PDA

View Full Version : Video of the fumble!



enlvikeman
11-14-2004, 11:59 PM
As you can see Ross clearly recovered the ball therefore it's the Packers ball and first down!

www.packerssuck.com/2004/storypics/blown.wmv

VikingsTw
11-15-2004, 12:03 AM
LMAO, I got it on tape still havnt relooked it over but i know what i saw. I saw ESPN show it too. I hate DIAL UP GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GopherAndPackFan
11-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Pack win.

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 12:08 AM
"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:

Pack win.

Pack fudge.

SacredStar
11-15-2004, 12:12 AM
"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:

Pack win.

Yep, we know, thanks to this guy.
http://www.ump-attire.com/images/football_shirt_short_sm.jpg

VikingsTw
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
It's a normal thing for pack fans, they take anything as a win.

Good video it clearly shows Ross had full posession of the ball, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh that pisses me off.

jackyl
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
"SacredStar" wrote:

"GopherAndPackFan" wrote:

Pack win.

Yep, we know, thanks to this guy.
http://www.ump-attire.com/images/football_shirt_short_sm.jpg

Yup.... he'll be up for NFC player of the week too.

enlvikeman
11-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Out of all the Viking games I have watched in my life this one pisses me off the most.

VikingsTw
11-15-2004, 12:19 AM
This is up there with the some of the other ones. I would have to say the game a couple years ago when Brewer was flagged for pass interference on a Favre pick to end the game. The refs admitted to blowing 7 calls alone in the fourth quarter! (saw in on CNN news)

But this is up there with those ones too.

BigEasyViking
11-15-2004, 12:53 AM
I think that the video speaks for itself, but the Pack get the win! So are the days of our life....

:pukeright: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :pukeright:

dart18
11-15-2004, 10:06 AM
i admit the call sucks and i do move on to the detroit game but why dont they look at the tape just for the hell of it. Within 2 minutes it is their call and if the tape shows the all important "indisputable evidence" which it does then they could have corrected a bad call. Hey packer fans do you atleast admit, even though you won, that we vikes did really recover the fumble or are you going to be blind to that?

purplehorn
11-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Winners never cheat and cheaters never win
unless your a crooked Green Bay official??

snowinapril
11-15-2004, 10:27 AM
I heard a player say the about 90% of the time when a pile up like that happens the person that had the ball doesn't come out with it.

What we didn't see was the angle that the ref was at which wasn't blocked by bodies. I remember that as the video stopped, Ross rolled over and exposed the ball to the packer that was at his chest right behind him. Once Ross rolled over, we could not see the ball anymore.

Now I say that if it was reviewable, they would have reversed it by that video unless the refs saw with their own eyes something else when Ross rolled over.

Oh, the game that pissed me off the most was the one where the former Cheif DB kept the ball in the air and the GB WR caught (while laying on the ground) the ball and ran it in for a TD. That game sucked. This game, we only played D on a couple of series and let them walk all over us. The continued lack of D and the lack of INTs by our DB dropping balls.

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 10:29 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I heard a player say the about 90% of the time when a pile up like that happens the person that had the ball doesn't come out with it.

What we didn't see was the angle that the ref was at which wasn't blocked by bodies. I remember that as the video stopped, Ross rolled over and exposed the ball to the packer that was at his chest right behind him. Once Ross rolled over, we could not see the ball anymore.

Now I say that if it was reviewable, they would have reversed it by that video unless the refs saw with their own eyes something else when Ross rolled over.

Oh, the game that pissed me off the most was the one where the former Cheif DB kept the ball in the air and the GB WR caught (while laying on the ground) the ball and ran it in for a TD. That game sucked. This game, we only played D on a couple of series and let them walk all over us. The continued lack of D and the lack of INTs by our DB dropping balls.

Dishman (former Chief AND former Houston Oiler)...a name that will live in infamy forever (at least in Minnesota, that is)!

LosAngelis
11-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.

dart18
11-15-2004, 10:42 AM
id agree if ross has possession on the ground the scrum doesnt matter because the play was over right then. I guess i dont understand the review system and its flaws. Also the "pushed out" rule. If they review it how does that hurt the game? Either way game over but thanks for the insight los. I have seen the whole tape and Ross goes into the scrum with decent possession, not fully clung on but more than enough to show possession on tape. I just need to stop talking about it i think but thanks either way

purplehorn
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .

The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:

ADubya26
11-15-2004, 10:49 AM
I was jumping up and down when this happened...I knew Ross had it the whole time, it was obvious live. When the officials came forward afterwards, I thought they would say they were going to review it, but instead they just said the ball goes to the Pack at the spot of the fumble - bullcrap. Wow, just wow.

