PDA

View Full Version : The Secret of Robison's Success

singersp
08-20-2007, 11:01 PM
VIKINGS: The Secret of Robison's Success (http://kstp.com/article/stories/S171789.shtml?cat=7)

Posted at: 08/20/2007 01:32:08 PM
Updated at: 08/20/2007 02:00:27 PM

By: Ryan Kibbe
kstp.com

An impressive stat sheet for Vikings defensive end Brian Robison after two NFL pre-season games. Eight tackles, two sacks, one fumble recovery for a touchdown, and a flurry of hurries.....

damien927
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
he does seem like he is in on every play, and that is great, but remember this is the preseason.
I think he will be very good in a year or two, but will probably only show flashes of his potential throughout the season.

huxx
08-20-2007, 11:52 PM
"damien927" wrote:

he does seem like he is in on every play, and that is great, but remember this is the preseason.
I think he will be very good in a year or two, but will probably only show flashes of his potential throughout the season.

I'll take the flashes...that might be the only chance he gets with a lot of talent on the line.
He looks really good in purple though...

Mr Anderson
08-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I've been praising him since before the draft.

I've been following his track and field career for quite some time, so I knew him from that. He's really explosive, explosive enough to propel a 16pound ball of steel nearly 70 feet.

I'm pumped to see him on passing downs gunning for the QB.

VikingsTw
08-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I've been really intristed in this guy since i read the offseason article about him being such an athletic guy and a multi sport winner.

It will be intristing to see how good he gets, I think he will be really good he's got an oportunity to focus soley on football. If he can start to come off the ball quicker him and Ray Ray could be serious issues for opposing offenses and making a lot of plays happen in the secondary.

douginc
08-21-2007, 02:54 AM
"Mr" wrote:

I've been following his track and field career for quite some time, so I knew him from that. He's really explosive, explosive enough to propel a 16pound ball of steel nearly 70 feet.

:o :o

The farthest I EVER threw was around 45 feet in high school, and I thought I was MF Hercules after that!

Robison is a complete 100% amazing pick up in the draft.
As soon as I read all the things scouts and former coaches were saying, I knew we made a hell of a pickup when we traded up for him.

DaVizzles
08-21-2007, 03:35 AM
Robison is this yrs Mark Anderson ;D :D ;) :)

just kidding he wont be quite as good but i bet he will get 5-7 sacks

singersp
08-21-2007, 06:00 AM
"douginc" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

The farthest I EVER threw was around 45 feet in high school, and I thought I was MF Hercules after that!

As soon as I read all the things scouts and former coaches were saying, I knew we made a hell of a pickup when we traded up for him.

I'm lucky if I can throw it far enough to prevent breaking my toes.

PurpleTide
08-21-2007, 06:45 AM
He's gonna be giving many opposing QB's a massage on the way to a turf salad.

Mr Anderson
08-21-2007, 02:54 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

And in HS its a 12 pound shot.

I threw about 50 feet, btw.

cajunvike
08-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Go B-Rob!!!
We just may end up with a pretty decent pass rush after all...not from our first rounders, but from a pair of mid rounders who have a whole lot more WANT then the guys taken higher!

Marrdro
08-21-2007, 03:13 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"douginc" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

I'm lucky if I can throw it far enough to prevent breaking my toes.

Thats a heck of a throw.

I'd only try something like that now if I was drunk and Wildwoman keeps on eye on me so that my toes stay safe.
;D

jargomcfargo
08-21-2007, 03:38 PM
"Mr" wrote:

That combination of light weight speed with explosive strength has me stoked as well. And I don't think it will take 2 to 3 years to shine. This guy is hungry!

cajunvike
08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

That combination of light weight speed with explosive strength has me stoked as well. And I don't think it will take 2 to 3 years to shine. This guy is hungry!

Well then, let's feed him some opposing QBs!!!
;)

BloodyHorns82
08-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm excited about him too.
Third downs on D are going to be a lot more exiting with him in the mix.

jmcdon00
08-21-2007, 03:52 PM
With Robison's success and James coming back I am really getting excited about this defense. I think keeping guys fresh by subbing them in and out is going to be very successful for the vikings.

Frazier also indicated today that defensive end Erasmus James will probably suit up and play against the Seahawks on Saturday. James missed most of the 2006 season with a knee injury. This will be James' first pre-season appearance.
sweeeeeeet! I can't wait to see what he can do.

douginc
08-21-2007, 04:11 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"douginc" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

And in HS its a 12 pound shot.

