PDA

View Full Version : If the circumstances were different

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 11:25 AM
On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes.

We have a stud line and at least one proven RB with another highly explosive back in the making (barring he stays healthy).

Good post.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 11:31 AM
good call, the lines are good.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 11:34 AM
"purplepeopleeaters2" wrote:

On the way to work this morning I was thinking while listening to mike and mike, how good would our team be if we could(hypatheticaly) implant an all-pro qb and all-pro reciever on our team, is the rest of our team good enough to support all star players and possibly go to the playoffs, what do you think? and if so how good do you think we could be?

Well....I guess that depends on what you mean by "all-pro QB".
I think you could put Peyton Manning on most any team and that team would win more games than they would w/out him.
Tony Romo made the Pro Bowl last year, but I don't think I can say the same about putting Romo behind center on any team.

If the world were Madden and The Pentagon of Power in charge of the Vikings could get, say, Carson Palmer at QB and Chad Johnson at WR, then, yes, I think the Vikings have enough talent at RB, OL and on Defense to go deep into the playoffs.

=Z=

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 11:42 AM
ya i know its not a madden world unfortunately, by all pro i mean a top ten qb, and just to add(reminding you im not a hater, i back up the vikings all the way) but why is it that we went the route we did, as a fan its frustrating but i understand.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 11:47 AM
What makes a good QB?

Does he have to be an all-pro?

I don't think the WR is going to be important just so long as the ones we got are running routes, getting open and catching the ball to move the chains.

So that brings it back to our QB.....

He doesn't have to be an all pro, just look at da'Bears.
He needs to make good decisions in an efficient offense.
The offense doesn't have to be explosive, it helps, but it doesn't have to be.
Another example is the Dilfer led Ravens.

Above average Run Game + Great Defense will get you wins and definitely to the playoffs.
The Vikes need to prove themselves with a pass rush equating to some sacks.
It would help if we can get better coverage downfield to help get a few coverage sacks.
With that said, the pass defense in the secondary also needs to be better otherwise we are just a great run defense and not a great defense.

Back to the original question, yes a above average QB and WR would help us a lot, but we have chosen the route of rebuilding Chilly's team.

Ponder this:

Does Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson make us a better team?
IMHO, it makes us better on offense, but it still comes down to the questions on D?
Chad and Carson would put more points on the board that we were lacking last year.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

What makes a good QB?

I don't think the WR is going to be important just so long as the ones we got are running routes, getting open and catching the ball to move the chains.

Above average Run Game + Great Defense will get you wins and definitely to the playoffs.
It would help if we can get better coverage downfield to help get a few coverage sacks.
With that said, the pass defense in the secondary also needs to be better otherwise we are just a great run defense and not a great defense.

Back to the original question, yes a above average QB and WR would help us a lot, but we have chosen the route of rebuilding Chilly's team.

Ponder this:

IMHO, it makes us better on offense, but it still comes down to the questions on D?
Chad and Carson would put more points on the board that we were lacking last year.

good call

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

What makes a good QB?

Ponder this:

Great question and an excellent answer.
;D

By the way, this isn't just the Chillers team.
:o

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

What makes a good QB?

Ponder this:

;D

ya its our team to man i just hope they consider us in their decisions

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 11:57 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I only say that becasue he made some comment like that when he was hired on as HC.

He wanted to put his identity on the team.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 11:58 AM

"Marrdro" wrote:

You know what - I hope they DON'T consider us in their decisions, other than the general responsibility to win for the fans.

Why?

Because, as much as I know about football (and that's plenty), even the lowliest assistant coach in charge of wiping footballs knows tons more about the game than I do.
They are in the position to know what players best fit the system that has been implemented - I can only judge from my limited knowledge what appears to be the case.

Making decisions for the fans is a step down the road to chaos, IMHO.

=Z=

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 12:00 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I only say that becasue he made some comment like that when he was hired on as HC.

I'm with ya now.
Just wanted to make sure that if any local sports hacks were out there sniffing about, they would get it that there are a few of us out here who consider them our team as well.

Keep on keepin on Snoman.

;D

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 12:02 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

You know what - I hope they DON'T consider us in their decisions, other than the general responsibility to win for the fans.

Why?

Because, as much as I know about football (and that's plenty), even the lowliest assistant coach in charge of wiping footballs knows tons more about the game than I do.
They are in the position to know what players best fit the system that has been implemented - I can only judge from my limited knowledge what appears to be the case.

Making decisions for the fans is a step down the road to chaos, IMHO.

=Z=

Man.
Leave it to one troll to pop his head in and everybody puts on his A game today.
Another excellent post.
;D

VKG4LFE
08-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree, put Manning and Holt on our team, we are superbowl bound.

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

I don't understand the what-iffing here.

