PDA

View Full Version : Vikings New Intro?

Vikes316
08-21-2007, 04:40 AM
At the pre season opener against the rams, the vikes came out of the tunnel to not only a new video playing on the screen but a new entrance theme the "Immigrant Song"
(as alot of you already know). I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on it and if its a permanent change.

I for one was not a big fan of it mainly because I loved our old entrance theme so much, and the immigrant
song didnt seem to go over well with the crowd it seemed. anyways ill shut up and leave you with a SKOL Vikes!!!

Webby
08-21-2007, 04:50 AM
"Vikes316" wrote:

At the pre season opener against the rams, the vikes came out of the tunnel to not only a new video playing on the screen but a new entrance theme the "Immigrant Song"
(as alot of you already know). I just wanted to know everyones thoughts on it and if its a permanent change.

I for one was not a big fan of it mainly because I loved our old entrance theme so much, and the immigrant
song didnt seem to go over well with the crowd it seemed. anyways ill shut up and leave you with a SKOL Vikes!!!

huh????

You preferred the Bring in the Horns?!

I still
like the original.

digital420
08-21-2007, 05:14 AM
i still luv the loud Arse horn blow they do..

reminds me of bein a kid!!

DiGiTaL

ultravikingfan
08-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Bring the Horns was so lamo.

singersp
08-21-2007, 08:39 AM
"Vikes316" wrote:

I think you are confused. The immigrant song has been used for years & is not new. Bring in the horns is the newer one & sucks more than Monica Lewinski.

Zeus
08-21-2007, 08:41 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"Vikes316" wrote:

huh????

You preferred the Bring in the Horns?!

I still
like the original.

Bring in Da Hornz was not played when the Vikings were introduced.

As to "Immigrant Song" and the new entrance, it was the first pre-season game, so it was pre-season for all of the changes being made to the home-game experience.

Does anyone remember last year?
First pre-season game and they had replaced the Norseman on the 50-yard-line with that script "MV" that the Wilf's seem to love so much.
By the next pre-season game, that was gone and the Norseman was back.

=Z=

singersp
08-21-2007, 08:43 AM
FYI, this is the Immigrant Song;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApxnAr6pRt0

And this is Bring In the Horns;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oV2jIT8X1g

COJOMAY
08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't like "rap" at all so "Bring In The Horns" sure isn't my favorite.

cogitans
08-21-2007, 08:54 AM
"singersp" wrote:

That should be a no contest. Bring In the Horns sucks

Zeus
08-21-2007, 08:56 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

That should be a no contest. Bring In the Horns sucks

The best part of "Bring in da Hornz" was that the Vikings management apparently didn't listen to the second verse, which, as I recall, has some rather blue lyrics.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
I am sorry, but if somebody like Brings the Horns over the Immigrant Song...well... you probably road the short school bus and were in the class that never changed.

singersp
08-21-2007, 09:07 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am sorry, but if somebody like Brings the Horns over the Immigrant Song...well... you probably road the short school bus and were in the class that never changed.

http://www.windowlickers.com/merch/sbwlbadge.gif

Prophet
08-21-2007, 09:11 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

It must have been nice when you finally got to drive.

ultravikingfan
08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
"singersp" wrote:

I hate youtube when you can use something where the quality was not reduced.

http://www.dennyweb.com/viking_kittens.htm

BadlandsVikings
08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Bring In the Horns sucks, it's just one big mess.

BloodyHorns82
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
My suburban white brother in law has made better raps than that with his friends on their computers...no joke.

NodakPaul
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes316" wrote:

I think you are confused. The immigrant song has been used for years & is not new. Bring in the horns is the newer one & sucks more than Monica Lewinski.

He isn't confused.
Bring in da horns was last year's warm up song.
It was played during pregame and during breaks, not during introductions.
The video introduction was the Vikings ship coming out of the sky and crossing the Twin Cities into the metrodome.
At the rams game, this video intro was replaced with one that featured player shots and the Immigrant song.
Only the music wasn't loud enough, the video was out of sync, and nobody in the tunnel knew when to come out.
Overall it sucked.

