PDA

View Full Version : Why Tahi on our roster? 9 offensive lineman? Tank Williams over Greg Blue?



KevinK
09-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK

singersp
09-01-2007, 09:56 PM
"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK



Fason should have definitely been cut. He had a nice run Thursday, but has shown time & time again he can't punch a yard when he needed to.

singersp
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.

The thing about those two is they became instant fan favorites of many, based on one play.

Blues hard hit in a game last year & Dovonte for picking off Favre & taking it to the house in 2005.

Just like Jason Carter. He gained popularity when he took a pass to the house in a preseason game.

What have those players contributed other than those plays?

That's what you need to ask yourself.
;)

Carter, I don't believe hasn't had a fair chance to show himself off yet.

DaVizzles
09-01-2007, 10:01 PM
"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK


Go to the actual chat room not that side thing.

skum
09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Im 100% that Edwards or Blue will not accept Practice Squad positions and will be picked up on other teams, maybe even in the NFL North..

Edwards agent is pretty pissed at the Vikings because both he and Dovonte knew that he is a better player than both Mike Hawkins and Ronyell Whittaker

cajunvike
09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK


You MAY be!
:P ;)

marstc09
09-01-2007, 11:03 PM
"singersp" wrote:


I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.

The thing about those two is they became instant fan favorites of many, based on one play.

Blues hard hit in a game last year & Dovonte for picking off Favre & taking it to the house in 2005.

Just like Jason Carter. He gained popularity when he took a pass to the house in a preseason game.

What have those players contributed other than those plays?

That's what you need to ask yourself.
;)

Carter, I don't believe hasn't had a fair chance to show himself off yet.


I see your point but Ronyell Whitaker and Mike Hawkins even Tank Williams over Greg Blue and Dovonte Edwards. Come on I did not even see Mike Hawkins make a play the whole preseason.We definitly do not need Tahi. I even question Dugan and Kleinsasser. By the way it is only 8 OL.

singersp
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.

The thing about those two is they became instant fan favorites of many, based on one play.

Blues hard hit in a game last year & Dovonte for picking off Favre & taking it to the house in 2005.

Just like Jason Carter. He gained popularity when he took a pass to the house in a preseason game.

What have those players contributed other than those plays?

That's what you need to ask yourself.
;)

Carter, I don't believe hasn't had a fair chance to show himself off yet.


I see your point but Ronyell Whitaker and Mike Hawkins even Tank Williams over Greg Blue and Dovonte Edwards. Come on I did not even see Mike Hawkins make a play the whole preseason.We definitly do not need Tahi. I even question Dugan and Kleinsasser. By the way it is only 8 OL.



Whitaker surprises the shit out of me also.

Capital_J
09-01-2007, 11:53 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.

The thing about those two is they became instant fan favorites of many, based on one play.

Blues hard hit in a game last year & Dovonte for picking off Favre & taking it to the house in 2005.

Just like Jason Carter. He gained popularity when he took a pass to the house in a preseason game.

What have those players contributed other than those plays?

That's what you need to ask yourself.
;)

Carter, I don't believe hasn't had a fair chance to show himself off yet.


I see your point but Ronyell Whitaker and Mike Hawkins even Tank Williams over Greg Blue and Dovonte Edwards. Come on I did not even see Mike Hawkins make a play the whole preseason.We definitly do not need Tahi. I even question Dugan and Kleinsasser. By the way it is only 8 OL.

Mike hawkins was cut last week

thevikingfan
09-02-2007, 12:27 AM
"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK


Chester,Peterson,Moore thats 3 running backs.Do you expect the vikings to keep 5 running backs?Blue wont hurt us because we have 4 starting caliber safeties and he is basically a rookie with 1 start.Live chat is for use during games and wont be available unless a game is on.Use the yell box to the right of your screen.

Make smarter posts plz

V-Unit
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
"thevikingfan" wrote:


"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK


Chester,Peterson,Moore thats 3 running backs.Do you expect the vikings to keep 5 running backs?Blue wont hurt us because we have 4 starting caliber safeties and he is basically a rookie with 1 start.Live chat is for use during games and wont be available unless a game is on.Use the yell box to the right of your screen.

Make smarter posts plz


3 RBs is ridiculous. Unless Moore has been subjected to solely a backup role (no carries in a game and only doing PR) I just don't think it will work. Obviously not 5 but a fourth is needed when you consider Taylor wore down and Peterson is coming off injury.