Packerguy
11-15-2004, 10:52 AM
"purplehorn" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .

The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:

Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings

NeoVikesTX
11-15-2004, 10:58 AM
"Packerguy" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .

The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:

Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings

Your defense didn't play good enough to win either. You guys couldn't stop us in the second half at all. Take that, along with your fumbles, and the game could of just as easily been 34-31 Vikings.

GBMiah
11-15-2004, 11:08 AM
As I and several other GB fans have already stated here, Yes it does look like Ross initially came down with the fumble. There is no disputing that. But if the refs dont see it they have to wait to clear the pile to call possession. And Ross himself said that a GB player wrestled it away during the fracas, so ruled. Its a bummer for sure. But we got shafted on a 4th and 1 ourselves. BOTH were turnovers, the 4th and 1 could have swayed the game in even more our favor instead of almost losing.

NeoVikesTX
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
"GBMiah" wrote:

As I and several other GB fans have already stated here, Yes it does look like Ross initially came down with the fumble. There is no disputing that. But if the refs dont see it they have to wait to clear the pile to call possession. And Ross himself said that a GB player wrestled it away during the fracas, so ruled. Its a bummer for sure. But we got shafted on a 4th and 1 ourselves. BOTH were turnovers, the 4th and 1 could have swayed the game in even more our favor instead of almost losing.

There's a big difference between a 4th and 1 call in the second quarter when you're up by 14 points and a fumble call with less than 2 minutes remaining when the score is tied.

Plain and simple, the refs MUST get this call right. The outcome of the game is dependent upon the possession of the ball. The refs blew it, and cost the Vikings a huge divisional loss.

josdin00
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.

Plays like pass interferance, along with most other penalties, the "push out" rule, and possesion of a fumble in a scrum are considered judgement calls, and cannot be reviewed according to the rules. I believe that's done so that the system doesn't undermine the refs. Personally, I think that's BS. If the ref has to make a judgement call at full speed, how much easier does it make the play to judge if the ref could see it slowed down. Now, most of the time, there isn't any clear evidense about possesion of a fumble in a scrum, so I can still sort of understand it. They don't want to waste everybody's time. However, I do think they need instant replay for pass interferance. That is the harshest penalty in the game, and can instantly change the complexion of a game. Yet, there is no way to reverse a call/non-call that is obviously wrong.

GBMiah
11-15-2004, 11:38 AM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"GBMiah" wrote:

As I and several other GB fans have already stated here, Yes it does look like Ross initially came down with the fumble. There is no disputing that. But if the refs dont see it they have to wait to clear the pile to call possession. And Ross himself said that a GB player wrestled it away during the fracas, so ruled. Its a bummer for sure. But we got shafted on a 4th and 1 ourselves. BOTH were turnovers, the 4th and 1 could have swayed the game in even more our favor instead of almost losing.

There's a big difference between a 4th and 1 call in the second quarter when you're up by 14 points and a fumble call with less than 2 minutes remaining when the score is tied.

Plain and simple, the refs MUST get this call right. The outcome of the game is dependent upon the possession of the ball. The refs blew it, and cost the Vikings a huge divisional loss.

I disagree, the 4th and 1 call if made would have giving us a fresh set of downs and a good chance at 21 point lead. making it 31 -38 pack with the Vikings kicking off with 1:20 left to play. Thge Vikes would have undoubtedly onsided and the chances were 1 in 5 or so that they would have gotten it. After the kick off, clock runs down to 1:10 and we take 3 knees. Of course that is all hypothetical, but so is the the contention that the Vikes WOULD have scored if they would have gotten the kick off fumble anyway. 1:20 seconds, no time outs, 50 yards. That seems favorable but is no way a guarantee.

The refs MUST get every call right honestly, I still dont think the refs blew the call as it was just a huge bad luck set back for the Vikes. The refs did the same thing they did in every fumble situation dive in and clear the pack as soon as possible to see who had the ball.

Big difference between the 4th and 1 turnover and the late fumble? No, not a BIG one. The late fumble had more of an impact but the 4th and 1 should not be entirely dismissed as unimportant.

eastcoastvikes
11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Ok this post is entirely to just prove that the Viking fans despite what the Pack fans are saying are not completely full of crap.
From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback on SI.com
"j. It's amazing, and a little sad, that the Minnesota special-teamer Derek Ross actually had possession of the fumbled Robert Ferguson kickoff return in the final minute of the Packers-Vikings game. And Ross was down before the pigpile got the ball disengaged from him and into the hands of a Packer. Green Bay then moved a few yards into field goal range and won. That stolen ball, quite likely, is the difference between the Vikings having a two-game lead over the Packers this morning and the Pack and Vikes being tied at 5-4 atop the NFC North."
It is what it is....

shockzilla
11-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Here's my take on the whole instant-replay deal: you can't have some plays reviewable and some not; ANY PLAY can change the complexion of the game, and therefore, I say ANY play should be reviewable. One that REALLY pissed me off was that so-called push out along the sidelines of #87 for Green Bay. If you look at the replay closely, the Viking defender tries to push him out but misses, clearly.

