PDA

View Full Version : Senior Members.. Thoughts!

snowinapril
09-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Members,

I have a few thoughts to put out there as we head into this new season, 2007.
I think that it is important to remember that things are going to heat up around here as the season starts and the Ws and Ls start to add up.
There will be heated conversations and many differing opinions flying around.
As senior members, let's remember to keep our cool and level heads wherever possible in the heat of the battle.

The other thing is that as Senior "wise" Members (opposite of units), let's show everyone the respect they deserve.
Let us try to be more articulate and explain ourselves instead of using sarcasm and one liners to belittle other members.

Oh, the classic line used against the NFL TURD watch list also applies here.
"It is a privilege to play in the NFL so the 'turd' better start realizing it."
It is also a privilege to post here at PPO, so we need to start realizing it.

We don't need to be teaching Sunday school, we just need to set good examples for others to follow.
It is alright to waiver, it is how we handle the situation that counts.

Thanks,
Snow

COJOMAY
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM
Good reminder SIA! Ah, by senior were you refering to age or # of posts? LOL ;D

BadlandsVikings
09-02-2007, 02:01 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Your the oldest here so this must be only for you.
:D

COJOMAY
09-02-2007, 02:03 PM
That's what I was thinking but I ALWAYS keep my cool!
LOL So the post couldn't be talking about me!

mr.woo
09-02-2007, 02:25 PM
sgt. WOO of the third p.p.o battallion is on the job.

ultravikingfan
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

If it is by age, you are RK are Senior x2 members!

AngloVike
09-02-2007, 02:46 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Your the oldest here so this must be only for you.

lol..... always nice to see such respect for the elders of the site
;D

davike
09-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Well I am not a senior member if your refering to age so I don't have to controll myself.

Prophet
09-03-2007, 06:05 AM
If people promise to use their brains, I will try to use mine too.

singersp
09-03-2007, 06:45 AM
So... if a newb calls a senior member a jerk & tells him to get a life, we should let it slide.

Gottcha!

I thought personal attacks weren't allowed here?

I hope the newb at least got a PM reminding him of that rule.

digital420
09-03-2007, 06:48 AM
as long as trolls are open for hunting.. i'm sure most of the core here are straight up with newcommers, newbs, and those once in a great while posters.

now.. if someone makes a boneheaded comment.. i'm sure there will be a reply for boneheads..

DiGiTaL

Prophet
09-03-2007, 06:56 AM
If the 'let's hold hands' crowd takes over the site there is no reason to be here.
One of the reasons this site is palatable compared to the thousands of other NFL sites is because people don't get by with posting complete crap that is unsupported.
That is one of the reasons this site rises above the ashes of other sites.

If a newb isn't capable of seeing the different personalities on the site...and if they are born without a spine and with a fragile ego....maybe they can find another site.
You will have to ban me before I quit ripping on idiotic posts.

I expect people to do the same to me.
If I post crap that is pulled out of my ass, call me on it.
People that are knowledgeable about the game and not afraid to call someone out are the type of people that make this site better, not worse.

singersp
09-03-2007, 07:03 AM
"digital420" wrote:

as long as trolls are open for hunting.. i'm sure most of the core here are straight up with newcommers, newbs, and those once in a great while posters.

now.. if someone makes a boneheaded comment.. i'm sure there will be a reply for boneheads..

DiGiTaL

Nope, that is what he's saying. Respect him for his opinion whether the comment is bone-headed or not.

In other words, walk on egg shells around the newbs.

If a newb calling a member here a jerk & telling him to get a life is allowed without ramification, whether he feels justified or not, I'll be looking for a new site to post the news on.

SIA's same thoughts should apply to the newbs as well as senior members.

Marrdro
09-03-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't consider myself on par with some of you "Senior Members" but thought I should inject something here as I kindof feel responsible for this thread.

I for one have changed my approach a bit. I am going to try to be a bit more patient when it comes to blatently wacking on a guy/gal for making dumb posts.
Heck, some of you have been very patient with my thoughts and views over the last year or so.

With that said however, I gotta agree with Prophet and don't believe they should be given a free pass to run rampant.
The credibility of posts and discussions normally found on this site are what make it great and is the reason I choose to support PPO not only with my thoughts but funds as well.

If for some reason, such posters continue to make points that are senseless or just plain in there to cause hate and discontent I believe the old me will have to come out.
Almost a 3 strikes and your out kindof approach.

For that I will not apologize.

singersp
09-03-2007, 07:32 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I don't consider myself on par with some of you "Senior Members" but thought I should inject something here as I kindof feel responsible for this thread.

I for one have changed my approach a bit. I am going to try to be a bit more patient when it comes to blatently wacking on a guy/gal for making dumb posts.
Heck, some of you have been very patient with my thoughts and views over the last year or so.

With that said however, I gotta agree with Prophet and don't believe they should be given a free pass to run rampant.
The credibility of posts and discussions normally found on this site are what make it great and is the reason I choose to support PPO not only with my thoughts but funds as well.

If for some reason, such posters continue to make points that are senseless or just plain in there to cause hate and discontent I believe the old me will have to come out.

How many strikes am I down to on your scorecard Marrdro?
:-

Marrdro
09-03-2007, 07:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

:-\

None my friend. In fact everyone starts with a clean slate.
;D

singersp
09-03-2007, 07:43 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

None my friend. In fact everyone starts with a clean slate.

;D

:o Holy Shit! I was down to none? Good thing you're wiping the slate clean.

ultravikingfan
09-03-2007, 08:59 AM
"singersp" wrote:

So... if a newb calls a senior member a jerk & tells him to get a life, we should let it slide.

Gottcha!

No, I think Snow is talking about when a newb comes and posts an independant thought.
Lets say they post about how good we were when we hand Randy and now we suck at WR.
You gotta admit that newb would get hammered by members and then smacked with the crotch sniffer picture all because it has been hashed and rehashed here at PP.O for years.
It's not fair for them and you cannot expect a newb to sign up and read through all the threads to know what is going on.

And the newbs who come in with less than perfect netiquette.
Don't want to see them get hammered right of the rip.

Now, I am not saying I am perfect with this and I have not always been the best dude around here.
If a newb comes and posts all the place I usually send them a PM with some tips and such.
If they totally disregard then the heat gets stepped up.

When a newb gets backed into a corner by the veterans around here you cannot blame them for calling a vet a jerk and to get a life (cause they see 3,854,848,731 posts of that member).

sleepagent
09-03-2007, 09:09 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Gottcha!

No, I think Snow is talking about when a newb comes and posts an independant thought.
Lets say they post about how good we were when we hand Randy and now we suck at WR.
You gotta admit that newb would get hammered by members and then smacked with the crotch sniffer picture all because it has been hashed and rehashed here at PP.O for years.
It's not fair for them and you cannot expect a newb to sign up and read through all the threads to know what is going on.

And the newbs who come in with less than perfect netiquette.
Don't want to see them get hammered right of the rip.

Now, I am not saying I am perfect with this and I have not always been the best dude around here.
If a newb comes and posts all the place I usually send them a PM with some tips and such.
If they totally disregard then the heat gets stepped up.

When a newb gets backed into a corner by the veterans around here you cannot blame them for calling a vet a jerk and to get a life (cause they see 3,854,848,731 posts of that member).

I couldn't agree more.

Have you ever thought why there's only 30+ or so really active members out of 7,000??

It can be intimidating enough to be a new guy (or girl) . . . and then to get hammered with an opinion because an "older" member is tired of hearing about that topic is a bit of an "elitist" mentality.

If you don't like the topic or are tired of the post . . . ignore it.
It'll go away very quickly.

I've been here since December of 2003 and I see a lot of rehashed topics and things that make me roll my eyes.
I try to not make a personal attack on the person, and ignore it.

