PDA

View Full Version : Darren Bennett and Cortez have to go!

whackthepack
11-15-2004, 03:03 PM
I do not know what happened to Bennett but my god I could punt longer than that lame f*ck!

And if you can not kick them long can you at least get some hang time you piece of shit Cortez!

I blame this all on Tice, in the off season he should have gotten a new kicker and punter!

cheesefree
11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeah Bennett's stats show why he was available, and Cortez showed us why he was driving a delivery truck a week ago. Special teams as a whole basically sucks. Morten has done a decent job though.

vikings_fan66
11-15-2004, 03:19 PM
I am very dissapointed in Benett he is a proven veteran punter and he has not played to potential. As for Cortez get rid of him. Morten Andresen can do just as well as Cortez has on kickoffs.

whackthepack
11-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Maybe we need to try and trade for a Punter that can kick off, even if it takes a second round pick!

The punting and kickoffs on this team has cost us at least 40 points this year if not more!

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 04:15 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Maybe we need to try and trade for a Punter that can kick off, even if it takes a second round pick!

The punting and kickoffs on this team has cost us at least 40 points this year if not more!

We had a punter that could kick off...Mitch Berger...but cheap-ass Red didn't want to pay him. Now we have got this mess and have had the same mess for the past few years...when we had Gary Anderson and Mitch Berger teaming up together, we seemed to be doing fine in the kicking department. NOW, we ain't hardly got SH*T!

XTAP59
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I do not know what happened to Bennett but my god I could punt longer than that lame f*ck!

And if you can not kick them long can you at least get some hang time you piece of shit Cortez!

I blame this all on Tice, in the off season he should have gotten a new kicker and punter!

Agreed on Bennett. Tice siad signing him would shore up up punting for several years.....WTF!!!

Also, we go from Gary Anderson to Morton Anderson. Both of them 44 years old. What is Tice thinking here?

Viking_Spirit
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Mort's doing a good job. Cortez sucks, along with Bennett.

special teams are indeed a mess

XTAP59
11-15-2004, 04:25 PM
"Viking_Spirit" wrote:

Mort's doing a good job. Cortez sucks, along with Bennett.

special teams are indeed a mess

Yes, Mort is doing OK. 11-14 FG's I believe. But, who do you get to kick the game winning 50 yarder?

AngloVike
11-15-2004, 04:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

We had a punter that could kick off...Mitch Berger...but cheap-ass Red didn't want to pay him. Now we have got this mess and have had the same mess for the past few years...when we had Gary Anderson and Mitch Berger teaming up together, we seemed to be doing fine in the kicking department. NOW, we ain't hardly got SH*T!

We also had the chance for a decent kicker - who could handle FGs and kickoffs - when we went after Edinger of the Bears. We didn't make enough of an offer and since then have played merry go-rounds with our kicking staff since.
At the time it wasn't taken as being a big loss by not landing Edinger - oh how times have changed

shockzilla
11-15-2004, 04:30 PM
http://www.purplepride.org/articles/default_disp.cfm?newsid=130&man=10

Check out #3

whackthepack
11-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Tice anounced that they will not be trying out anybody for kickoff duty, he thinks that Cortez did a good job (what fucking game was that idiot watching?)!

I would be trying out punters and some to do kickoffs and both of those lame ass f*cks would be in the unemployment line!

I never ever thought I would say this in my life time, I miss Aaron Elling!

vwo32
11-16-2004, 09:55 AM
There has got to be some CFL kicker and punter that we can pick up. Or some undrafted college player. I have never seen a college team with a worse kicking situation than what we have. Morten is decent, but he can't make anything past 42 yards. We are forced to go for it from the 30 yard line because he doesn't have the leg to get it there, he is 110 years old after all. If Cortez continues to stink it up then we might as well onside kick it. At least then we have a chance of getting the ball back, if we don't recover it then there really isn't any harm done because that is about where they are returning it to anyway.

Foreman44
11-16-2004, 09:20 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

Tice anounced that they will not be trying out anybody for kickoff duty, he thinks that Cortez did a good job (what fucking game was that idiot watching?)!

I would be trying out punters and some to do kickoffs and both of those lame ass f*cks would be in the unemployment line!

Another case in point regarding Tice's misconceptions.
They both suck ... period.

And what is Tice thinking by this observation about O Smith and Bennett:
"... even though Onterrio didn't miss any practice time last week, I didn't think he looked as explosive as Mike did"

Without Onterrio Smith, you can kiss 2 of your wins this year goodbye and I thought Smith looked just fine at Lambeau even though he was underutilized. Not explosive compared to Bennett? :?

HarrisonB57
11-16-2004, 09:37 PM
hell...there is a sophmore kicker at my high school who is playing football for the first time. very seldom does he not kick it to the 5 yard line.

CT Viking Man
11-16-2004, 11:27 PM
You see Berger this year. He is still kicking great for the Saints.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 12:47 PM
"vikings_fan66" wrote:

I am very dissapointed in Benett he is a proven veteran punter and he has not played to potential. As for Cortez get rid of him. Morten Andresen can do just as well as Cortez has on kickoffs.

I don't think they want him pulling a hammy or hurting his fragile leg on the Kick offs.

snowinapril
11-17-2004, 12:58 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I never ever thought I would say this in my life time, I miss Aaron Elling!

Tice said that Cortez did fine on the last kick off and it was the coverage that sucked. He also justified his decision by saying that Cortez practiced better in the 2 day try out than the others. The question I have to ask is what were the names of the high school kids he beat out?

dan3ski
11-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Like I have been doing (screaming for Tice's head) there are several good kickers down under go get one. I am sure there is someone who can do kick off duty.

uncle tony
11-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Amen to whoever started this subject. It takes every bit of strength Anderson has to clear a 40 yarder. How do you have a tryout for a kicker and come up with Cortez? His short kicks gave the packers great field position all day. Bennett just flat out blows. We need to lure Berger back with some snickers bars.

cajunvike
11-17-2004, 04:00 PM
"uncle tony" wrote:

Amen to whoever started this subject. It takes every bit of strength Anderson has to clear a 40 yarder. How do you have a tryout for a kicker and come up with Cortez? His short kicks gave the packers great field position all day. Bennett just flat out blows. We need to lure Berger back with some snickers bars.

A little more of Red's money would have kept him here in the first place! That tightwad!

CT Viking Man
11-17-2004, 07:16 PM
Anderson looks sloppy just kickin during pregame warmups. It would suck if a critical game required a long field goal for the Vikings to win. They'd be screwed. Imagine the Vikes down by 1, 2, or 3 points and needed a 48 yard field goal with seconds to play. Anderson wouldn't have the leg.

XTAP59
11-17-2004, 07:55 PM
"uncle tony" wrote:

Seriously, and I mean seriously, because I said it twice, we really should go after a kicker in the draft. Like the Ohio state kicker, he is automatic, has a 57 yarder, makes 50 plus FG's regularly, and get the ball out of the endzone on kickoffs.
Getting a kicker like this would have put the packers starting at their own 20 instead of the 46. Could have changed the entire complexion of the game. A great kicker would hide a lot of problems with out special teams.

LOTGK