PDA

View Full Version : Childress Gives Belichick a Wedgie

Prophet
09-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Childress Gives Belichick a Wedgie (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/02/childress-gives-belichick-a-wedgie/)
Posted Sep 2nd 2007 9:05PM
by JJ Cooper

jdvike
09-03-2007, 07:57 AM
I loved this pickup from the getgo.
I love it even more now that Chilli has shown he has a pair... and will not be bullied by God Belichick :P

Fuck Billy B!

Marrdro
09-03-2007, 08:04 AM
I can't believe a HC of his caliber had enough balls to call and ask us to leave his guy alone.
He must have really wanted the guy.

Again, a very intersting move by the Vikes front office.
Shows they are working together.
I can just hear the conversations now.

;D

Scott:
Hey Jimmie Johnson (TE coach).
I think we found a guy that can fit the scheme. I think the Pats are gonna try to sneak one of thier young guys with potential onto the Practice squad.

Jimmie:
You have any tape on him that I can break down?

Scott:
Some, but I will have to get some more.
When I do that the Pats will find out we are looking at him.

Jimmie:
Go ahead.
Get the tape.

Jimmie approaches Bevell.

Jiimmie: Hey I want to go to the Chiller and show him a guy the scouts found.

Bevell: Lets get the staff together and look at what ya got.

They all decide to go to the HC with thier stuff.

Bevel:
Hey coach.
We found a TE with potential we would like to get once he gets put out on the waiver wire.

Chiller: Lets see what you have. (Jimmie breaks down tape with coaching staff, O-coord, WR Coach, QB Coach, HC)

All decide that he is a good fit.
Of course our CAP guru has us sitting pretty so we can afford to sign him.

At this point Belichick gets wind that the Vikes are indeed officially interested.
He tries to persuade the Chiller to hold off.

Probably not verbatum but this is how a coaching staff works by the way.
The Chiller (I know it hard for some of you to grasp this concept) isn't up there making all these decisions on his own.

Classic........... ;D

MaxVike
09-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks Proph.
This might be my favorite read in months.
Floop Billy and the Patriots.
I work with alot of NFL Teams and this is a perfect illustration of how the Patriots conduct business.
KUDOS Chilly!

PurpleTide
09-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Hopefully Belicheck doesn't act out on his threat to grab one of our practice guys. Wouldn't doubt it though. Probably a O-lineman.

mountainviking
09-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Son of Aaah...Right back at us.
Thigpen signs with KC!
D'oh!!
Any bets on one of our current backup QBs not making the team next year?

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1398292.html

singersp
09-03-2007, 09:07 AM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Hopefully Belicheck doesn't act out on his threat to grab one of our practice guys. Wouldn't doubt it though. Probably a O-lineman.

??? He already did. He snatched Herron off of waivers....

Ultimately, Belichick followed through on his alleged threat: The Patriots claimed linebacker David Herron, who had signed with the Vikings as a rookie free agent and was among 22 players cut Saturday.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37345.msg629373;topicseen#new

singersp
09-03-2007, 09:09 AM
1) This should be in the Mills thread

2) This should at least be in the Vikings Fan forum

MetalMike-LoudVike
09-03-2007, 11:25 AM
well glas thats wasn't me my forked tongue of "colorful" langueage would have been heard. man Go Childress stand up to Belicheck trying to be a bully. Awesome

COJOMAY
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
From PFT:
CHILDRESS ASKING FOR TROUBLE

Regardless of his motivation for sharing with the media a conversation that he claims to have had with Pats coach Bill Belichick regarding maneuverings at the bottom of their respective rosters, the early reaction from league insiders regarding the harsh comments from Vikings coach Brad Childress regarding Belichick is that Childress made an enormous blunder.

Said one source:
"Why, in God's name, is Brad Childress talking about Bill Belichick to the press?
Is [Childress] a complete and senseless moron?
He basically insults one of the most powerful coaches in the league by calling him out as dishonest.
He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.
As a reader astutely observed, the coaching industry at the NFL level is fueled by relationships.
When a coach is fired and begins to look for other work, he relies on those relationships.
So why would any head coach gratuitously alienate a current head coach who has plenty of friends?

Indeed, if Childress is accurate in his belief that Belichick was trying to leverage the Vikings into not claiming tight end Garrett Mills on waivers, who's to say that Belichick won't eventually try to leverage some other team into not giving a job to Childress when/if/when he's fired by the Vikings?