Perhaps this is why my post count is so low, but I've got more important things to do than increase my post count by belittling someone else.

singersp
09-03-2007, 09:16 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

That's where we disagree. A newb should still be held to the same accountability for personal attacks, just like senior members. They should not be an exception to this rule.

They can still make their point tactfully & using netiquitte.

Repeated threads & duplicate articles I can understand.

A lot of the so called "Newbs" may be a nrwb to this site, but that doesn't mean they are a newb to forums such as this. Most forums have the same basic rules.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 10:00 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

If the 'let's hold hands' crowd takes over the site there is no reason to be here.
One of the reasons this site is palatable compared to the thousands of other NFL sites is because people don't get by with posting complete crap that is unsupported.
That is one of the reasons this site rises above the ashes of other sites.

If a newb isn't capable of seeing the different personalities on the site...and if they are born without a spine and with a fragile ego....maybe they can find another site.
You will have to ban me before I quit ripping on idiotic posts.

I expect people to do the same to me.
If I post crap that is pulled out of my jiggly butt, call me on it.
People that are knowledgeable about the game and not afraid to call someone out are the type of people that make this site better, not worse.

Come on Prophet, when have we all held hands.
:o

You said it right.....

Rip the post, not the person that posted.

I agree with Ultra, newbies can't be expected to know the ropes.
HOFers have been around for a long time.
We have just about seen it all here at PPO but newbies haven't.
I would not put an exact number on it, but if someone has over a hundred posts, that person has read enough to know what they are getting into.
If they haven't been reading, and trying to run up their post count, then that person's posts might well deserve a contrary point of view.

For the record, I definitely don't consider someone with 300 posts a newbie.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 10:00 AM
The problem that makes this site (or any site) unattractive is when members need to strut or seem to think they have ownership by association to PPO.
A member owns their own words.
It is great that we feel a sense of community and some sense of pride in PPO that is what makes PPO what it is.
We need to remember, that Webby has opened up this (his) home to us and we are guest.
It is impolite to drink all of Webby's gin and pee on his cat and in his closets.

PPO isn't a place where we should come to feel superior to others (like the inferior cat).
I think that we all know that, but sometimes it is easy to forget.

We don't have to all agree with each other in our posts.
Even with this post, some will see it for what it is, to promote some good will and other will take it as an insult that they were reminded about something they don't need to worry about because they will continue to do what they want because it doesn't pertain to them or it isn't a problem. Diversity is needed.
Personalities are also needed.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
This question just dawned on me.

Taking my ball and going home.......?

Why would "I'm leaving" be someones first thought after reading my original post?

This site has its ebbs and flows, one needs to roll with the site.

COJOMAY
09-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, as one of the "senior members" (age wise anyway), let me put in my two cents worth.
I remember some of my first posts and how I was afraid to post anything controversial for fear of getting slammed by people on here who had a lot more football knowledge than I do. Heck, I don't have much football knowledge but the "single wing" which was played by everyone when I was playing.
Anyway, I came on slow and eventually seemed to be "one of the gang" here. And I thank people like Shock, Webby, Singer, Ned, and SIA for helping me out. I had a couple of difficulties with some senior members but we talked it over in PM's and got things ironed out.
Now I go to KFAN's Rube Site occasionally and I see people saying things there to each other with words I wouldn't post even if I wasn't a pastor. In fact that seems to be the whole reason for their exsistance -- to put down other people. But that has not been a problem here except when someone comes in with a "know it all" attitude and tries to bully their way around. Our moderators have done a good job of weening out the trouble-makers and making this a board that allows people to express strong opinions but they better have the facts to back them up or they are gonna get ripped by some very knowledgeable football fans.
Be nice to "newbies?" of course. But only to the point of knowing that everyone has the right to an opinion but that opinion maker better have two things: 1) Some facts to back up their argument; and 2) Have the guts to know that others may have other viewpoints and have the fortitude to accept criticism without name calling.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 10:38 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Well, as one of the "senior members" (age wise anyway), let me put in my two cents worth.
I remember some of my first posts and how I was afraid to post anything controversial for fear of getting slammed by people on here who had a lot more football knowledge than I do. Heck, I don't have much football knowledge but the "single wing" which was played by everyone when I was playing.
Anyway, I came on slow and eventually seemed to be "one of the gang" here. And I thank people like Shock, Webby, Singer, Ned, and SIA for helping me out. I had a couple of difficulties with some senior members but we talked it over in PM's and got things ironed out.
Now I go to KFAN's Rube Site occasionally and I see people saying things there to each other with words I wouldn't post even if I wasn't a pastor. In fact that seems to be the whole reason for their exsistance -- to put down other people. But that has not been a problem here except when someone comes in with a "know it all" attitude and tries to bully their way around. Our moderators have done a good job of weening out the trouble-makers and making this a board that allows people to express strong opinions but they better have the facts to back them up or they are gonna get ripped by some very knowledgeable football fans.
Be nice to "newbies?" of course. But only to the point of knowing that everyone has the right to an opinion but that opinion maker better have two things: 1) Some facts to back up their argument; and 2) Have the guts to know that others may have other viewpoints and have the fortitude to accept criticism without name calling.

Great post!

singersp
09-03-2007, 10:41 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Great post!

??? Cojo said what I was talking about here & you're telling us to cut them some slack.

and have the fortitude to accept criticism without name calling

They should be held to that same rule whether they have 1 post or 12,000

singersp
09-03-2007, 10:47 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Why would "I'm leaving" be someones first thought after reading my original post?

Because what I took out of your post is that if I was called a "jerk" or to "get a life" from a newb, I should just take it in the ass & move on.

I won't provoke it, but if it happens to me, I won't just let it slide.

If your saying I must & it happens to often because newbs will be allowed to do so, I don't have to stay here & take it.

Keep in mind, PP.O. is also a privilage for the newbs as well.

Somethings they should be allowed slack in, other things not.

ultravikingfan
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

That's where we disagree. A newb should still be held to the same accountability for personal attacks, just like senior members. They should not be an exception to this rule.

They can still make their point tactfully & using netiquitte.

Repeated threads & duplicate articles I can understand.

A lot of the so called "Newbs" may be a nrwb to this site, but that doesn't mean they are a newb to forums such as this. Most forums have the same basic rules.

Accountability if it is a repeated offense.
Can you blame somebody for being ganged-up on around here or anywhere?
It's human nature to lash out when provoked.

I do not know, or could care less, whether they are new to forums or not.
We should assume they are not and not jump out and cut their throats off the bat.
A lot of people have left PP.O for this reason, some have not.

It simple, if a new member wants to express him or herself they have every right.
They do not need to be attacked or reminded by 3 members that we already have discussed that for the last 3 months.
I little helpful insight can go a long way around here.

marcosMN
09-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I understand that I am probably one of those that this message is aimed at.

Let me first say that, aside from the occasional moral slip, I would never try to rip someone down for who they are. Any attacks I make on this board I have tried and will try harder henceforth to aim at the topic or opinion being discussed therein.

Secondly, I want to echo a part of what has been said here. I also put up with my share of crap when I first joined, but I kept at it and broke through. And now I couldn't feel more at home than I do when bsing with you dudes.

So I guess that may be where some see a little entitlement. Its like hazing in high school or in the locker room. The rooks go through it, then dish it out once they've paid their dues...

ultravikingfan
09-03-2007, 11:01 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Let me first say that, aside from the occasional moral slip, I would never try to rip someone down for who they are. Any attacks I make on this board I have tried and will try harder henceforth to aim at the topic or opinion being discussed therein.

Secondly, I want to echo a part of what has been said here. I also put up with my share of crap when I first joined, but I kept at it and broke through. And now I couldn't feel more at home than I do when bsing with you dudes.

So I guess that may be where some see a little entitlement. Its like hazing in high school or in the locker room. The rooks go through it, then dish it out once they've paid their dues...