I am willing to give it another chance at the Aug 30 game (as if I have a say in it).
I hope they get it together this time... :)

BloodyHorns82
08-21-2007, 09:56 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes316" wrote:

He isn't confused.
The video introduction was the Vikings ship coming out of the sky and crossing the Twin Cities into the metrodome.
At the rams game, this video intro was replaced with one that featured player shots and the Immigrant song.
Only the music wasn't loud enough, the video was out of sync, and nobody in the tunnel knew when to come out.
Overall it sucked.

I am willing to give it another chance at the Aug 30 game (as if I have a say in it).

That is part of what the pre-season is for... Getting the player intros down.
:)

NDVikingFan66
08-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, hopefully we can get the intros down....that is very important.
Sets the tone for the game.
Good intros, with everyone fired up. leads to pumpled up crowds.

The team should even take a couple of practice runs through the whole thing, without the crowd.

singersp
08-22-2007, 12:03 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes316" wrote:

He isn't confused.
Overall it sucked.

That's what I was trying to say in a sense. I was trying to say before last year or last year & 2005, the immigrant song was used & years prior to that, so the immigrant song isn't "new" (to us Vikings fans) as he said. Yes, last year was B.I.T.H., but then they went back to the immigrant song this year. So it was only on a 1-2 year hiatus.

BloodyHorns82
08-22-2007, 12:06 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes316" wrote:

He isn't confused.
Overall it sucked.

That's what I was trying to say in a sense. I was trying to say before last year or last year & 2005, the immigrant song was used & years prior to that, so the immigrant song isn't "new" (to us Vikings fans) as he said. Yes, last year was B.I.T.H., but then they went back to the immigrant song this year. So it was only on a 1-2 year hiatus.

Are we sure they are evening canceling B.I.T.H?

SKOL
08-22-2007, 12:21 AM
The Immigrant song was fine.

What irked me was that the Rams offensive starters were introduced but none of our players were individually introduced.

BloodyHorns82
08-22-2007, 12:23 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

What irked me was that the Rams offensive starters were introduced but none of our players were individually introduced.

Really? None of our players were introduced?
I wonder who dropped the ball on that one.

SKOL
08-22-2007, 12:50 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

It was strange.
They introduced the Rams offense, then the music ramped up, and the whole team ran out of the ship, with no individual introductions.
It seemed like it was planned that way.
??

so-cal vike
08-22-2007, 12:59 AM
I may be a little late in this conversation and I didn't see the intros but I like the idea of no individual introductions.
It's a team sport and the team should be introduced as a whole.

No one player is above the team.

SKOL!!!

gregair13
08-22-2007, 01:13 AM
nothing wrong with led zeppelin. and that is one of the best songs of all time. why not use it

singersp
08-22-2007, 05:39 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

It was strange.
They introduced the Rams offense, then the music ramped up, and the whole team ran out of the ship, with no individual introductions.
It seemed like it was planned that way.
??

No one dropped the ball. It was & it has been that way for almost 2 years.

They quit introducing individual Vikings players since the week or 2nd week after the Love Boat incident happened, for fear that certain players would be singled out & booed before the investigation was complete.

And rightfully so. If you recall, there were some players names that Attorney Doyle tossed out there, that weren't even involved or on either of the boats.

Zeus
08-22-2007, 08:55 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

The teams decide if they want to have players introduced or not.
The Vikings have chosen NOT to introduce individual players.
The Rams chose to introduce their players - but did you also notice that the announcer blazed through the intros and was finished with the entire Rams starting offense before their O-Line had even emerged from the tunnel?

=Z=

singersp
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

The Rams chose to introduce their players - but did you also notice that the announcer blazed through the intros and was finished with the entire Rams starting offense before their O-Line had even emerged from the tunnel?

=Z=

Ever since the Love Boat incident.

Zeus
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Ever since the Love Boat incident.

Yeah - I saw what you posted further down after I replied.
I would think, however, that continuing that "tradition" into last season and this season was less about Al & Alma's Wild Ride than emphasizing team over individuals.

