PDA

View Full Version : Randy's TORN HAMMY

snowinapril
11-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Report from NFL Network

The Vikes haven't been forthcoming with info about Randy.

They have been leading us to believe it was more like a strained Hammy going week to week with it. It is probably not realistic to see Moss back for a t least a couple more weeks. And then he will not be 100% healed. I hope he heals faster than most.

It is the equivalent to the injury that Urlaucher suffered. They immediately said Urlaucher will miss 4-6 weeks upon seeing the MRI.

The Coaches messed up and should have had the MRI asap after that N.O. game.

SKOL
11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Tice said Moss will be back for the Jacksonville game. The Lions will be his fifth game out, considering the first two games he played, he lightly jogged, and this did not set him back on his recovery time. Tice believes Moss will be 100% in two weeks (Jacksonville).

vikingtim
11-16-2004, 12:06 PM
i also heard that a strained hammy is a slight tear, the mri just comfirmed to moss that is was a tear not a pull that I think moss thought it was. so the vikes and tice were right, 4 to 6 weeks out.

snowinapril
11-16-2004, 12:19 PM
In addition, the torn hammy means a tear with (more than a normal strain) bleeding in the muscle.

ADubya26
11-16-2004, 12:21 PM
damn snowinapril...are you trying to give me a heartattack?! I thought it was worse than the slightly torn hammy! Whew. Yeah, he did slightly tear it and he is due back most likely for the Jags game and if not then, then definitely the Bears game the following week. We need to win these next two if we have Moss or not..they are HUGE games for us!

josdin00
11-16-2004, 12:59 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Report from NFL Network

The Vikes haven't been forthcoming with info about Randy.

They have been leading us to believe it was more like a strained Hammy going week to week with it. It is probably not realistic to see Moss back for a t least a couple more weeks. And then he will not be 100% healed. I hope he heals faster than most.

It is the equivalent to the injury that Urlaucher suffered. They immediately said Urlaucher will miss 4-6 weeks upon seeing the MRI.

The Coaches messed up and should have had the MRI asap after that N.O. game.

Are you talking about the Urlacher injury from this week, or in the pre-season. His injury this week is internal bleeding in the leg from getting leg-whipped on one of the last plays in their tennessee game. It's still a 4-6 week injury, but nothing is torn.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 11:32 PM
It was Schefter or Schafter from the NFL network that said that the injury was similar to the injury that sidelined Urlacher for 4-6 weeks. They then talked about how there was bleeding in Randy's leg?????? It was said to be a similar type injury.

I know that Urlacher was more serious and required surgery.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 11:32 PM
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (Nov. 17, 2004) -- Randy Moss is doubtful for Minnesota's home game against Detroit because of his strained right hamstring.

Moss has missed the last two games, and he was without a reception in the two games before that. The Vikings have lost three straight to drop to 5-4 and need the All-Pro receiver back on the field.

He looked good in a 20-minute workout on Nov. 17, Vikings coach Mike Tice said, and remains on track to return for the Nov. 28 game against Jacksonville.

"I think he's doing a good job of rehabbing," Tice said. "I think the training staff has done an excellent job of getting him back this quickly. We're right on it."

When pressed, Tice stopped short of saying Moss wouldn't play at all against the Lions.

"You can read into that any way you want," Tice said. "Maybe they'll get ready to play against him, and maybe they won't."