Your such a dumb fuck!

http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/11.gif

JK!
Thought I would try and alter the sour mood this thread is glistening with.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 11:08 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Great post!

??? Cojo said what I was talking about here & you're telling us to cut them some slack.

It isn't about the post count, vet or newb. It is about being responsible.
People with the knowledge and know how have the responsibility to pass it on in a constructive manner whether it is on this website or in day to day life in the real world.

Cojo's post was great in the fact that he put it all together from newb to vet with insight on a personal level.

Snobum, this wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
The point was to have a meaningful discussion or some reflection.

marcosMN
09-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Well I just sent newb in question a pm and hopefully mended fenced just for good measure.

singersp
09-03-2007, 11:19 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Great post!

People with the knowledge and know how have the responsibility to pass it on in a constructive manner whether it is on this website or in day to day life in the real world.

Cojo's post was great in the fact that he put it all together from newb to vet with insight on a personal level.

That is correct, but not what I see happening here.

While Marrdro's comment may have been uncalled for & provoked Marstc09, who has been around here long enough, his personal attack on Marrdro was also uncalled for. Plus he refused to appologize for it.

What I saw transpire, was that Marrdro was instructed to appologize for his post, yet Marstc09 was given a pat on the back for a job well done. By doing so, he was given a license to insult.

That kind of shit irks the hell out of me.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 11:45 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Because what I took out of your post is that if I was called a "jerk" or to "get a life" from a newb, I should just take it in the jiggly butt & move on.

If your saying I must & it happens to often because newbs will be allowed to do so, I don't have to stay here & take it.

From what Cojo mentioned, it sounds like it is worse at other places than it is here.
I wouldn't know, I will take Cojo's word on that.
I haven't gone looking.

Now as far as slack, there has been a ton of that given around here, to everyone that is a member.

I know exactly what post you keep referring to and I know exactly how it was handled. I also know that it has been resolved.
It was a learning experience for everyone involved including me.
They have already let it go!
The one important point I want to pull from that thread, is that when the silent majority starts to speak out in defense of the downtrodden, then that is an opinion that needs to be heard.

What does one want me to say?
Really...... Do you think that I am going to say that it is open hunting season toward those posted least? Or that we need to start hazing all that post? Or that because one is a HOFer that he automatically demands respect from others?

**It has and always will be based on respect, the gaining and giving of it.**

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 11:58 AM
"singersp" wrote:

While Marrdro's comment may have been uncalled for & provoked Marstc09, who has been around here long enough, his personal attack on Marrdro was also uncalled for. Plus he refused to appologize for it.

What I saw transpire, was that Marrdro was instructed to appologize for his post, yet Marstc09 was given a pat on the back for a job well done. By doing so, he was given a license to insult.

That kind of pooh irks the hell out of me.

Same here!
You can say without a doubt that it happened exactly like you say it did?
Do you know how it really transpired?

singersp
09-03-2007, 12:03 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Same here!

I can say without a doubt that is exactly how I perceive it based on what I know & what I read in that thread. That is what I have to go on & others as well.

V-Unit
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Great post!

That kind of shit irks the hell out of me.

My whole theory is we, as vets on this site, basically shape the way this board will be. If you want it to be 30 guys talking vikings football, fine insult away.

As vets, I just think there is a responsibility to not create stupid threads, or thread hijack. In this case, if Marrdro had simply gave his opinion, which we all know he loves to do, things would have been fine.

I understand where everybody is coming from. I'm allergic to stupid people so I don't like to see threads like that either. However, like I said in the thread, a lot of great posters made bad posts. The thread was derailed in about 3 posts. When I was a new poster the same things happened to my threads and I hated it. You are trying to have a good discussion and someone derails it (we have all been guilty of this, myself included). I guess my whole point is the whole situation is entirely avoidable.

If you act a like a jerk, you are going to be called a jerk, whether you are a newb or an old-timer. Next time, instead of assuming the newb was in the wrong, assess the situation. Ask yourself, why is he calling me a jerk?

In my honest opinion, the newb did nothing wrong in that thread. People made a series of sarcastic comments towards him, and then when he showed his frustration, people again lashed out at him. For a random analogy, that is like stabbing a Tiger until he bites your leg off, and then shooting the tiger because he bit your leg off. Don't stab the tiger in the first place.

NordicNed
09-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Singer and Marrdro..... LMAO

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:olA6fNIFg_LK2M:http://www.bobdenver.com/Gilligan_s_Guest_Stars/The_Pilot_Page/Gilligan___the_Girls/Gilligan___the_Skipper/Bob___Alan__2__in_Pilot.JPG

singersp
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Because what I took out of your post is that if I was called a "jerk" or to "get a life" from a newb, I should just take it in the jiggly butt & move on.

From what Cojo mentioned, it sounds like it is worse at other places than it is here.
I haven't gone looking.

Now as far as slack, there has been a ton of that given around here, to everyone that is a member.

I know exactly what post you keep referring to and I know exactly how it was handled. I also know that it has been resolved.
The one important point I want to pull from that thread, is that when the silent majority starts to speak out in defense of the downtrodden, then that is an opinion that needs to be heard.

Really...... Do you think that I am going to say that it is open hunting season toward those posted least? Or that we need to start hazing all that post? Or that because one is a HOFer that he automatically demands respect from others?

Nope, I would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. To me post count doesn't mean shit, other than defining whether or not a person is a newb. Even that doesn't accurately tell as there are posters here with very few posts that have been around awhile.

V-Unit
09-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Wow, ok PHoD just made a ridiculously bad post. I advise hot-blooded ones to simply ignore, but if you can't and bash him, well its kind of deserved.

shockzilla
09-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Let's just all hold hands and sing "Cumbaya"...

;D

COJOMAY
09-03-2007, 12:19 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

;D

Can't do that Shock, there are some religious words in that song which would offend many on this site.

NordicNed
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I haven't gone looking.

Nope, I would have felt the same way if the tables were turned. To me post count doesn't mean shit, other than defining whether or not a person is a newb. Even that doesn't accurately tell as there are posters here with very few posts that have been around awhile.

Post count has never impressed me or meen that much to me.
I still see today, some who have post counts under 1000, but have been here before me even.
And they are solid and respected members here.
I"ve also seen members who come here and their post count shots thru the roof, but alot of their post aren't worth squat......

And let us all not forget, we where all Rookies of the site at one time or other....In my case, I've been a rookie twice....
;D

singersp
09-03-2007, 12:20 PM
"V" wrote:

In my honest opinion, the newb did nothing wrong in that thread. People made a series of sarcastic comments towards him, and then when he showed his frustration, people again lashed out at him. For a random analogy, that is like stabbing a Tiger until he bites your leg off, and then shooting the tiger because he bit your leg off. Don't stab the tiger in the first place.

First of all, with 335 posts, he is not a newb IMO.

Secondly, What you are saying is personal attacks are OK if you feel justified, are provoked & are frustrated.

shockzilla
09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
As a "Senior Member" of this site, I feel everyone has a valid opinion, newb or not. But it is NOT right that anyone, ANYONE, make a personal attack on another. It IS not, and SHOULD NOT be, tolerated under any circumstances. I believe it is anyone's duty who joins this site to learn the rules, know them and follow them. Period.

Just because someone has more posts than someone else does NOT give them the right to call them a newb, or assume that they know more about football or ANY of that crap.

That's my two cents. It's football - it's a game. Let's treat it as such and stop bickering.

singersp
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

As a "Senior Member" of this site, I feel everyone has a valid opinion, newb or not. But it is NOT right that anyone, ANYONE, make a personal attack on another. It IS not, and SHOULD NOT be, tolerated under any circumstances. I believe it is anyone's duty who joins this site to learn the rules, know them and follow them. Period.

