PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Packers!

DoubleDown11
11-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Next time the NFL won't screw us with crappy refs, a Packer bye week, and a Monday night game beforehand.

Seriously, great effort by the Vikings! I think Christmas Eve will be a different story!

And to all the Packer fans Piling on, give me a break we were without our best Player!

NeoVikesTX
11-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Two weeks in a row, our Vikings team showed a lot of heart. Coming back from 2 touchdowns, we made a game of it and only lost on a last second field goal and two quality football teams.

Well, good news is the hardest part of our schedule is behind us. Now we need to start a new winning streak and kick some ass!

PhxFan
11-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Go Vikes!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/happy/viking.gif

poult
11-14-2004, 07:02 PM
im gonna be at that xmas eve game, and we will beat the ass packers, and at that point in the season that game could mean the diffrence between who has the division.

Toss2Moss84
11-14-2004, 07:05 PM
I can't wait for Carrol to get his first glimpse of Moss. Sure he can hold Burleson all night long and still get toasted. I can only imagine what damage Moss is gonna do to him.

Packerguy
11-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Gutsy game viking fans. I was pretty pissed when the vikes came storming back.

Both teams will have trouble doing much in the playoffs assuming one or both make it with the defenses they field.

Never assume just because moss will be back that u win next time either. U very well may but Its not like greenbay isnt able to put up some serious points either. U guys even won the turnover battle today and still lost.

This is not smack talk its just talk. I could talk smack but it seems sensless since u guys could get the last laugh yet.

NeoVikesTX
11-14-2004, 07:31 PM
Good, honest post Packerguy. I'm proud of you, maybe you could teach this to some of the Packer fans in here acting like they just won the Superbowl.

LosAngelis
11-14-2004, 08:17 PM
I think its senseless and classless to talk any smack. The Packers won. That's enough crap to be taken by the people on this board as it is, and Packer fans would be all indignant if Viking fans came on their board to rub it in.

We got the W, Packer fans. Let it rest.

scorptile
11-14-2004, 08:27 PM
as i see it tonight that game without moss is a great sign..shows that in two games that the vikings dont need moss...free up cap space for defense...i personally think yes moss is a great reciever (when he wants to play) but his cocky attitude hurt the vikings more then it helps them...can you imagine how good the vikings would be without him at all?? heck im a colts fan and i think the vikings are way better without moss then with him.... 8)

NeoVikesTX
11-14-2004, 08:28 PM
"scorptile" wrote:

as i see it tonight that game without moss is a great sign..shows that in two games that the vikings dont need moss...free up cap space for defense...i personally think yes moss is a great reciever (when he wants to play) but his cocky attitude hurt the vikings more then it helps them...can you imagine how good the vikings would be without him at all?? heck im a colts fan and i think the vikings are way better without moss then with him.... 8)

Please keep your ridiculous opinions to yourself. Thanks.

shockzilla
11-14-2004, 08:29 PM
THANK YOU LOS - YOU'RE A CREDIT TO PACKERDOM! You other Packer band-wagon-jumpers could learn a thing or two about being classy during a win from this guy! Glad to have you here, Los - even though you're not a Viking Fan (and that's debateable :-)), you really keep us Purple fans on the ground!

Shock

VikingsTw
11-14-2004, 08:31 PM
Are you OK upstairs because what you just said was the stupidist thing i have yet to hear today even with the rats posting on the board today.

We are young on defenses, I'm not ready to bail on our players yet. I am willing to give them some more time to gail as a unit and get a grasp on the defensive scheme. If your teams ever gets anything as specail as moss you should never let him get away.

scorptile
11-14-2004, 08:32 PM
well it is true...think about it...a few years back when all it was....was tice going lets pass to moss 40 percent of the time..then the vikings were just down right horrible that season cause of it....then moss sayin he will only play when he wants to and they were horrible that season as well...they depend on that WR way too much....if the vikings have faith in this team for a SB they have to start lookin at culpepper to lead this team not moss...moss controls what the vikings does...when he is playing...it is the truth and everyone that has watched the vikings for years know it...

VikingsTw
11-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Props to what Los said, real fans either stay on there own board or come back after a win and have some respect for others on the site.

I solute your comments LOS! :salute:

VikingsTw
11-14-2004, 08:38 PM
"scorptile" wrote:

well it is true...think about it...a few years back when all it was....was tice going lets pass to moss 40 percent of the time..then the vikings were just down right horrible that season cause of it....then moss sayin he will only play when he wants to and they were horrible that season as well...they depend on that WR way too much....if the vikings have faith in this team for a SB they have to start lookin at culpepper to lead this team not moss...moss controls what the vikings does...when he is playing...it is the truth and everyone that has watched the vikings for years know it...

You said it all right there buddy, a few years back. Teams win superbowls every year without having to trade there offensive all stars for defensive players. DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT. We are doin a great job of starting to build a defense. Come back three years later when we still have moss and our defense players have become veterans.

Hell maybe you should trade Manning to get some defensive players. He's hoging alot of cap.

XTAP59
11-14-2004, 08:40 PM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

Next time the NFL won't screw us with crappy refs, a Packer bye week, and a Monday night game beforehand.

