PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with kickoffs?

socalVIKEfan
11-15-2004, 08:19 PM
Why is it so friggen hard to find a guy that can kick it into the endzone on a consistent basis?
I watch the local high school games and there is always a PK kicking it OUT of the endzone.
You give any team field position like we gave the packers, and it is going to be a long afternoon.
Go find a soccer player that can kick the snot out of the ball and offer him twice the money to play a real sport. :lol: Shouldn't be that hard.
Our kicking and ST situation is pathetic really.
I'm getting my 4 year old a ball and tee and getting him ready for the NFL. :cheers:

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the board, both socalVIKEfan AND his 4 year old! Kick that ball, son!!!

cheesefree
11-16-2004, 01:23 AM
"socalVIKEfan" wrote:

I'm getting my 4 year old a ball and tee and getting him ready for the NFL. :cheers:

Coach Tice may be calling your kid this week :D

hawaiianvike21
11-16-2004, 02:59 AM
For one high school football fields are a lot shorter in size despite being 100 yards. Personally i think hs football fields are actually shorter.
Second soccer players dont have much expierience kicking a different shaped ball other then their typical round ball and would take some time getting used to a football.

THird, maybe someday your son could be our kicker and could be vinateri/vanderjagt type fg kicker instead of being home to the gary and mortern andersons. :lol:

owensforpres
11-16-2004, 09:04 AM
i was wondering that too. he could barely kick it past the 20. i agree tice should call his 4 yr old. then when he's famouse my 4 yr daughter can marry him haha