VikingsTw
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
I saw that two shock, so many stupid calls and non calls by the refs. That was a 3rd and long play that would have been punted to us, instead the pack scores a TD off the refs jacked up call.

sdvikefan
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

"purplehorn" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? .

The game was in Green Bay and the oficials had a wager on the game.
Thats my answer and I'm stickin to it. :drunken:

Been listening to kfan this morning and even play by play man Paul allen(vikes announcer) said that u could not be sure ross had possesion before the hogpile. So did Jeff Dubay as big as a vike fan as there is.

Get over it guys. Your defense did not play good enough to win anyway.
Quit blaming the refs for your clubs shortcomings

Lol...clearly they weren't watching closely then, because the replay showed that Ross recovering the ball and being contacted down before the pile up. There is just no way Ross could have lost that ball.

You're right about the defense though. They made many crucial mistakes in this game that allowed the Packers to convert or score, and if they hadn't made those mistakes this stupid fumble would not even matter.

Overall I'm not too worried about this game. We lost without our best player, on the road after a tough Monday Night road game, against a team that was coming off a bye. The Packers are not a better team.

snowinapril
11-15-2004, 12:22 PM
"eastcoastvikes" wrote:

Ok this post is entirely to just prove that the Viking fans despite what the Pack fans are saying are not completely full of crap.
From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback on SI.com
"j. It's amazing, and a little sad, that the Minnesota special-teamer Derek Ross actually had possession of the fumbled Robert Ferguson kickoff return in the final minute of the Packers-Vikings game. And Ross was down before the pigpile got the ball disengaged from him and into the hands of a Packer. Green Bay then moved a few yards into field goal range and won. That stolen ball, quite likely, is the difference between the Vikings having a two-game lead over the Packers this morning and the Pack and Vikes being tied at 5-4 atop the NFC North."
It is what it is....

True, not much for the Pack to be Gloating about.

We have had 3 games in a row where the ball didn't bounce our way.

What comes around goes around. If it is true that everyting evens itself out, we are do for 3 in our favor.

whackthepack
11-15-2004, 01:42 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

I am not blind to it. I do realize it was a controversial call, and that the Packers benefitted from the call going their way.

Without being a jack***, I would like to see video that doesn't cut off as soon as it appears that Ross tucked it. If a ref is blocked out, and Steele poked it out a millisecond after that tuck, it changes my opinion.

My question would be, why didn't the booth call for a review? Any ref can make a bad call. The system is supposed to catch those.


Ben Steele did not poke the ball loose, that is a bunch of crap Los and you know it to be true.

Steele came out today and said I had position the whole time (f*cking liar). We got reaped off and all you Greenbay fans know it! :bootyshake:

In joy your brief time at the top, because it will not last!

This season is only 9 games old still 7 games to go and I see a GB let down, they know the Vikes got ripped off and the know that we should have won the game.

WE played without Randy Moss (the best wide reciever in the game and the refs had to give you the game), we will kick your ass and with a split the next tie breaker is points and we will beat you by more than 3 points at the Dome!!!! :tongue:

LosAngelis
11-15-2004, 05:50 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:




Ben Steele did not poke the ball loose, that is a bunch of crap Los and you know it to be true.

Steele came out today and said I had position the whole time (f*cking liar). We got reaped off and all you Greenbay fans know it! :bootyshake:

Whoa, dude...I wasn't making the statement that I was supporting the Steele theory, I just stated that I would have wanted to see the rest of the video.

Also, josdin, I don't know if I agree that possession is a non-reviewable call. Tice was about to review the Fisher touchdown, but I think he actually listened to his coaches upstairs that he would have lost it. Possession in the endzone needs only be an instant to be a touchdown (as we know from the barely having to break the plane rule).

However, I want to say I've seen possession reviewed before. That, unfortunatley for you guys, isn't always having it for an instant, but often who comes out of the scrum.

I will say this. I think this whole reffing staff should be taken to task for the entire game that they called, not just the fumble. There were so many plays that needed review and clarification that I think they just plain sucked.