Seriously, great effort by the Vikings! I think Christmas Eve will be a different story!

And to all the Packer fans Piling on, give me a break we were without our best Player!

Not just our best player. The NFL's best player.

ItalianStallion
11-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Moss is the best player on this team, period.

The reffing was pretty bad tonight though, and I am not just bitching. Both teams got some breaks with the calls, but we got seriously screwed when it counted most on that fumble by Ferguson. Never at any point did it look like the Packers recovered.

Still a loss is a loss, and I am still pissed despite the fact that it was a helluva game.

hovan
11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

It better be a Viking win...or else Christmas is going to suck.

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 01:15 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

"scorptile" wrote:

You said it all right there buddy, a few years back. Teams win superbowls every year without having to trade there offensive all stars for defensive players. DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT. We are doin a great job of starting to build a defense. Come back three years later when we still have moss and our defense players have become veterans.

Hell maybe you should trade Manning to get some defensive players. He's hoging alot of cap.

I agree...scorp, you should look in your own backyard before offering us advice...Manning's cap number will cripple you guys as long as he is there...he is a great QB but you guys will not be able to afford any players on defense as long as his contract counts so much against the cap.

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 01:17 AM
"Toss2Moss84" wrote:

I can't wait for Carrol to get his first glimpse of Moss. Sure he can hold Burleson all night long and still get toasted. I can only imagine what damage Moss is gonna do to him.

Carroll lived up to his nickname today...no, not Batman, Roasted Chicken...he is going to be Burnt Chicken after he runs into Moss on Christmas Eve. :bootyshake:

Packerguy
11-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Carroll lived up to his nickname today...no, not Batman, Roasted Chicken...he is going to be Burnt Chicken after he runs into Moss on Christmas

There is not a corner in the league that can cover a healthy moss one on one. I wouldnt expect the packers to leave him out there alone.

Carroll will end up being a solid corner. If I were u cajun i would worry about your own defense giving up big plays to javon walker or allowing a pathetic 5.9 yards per carry.

There is alot of season left and I have never come on this forum and bragged about how great the packers are. I am surprised how fricken cocky u guys are still when the bottom line is u guys have a heck of a losing streak going.

Why dont u worry about what u will do the next game and if u can stop the bleeding instead of defiantly bragging about how your going to kick the packers asses next game. ITs hard to take u too serious when your not even acknowledging your present reality and state of your favorite football team

purplehorn
11-15-2004, 08:12 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

The reffing was pretty bad tonight though, .

That was the worst job I've seen in years. Since when can't
they review who recovered a fumble.

Packerguy
11-15-2004, 09:01 AM
That was the worst job I've seen in years. Since when can't
they review who recovered a fumble.

I am seriously going to try to speak unbiased here despite being a diehard packer fan.

1. It appeared to me that fisher recovered his own fumble in the endzone before any viking got possession. If that is what the ref saw I dont see how there can be much of a bitch session.

2. ON the kickoff fumble near the end it appeared a viking had the best chance at the recovery and may have had possession but even replay would have been inconclusive. Then of course it was a hogpile and a packer came away with the ball. ONce again, Maybe it was a bad break for the vikings but I dont see it being some gift wrapped call for the packers.

3. I thought NIck Luchey clearly had the first down( and no the play was not whistled dead) but replay was inconclusive basically because u really could not see the ball even though the ball was spotted basically where his butt was. A break for the vikings but not gift wrapped or anything.

4. Yes the packers got away with some quick holds on your wrs. There is alot of holding everywhere in the game.......maybe the packers got away with more but If u or your coach blames the loss on this then u truly will be a sad football team the rest of the year.

I would say this about both teams..............If u cant play some good defense once in awhile then dont expect to be very successful

cajunvike
11-15-2004, 10:21 AM
"Packerguy" wrote:

Carroll lived up to his nickname today...no, not Batman, Roasted Chicken...he is going to be Burnt Chicken after he runs into Moss on Christmas

There is not a corner in the league that can cover a healthy moss one on one. I wouldnt expect the packers to leave him out there alone.

Carroll will end up being a solid corner. If I were u cajun i would worry about your own defense giving up big plays to javon walker or allowing a pathetic 5.9 yards per carry.

There is alot of season left and I have never come on this forum and bragged about how great the packers are. I am surprised how fricken cocky u guys are still when the bottom line is u guys have a heck of a losing streak going.

Why dont u worry about what u will do the next game and if u can stop the bleeding instead of defiantly bragging about how your going to kick the packers asses next game. ITs hard to take u too serious when your not even acknowledging your present reality and state of your favorite football team

If you had been around at the beginning of the season, you would know that Carroll was being heralded as the second coming of Deion Sanders...so we are gonna smack his a$$ as long as he is struggling. I will admit that he has the TOOLS to be good, but so far he hasn't shown me much...so I will continue to slam his a$$ until he does.

As far as Walker is concerned, what did he do yesterday after he caught that 50-yarder...from what I saw, not much else. Kelly Campbell could do that on any given Sunday...Walker certainly didn't have some super game yesterday, just one great play...it takes a little more to impress me than that!