I would guess the plan is to split carries with Moore being the backup, not the third down back. Peterson will take over on 3rd downs. In case of injury, the other back will become the feature back with Moore still backing up, seeing some spell time. It would be easier if we just kept Pinner. If we put someone on IR and sign an RB, I doubt they would be as good as Pinner.

In the end I think more moves are coming. Get ready for the Chili Shuffle.

DaVizzles
09-02-2007, 12:51 AM
We should get Jerheme Urban who was just cut. he returned a kick 95 yrds against for Dallas.

HornedHat
09-02-2007, 12:53 AM
There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.

happy camper
09-02-2007, 12:57 AM
I would agree that there must be another RB coming in. Remember the year where we had Bennett/Ontarrio Smith/Mewelde Moore/Moe Williams and there was speculation we would trade one because we had so much depth? As I remember, at one point, all of them were out for a period of time except Moore.

If we're going with only 3, that would mean they are very confident in Peterson's health and Moore's ability as a backup.

FuadFan
09-02-2007, 02:45 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:


There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.


Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.

vegasvike
09-02-2007, 03:35 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:


"HornedHat" wrote:


There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.


Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.


But Whitaker is HORRIBLE!!!! We should have kept Edwards! Yeah yeah yeah Edwards only had that one BIG play but that is one more than Whitaker, I know who I'm keeping on my Madden roster! :D True story here. One time, after band camp, I saw this homless guy with a "Will Work 4 FOOD" sign. So I thought to myself, let's just see how true that is, so I picked him up and we went to Whitaker's house and I told Whitaker "See if you can defend him." It didn't matter if it was a short pass, mid range pass, or a bomb, Whitaker just couldnt keep up.....not once! So after he was done showing Whitaker up I gave the hobo a ham sandwich and a can of lobster juice and sent him on his way. Thinking back on it I should have given Claurette a sandwich for later in that day as well. ;D

purplepat
09-02-2007, 06:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:


I think maybe Blue & Edwards could possibly make the practice squad.



I could be wrong, but I don't believe that Blue or Edwards are eligible for the practice squad (not the Vikings practice squad anyways).
They both spent too much time on the 53 man roster in the past to qualify for the practice squad.

Now for my two cents worth.

Like most, I am surprised that Whitaker was kept over Edwards.
All I can say is that the coaches saw a lot more practice and game film this preseason than I did, and I'll have to trust their judgement.
I assume though that Whitaker is the 5th CB, so other than special teams I wouldn't expect Whitaker to get many snaps in over McCauley or Gordon.

Losing Pinner and Fason is no great shakes to me, although Pinner was at least pretty experienced.
I think it shows that the coaching staff really believes Tahi can get the job done and it also shows a definite shift to an offense that relies on a lead blocking FB to help open the way for the RB (Taylor or Peterson).
Tahi has excellent size and versatility; playing for BYU he excelled both at being the lead ballcarrier and catching the ball out of the backfield.
I liked what I saw from him in the preseason.
Assuming he is/can be a good lead blocker and blitz pickup guy, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised by Tahi.
Unless someone goes down to a season ending injury, did anyone really expect that a 4th RB like Pinner or Fason would get any/many carries on this team?
After Taylor and Peterson do their thing, and Moore gets a few third down scraps, there won't be many more carries to be doled out.

I think the coaching staff is a little concerned about Erasmus James conditioning right now.
Why else would they have kept 6 DEs (if you count Scott) on the roster?
Then again, they could also just be preparing for Scott and/or Pat Williams departure after the end of this season.
It could also be that once the season begins and James gets up to speed, Mitchell will get cut and wind back up on the practice squad.

I was kind of surprised they kept 9 OL, especially with the extras being Daniels and Johnson.
I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both of these guys cut and signed to the practice squad, only to be replaced by a waiver wire veteran with more experience.
Kenyatta Walker or Rick DeMulling anyone?

I was perhaps most surprised to see them only going with 5 WRs given the two rookies on the squad.
At least they will probably keep Martin Nance around on the practice squad, and maybe another name or two as well.
Losing McMullen doesn't hurt too much, but he seemed fairly reliable to me.

Marrdro
09-02-2007, 06:22 AM
"FuadFan" wrote:


"HornedHat" wrote:


There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.


Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.

Great point.
Wonder how everyone before you missed that Fuad.
;D

Throw in the fact (I know I keep saying it) that this version of the WCO will put a beating on the FB especially if we are gonna run as much as everyone thinks were gonna as well as Tahi is capable of filling in as a FB/RB.