NordicNed
09-03-2007, 01:29 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

From PFT:

Regardless of his motivation for sharing with the media a conversation that he claims to have had with Pats coach Bill Belichick regarding maneuverings at the bottom of their respective rosters, the early reaction from league insiders regarding the harsh comments from Vikings coach Brad Childress regarding Belichick is that Childress made an enormous blunder.

Said one source:
"Why, in God's name, is Brad Childress talking about Bill Belichick to the press?
He basically insults one of the most powerful coaches in the league by calling him out as dishonest.
He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.
As a reader astutely observed, the coaching industry at the NFL level is fueled by relationships.
When a coach is fired and begins to look for other work, he relies on those relationships.
So why would any head coach gratuitously alienate a current head coach who has plenty of friends?

Indeed, if Childress is accurate in his belief that Belichick was trying to leverage the Vikings into not claiming tight end Garrett Mills on waivers, who's to say that Belichick won't eventually try to leverage some other team into not giving a job to Childress when/if/when he's fired by the Vikings?

Nice read Cojo, and I'm sure this goes on in the league, way more than most people think.
But I look at it this way, if Chili went along with B, he'd then be in B's pocket and then Chili might as well label himself B's little B I T C H......And if this ever got out to the players, how Chili backed down to another coach, how do you think they would react..

I think more of Chili now than I did before, and I like him even more for what he did.
This could also send a messege to his players, that he is commmited to do anything it takes, within legal meens that is, to make this team the best it can be and to bring us a championship....I bet the players are really pumped over this situation and look up to Chili all that much more because of it...

I know I do, and this is exactly how I want a leader to act, tough and smart....

singersp
09-03-2007, 01:32 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

From PFT:

Said one source:
He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.

It's nothing more than a cat & mouse game. I think, IMO, regardless of what Belichek told Childress, he was still going to go after Thigpen anyways after Mills was safely on the practice squad. KC just got to him first.

This is the NFL. If you see a player on waivers that you like............go get him!

I would have told Belichek I wouldn't go after him & then turn right around & take him.

Ah! a new & different kind of pill to swallow.

C Mac D
09-03-2007, 01:40 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

From PFT:

Said one source:
Is [Childress] a complete and senseless silly guy?
He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.

It's nothing more than a cat & mouse game. I think, IMO, regardless of what Belichek told Childress, he was still going to go after Thigpen anyways after Mills was safely on the practice squad. KC just got to him first.

This is the NFL. If you see a player on waivers that you like............go get him!

OK, now this article really p*sses me off. BC is just supposed to "fold" to Belichek? The whole point is to improve your team so you're not looking for a new job next season. I think Belichek has enough good players. He can go hug his three Lombardy trophies if he wants to cry like a p*ssy. And the writers of this article need to detach their lips from Belichek's a$$. Anyone remember when he coached the Browns?

For once, I'm proud of BC.

vikinggreg
09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Good for Childress, Belichick doesn't sign his paycheck and if he did't want to exposed Mills to 31 other teams he should have given him a roster spot.
Bill you don't run the league and the Vikes aren't
laying down for you.

MaxVike
09-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Not sure how this got out in the press, that's the ONLY possible decent point brought out by this guy.
And, could you imagine the angle should Childress have agreed?
The Vikes have a ways to go, but that kind of leadership doesn't grow on trees.

In the words of one of our most famous former Presidents, John F Kennedy, Leaders do what's right, managers do the right thing.
In this instance, Childress did what he thought was right for the Vikes, not the right thing according to the blogger or writer.
I may be wrong, but this seems to be further indication that the owner, coach and GM are all together.
Good job Chilly!

Floop the Patriots and the almighty Belichick....:'( :'( :'(

thevikingfan
09-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Woot go chili

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 02:27 PM
A person can not befriend everyone without looking soft.

Do you want a soft coach?
Is someone going to hire a soft coach?

classic 9 G post

V-Unit
09-03-2007, 03:38 PM
I am so ready for a Vikes-Pats Super Bowl now. David vs. Goliath. Childress vs. Belicheck. Moss vs. his old team.

BadlandsVikings
09-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Great read Prophet, I'm a little sissapointed though.
I was expecting an onion article.

Mr-holland
09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
This must one of the best reads in a long time.

