PDA

View Full Version : Claiborne guarantees win

vikesfan
11-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Don't know if any of you heard this, but Chris Claiborne was on Kfan's uncensored tonight, and he said that he guarantees a win this week vs. Detroit, and said that it should be by at least 10 points.

Usually I don't care a lot for people saying things like this, but I loved this statement from him because it really says a lot about the character of this years team, which I think is much better than that of last years. During the skid last year, you just got the feeling that the Vikes were starting to get down on themselves and doubt their ability. This year it seems like they truly expect to win every game and have the confidence as a team that they will pull out of this starting this week vs. the lions.

ADubya26
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
very nice to hear indeed. Lets hope they come throught...they need it bad

XTAP59
11-15-2004, 11:13 PM
I wish he would just be in position to stuff the run at least half the time instead of adding fodder to the Lions locker room.
These games are usually always close.

silvermane
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
well i guess if anybody in the vikes locker room wants to beat the lions it would be claiborne.

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 11:35 PM
"silvermane" wrote:

well i guess if anybody in the vikes locker room wants to beat the lions it would be claiborne.

True that!

VikingsTw
11-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Let me ask you a question Sivlermane, what did you think of Claborne when he was with you guys, he came over to us, he was a beast for 6 weeks then disappered. I have talked to a couple lions fans that said he was a beast, i sure hope he can get back to that, after all he is still very young at 26. If he gets healthy i think he can get in a goove.

silvermane
11-16-2004, 02:18 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Let me ask you a question Sivlermane, what did you think of Claborne when he was with you guys, he came over to us, he was a beast for 6 weeks then disappered. I have talked to a couple lions fans that said he was a beast, i sure hope he can get back to that, after all he is still very young at 26. If he gets healthy i think he can get in a goove.

chris claiborne was one of my favorite players when he was with the lions. the guy really was a beast, and a tackling machine. the thing about him is he is so good both in run support and against the pass. i was so pissed at millen for letting him go although claiborne said he wanted to go and i can't really blame him. but i was really mad when i found out he went to the vikings. his only problem was his weight but he was working on that his last year with us.

i haven't really seen your linebackers play but if i were your dc i would consider moving claiborne to the middle once he is healthy. i was glad when the lions moved him to the middle in 02. he had been playing weak side and doing a great job but he played middle in college and feels more comfortable there. he is smart enough to play there and is one of the better linebackers at defending the pass.

MossWilliamsHenderson
11-16-2004, 02:21 AM
"silvermane" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:

chris claiborne was one of my favorite players when he was with the lions. the guy really was a beast, and a tackling machine. great pursuit, stops the run, gets good pressure on the qb. i was so pissed at millen for letting him go although claiborne said he wanted to go and i can't really blame him. but i was really mad when i found out he went to the vikings. his only problem was his weight but he was working on that his last year with us.

i haven't really seen your linebackers play but if i were your dc i would consider moving claiborne to the middle once he is healthy. i was glad when the lions moved him to the middle in 02. he had been playing weak side and doing a great job but he played middle in college and feels more comfortable there. he is smart enough to play there and is one of the better linebackers at defending the pass.

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Claiborne wanted to leave Detriot because his father was murdered?

silvermane
11-16-2004, 02:29 AM
yeah that was part of it i think. his dad emmitt was shot in detroit back in 2000. he and his dad were real close, he lived with him in Detroit and helped him out a lot his rookie season. terrible loss for the kid.

despite that claiborne became a team leader. i have a ton of respect for the guy no matter what team he plays for. there was someone on here a while back, i think his name was texpack. he said claiborne was a cancer to the team. it takes a lot to set me off but that did it!

MossWilliamsHenderson
11-16-2004, 02:34 AM
"silvermane" wrote:

yeah that was part of it i think. his dad emmitt was shot in detroit back in 2000. he and his dad were real close, he lived with him in Detroit and helped him out a lot his rookie season. terrible loss for the kid.

despite that claiborne became a team leader. i have a ton of respect for the guy no matter what team he plays for. there was someone on here a while back, i think his name was texpack. he said claiborne was a cancer to the team. it takes a lot to set me off but that did it!

I like Claiborne but I hope he loses some weight and play like when he played great for 6 games. :cheers:

cajunvike
11-16-2004, 09:09 AM
"silvermane" wrote:

Well, Texpack was a cancer to this board...and our resident cancer surgeon, Webby, cut him out and made this board healthy again!

ultravikingfan
11-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Yes, I hope it does not add any fodder for the Lions. BTW, the Lions are last in the NFL in rushing.

snowinapril
11-16-2004, 10:53 AM
I hope this is a sign of confidence that he feels the D is getting better.

I am also concerned about this becoming bulletin board material. The Lions don't need more motivation to win.

"Don't wake the sleeping Lion"

I am glad he is confident, our D needs it.

It is definitely the LB corp that needs to step it up the whole game.

VikingsTw
11-16-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks silvermane, I'm hoping that he comes back strong for us, I thought he had a DECENT game last week, he had a nice play on a third down underneath pass, Creamed the guy and prevented a first down. EJ and Claborne both played better in the second half, hope they can keep it up for a full game. We have a serious issues at Strong Side LB, any thoughts on who should start.

By the way Claborne weighs 250 so hes doin pretty good right know, at times he would weigh 270 pounds. I have often thought if maybe we could move him to the middle, but we have EJ there and thats his natural position.

HarrisonB57
11-16-2004, 09:12 PM
When we do beat the lions, i hope we don't get overconfident. Thats one of the problems i've noticed with the vikings the past few years. They have on egreat game where there offense and defense step up. The next game they will come out flat and play like crap.

GP_1_Again
11-16-2004, 09:29 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Wow looks like you need a grammer lesson, come on boy's let him have it.

VikingsTw
11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Go ahead you can do it for me big shot, no one else is.

CT Viking Man
11-16-2004, 10:14 PM
If someone is going to guarantee a win it needs to be from the defense. The inability to stop the offenses over the past three games has been a major factor in the losses. The Lions have looked pretty anemic on offense that past two weeks but those were games against the Redskins and Jags, with some decent defenses.

VKG4LFE
11-17-2004, 08:03 PM
I like the fact that he is saying it, but is he going to even play? Anybody can talk the talk, but can he walk the walk. I was pumped when we signed him, but he is injury prone. He needs to get his ass on the field and stay there!!

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 09:53 PM
COOL STUFF

ADubya26
11-17-2004, 10:02 PM
GP wrote: Wow looks like you need a grammer lesson, come on boy's let him have it.

If thats not irony I dont know what is

ItalianStallion
11-17-2004, 10:04 PM
I don't think we have the right to guarantee ANY victory given the way our defense has played lately.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 10:07 PM
No but it is cool that he thinks we will dominate. They need to come out with an attitude and play with that attitude.