Most of the scouting reports on him when he was coming out listed him as a RB who was a hard runner, played faster than he timed as well a being able to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Read between the lines of Chilly speak when trying to discern moves like this.
Versatility my friends, versatility.
This coaching staff loves it when a guy can play/add depth at two positions.

http://cowboys.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=650327

MaxVike
09-02-2007, 07:37 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"FuadFan" wrote:


"HornedHat" wrote:


There must be another RB in mind. Perhaps Whitaker gets cut whenever a new RB is picked up.


Or it could be that Naufahu Tahi is just the fourth string guy and why would we mess up our CB depth when Tahi just beat Fason and Pinner on his own talents.

Great point.
Wonder how everyone before you missed that Fuad.

;D

Throw in the fact (I know I keep saying it) that this version of the WCO will put a beating on the FB especially if we are gonna run as much as everyone thinks were gonna as well as Tahi is capable of filling in as a FB/RB.

Most of the scouting reports on him when he was coming out listed him as a RB who was a hard runner, played faster than he timed as well a being able to catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Read between the lines of Chilly speak when trying to discern moves like this.
Versatility my friends, versatility.
This coaching staff loves it when a guy can play/add depth at two positions.

http://cowboys.scout.com/a.z?s=112&p=2&c=650327


I agree Marrdro.
Wrote it in a post a couple of weeks ago.
I think Tahi is a 10 times better all around fullback than Dugan.
Actually, I think Dugan is eventually the odd man out.
That said, I am suprised Pinner got cut.


Tank over Blue?
Actually, I think Blue nailed it in his post being cut comments...he knew it was gonna be tough for him given the all of the guys in front of him have starting experience.
Always liked the kid, hopefully we put him on the practice squad.

singersp
09-02-2007, 09:39 AM
"thevikingfan" wrote:


"KevinK" wrote:


Im really surprised that we let go of Fason and Pinner.
I mean I may be ignorant but I dont even know who Tahi is!
Rookie lineman on team who are undrafted?
I think the Greg Blue cut will hurt us.
Tahi can play two positions but better than Fasson or Pinner?
I find some of the choices odd.
Please educate me because I feel stupid.
Are these moves viable?
Oh one more thing...... having the live chat down is hurting me right now.
Please fix this problem ASAP because I need communication with the true Vikes fans! KevinK


Chester,Peterson,Moore thats 3 running backs.Do you expect the vikings to keep 5 running backs?Blue wont hurt us because we have 4 starting caliber safeties and he is basically a rookie with 1 start.

Live chat is for use during games and wont be available unless a game is on.Use the yell box to the right of your screen.

Make smarter posts plz


And you would be incorrect!

There is a "CHAT" button on the menu above the threads between "PHOTOS" & "TAGS" that can be used. I was in it yesterday & again this morning.

OchoCinco
09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................

douginc
09-02-2007, 10:05 AM
When I watched the pre-season this year, Tahi was the number one guy who was 'on the bubble' who I thought we should keep.
The few plays he was in, he looked terrific.
He was extremely quick for a big guy, and showed soft hands when the ball was thrown his way.
I honestly think he will surprise a lot of people this year.

Now, Whitaker?
I would rather have Forest Whitaker as our last CB on the roster.
True story.
At least he could act like he knew what he was doing on the field.

douginc
09-02-2007, 10:10 AM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................




I've always understood that, and I honestly trust (for the most part) Childress' player evaluation skills (he was dead on with Chester and Bobby Wade).
It's just that sometimes coaches can get overwhelmed with what they see on the practice field, and be almost oblivious to the fact that the player cannot get it done on the field when it actually becomes gametime.

I remember Tice had that problem a bit with Aaron Elling.
We remember how awesome he was.......
During practices, I guess he would just make amazing strings of consecutive field goals from varying lengths.
But, seems he never ever brought that to the games.
I'm not even saying that's happening here.
But, I am still of the opinion that players should be graded ONLY on what matters - game time.

It'd be like a teacher grading you on your scratch sheet of math problems, rather than the test.

NordicNed
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................







Ocho,






I agree with your post 100 %,
we only get to see, hear , and read about only a small fraction of what is really going on behind the scenes. This is where our trust and belief in the Coaches has to kick in and realize they know so much more than we do and that they are the professionals, not us.
I trust that their decision making on who stays and who goes is all done with the best intrest of the teams future perfformance, being the bottom line.

singersp
09-02-2007, 10:37 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:


"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................








Ocho,







I agree with your post 100 %,
we only get to see, hear , and read about only a small fraction of what is really going on behind the scenes. This is where our trust and belief in the Coaches has to kick in and realize they know so much more than we do and that they are the professionals, not us.