Stick that offer up your F-ing ass Bill, what he's trying to do is verry verry pathetic and i'm glad we could sign him to our roster is it's true he has some talent

sleepagent
09-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Now that we know BC has a pair . . . let's see him turn that into several rings!

And one other thing . . . does this mean MOSS will get traded to the PACKERS???
;D

Ltrey33
09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
I have more respect for Childress now that I read this. I am glad he didnt' get pushed around.

Although, I think he is a complete dumbass for going public with it the week before the season starts. Can you say distraction?

cajunvike
09-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Fuck Belichick...it's time he gets his comeuppance!

Braddock
09-03-2007, 09:58 PM
"C" wrote:

OK, now this article really p*sses me off. BC is just supposed to "fold" to Belichek? The whole point is to improve your team so you're not looking for a new job next season. I think Belichek has enough good players. He can go hug his three Lombardy trophies if he wants to cry like a p*ssy. And the writers of this article need to detach their lips from Belichek's a$$. Anyone remember when he coached the Browns?

For once, I'm proud of BC.

It's not b/c he didn't back down, the article is criticizing why he told the story to the press. They're saying that he shouldn't have said what happened, just sign the guy and that be that.

I can agree with the media that he shouldn't have said it to secure maybe later positions, but this tells me that Chiller is commited to STAYING with the Vikings. I mean, he's the HC, of course he is, but we now know he REALLY is, so much so that he's potentially risking other employment opportunities to let the fans and vikings media know what's going on. He had to know that saying the story to the public wouldn't be the best career move, which is why this is great on several levels: 1.) Gets fans and players believing in him more (just read this forum) by knowing he has cajones just as much as any HC out there. He is not overwhelmed by his position, and that was arguable last season. So it shows growth and improvement. 2.) He's obviously opening up to the media. One of the biggest complaints last year was his relationship with media and fans. Now, as we see, he is being more candid, more personable, and sticking up for our team. Gives me hope. a lot of it.

Overlord
09-04-2007, 12:50 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

From PFT:

Said one source:
Is [Childress] a complete and senseless silly guy?
He's an idiot coach."

We tend to agree.

I like PFT a lot, but I disaprove of this entry.
I understand they're criticizing Childress from the perspective of his future coaching/job opportunities, but even then I think they're missing a lot.

First, the whole thing that Belichick is a 'powerful' coach.
I agree that Belichick has job security in Foxboro, but I don't think Wilf calls him to ask permission on how to run his franchise, or any of the other 31 franchises (even Kraft might be allowed to go to the bathroom without a hallpass from Belichick).
Did the Steelers get his permission before hiring Tomlin?
Chargers call him up in the offseason to ask him what they should do with their coaching situation?
Just garbage.
Yeah, people in the industry talk, but the words of a bitter old man will be recognized for what they are.

Second, the 'plenty of friends' line doesn't seem right to me.
I think most people in the league respect him.
But everytime you see him playing a former co-worker, the media talks about how they don't get along (I'm thinking Mangenius - who Belichick didn't want to get the job he did, right?).
I know everybody loves the way he stretches the injury report.
I'm sure the fringe players on his roster are going to love him now that they know he likes to try to keep them from getting better jobs and making more money so that he can force them to play on his team.

This is a little long-winded, but I can't stand the idea that this guy is messing with these player's careers.
He doesn't want his guy to have a chance to make a roster and earn a better paycheck?
Cheat to win and all, but he betrayed one of his players.
This isn't franchising someone (within the rules), this is lying to and decieving your own player in order to take advantage.
Childress did the right thing by calling this guy out.

HornedHat
09-04-2007, 02:15 AM
I certainly don't care about Chill's future job prospects. My hope is that he is INDEED the right HC in Minny, in which case the only job he would need is here. Let Chill build his own dynasty, and Bullycheck's won't matter. I'd rather Chill retire as a sucessful Viking HC, and go fishing with Bud, than be lining up for Bill's handouts after failing here. I'm a guessin this Mills kid must have some potential.

cogitans
09-04-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37345.msg630051;topicseen#new

singersp
09-04-2007, 06:37 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

I pointed that out on page one to no avail.

I gave up.

singersp
09-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Monday notes/Practice squad additions (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=925)

September 3rd, 2007 – 1:43 PM by
Kevin Seifert
startribune.com

Coach Brad Childress’ appearance on Softballs with Sid is causing a bit of a stir, at least in media circles.....

cogitans
09-04-2007, 06:40 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

I pointed that out on page one to no avail.

