PDA

View Full Version : Vikings - Seahawks Post-game Articles

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:09 AM
SEATTLE DEFEATS VIKINGS 30-13
(http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_VikSeaGamestory82507.html)

AUGUST 25, 2007

Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

An impressive performance by receiver Bobby Wade and a powerful rushing game highlighted the Minnesota Vikings performance on Saturday night at Qwest Field but it wasn't enough to earn a victory over the Seattle Seahawks.....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:19 AM
Seattle 30, Minnesota 13 (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20070825026&prov=ap)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
sports.yahoo.com
August 26, 2007

SEATTLE (AP) -- Matt Hasselbeck said it felt like the season opener. Fortunately for him, it wasn't....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Siskowic update and much more (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=901)

August 26th, 2007 – 12:24 AM
by Judd Zulgad
startribune.com

Anybody watching the Vikings’ 30-13 preseason loss to Seattle on Saturday night saw the scary injury suffered by linebacker Cameron Siskowic late in the game....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Mix of solid, shaky (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6722198)

Running game, Wade appear ready to go; Jackson, passing attack are unsteady

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 08/26/2007 12:35:54 AM CDT

SEATTLE - The Vikings' running game and wide receiver Bobby Wade were in regular-season form Saturday night.

As for Tarvaris Jackson and the rest of the passing offense, the jury is still out....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:31 AM
Vikings' Wade right in form (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6722216)

Wide receiver tosses TD pass, makes 5 catches

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 08/26/2007 12:38:34 AM CDT

SEATTLE - To say Bobby Wade did it all Saturday night is putting it mildly.

All the Vikings' No. 1 wide receiver did in his team's 30-13 exhibition loss to the Seattle Seahawks was catch five passes for a game-high 85 yards and throw a touchdown pass.

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Linebacker's injury gives team a scare (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1383043.html)

Cameron Siskowic was taken off the field in an ambulance late in the fourth quarter.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: August 26, 2007 – 1:02 AM

SEATTLE — The Vikings got a big scare Saturday late in their 30-13 preseason loss to Seattle when linebacker Cameron Siskowic was injured on what looked like a very ordinary play....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:38 AM
QB's long outing doesn't provide much clarity (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1383175.html)

Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson played into the third quarter against Seattle, with mixed results.

Last update: August 26, 2007 – 12:59 AM

SEATTLE — Tarvaris Jackson didn't get any type of physical test on the Vikings' opening series of Saturday night's preseason game, but the quarterback's mental toughness certainly was challenged....

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Photo gallery: Vikings vs Seahawks 8/25/2007 (http://www.startribune.com/10136/gallery/1383131.html)

Published Saturday, August 25, 2007
startribune.com

singersp
08-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Vikings vs Seahawks Video Highlights (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d801d0db6)

singersp
08-26-2007, 07:37 AM
Vikings Find Plenty of Work in 30-13 Loss (http://packers.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=672154)

By Viking Update Staff
scout.com

Posted Aug 26, 2007

Marrdro
08-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Great stuff Singer.

Hope this isn't true......

– It was noted by a few that Charles
Gordon and not Mewelde Moore was used on the Vikings’ punt return. Moore did rush seven times for 24 yards in the second half. Perhaps the Vikings are showcasing him for other teams, while also making alternative plans for a punt returner.

cogitans
08-26-2007, 09:09 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Great stuff Singer.

Gordon and not Mewelde Moore was used on the Vikings’ punt return. Moore did rush seven times for 24 yards in the second half. Perhaps the Vikings are showcasing him for other teams, while also making alternative plans for a punt returner.

At this point it's just some random media speculation, but it would make sense as move.

MM has been close to the starting position in the past, and I bet he wants more than being the 3rd stringer behind Taylor and AP. So if they can get quality for him instead of a guy that'll not see the field that much, they might jump on it.

However if they trade him for a backup QB like Holcomb, I'll be pissed.

singersp
08-26-2007, 09:19 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Great stuff Singer.

At this point it's just some random media speculation, but it would make sense as move.

MM has been close to the starting position in the past, and I bet he wants more than being the 3rd stringer behind Taylor and AP. So if they can get quality for him instead of a guy that'll not see the field that much, they might jump on it.

I'm not worried about Memo. He's insurance if one our RB's goes down, he returns punts & we have him signed up thru this year on the cheap (2006 - $ 430,500)

Unless another team has an immediate need for him during the season due to an injury, I don't see him going anywhere.

You can't get rid of a guy hoping to bring in a good return man, because he might not pan out. Then what?

You need to have that guy in place that can do the job as good or better than Memo, before you can think about it.

Marrdro
08-26-2007, 09:34 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Great stuff Singer.

I'm not worried about Memo. He's insurance if one our RB's goes down, he returns punts & we have him signed up thru this year on the cheap (2006 - $ 430,500)

Unless another team has an immediate need for him during the season due to an injury, I don't see him going anywhere.

You can't get rid of a guy hoping to bring in a good return man, because he might not pan out. Then what?

You need to have that guy in place that can do the job as good or better than Memo, before you can think about it.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Memo.
I really like the guy but if we could get someone for him that could fix our kick coverage then I would be all for it.
I'd rather see them dump Pinner or Fason, in that order.

singersp
08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Great stuff Singer.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Memo.
I really like the guy but if we could get someone for him that could fix our kick coverage then I would be all for it.
I'd rather see them dump Pinner or Fason, in that order.

Reverse order for me. Fason 1st, then Pinner.

i_bleed_purple
08-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Fason has done absolutely nothing noteworthy since he's been with the vikings.