I trust that their decision making on who stays and who goes is all done with the best intrest of the teams future perfformance, being the bottom line.









NFL rules for deciding the 53 man roster


1. The coaches, not the fans, make the final decisions.

2. Never forget rule #1

MaxVike
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"NordicNed" wrote:


"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................








Ocho,







I agree with your post 100 %,
we only get to see, hear , and read about only a small fraction of what is really going on behind the scenes. This is where our trust and belief in the Coaches has to kick in and realize they know so much more than we do and that they are the professionals, not us.

I trust that their decision making on who stays and who goes is all done with the best intrest of the teams future perfformance, being the bottom line.









NFL rules for deciding the 53 man roster


1. The coaches, not the fans, make the final decisions.

2. Never forget rule #1


Thanks for LOGIC gentlemen!!!!!!!

I subscribe to another rule...not sure what number it is.

Brats and Beer Rule
;D ;D ;D

mountainviking
09-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Tahi looked pretty good, but I'm really kind of afraid that we'll wish we had Blue back!
Two backups who are currently injured and missed most of last season???
I was hoping Nance would make it too.
I'm not sure why we kept all those young OLinemen, I guess they're seeing something there.
Whether its something they like or not is another question.

I'm not sure how much signing an olineman at this point is going to help.
We'd be starting the learning curve all over.
Or is there someone out there smart enough to be an immediate improvement?

lol

marstc09
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Well in my opinion this is what should happen.
Cut Jeff Dugan or Jim Kleinsasser and keep Dovonte Edwards.
Cut Jayme Mitchell and keep Greg Blue.

norseforce
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
"marstc09" wrote:


Well in my opinion this is what should happen.
Cut Jeff Dugan or Jim Kleinsasser and keep Dovonte Edwards.
Cut Jayme Mitchell and keep Greg Blue.

what kind of statement is that, cut j.KLEINSASSER. the guy is a big part of why we can run so well on the edges,
greg blue is as good as he ever will be he's a decent safty who can hit @ time's. I think our roster looks great very balanced youth/vets.

marstc09
09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
"norseforce" wrote:


"marstc09" wrote:


Well in my opinion this is what should happen.
Cut Jeff Dugan or Jim Kleinsasser and keep Dovonte Edwards.
Cut Jayme Mitchell and keep Greg Blue.

what kind of statement is that, cut j.KLEINSASSER. the guy is a big part of why we can run so well on the edges,
greg blue is as good as he ever will be he's a decent safty who can hit @ time's. I think our roster looks great very balanced youth/vets.



Your right so cut Dugan!

norseforce
09-02-2007, 12:24 PM
thats a good call we dont really need dugan, SIDNEY RICE IS A STUD! he could have a big year

olson_10
09-02-2007, 12:45 PM
fason needed to go..he was god awful as a short yardage back..we need somebody that can be more like moe williams in those situations

as for dovonte edwards, he made one play a couple years ago, and thats it..and right after that play he got burnt for a long touchdown (gb game)..hes just coming off a serious injury so im sure the coaching staff saw his speed deteriorate

marstc09
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
"norseforce" wrote:


thats a good call we dont really need dugan, SIDNEY RICE IS A STUD! he could have a big year


I think so too!

Marrdro
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................




Excellent post my friend.
Were ya been lately?
;D

OchoCinco
09-02-2007, 06:18 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................




Excellent post my friend.
Were ya been lately?

;D



http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37333.0

Son started football...try to attend every practice and game... pop in here every now and then for the occasional humor injection...fishin' again eh Marr... ;)

Marrdro
09-02-2007, 06:23 PM
"OchoCinco" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"OchoCinco" wrote:


Roster spots decided on the practice field

One thing to keep in mind when being surprised by roster cuts is the fact that what WE see in preseason games is merely a fraction of what the coaches and personnel people see.
Every drill and scrimmage and practice are taped and reviewed each day by the coaches and personnel people.
They get so much repetition of looking at these guys that they know exactly what they can and cannot do.

How they perform in preseason games is always just a snippet of what they’ve already shown the coaching staff.
And our view is always somewhat skewed because of that, where a big play in the stat sheet looks impressive.
But it’s what these guys have been showing day after day from OTAs, minicamps and two-a-days in training camp that make or break their chances to make it.

NUFF SAID....................




Excellent post my friend.
Were ya been lately?

;D



http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37333.0

Son started football...try to attend every practice and game... pop in here every now and then for the occasional humor injection...fishin' again eh Marr... ;)

Always fishing unless I'm hunting.


Thanks for the link.
How about a youtube video of him scoring a TD
;D