Just because someone has more posts than someone else does NOT give them the right to call them a newb, or assume that they know more about football or ANY of that crap.

That's my two cents. It's football - it's a game. Let's treat it as such and stop bickering.

They can about me. I don't know shit when it comes to formations, routes & a lot of terminology that gets used here.

Hell, I still don't know the difference between a dime back & a nickle back or a safety & a free safety.

I am a football knowledged idiot.

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Same here!

I can say without a doubt that is exactly how I perceive it based on what I know & what I read in that thread. That is what I have to go on & others as well.

I am saying that isn't how it transpired.
It is like a game of telephone some pooh got lost in the middle.

The important part is that marrdro and marstc09 worked it out.

Now that we have almost entirely made this thread into a review of the thread in question, and we have totally singled out the two involved instead of focusing on the overall point of the original post............

That thread, not one post in particular is probably one of the most embarassing threads I can recall in a long time.
Not because two people got upset with each other, but how one was defended simply because he hadn't been around here long enough to understand the madden rating joke.
One person came to his defense.

Singer go back and look at your post.
Nothing was mentioned about the language that dog that was backed into the corner used, only a reference as to how he wasn't suppose to jump down the vets throat.

"singersp" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Should we pick up any of these guys? I wouldn't mind Keenan.

Dude, do you just sit there waiting for someone to get realeased so you can start a thread?

The "Madden Rating" joke has more than been worn out.

My use of it isn't so much a slam on Madden the game but rather to posters who can't/don't know that thier is a difference between how the game is played in Madden and how the game is really played in real life.

Usually they can be identified as starters of threads such as this.
::)

Hey jerk, what is your roll to just make fun of posts and not make an intelligent one. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with. I feel so sorry for you. Who cares if someone wants to sign him.
That is their opinion.
Who do you think you are? Some sort of genius who knows all. Get a life and wake the hell up.
It is not your world. In my opinion Keenan is worth looking at as well as Tyrone Poole. You do not like it go cry to someone who cares. Our CBs look thin and I think Tyrone would be an ok pickup. As for the Madden comments I am pretty sure they know the difference between the game and real life so get off their backs. Your comment was pointless and me writing this was a waste of my time but necessary.

Before you jump down someone's throat, you better be gol 'darnit sure you know what the hell you are talking about.

You haven't been here as long as some of us have. There have been threads in the past started by members who state we should sign certain players because there Madden rating was such & such.

They based their opinion solely on that rating or they happened to have that player on their Madden team & he was a stud for him so likewise he should be a stud if we signed him.

That is why there is a standing joke in reference to a prospective players Madden rating.

Marrdro has been here long enough to see such threads, as have many here, & he is only eluding to that reference.

I believe you owe the man an appology.

Touche

Basically, marstc doesn't deserve an apology because he hasn't been here as long.
So if his feelings were hurt, it doesn't matter.
Him understanding the madden joke helps this situation.

Sometimes it is easier to admit defeat, so I am done.

Read this and then say "Awwwww we are all great fans."
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37107.0

singersp
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Singer go back and look at your post.
Nothing was mentioned about the language that dog that was backed into the corner used, only a reference as to how he wasn't suppose to jump down the vets throat.

Guilty as charged.

I guess I need to be more clearer in my posts as to exactly what I'm refering to so it's better understood or I should just stick to posting articles like Zeus said.

I'm done here.

COJOMAY
09-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm guessing that right about now Singer's PM box is getting stuffed!

Hang in their Singer, I'd rather be gone than you. You are far too valuable here and I remember when I tried to take over for you one week while you were on vacation I got slammed aplenty.

cogitans
09-03-2007, 01:12 PM
This has become a very strange thread, but none the less very fun and eyeopening.

The first thing I have learned from this is, that there are actual people out there behind the keyboards, and you're not all part of my imagination.

For the more serious part, I took the following from the original post by SIA:

- The season is upon us, expect more new members to chime in soon.
- The Mod-group would like to remind us that we should be aware that new members not know the ropes initially here, and we should take it upon ourselves to get into the football discussions with a positive attitude so we get more qualified posters around here, and don't drive out kids, who could learn to become contributors to the site, with our weapons of choice (for some it's the sniper rifle, other chose the M60).

Does that mean that the Mods say that if we get ripped on, we should bend over and ask for more shots in the tailpipe? Not at all. The same rules as normal applies around here, and if there is one thing that I have understood about PP.O, then it would be that people will end up being paid back in spades, if they keep on ignoring the rules of the site or general netiquette, all sanctioned by Webby and his staff.

I look forward to a good season. To a little friendly trash talking with posters from opposing teams. To seeing new people around these parts. To qualified and heated football discussions. And if I have to rip of some heads, I'll go for the more experienced posters first.

mr.woo
09-03-2007, 01:14 PM
except for cowboys fans. any cowboy fan thats comes here gets to be made fun of.

cogitans
09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Hang in their Singer, I'd rather be gone than you. You are far too valuable here and I remember when I tried to take over for you one week while you were on vacation I got slammed aplenty.

Don't you be going anywhere Cojo.

You're also a valuable asset to PP.O, don't kid yourself about that.

Prophet
09-03-2007, 01:42 PM
This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

cogitans
09-03-2007, 01:46 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Don't be so happy. If heads are going to roll, I'll be going after you first

Prophet
09-03-2007, 01:47 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I always welcome a good head pounding, I thrive on it, it gives me more power.

cogitans
09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I knew you would

snowinapril
09-03-2007, 01:52 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I knew you would

Where were you guys about 2 pages ago?

Humor is sometimes the best medicine.

cogitans
09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

I knew you would

Where were you guys about 2 pages ago?

Humor is sometimes the best medicine.

I were sitting in a train.

And I also put in my more serious thoughts before I got to the point of ripping off Prophets head and stuffing humor down his open neck.
;D

V-Unit
09-03-2007, 01:56 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Secondly, What you are saying is personal attacks are OK if you feel justified, are provoked & are frustrated.

You yourself said if somebody calls you a jerk (aka insults you) you are not going to let it slide. Why do you expect it to be any different for others? He felt insulted, and had the natural response for someone who feels that way. All I'm saying is don't provoke in the first place.

BadlandsVikings
09-03-2007, 03:20 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

;D

Can't do that Shock, there are some religious words in that song which would offend many on this site.

We also can't hold hands, someone might consider it sexual harrasment.

singersp
09-03-2007, 04:00 PM
"V" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"V" wrote:

You yourself said if somebody calls you a jerk (aka insults you) you are not going to let it slide. Why do you expect it to be any different for others? He felt insulted, and had the natural response for someone who feels that way. All I'm saying is don't provoke in the first place.

I said I was done here in this thread, but let me clarify that statement so it is understood by one & all.

You are correct, I would not let it slide. But I wouldn't retaliate with remarks such as "jerk" or any other personal attack such as what was done there.

You can let a person know where you stand tactfully, without resorting to name calling or other derogatory remarks/comments.

What I won't do is just let it slide, ignore it or give him a hug because he's new & doesn't understand the rules yet.

I hope that is clear enough. If not PM & I'll try to explain it better.

singersp
09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

LOL Cojo! ..........."Done here" as in this thread, not PP.O.

COJOMAY
09-03-2007, 04:06 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

LOL Cojo! ..........."Done here" as in this thread, not PP.O.

Whewwwwww!
;)

davike
09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Good post Cojo.... I agree with you though I wouldn't really consider myself a senior member or a member of the gang for that matter. I remember when I was a newb, I was like Cojo...kinda scared to put my opinions out there for fear of the older members.

Many of the newbs are like me when I first came, they don't understand football very well and it comes out in their posts. It did in mine and the "senior members" were good enough to not make me feel so embarressed that I wouldn't come back, yet through their correction I learned about the game of football. I think that we should not be afraid to correct them but we shouldn't be so hard on them that we scare them outa here. If they are decent, they will realize that they might not know as much about football as they think and they will take the correction and learn. But even the "good" newbies can be provoked....there was deff a few times when I was.

