PDA

View Full Version : The Next Great Minnesota Eagle?



Garland Greene
08-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Todd Pinkston released by the Readskins

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=28520

If there was ever a time to stop the Eagle connection he would be the one. For the love of God please don't even give him a sniff of MN.

singersp
08-27-2007, 10:26 PM
"Garland" wrote:

For the love of God please don't even give him a sniff of MN.


They sniffed him once already & he stunk then.

Ltrey33
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Haha...we tried that remember?

Garland Greene
08-27-2007, 11:02 PM
yeah but I am worried about the phrase never say never
:(

BloodyHorns82
08-27-2007, 11:08 PM
Who needs Stinkston when you have Ferguson?v :D

Purple Floyd
08-27-2007, 11:53 PM
We didn't sign Jeremiah Trotter when he was cut.

Zeus
08-28-2007, 11:23 AM
The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!

=Z=

Marrdro
08-28-2007, 11:24 AM
"Zeus" wrote:


The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!

=Z=

Pot stirrrrrerrrrrr.
;D

Webby
08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Let's sign him so we can listen to even more bellyaching about our receiver core.


Although listening to Prophet wax poetic and delivering sonnets to woo Pinkston would be "special".

josdin00
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
He's got a Madden rating of 77, just in case anyone finds that information useful.
;) ;D

marcosMN
08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Yiiiippp-eeeeeeeeeee!

EDIT:
::)

Marrdro
08-28-2007, 11:36 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


He's got a Madden rating of 77, just in case anyone finds that information useful.
;) ;D

You are wise beyond your years my friend.
;D

ItalianStallion
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


He's got a Madden rating of 77, just in case anyone finds that information useful.
;) ;D


That would make him our third best receiver. :D

Garland Greene
08-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Lets hpe to God not!
http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=37165.0
;D

minvikes01
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
I say we wait and pick up one of the receivers the patriots will be cutting...
Reche Caldwell anyone?

seaniemck7
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Stinkston!!


I never want to see him in purple again... ever... even if its the CFL.

ItalianStallion
08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
"minvikes01" wrote:


I say we wait and pick up one of the receivers the patriots will be cutting...

Reche Caldwell anyone?



Seriously at some point you have to say "we have enough average receivers on this team, and we might as well just keep the ones who have been through camp".

Unless there's a real difference make out there, what is the point of picking up another Bethel Johnson or Todd Pinkston?
So they can take up a roster spot while competing with Ferguson and Chandler Williams?

thevikingfan
08-28-2007, 01:37 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!

=Z=


So?

jmcdon00
08-28-2007, 01:46 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:


"minvikes01" wrote:


I say we wait and pick up one of the receivers the patriots will be cutting...

Reche Caldwell anyone?



Seriously at some point you have to say "we have enough average receivers on this team, and we might as well just keep the ones who have been through camp".

Unless there's a real difference make out there, what is the point of picking up another Bethel Johnson or Todd Pinkston?
So they can take up a roster spot while competing with Ferguson and Chandler Williams?

Well said, there is no need to bring in players if they are not an obviouse improvement.

V-Unit
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Time for V to contradict himself again.

I thought Ferguson was brought in to return kicks. Allison was the only one returning last weekend, meaning that I was dead wrong.

If Ferguson was brought to help with special teams I see little reason for the signing. I'd rather keep Nance, Allison, and Williams. That said, maybe Nance, Allison, and Williams are simply underacheiving, and that is thy Ferguson was brought in.

I know this has nothing to do with Pinkston, but oh well.

If McMullen makes the team I'll be upset.

Zeus
08-28-2007, 01:52 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!


So?


So - I believe it to be asinine and idiotic that every time a player that some rube recognizes because of ESPN highlights or Madden football performance is released a thread has to pop up letting everyone know that the aforementioned player is available and it would be a GREAT idea if the Vikings signed him because he's wayyyyyy better than X.

I was trolling through yesterday's cuts - which, BTW, leaves each team TWENTY-TWO players over the 53-man roster - to find a name that the PPOdiots would recognize and found the perfect candidate.
Ol' Stinkston himself, the original Minnesota Eagle.

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PINKSTON]&set=key[number],value[84]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369358_customback.chain]

=Z=

vikingivan
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"thevikingfan" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!


So?


So - I believe it to be asinine and idiotic that every time a player that some rube recognizes because of ESPN highlights or Madden football performance is released a thread has to pop up letting everyone know that the aforementioned player is available and it would be a GREAT idea if the Vikings signed him because he's wayyyyyy better than X.

I was trolling through yesterday's cuts - which, BTW, leaves each team TWENTY-TWO players over the 53-man roster - to find a name that the PPOdiots would recognize and found the perfect candidate.
Ol' Stinkston himself, the original Minnesota Eagle.

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PINKSTON]&set=key[number],value[84]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369358_customback.chain]

=Z=


Well said Z!!
All of a sudden every bum that is cut would be an upgrade for us.
Not!

Marrdro
08-28-2007, 02:01 PM
"V" wrote:


Time for V to contradict himself again.

I thought Ferguson was brought in to return kicks. Allison was the only one returning last weekend, meaning that I was dead wrong.

If Ferguson was brought to help with special teams I see little reason for the signing. I'd rather keep Nance, Allison, and Williams. That said, maybe Nance, Allison, and Williams are simply underacheiving, and that is thy Ferguson was brought in.

I know this has nothing to do with Pinkston, but oh well.

If McMullen makes the team I'll be upset.

I even thought that.
Z corrected me of course...... ;D

PurpleTide
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Unless he can Kickoff we don't need anymore clutter at wide-out. We have enough to work with.

singersp
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"thevikingfan" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


The Redskins released Todd Pinkston yesterday!

The Vikings should SIGN HIM!
He already knows the offense!!!!

And Prophet can finally wear the jersey!


So?


So - I believe it to be asinine and idiotic that every time a player that some rube recognizes because of ESPN highlights or Madden football performance is released a thread has to pop up letting everyone know that the aforementioned player is available and it would be a GREAT idea if the Vikings signed him because he's wayyyyyy better than X.

I was trolling through yesterday's cuts - which, BTW, leaves each team TWENTY-TWO players over the 53-man roster - to find a name that the PPOdiots would recognize and found the perfect candidate.
Ol' Stinkston himself, the original Minnesota Eagle.

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[PINKSTON]&set=key[number],value[84]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p1369358_customback.chain]

=Z=


What's even sadder is the they want us to sign a guy we already signed less than 6 months ago & kicked to the curb in less than a week.

What makes them think we should sign him again? Obviously, he wasn't good enough this past spring or he'd still be here.

V-Unit
08-28-2007, 08:54 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:



Unless he can Kickoff we don't need anymore clutter at wide-out. We have enough to work with.


Clutter! I have been looking for a good word to describe our WR corps! Clutter is that word!

gregair13
08-28-2007, 08:55 PM
no thank you