Pinner on the other hand had a good game against the Lions last year,
I just don't understand all the love for Fason.
He's not that good

Marrdro
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

He's not that good

One game does not a career make.
;D

singersp
08-26-2007, 09:53 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

He's not that good

;D

??? One? I've seen him flat in more games than I've seen him with good performances.

When Pinner had the good week last year & Fason the other (when they were spelling C-Tay) that was the best I've seen Fason play since he's been here & pprobably the only time he was consistantly good.

The other time I saw him put out a good performance was a pre-season game the year they got him.

NordicNed
08-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all the reads Singer, goes well with my morning coffee.... ;D

I espeicaly liked the Video Highlights...Thanks

MaxVike
08-26-2007, 12:15 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:

He's not that good

;D

??? One? I've seen him flat in more games than I've seen him with good performances.

When Pinner had the good week last year & Fason the other (when they were spelling C-Tay) that was the best I've seen Fason play since he's been here & pprobably the only time he was consistantly good.

The other time I saw him put out a good performance was a pre-season game the year they got him.

Fason is aweful...hate saying it, like the guy, all that.
He is not fast enough to be a breakaway runner, nor is he strong enough to be a power runner.
Other than that, he's great.

PurpleTide
08-26-2007, 12:44 PM
I really like it when all you gotta do to read game news is just log onto PPO, Thanks Singer for keepin the strain on my braincells this morning tolerable, by putting all the Viking/Ditchhawk, news in one spot. Stay'ed up too late, with buddy weiser, and NFLN, and My recovery will be a slow and painful one.

Marrdro
08-26-2007, 12:47 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

I really like it when all you gotta do to read game news is just log onto PPO, Thanks Singer for keepin the strain on my braincells this morning tolerable, by putting all the Viking/Ditchhawk, news in one spot. Stay'ed up too late, with buddy weiser, and NFLN, and My recovery will be a slow and painful one.

Did you make it all the way through?
I failed in my attempt.
;D

PurpleTide
08-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Naw Marrdro I fell out by the end of the third Qtr, when it was 16-13, overall we had some flashes of a young and exciting offense. Got some wrinkle's to iron out youbetcha', but Tarvaris sipped the ball out, with-stood some serious blitzes and made good decision's with the ball.

The defense is going to be awesome, but our special teams are awful. We have no air under the football on kickoffs, and the returners get the ball before we are downfield in coverage. Gonna have to shore that S#%& up. A Kick must have 4 seconds of hang-time, not a 3 second line-drive, that nobody can cover.

Mr Anderson
08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
"PurpleTide" wrote:

Naw Marrdro I fell out by the end of the third Qtr, when it was 16-13, overall we had some flashes of a young and exciting offense. Got some wrinkle's to iron out youbetcha', but Tarvaris sipped the ball out, with-stood some serious blitzes and made good decision's with the ball.

The defense is going to be awesome, but our special teams are awful. We have no air under the football on kickoffs, and the returners get the ball before we are downfield in coverage. Gonna have to shore that S#%& up. A Kick must have 4 seconds of hang-time, not a 3 second line-drive, that nobody can cover.

At least the punts have 6.5 seconds of hangtime!! Kluwe was really impressive last night.

CCthebest
08-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Longwell sucked again, he shouldnt miss easy FGs. God knows he has no long leg, should at least be somewhat accurate. Our kickoff coverages suck, mainly cause longwell cant kick deep. We have no returns guys, Allison so far doesnt look like hes made for it. Why not have MeMo do both?

TJ was ok, Wade was great. TJ looks at his receiver the second the ball is snapped, Cant believe he doesnt have any int's yet. Running game is awesome thank god.

COJOMAY
08-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Why would you trade MeMo, who is a supposed punt returner, for another punt returner? I don't like that idea at all. What I would rather see, if they are going to trade him, is a punter/kicker who can put the ball in the end zone on kickoffs. That would gain us more yardage per game than MeMo could ever run.

Superbowl!!!
08-26-2007, 03:13 PM
IN THE FIRST HALF

T-Jack - NO interceptions, bad fumble though
Running Game - over 100 yards
B Wade - 5 rec. 85 yards, TD PASS
Defense - lots of field goals, 1 td

(it would've been better if they didn't start every possesion in our territory)

once our starters start playing the whole game, we're going to see a lot more W's

lots of room to improve, but this season is looking like its going to be a lot better than last year.

singersp
08-26-2007, 03:22 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Longwell sucked again, he shouldnt miss easy FGs. God knows he has no long leg, should at least be somewhat accurate. Our kickoff coverages suck, mainly cause longwell cant kick deep. We have no returns guys, Allison so far doesnt look like hes made for it. Why not have MeMo do both?

TJ was ok, Wade was great. TJ looks at his receiver the second the ball is snapped, Cant believe he doesnt have any int's yet. Running game is awesome thank god.

He did miss a 38 yarder. But he did redeem himself with a 47 & a 49 yarder.

Last week he kicked a 54 yarder. Sorry, but you have to have a leg to be able to make a 54 yard FG.
;)

singersp
08-27-2007, 07:37 AM
If you can't catch 'em, throw 'em (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1384069.html)

Bobby Wade caught five passes for 85 yards and also threw a touchdown pass vs. Seattle.

Last update: August 26, 2007 – 11:55 PM

SEATTLE — Vikings quarterbacks have attempted 70 passes in three preseason games and have yet to throw for a touchdown....