But then there are some idiots who show up and think they are all that and know everything. I think they should as Marrdro said be given a fair chance and then if they don't get their act together then we just turn loose on them and if they don't like it then they leave or else they can get their act together.

tb04512
09-03-2007, 04:43 PM
"davike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Good post Cojo.... I agree with you though I wouldn't really consider myself a senior member or a member of the gang for that matter. I remember when I was a newb, I was like Cojo...kinda scared to put my opinions out there for fear of the older members.

Many of the newbs are like me when I first came, they don't understand football very well and it comes out in their posts. It did in mine and the "senior members" were good enough to not make me feel so embarressed that I wouldn't come back, yet through their correction I learned about the game of football. I think that we should not be afraid to correct them but we shouldn't be so hard on them that we scare them outa here. If they are decent, they will realize that they might not know as much about football as they think and they will take the correction and learn. But even the "good" newbies can be provoked....there was deff a few times when I was.

But then there are some idiots who show up and think they are all that and know everything. I think they should as Marrdro said be given a fair chance and then if they don't get their act together then we just turn loose on them and if they don't like it then they leave or else they can get their act together.

i wasnt as scared to post in the beginning maybe i just dont remember how it was last year when i started, but now i see so many people coming in and posting hatred towards the vikings.
That and bad grammar can get you killed around here
:D... I dont agree with people just coming here and slamming players saying they are nothing the team sucks and blah blah blah.... most of us around here realize it takes more than one person or one season for a team to get better and grow.
Some trolls are better than some of the posters around here.
We are all hear for the same cause arnt we?? To see the vikes do well, and people tend to forget that IMO

davike
09-03-2007, 04:56 PM
I also believe people should refrain from using "one liners" to much. When I was a newb (it still does make me angry) nothing would make me more angry when someone would diss my post with a one liner and nothing else. They wouldn't give their reason for not agreeing with my post...so I didn't learn what was wrong with my thinking. I didn't understand many of the aspects of football so at the time I thought what I was posting was ok. I look back at some of my posts then and I just shake my head.

But my point is, when your correcting a newb or someone who doesn't sound like they know much about football give your reason even if it seems impossible to you that the person could even think that way in his right mind. Even if its the most basic football.

I also want to mention that I realize there are people who won't listen to logic whether you explain it to them anyways....in which case, use the one liners like crazy, we don't want those kinda people on here anyways.

i wasnt as scared to post in the beginning maybe i just dont remember how it was last year when i started, but now i see so many people coming in and posting hatred towards the vikings.
... I dont agree with people just coming here and slamming players saying they are nothing the team sucks and blah blah blah.... most of us around here realize it takes more than one person or one season for a team to get better and grow.
We are all hear for the same cause arnt we?? To see the vikes do well, and people tend to forget that IMO

Hard to argue that.

ultravikingfan
09-03-2007, 07:05 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

:D... I dont agree with people just coming here and slamming players saying they are nothing the team sucks and blah blah blah.... most of us around here realize it takes more than one person or one season for a team to get better and grow.

People should not get killed for bad grammar here.
That is a big no-no.

You can have hatred for the Vikes, it's your opinion.
The Vikes are touch and go right now and a lot of use are unsure of the direction that they are taking.
Some of us respond to things differently.
Now, to start a post just saying "Childress Sucks" and offering nothing else, then that is stupid and you should be able to formulate a thought or 2 besides that.

sleepagent
09-03-2007, 08:29 PM
"davike" wrote:

I also believe people should refrain from using "one liners" to much. When I was a newb (it still does make me angry) nothing would make me more angry when someone would diss my post with a one liner and nothing else. They wouldn't give their reason for not agreeing with my post...so I didn't learn what was wrong with my thinking. I didn't understand many of the aspects of football so at the time I thought what I was posting was ok. I look back at some of my posts then and I just shake my head.

But my point is, when your correcting a newb or someone who doesn't sound like they know much about football give your reason even if it seems impossible to you that the person could even think that way in his right mind. Even if its the most basic football.

I also want to mention that I realize there are people who won't listen to logic whether you explain it to them anyways....in which case, use the one liners like crazy, we don't want those kinda people on here anyways.

... I dont agree with people just coming here and slamming players saying they are nothing the team sucks and blah blah blah.... most of us around here realize it takes more than one person or one season for a team to get better and grow.

Hard to argue that.

I don't take anyone's argument as a genuine hatred for the team (except of course for the trolls).
It's more frustration for the team to do better, and not thinking (right or wrong) that it's being achieve correctly.
I for one, am tired of "rebuilding" and falling just short.
I've been a fan since the 1970's and every season has been some level of a disappointment due to the fact we've never won the big one.

Up until last season . . . when I took off the purple shades . . . I was part of the "This Is Gonna Be Our Year" club.

A lot of posters on this site are from "Vikings Country" and it's pretty easy to be part of the majority.
Try being a Viking's Fan in a city that has achieved success (Washington, D.C., Baltimore, NE, NY, or Philadelphia) and not being able to stick your chest out when the topic of Super Bowl wins comes up. . . and not hearing the end of things when the season is over . . . or we just got handed our ass by the opponent.
I hear comments about GB fans, so I know practically everyone can identify with this to some degree.

We all want the team to do well . . . and we all are playing Head Coach / GM to some degree with our opinions.
But this is part of the beauty of being a "Monday Morning Armchair" (or keyboard) Quarterback.

Zeus
09-04-2007, 07:34 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Your such a dumb fuck!

"you're"

=Z=

Zeus
09-04-2007, 07:45 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

;D

We also can't hold hands, someone might consider it sexual harrasment.

Not if it doesn't move.

=Z=

mr.woo
09-04-2007, 08:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

i know. i walked in on vikes_king pounding your head the other day lol ;)

RK.
09-04-2007, 09:16 PM

I'm just here for the cookies and the babe threads.
I try to stay out of the controversial threads.
Also I tend to ban people for almost any reason especially if I receive a PM asking me to do anything in particular.
That's always a good reason to ban some one.
I also just delete posts with no explanation.
Since I am a senior member I can get away with that.
I just chalk it up to senility.
:P
When you get old like me everyone is a newbie,
so watch it.
8)

vikinggreg
09-04-2007, 09:39 PM
"RK." wrote:

Also I tend to ban people for almost any reason especially if I receive a PM asking me to do anything in particular.
so watch it.

8)

http://lifeisaroad.com/images/darkside.jpg

BadlandsVikings
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
http://www.internettime.com/images/senior_moments.jpg

http://blueyoda.dirtyrubbish.com/images/zax/photos/BYS_Depends_Ad_words.jpg

Webby
09-04-2007, 09:41 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Gottcha!

Oh come on Singer, you're smarter than that and get the intent.

Basically, is the golden rule.
If people violate it they will get canned this year.
I am done putting up with whiny shit.
As senior members, you can set the tone, so set it with confidence and respect.
Everyone needs to learn the ropes and I am damned tired of seeing people gangrape a newbie because they violated a written or unwritten law when a simple reminder kindly stated would suffice.

NordicNed
09-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I hear that Webby.

To many times I've seen a newbie jumped all over for saying the wrong thing or for doing something wrong but not a big wrong.
Like posting in the wrong forum or not doing a search on a topic that may have been started already.

But at the same time, I've seen what some people reffer to around here as senior members, post some not so nice comebacks and or pick on a newer member, and their not even called out on it.

A big part of the problem is everyone has different personalitys around here, and they have their own style of posting and answering post.
Some of which could be easily taken the wrong way by someone who is new here or hasn't been around much.

I myself, have felt like jumping down some throats around here, but i know that persons personality and demenor, so I let it slide, just because of that fact.