=Z=

Marrdro
08-22-2007, 11:15 AM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

The team should even take a couple of practice runs through the whole thing, without the crowd.

It sure aint the intro's thats gonna have me pumped up on the 9th my friend.
:o
;D

BloodyHorns82
08-22-2007, 11:21 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

It would be hilarious (and somewhat concerning) if the Vikings actually practiced making runs down the tunnel.

NodakPaul
08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

It would be hilarious (and somewhat concerning) if the Vikings actually practiced making runs down the tunnel.

I don't know if the team needs to practice, but they definately need to all get on the same page.
After the music stopped, nothing happened.
No fireworks, no introductions.
Then Ragnar came riding out of the tunnel by himself.
Then a full 30 seconds passed before the PA introduced the team and they came running out.
Then the fireworks didn't go off until half of the team was already out.

It was pathetic.

I realize there is a lot more to get pumped up other than the intro, but it really does set the tone for the fans.
I think they need to do a better job.

singersp
08-22-2007, 07:25 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

:o :o I think you'd be doing everyone a favor if you left that thing at home, Marrdro!

http://www.chistesmuybuenos.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/9c_1_b.JPG

Marrdro
08-22-2007, 07:26 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

:o :o I think you'd be doing everyone a favor if you left that thing at home, Marrdro!

Did I ever tell you that you crack me up my friend?
;D

singersp
08-22-2007, 07:29 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

;D

You ought to see me when I'm on a roll.

Marrdro
08-22-2007, 07:33 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

;D

;D

Wildwoman says that thing isn't needed.
Only one thing could get her to marry a 5'9" 225lbs, slightly going bald, crooked teeth and glasses sailor.
;D

singersp
08-22-2007, 07:37 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

Only one thing could get her to marry a 5'9" 225lbs, slightly going bald, crooked teeth and glasses sailor.

;D

Well which one is it?.............The money or the fishing boat?

Don't keep us in suspense.
:-

Marrdro
08-22-2007, 07:39 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

Well which one is it?.............The money or the fishing boat?

Don't keep us in suspense.
:-\

Broke Navy Sailor.
No boat in the drive at that time.

;D

Purple Floyd
08-22-2007, 09:23 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

Wildwoman says that thing isn't needed. Only one thing could get her to marry a 5'9" 225lbs, slightly going bald, crooked teeth and glasses sailor.
;D

The health plan

singersp
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;D

;D

Wildwoman says that thing isn't needed. Only one thing could get her to marry a 5'9" 225lbs, slightly going bald, crooked teeth and glasses sailor.
;D

The health plan

No, he's low maintenance. Give him some food, cheap beer, a TV set, a fishing pole & a place to sleep & he's happy.

MaxVike
08-22-2007, 10:31 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

The health plan

No, he's low maintenance. Give him some food, cheap beer, a TV set, a fishing pole & a place to sleep & he's happy.

Cool...hey, does that thing work? :-[

BloodyHorns82
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

The health plan

Why, you need one? My grandma has a great line on some refurbished units.

singersp
08-22-2007, 10:45 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"MaxVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

The health plan

Why, you need one? My grandma has a great line on some refurbished units.

Ummm......It's not a breast pump.

Purple Floyd
08-22-2007, 10:50 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

Let me guess, Every night you hand it to her and tell her it's time to check your blood pressure again.

Caine
08-23-2007, 05:05 AM
I'm sensing a "You had me at Hello" moment here....not sure I want to be around when it arrives.

Caine

Marrdro
08-23-2007, 07:41 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;D

;D

;D

Let me guess, Every night you hand it to her and tell her it's time to check your blood pressure again.

All this and a paycheck to. What more can a man ask for.
You guys/gals crack me up.
;D

BadlandsVikings
08-23-2007, 10:49 AM
"Caine" wrote:

I'm sensing a "You had me at Hello" moment here....not sure I want to be around when it arrives.

Caine

LOL, Yeah, this thread is getting a little "special"