PDA

View Full Version : Vikings stay patient waiting for Evans

cogitans
08-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Vikings stay patient waiting for Evans (http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1373601.html)

The team's newest defensive tackle is clearing up legal matters before coming back to practice.

By Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

COJOMAY
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM
NFL suspends Evans for two games
Kevin Seifert - Star Tribune

Vikings DT Fred Evans has been suspended for two games under the NFL’s personal conduct policy, punishment for a pair of offseason arrests that occurred before he signed with the team. The suspension is unpaid, meaning Evans will also forfeit two game checks for a total of $42,352.94.

Evans will be ineligible to play Sunday against the Detroit Lions and Dec. 9 against the San Francisco 49ers. The penalty is the result of an appeal process that recently concluded.

Evans, a 7th-round draft pick of the Miami Dolphins in 2006, had two offseason incidents. The first was in May, when he was arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession in Colorado County, Texas. Evans eventually was sentenced to three days in jail and fined $2,000 for violating probation as a result of that incident.

Less than two months later, Evans was arrested in Miami Beach, Fla., after a scuffle with police. He paid $1,310 in fines and was sentenced to two years of deferred adjudication.

The Dolphins released Evans before training camp, and the Vikings signed him Aug. 12. He has five tackles in eight games this season, serving mostly as a backup to nose tackle Pat Williams.

DustinDupont
11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
ive really liked the way he has played but doesnt really hurt that much

Prophet
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
That will the Vikings some Turd Pts.

Marrdro
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I think this was anticipated.

Lets hope he learned his leason and is a model citizen from now on.
::)

NodakPaul
11-27-2007, 06:05 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

That will the Vikings some Turd Pts.

Is it our turd points, or the Dolphins?
He committed the acts while on the Dolphins.

NodakPaul
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Actually never mind.
I think we already got the turd watch points applied when we signed him.

gabe_menendez
11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
How was that a turd move to get him? He does a nice job taking up the double team, he dont leave his lb out to dry to go get tackkes, stop looking at stats and look at the game.

NodakPaul
11-27-2007, 07:28 PM
"gabe_menendez" wrote:

How was that a turd move to get him? He does a nice job taking up the double team, he dont leave his lb out to dry to go get tackkes, stop looking at stats and look at the game.

It wasn't a bad move to pick him up.

We are referring to the turd watch the PFT posts.
They have a point system for every time an NFL player gets arrested or convicted of different crimes.
When we signed Evans, we inherited his turd watch points because the Dolphins released him before any conviction (they got the arrest points though).

Check it out:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/turdwatch.htm

gabe_menendez
11-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Thanks you for explaining that! Appreciate it, I was like what?

Garland Greene
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Wo I am curious to find out if people think he deserves to die as well? Not trying to sound mean but Ihave been reading and hearing about all day people thinking Taylor got what was to be expected and in some cases deserved. Not saying this is the case at all for Fred but when you put into perspectibve how idiotic some people belive this. Hopefully it puts things into perspective.

Prophet
11-28-2007, 07:13 AM
"Garland" wrote:

Wo I am curious to find out if people think he deserves to die as well? Not trying to sound mean but Ihave been reading and hearing about all day people thinking Taylor got what was to be expected and in some cases deserved. Not saying this is the case at all for Fred but when you put into perspectibve how idiotic some people belive this. Hopefully it puts things into perspective.

lol, did anyone say he deserved to die?
I think some said they weren't surprised based on his past and the folks he chose to hang out with.
There's a big difference between that and saying he deserved to die.

PurpleTide
11-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Fred has been a model citezen since coming to the Vikings. He will be needed down the stretch as he really is playing well behind Pat and Kevin. He gets a great push and is quick off the ball.

I think we got a deal when we picked him up.