Sometimes we have to learn how to cut some slack around here.
The real jerks or trouble makers will be figured out soon enough, because thats the way they are, and they won't last long around here.

just my 2 cents worth.....

gregair13
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
noobs deserved to get put into their place by those who have been here longer.

Prophet
09-05-2007, 08:18 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

i know. i walked in on vikes_king pounding your head the other day lol ;)

I missed that, at least I know why my head hurts today.

Prophet
09-05-2007, 08:20 AM
"RK." wrote:

so watch it.

8)

You old crotchety bastard.
If you could lick your balls life would be better.

Zeus
09-05-2007, 08:22 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

That's true for all of us.

=Z=

cogitans
09-05-2007, 08:30 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

And for some around here it would mean they'd never get out of the house.

NordicNed
09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

And for some around here it would mean they'd never get out of the house.

What Cogitans, there's plenty of people here who already never get out....LOL

snowinapril
09-05-2007, 08:45 AM
After those last few posts, the rating just went down on this thread.
LOL!

It was up to 4 stars.

Who gets out of their house?
Lucky bastards!

BadlandsVikings
09-05-2007, 08:47 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

so watch it.

8)

You're not suppose to be able to do that?

digital420
09-05-2007, 09:39 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"RK." wrote:

so watch it.
8)

You're not suppose to be able to do that?

u gotta teach me how u do that trick!!!

DiGiTaL

ultravikingfan
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

I would never leave the house.

6-KINGS
09-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I am here for the taters.
As for keeping my cool............what nobody gets whacked anymore around here?

nephilimstorm
09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Newbs should be put on a probationary period to make sure thier not trolls or just plain bad natured idiots

gregair13
09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
lets go vikings

VKG4LFE
09-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Everything sounds good to me SIA!

VikesFan4Life
09-17-2007, 06:30 PM
LOL! I must have been snuck in here by Webby sometime...I'm nowhere near a HoF'er...but I've been here a hell of a long time, I'm very honored to be included here.

vikinggreg
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

LOL! I must have been snuck in here by Webby sometime...I'm nowhere near a HoF'er...but I've been here a hell of a long time, I'm very honored to be included here.

were you ever a beta tester for the new site, that gave you access

VikesFan4Life
09-17-2007, 07:19 PM
No, but I have been recently been put in charge of keeping track of the "Team Stats" section.
Maybe that has something to do with it.

singersp
09-17-2007, 07:34 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I think one of the latest HOFer's just left the door open again.

Dammit! Will they ever learn?

ultravikingfan
09-17-2007, 07:35 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

Great, more rif raf!
;D

davike
09-17-2007, 07:40 PM
How about now?! Can we let loose on a few idiots now?! I am pissed about all these garbage posts about benching Jackson and stuff and yet I feel like I can't do much about it. Knowing myself I couldn't control myself. I am really sick of all these posts that are going around.

I am done with PP.O for a while. Just reading some of these posts makes me sick to my stomach. I will be back when all the stupidity stops going around and all the haters retreat back to their caves.

BadlandsVikings
09-17-2007, 07:59 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

No, but I have been recently been put in charge of keeping track of the "Team Stats" section.
Maybe that has something to do with it.

You have a donation sticker, so I think you bought your way in

ultravikingfan
09-17-2007, 08:02 PM
"davike" wrote:

How about now?! Can we let loose on a few idiots now?! I am pissed about all these garbage posts about benching Jackson and stuff and yet I feel like I can't do much about it. Knowing myself I couldn't control myself. I am really sick of all these posts that are going around.

I am done with PP.O for a while. Just reading some of these posts makes me sick to my stomach. I will be back when all the stupidity stops going around and all the haters retreat back to their caves.

Let it rip!

davike
09-17-2007, 08:04 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

Let it rip!

To damn many...can I have ban authority for 5 minutes?

singersp
09-17-2007, 08:14 PM
"davike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

Let it rip!

To damn many...can I have ban authority for 5 minutes?

5 minutes isn't a lot of time. Do you have a particular pecking order?

davike
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

Let it rip!

To gol 'darnit many...can I have ban authority for 5 minutes?

5 minutes isn't a lot of time. Do you have a particular pecking order?

Not really, but I do have one newb in mind right now.
Anyways, I am out.

countrygirl
09-17-2007, 08:46 PM
"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I was wondering the same thing ???

Ltrey33
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I think Webby takes into account contribution as well as post count. It's easy to rack up 1250 posts, but you guys post quality over quantity and are a good part of the community.

Either that, or he made a mistake.

singersp
09-17-2007, 08:51 PM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

You're always an exception to the rule CG.

ultravikingfan
09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

I think Webby takes into account contribution as well as post count. It's easy to rack up 1250 posts, but you guys post quality over quantity and are a good part of the community.

Either that, or he made a mistake.

You donate you get priviledges.

Marrdro
09-18-2007, 07:58 AM
"davike" wrote:

Stick around my friend.

They are only on here to stir the pot and create hate and discontent.
If the good posters start leaving the site then they win.

Again, stick around and fight the good fight my friend.
;D

PurpleTide
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Darn youngin's have no patience.... This is a up and coming team, and I'm still very excited about watching this team come together. I read through some long threads full of venom, and being a fan since the 69/70 season, have seen some good and bad Viking teams, and have certainly experienced some losses that were painful. This was a division game early in the season and we will rebound nicely. Stay true to my team. I really believe we are going to be special by the end of the season.

snowinapril
09-18-2007, 08:45 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Senior Members,

I have a few thoughts to put out there as we head into this new season, 2007.
I think that it is important to remember that things are going to heat up around here as the season starts and the Ws and Ls start to add up.
There will be heated conversations and many differing opinions flying around.
As senior members, let's remember to keep our cool and level heads wherever possible in the heat of the battle.

This is what I meant, the L finally dropped and we got a ton of negativity in the posts (and a ton of worthless reading).
Which is normal.
We also got the newbs that start coming in here looking for reassurance that the sky is not going to fall.
They post crap and they want to hear that everything is going to be fine.
It goes the other way too. If we would ahve won, it would have been the same tripe, just a different tone, boasting posting.

The other thing is that as Senior "wise" Members (opposite of units), let's show everyone the respect they deserve.
Let us try to be more articulate and explain ourselves instead of using sarcasm and one liners to belittle other members.

OK, the key word, is deserve.
If a post (not the poster) doesn't deserve respect, rip it a good one.
I want to rescind my comment on sarcasm. LOL!
Just remember to use a minimum of 2 lines of it. JK!
Being articulate is always good, when possible that is.

Oh, the classic line used against the NFL TURD watch list also applies here.
"It is a privilege to play in the NFL so the 'turd' better start realizing it."
It is also a privilege to post here at PPO, so we need to start realizing it.

"They" need to realize it too. Not trying to cause an "Us against Them" mentality.
Most people that come here should be assumed to be Us or at least with Us until they prove themselves otherwise.

We don't need to be teaching Sunday school, we just need to set good examples for others to follow.
It is alright to waiver, it is how we handle the situation that counts.

This was and is still the most important part.
It is alright to make a mistake as long as your intentions are good.

In short, the whole point of the original paragraph was just a heads up to game plan before the real game started. Well, GAME ON!
Now it is time to pull out your Michael Jordan game face and play ball.
Stop being so timid over this thread and just play the game, just do your best to win (the good fight) without tainting your accomplishments (Belichick).

davike, my suggestion is that if what you are reading upsets you, read less.
Don't leave!
It happens to all of us.
The newbs have to crawl before they can walk and they need to walk before they can run.
They are going to fall down a lot (sometimes bringing us down with them) and we pick them up when we can.
It can get tiresome.

marcosMN
09-18-2007, 08:58 AM
"davike" wrote:

DUDE!

Stick around, man... We need as many non-trolls here as possible, or we will be overrun for sure.