I threw about 50 feet, btw.

Uh, in my small town where I lived in Iowa, we used whatever we had on hand for our track and field.
The ball was ancient (probably made by the Mayans) and it weighed probably around only 10 lbs. or less.
So, 50 ft. at 12 pounds is amazing.
70 feet at 16
seems damn near unreal.

MetalMike-LoudVike
08-21-2007, 04:47 PM
I was guessing it was calgon. Now it looks like this guy is gonna be the absolute steal of all our picks.

Marrdro
08-21-2007, 05:37 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

With Robison's success and James coming back I am really getting excited about this defense. I think keeping guys fresh by subbing them in and out is going to be very successful for the vikings.

Frazier also indicated today that defensive end Erasmus James will probably suit up and play against the Seahawks on Saturday. James missed most of the 2006 season with a knee injury. This will be James' first pre-season appearance.

Hmmmmmmm, did we forget someone else who will/should factor into this discussion?
::)

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/33/332647.jpg

jargomcfargo
08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Hmmmmmmm, did we forget someone else who will/should factor into this discussion?

Isn't that the beauty of this thing. You have a rotation of beasts at defensive end this year. One injury should not be near as detrimental as it appeared to be, last year.
We all miss the great Viking pass rushers of the past. I'm not saying anyone is great yet. But I'm confident we will see some pressure on the opposing QB's this year.

Marrdro
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Isn't that the beauty of this thing. You have a rotation of beasts at defensive end this year. One injury should not be near as detrimental as it appeared to be, last year.We all miss the great Viking pass rushers of the past. I'm not saying anyone is great yet. But I'm confident we will see some pressure on the opposing QB's this year.

I believe you have seen the light.

Next years draft will even add to that depth.
The future is bright and it is nearer than some may think.

Skol Vikings! Let's win this game
Skol Vikings! Honor your name.
Go get that first down
Then get a touchdown
Rock 'em, sock 'em, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT! FIGHT!
Go Vikings, run out the score, you'll hear us yell for more!
V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol Vikings, let's go!

jmcdon00
08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Isn't that the beauty of this thing. You have a rotation of beasts at defensive end this year. One injury should not be near as detrimental as it appeared to be, last year.We all miss the great Viking pass rushers of the past. I'm not saying anyone is great yet. But I'm confident we will see some pressure on the opposing QB's this year.

Go get that first down
Then get a touchdown
V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol Vikings, let's go!

I like that song way better when there are cheer leaders involved.

MaxVike
08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Fellas, I watched Mr Robison shred Nebraska on a couple of occassions.
The kid can flat out PLAY!
I don't know what his secret is, but, I can tell you that he reminded me of John Randle when he was at Texas due to the fact that he has a non-stop motor and a love for the game...of course, I realize they play different positions, but I think you get the jist of what I mean.

Whether he starts or not, he will contribute to the Team's success because he will do whatever is asked of him.
I'm still not sure why he graded out for the draft where he did, that doesn't matter now.
This guy is a player we can be proud to call a VIKING.

cajunvike
08-21-2007, 06:17 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"jmcdon00" wrote:

Go get that first down
Then get a touchdown
V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol Vikings, let's go!

I like that song way better when there are cheer leaders involved.

What man doesn't?
Oh yeah...those *** Puker fans!
Nevermind.
8) ;)

cajunvike
08-21-2007, 06:22 PM
"MaxVike" wrote:

Fellas, I watched Mr Robison shred Nebraska on a couple of occassions.
The kid can flat out PLAY!
I don't know what his secret is, but, I can tell you that he reminded me of John Randle when he was at Texas due to the fact that he has a non-stop motor and a love for the game...of course, I realize they play different positions, but I think you get the jist of what I mean.

Whether he starts or not, he will contribute to the Team's success because he will do whatever is asked of him.
I'm still not sure why he graded out for the draft where he did, that doesn't matter now.
This guy is a player we can be proud to call a VIKING.

Because he was considered a 'tweener...God how I hate that term...either you are a player or you aren't.
Look at Zach Thomas...classic 'tweener...leads the league in tackles almost perennially.
I think that Rufus Alexander can be that same type of player eventually.
Robison definitely fits that mold...and we will be laughing all day long as he keeps getting to the QB...over and over again!
;)