I gave up.

I know you did. It's difficult to decide where to put the article, as both threads are equally relevant.

I chose this solution of posting it over in the fan forum, and posting this link between the threads.

ultravikingfan
09-04-2007, 06:42 AM
A thread about one man giving another a wedgie deserves it's own thread.
http://www.irontrybe.com/forum/images/smilies/lollypop.gif

cogitans
09-04-2007, 06:43 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Seriously. The two threads are about the same story.

You just like the wedgie headline better

singersp
09-04-2007, 06:49 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Is there not a wedgie smilie to be found?

If anyone can find one, you can.

singersp
09-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Collusion or Gamesmanship? (http://packers.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=675315)

By Viking Update Staff
scout.com

Posted Sep 3, 2007

ultravikingfan
09-04-2007, 07:04 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Sorry, cannot read every post guys.

Here is the appropriate smiley.

http://forum.ramanon.com/images/smilies/wedgie%5b1%5d.gif

singersp
09-04-2007, 07:09 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

LMAO! I knew you'd have or find one.

singersp
09-04-2007, 07:11 AM
LOL! This is a pretty good one..........

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Case of Childress v. Belichick (http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/9/3/15315/94027)

By Gonzo
dailynorseman.com

Posted on Mon, 3 September 2007 at 15:31:04 EDT

cogitans
09-04-2007, 07:20 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

With that the thread gets yanked back on topic.
;D

cogitans
09-04-2007, 07:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:

LOL! This is a pretty good one..........

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Case of Childress v. Belichick (http://www.dailynorseman.com/story/2007/9/3/15315/94027)

By Gonzo
dailynorseman.com

Posted on Mon, 3 September 2007 at 15:31:04 EDT

Oh yes. That's exactly on point.

The PFT reaction does feel like this is bizarro world. It's Belichick that acts like an arrogant prick.

PurpleTide
09-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Belichick is the king of non-disclosure, always looking for a way to buck the system. Hope his eyes are watering from the wedgie the Chiller pulled.

Marrdro
09-04-2007, 08:11 AM
This whole thread just brought a tear to my eye.

Tears of joy my friends, tears of joy.
I am so proud of the Chiller right now
;D

NodakPaul
09-04-2007, 11:54 AM
I am glad that Belichick got called out.
But I wouldn't make more of this than what it really is.
I would not be surprised to see a lot of this happening in the NFL, even though it goes against the CBA.
Belichick isn't the only one.

But it makes me happy to see some egg in his face. ;D

Vikingryche
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Go Chili!! Love that read!!
Like he would only need Belicheks vote to get jobs elsewhere, LOL!!!
He is from the Mike Holmgren tree, IMO that is alot of leverage!!

baumy300
09-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Sorry if it's a repost. Didn't see it posted.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3006687

jessejames09
09-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Everyone hates Belichick because he makes there coaches look like a cub bear playing with their nuts.

The man is an effin genius. And the raggedy old sweaters just prove it. True geniuses are always crazy.
http://streams.gandhiserve.org/images/einstein.jpg

marstc09
09-05-2007, 11:52 PM
"Vikingryche" wrote:

Go Chili!! Love that read!!
Like he would only need Belicheks vote to get jobs elsewhere, LOL!!!

He is from the Mike Holmgren tree, IMO that is alot of leverage!!

Yeah that is why he could care less.
I hate Belichick and the Patroits but I want Randy to get his ring. Patroits and Vikings in the Super Bowl! Sorry Randy as much as I love ya, Vikes win!

vikingivan
09-06-2007, 09:07 AM
The Patriots beat us like a drum last year.
Not only did they beat us badly, they also showed the rest of the league how to beat us.
Good for Childress.
I hope that Childress gets the opportunity to redeem himself against him in another game.
Let's hope it happens sooner than 3 years from now also.

eelpout72
09-11-2007, 10:45 PM
I guess that Belichick didnt want Dave Herron too much after all.
He probably snatched him off of waivers simply out of spite.

From www.kffl.com

Patriots | Herron waived
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:01:58 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots have waived LB Dave Herron.

Prophet
09-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Childress Complained About Belichick First (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/11/childress-ahead-of-the-curve-in-calling-out-belichick/)
Posted Sep 11th 2007 10:31PM
by JJ Cooper