The losses hurt, and the stupidity doesn't help, but just wait till we win again. Things will get better.

Zeus
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

Probably it's the Diamond Supporter button.

'Course, for you, CG, it's probably just because yer cool.

=Z=

Zeus
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

Stick around my friend.

They are only on here to stir the pot and create hate and discontent.
If the good posters start leaving the site then they win.

Damn those terrorists!

=Z=

ultravikingfan
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

=Z=

We answered that

COJOMAY
09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
davike:
There is always the "ignore" button!
I was so PO'ed (NOT PP.O'ed) Sunday evening I know I blasted out some things I shouldn't have said either. I think we all do that (with the exception of "Snow In April") on occasion.
But then there pops up a thread like "Positives" and things get put in perspective and all the "haters" crawl back in their holes until another loss.
It's just a fact of life. Be glad my friend that this site has so many level-headed posters and so few "rubes." Try looking at the KFAN Rube site and you will thanks your stars you are among good people here on PP.O.

Marrdro
09-18-2007, 04:20 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"countrygirl" wrote:

"VikesFan4Life" wrote:

=Z=

Plus the fact that she drinks the Beast.
What more could you ask for in a woman?
;D

davike
09-20-2007, 10:30 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

DUDE!

Stick around, man... We need as many non-trolls here as possible, or we will be overrun for sure.

The losses hurt, and the stupidity doesn't help, but just wait till we win again. Things will get better.

The trolls weren't a big part why I haven't really been around for a little while and why I needed a PP.O break. There is some family stuff goin on that needs to be settled before I can get on here posting full time again.

marcosMN
09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
"davike" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

DUDE!

The trolls weren't a big part why I haven't really been around for a little while and why I needed a PP.O break. There is some family stuff goin on that needs to be settled before I can get on here posting full time again.

Well I hope everything turns out ok.

marstc09
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Well I read this thread and wanted to thank you for addressing this issue.
I also wanted to publicly apoligize for calling Maddro a jerk. I apoligized to him but I do not know if all of you knew that.

I also wanted you guys to read these posts by LuckyVike. I am suprised that he did not get more attention than my jerk post. This guy is saying worse insults and if I read right this guy has been a problem before. Just a thought.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37874.120
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37874.170
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37874.180
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37874.210

singersp
10-11-2007, 07:53 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

I also wanted to publicly apoligize for calling Maddro a jerk. I apoligized to him but I do not know if all of you knew that.

I also wanted you guys to read these posts by LuckyVike. I am suprised that he did not get more attention than my jerk post. This guy is saying worse insults and if I read right this guy has been a problem before. Just a thought.

So am I.

ultravikingfan
10-11-2007, 08:06 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

It's being dealt with.

davike
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Sometime LV can be a bit headstrong and voice his opinions a little bit strong for sure. He has very strong beliefs. But in his defense, some of the people he was arguing/bashing he has had some problems with before. I was there, and it wasn't LV who started it. Some of the people who he was arguing with have had problems here before to.

I can back up that purplegator can be a real loser about things, I have been in it with him before, as has Sno and some others. He can talk some real crap and even if it might not be right, when I read his posts I will probably always remember some of the insults and crap he has thrown at me so I will always be a bit skeptical with him. Everyone has some people like that. You look at them and read their posts through your dislike of them. I have ripped people that I didn't really like for stuff I wouldn't have even bothered posting if it was anyone else. There are a few others. If you want to ban someone, why don't you ban someone like CCthebest, he pulls crap out of his butt all the time, at least LV doesn't do that. LV can talk some good football, and if your decent with him he is usually decent to you.

Also LV has been here for quite a while. While you haven't been here that long (don't get me wrong, I am not dissing you, I think you seem to be a good guy). The members who have been here for a while will catch a few breaks and won't get nailed for something a newer guy will, its just the way it goes.

LV wasn't the only one posting mad in that thread.
There was a few people who were posting stuff they shouldn't have. I am not saying that I think that LV wasn't wrong at all for posting some of the stuff he did, I think he should have toned it down for sure.

I also couldn't help but comment about your post about his age. That is ridiculous. I don't like it at all when people diss people because of there age on here. LV is 19, he knows his pooh pretty good. One of the reasons I don't have my age on here is because of the people that judge other peoples posts by their age. That is only credible to an extent.

Marstc, I am not posting this to diss you or disrespect you, you seem to know your stuff pretty well, but I wanted to defend LV because I think he is a good guy with good intentions. Some people just don't see it because he believes strongly and will fight for his beliefs and what he cares about.

I also wanted to say that I really respect that you would apoligize to Marrdro for that, your doing pretty well here obviously.

Marrdro
10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
"davike" wrote:

Marstc, I am not posting this to diss you or disrespect you, you seem to know your stuff pretty well, but I wanted to defend LV because I think he is a good guy with good intentions. Some people just don't see it because he believes strongly and will fight for his beliefs and what he cares about.

I also wanted to say that I really respect that you would apoligize to Marrdro for that, your doing pretty well here obviously.

DaVike, I like you alot but you better not be going after my buddy "The Other Other Mar" on here.

;D

Kidding my friend.
Nice post.

;D

By the way, I apologized first as I was in the wrong and not Mar, he did nothing wrong.

Mr Anderson
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
haha KY ;D

LuckyVike
10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

Wow, LOL!
I'm not going to bring any bad blood into this thread because it has been made to better PP.O but talk about funny.
As tempted as I am to defend myself, I won't.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2004-02-ukuug/crybaby.png

shockzilla
10-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Nice picture, LuckyVike! LOL

LuckyVike
10-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Well, I'm not looking to get anything started, but I'm sure about every REAL senior member on these boards wouldn't appreciate a newer member trying to get them banned.

BTW, by real I mean members that have been here for the length of time I have... over 2 years.

singersp
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

Well, I'm not looking to get anything started, but I'm sure about every REAL senior member on these boards wouldn't appreciate a newer member trying to get them banned.

BTW, by real I mean members that have been here for the length of time I have... over 2 years.

It amazing me still.

You've walked on some mighty thin ice here at times during those two years & have even broken thru on occassion.

LuckyVike
10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

You've walked on some mighty thin ice here at times during those two years & have even broken thru on occassion.

Yea I know, my temper can get the best of me sometimes but webby has been very patient with me and I still thank him for that.
I have a lot of friends on this site and only a handful of enemies.
Those friends make it worth it to be here though.

Marrdro
10-13-2007, 06:03 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

Yea I know, my temper can get the best of me sometimes but webby has been very patient with me and I still thank him for that.

I like ya if only because of your Signature.
;D
You need to see if you can get the lepracon animated.

singersp
10-13-2007, 08:17 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

???I never realized you liked short mens asses

(Note to self: Do not go visit Marrdro. I repeat, do not go visit Marrdro)

davike
10-13-2007, 11:21 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

???I never realized you liked short mens dimply buttocks

Are you worried he is going to stare at or grab your dimply buttocks Singer?

singersp
10-13-2007, 11:31 AM
"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

You never know what Madrro might do.

:o BTW, how did you know my buttocks were dimpled?

davike
10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

Thats just the word on the street
;)

PurpleTide
10-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I'll take "Hodge Podge for Fifty".......

Mr Anderson
10-13-2007, 11:44 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

He could see it through your spandex.
http://www.isk.kth.se/~tryggve/SRF2006/TheSpandexCrew.jpg

BadlandsVikings
10-13-2007, 06:31 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

???I never realized you liked short mens asses

LMAO!!!
I bet you can outrun him.

Zeus
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

LMAO!!!
I bet you can outrun him.

No one can outrun Purple Jesus.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/A_Peterson_071014_inside.jpg

=Z=

Marrdro
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

I almost deleted this thread without re-reading it.

I would have missed gettting cracked up (no pun intended)
;D

singersp
10-15-2007, 08:23 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

;D

Deleted it? Do you have Mod powers?
???

marstc09
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

My intent is not to get you banned. Why would I want that? You have been here 2 years. I think I have been registered longer than that. I just started posting recently. Basically you are saying the same thing as I did when I insulted your age, which I apoligize for. REAL members to me are ones that make intelligent posts not how long they have been here.

Webby
10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Luckyvike is really good at pro-active apologizing.

Needless to say, we tend to last resort banning anyone who has been a good contributor and general decent guy over time.
Trolls get it immediately, but to say Lucky is spice to the board is being generous and he knows it.

If people have complaints, please please report a post, or PM me.
We can't catch everything, and not to say Lucky is the issue, but just in general.
Help me and the mods with feedback.
We want everyone to stay around the best we can as it takes all types to make a community.

Just in the same, sometimes, you ave to say "Buh bye".

Marrdro
10-16-2007, 09:21 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

It amazing me still.

;D

;D

Deleted it? Do you have Mod powers?
???

No.
I meant in my unread column.

marstc09
10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Wow, LOL!
I'm not going to bring any bad blood into this thread because it has been made to better PP.O but talk about funny.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~fanf2/hermes/doc/talks/2004-02-ukuug/crybaby.png

? just had to add an insult.

SKOL
10-16-2007, 11:21 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

Wow, LOL!

? just had to add an insult.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with Lucky Vikes response.
It was humorous and should not be misconstrued as an attack on anyone.
Look for the good in people and you'll find lots of reasons to like them.

LuckyVike
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Ya know, last night I told him to leave me alone and we wouldn't have any problems... I was done having these arguements with him. Hell, I had put him on ignore last night so the boards would no longer be flooded with our troubles. I logged on today and found this jewel in my PM box...

Marstc09:
So you want to call me a loud mouth pussy. I am sick of you talking shit. I will be at the game October 28th against the Eagles. Lets see who the real loud mouthed pussy is. I have seen your picture post. I would love to knock the shit out of you. I offered you a truce, you did not take it. Now lets see how tough you really are. Meet me there if you think you are so bad ass! I will be waiting.

That's impressive coming from the golden boy.

Of course, you can add this to last night when he said he wished I would kill myself.

Prophet
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Ya know, last night I told him leave me would alone and we wouldn't have any problems... I was done having these arguements with him. Hell, I have put him on ignore last night so the boards would no longer be flooded with our troubles. I logged on today and found this jewel in my PM box...

Marstc09:
So you want to call me a loud mouth pussy. I am sick of you talking shit. I will be at the game October 28th against the Eagles. Lets see who the real loud mouthed pussy is. I have seen your picture post. I would love to knock the shit out of you. I offered you a truce, you did not take it. Now lets see how tough you really are. Meet me there if you think you are so bad ass! I will be waiting.

lmao, please put the battle on youtube for our viewing pleasure.

BadlandsVikings
10-17-2007, 05:55 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Ya know, last night I told him leave me would alone and we wouldn't have any problems... I was done having these arguements with him. Hell, I have put him on ignore last night so the boards would no longer be flooded with our troubles. I logged on today and found this jewel in my PM box...

Marstc09:

Of course, you can add this to last night when he said he wished I would kill myself.

I think you two should play dodgebottle

singersp
10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Perhaps it will go down something like this.........

vRHR5TkpyG8

jargomcfargo
10-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Now I guess I will have to make it to another game and tailgate session. Nothing like having a good excuse to go.

singersp
10-17-2007, 08:46 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

Now I guess I will have to make it to another game and tailgate session. Nothing like having a good excuse to go.

Need a ticket or two?
;)

Prophet
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Perhaps it will go down something like this.........

vRHR5TkpyG8

I hope it's a better battle than that.
I agree with blv, maybe a game of dodgebottle is the ticket.

marstc09
10-19-2007, 09:25 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Ya know, last night I told him to leave me alone and we wouldn't have any problems... I was done having these arguements with him. Hell, I had put him on ignore last night so the boards would no longer be flooded with our troubles. I logged on today and found this jewel in my PM box...

Marstc09:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/marstc09/cry.jpg

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/Themes/default/images/warnpmod.gif
Until you cool down.

LuckyVike
10-19-2007, 12:01 PM
OK, I have put this guy on ignore and he is still harassing me through PM's.
Can somebody please end this?

marstc09:
Just what I thought. You are nothing but a BITCH!

BTW, the bolded words is the latest PM he sent me.

ultravikingfan
10-19-2007, 12:03 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

OK, I have put this guy on ignore and he is still harassing me through PM's.
Can somebody please end this?

marstc09:
Just what I thought. You are nothing but a BITCH!

Please forward me all the PM's you have been receiving from marstc09.

nephilimstorm
10-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Guy must be real desperate to get his arse kicked.

davike
10-19-2007, 12:56 PM
"Nephilim" wrote:

Guy must be real desperate to get his arse kicked.

I am losing a lot of the respect I had for him really fast.

Ltrey33
10-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Can someone tell me why it's necessary to act like that?

Prophet
10-19-2007, 01:18 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

Can someone tell me why it's necessary to act like that?

Because everyone is an idiot.

marstc09
10-19-2007, 01:39 PM
He was the one that wanted to fight me. I just told him when and where. This guy is nothing but a joke. I am sick of him being a bully to people. Nobody seems to do anything about it so I took matters into my own hands. I am not going to sit here and let this guy talk crap about me.

V-Unit
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

He was the one that wanted to fight me. I just told him when and where. This guy is nothing but a joke. I am sick of him being a bully to people. Nobody seems to do anything about it so I took matters into my own hands. I am not going to sit here and let this guy talk crap about me.

You call that taking matters into your own hands? You honestly think that if you call the guy a bitch, he along with everyone else is going to respect you? You actually believe that challenging him to a fight is going to make him apologize?

Gimme a break. This thread was supposed to be about how to deal with people like you. You have singlehandedly proven that some posters are just going to be assholes, no matter how nice you try to be to them. I don't care what he said, acting like an asshole is going to get you kicked off the board, and frankly, you deserve it.

marstc09
10-19-2007, 01:52 PM
"V" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

You call that taking matters into your own hands? You honestly think that if you call the guy a bitch, he along with everyone else is going to respect you? You actually believe that challenging him to a fight is going to make him apologize?

Gimme a break. This thread was supposed to be about how to deal with people like you. You have singlehandedly proven that some posters are just going to be assholes, no matter how nice you try to be to them. I don't care what he said, acting like an asshole is going to get you kicked off the board, and frankly, you deserve it.

Did you not read my post?
::) HE WANTED TO FIGHT ME! I do not need anybodys respect.
This guy obviously has no respect for people. This guy never wanted to be nice to me and I wanted to end it with him. HE DID NOT! What do you not understand?

ultravikingfan
10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
It's done...no more.

Webby
10-19-2007, 02:31 PM
"marstc09" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"marstc09" wrote:

You call that taking matters into your own hands? You honestly think that if you call the guy a beeyatch, he along with everyone else is going to respect you? You actually believe that challenging him to a fight is going to make him apologize?

Gimme a break. This thread was supposed to be about how to deal with people like you. You have singlehandedly proven that some posters are just going to be donkey butts, no matter how nice you try to be to them. I don't care what he said, acting like an donkey butt is going to get you kicked off the board, and frankly, you deserve it.

Did you not read my post?
::) HE WANTED TO FIGHT ME! I do not need anybodys respect.
This guy obviously has no respect for people. This guy never wanted to be nice to me and I wanted to end it with him. HE DID NOT! What do you not understand?

What I understand is you have not calmed down when given the chance and been requested to can the attitude.

You get two choices, and I can exercise one of the choices for you if you like.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE and if I cannot let people come to their own conclusion and follow the golden rule here, you will be banned.