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

This team is the best we're going to get this year, so we need to accept that.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:09 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I'm with ya now.
Just wanted to make sure that if any local sports hacks were out there sniffing about, they would get it that there are a few of us out here who consider them our team as well.

;D

BTW, from the intro as Chilly as the HC, he knew he was going to get rid of DC (daunte). He made some comment about how he had watched DC and McNugget when they were considering them in the draft.
I could tell that he wasn't impressed with DC, even though he was trying to say a bunch of positives about him.
The tell was when he slipped and almost said he didn't compare to McNugget.
Then he went on an immediate tangent about DCs positves which were still second to McNugget, insert foot in mouth.

Anyway, point is, he was going to put his mark on our team, excuse me, his team.
LOL!

Spiccolli, don't order pizza on my time!

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

What if superman was our quarterback and Captain America was our MLB and the staff at Sheiks were the cheerleaders and our HC was Dr. Seuss?

You could pretty much say "what if" anything... Come up with some crazy philosophical question to ponder, and get back to me.

It is the same question just posed a different way.

The real question still comes down to where are our weakest links?

You are right, there is nothing we can do about it.
There isn't much that the Vikings Org can do about it either except bring in and take chances on guys like Fred Evans.
Guys that are discounted that might be hidden gems.
The only guys that will make a difference, is the Coaches and Players at this point.

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 12:14 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

I'm with ya now.

;D

BTW, from the intro as Chilly as the HC, he knew he was going to get rid of DC (daunte). He made some comment about how he had watched DC and McNugget when they were considering them in the draft.
I could tell that he wasn't impressed with DC, even though he was trying to say a bunch of positives about him.
The tell was when he slipped and almost said he didn't compare to McNugget.
Then he went on an immediate tangent about DCs positves which were still second to McNugget, insert foot in mouth.

Anyway, point is, he was going to put his mark on our team, excuse me, his team.
LOL!

Spiccolli, don't order pizza on my time!
You are a class act my friend.

As for the Chiller......
Stamp away my fellow balding man.......
I like what you and the rest of the staff are doing.
Its gonna be fun to watch this team grow a bit this year.

;D

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 12:15 PM

We already HAVE implanted those two All-Pros...the rest of the NFL just doesn't know it YET!
;D

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

That statement is not true because of what I said in the previous post.
The fact that the team can get better by the way it plays.
They can also get worse.
Certain areas of the team that were good last year might be bad this year and so on.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 12:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

We already HAVE implanted those two All-Pros...the rest of the NFL just doesn't know it YET!
;D

i hope your right

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

;D

Good point Cajun!

What if Rice and TJ are the future pro bowlers or Thigpen and Allison or TJ and Wade!

What if.........

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 12:25 PM
They can also get worse.
Certain areas of the team that were good last year might be bad this year and so on.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions.

Unfortunately no amount of time and playing together will physically transform any of these guys in to Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.

This "What if" question is not valid, because it's not going to happen, man.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

i understand what your saying was not trying to be too "fantasy world" just trying to guage whether we could(again hypatheticaly)
have a superbowl team with a few tweeks if needed down the road if things dont go as planned. gotta be prepared for the worst, remember what team were talking about

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 12:34 PM

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

i understand what your saying was not trying to be too "fantasy world" just trying to guage whether we could(again hypatheticaly)
have a superbowl team with a few tweeks if needed down the road if things dont go as planned. gotta be prepared for the worst, remember what team were talking about

We are talking about our team.
Highs and Lows be damned.
As I stated earlier today, I have way to much invested in this team to give up on them just cause we have a bunch of talented young kids that need seat time.

Additionally, I now I am about suttle with regard to my opinions of what this team will do this year, however, I am of the mind of Cajun.......

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:43 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

They can also get worse.

Unfortunately no amount of time and playing together will physically transform any of these guys in to Carson Palmer and Ocho Cinco.

This "What if" question is not valid, because it's not going to happen, man.

It is impossible for TJ to be Carson.

It is also impossible for TW to be CJ.

Physically it is impossible.

_________

Personally, what makes a great player seem great, can be attributed to being on the right team, more in football than basketball.
Without a team effort in football, even great players can't succeed on their own.
Bad (physically) players won't even make the team, good player make the team as back ups and starter, and great players definitely start.

TJ doesn't need to be McNabb.

TW may only need to be as good as Fred Mitchell.

What if those things happened?

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 12:45 PM

Then they wouldn't be "all-pros," would they...?

Which would render this question and conversation moot.

I rest my case.

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

I think your initial post was good, but I hope that you do not think that we even be able to go out and an All Pro QB and WR.
How many of those are available during the season, especially a QB?

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
your right highs and lows be damned, sorry its not like im complaining. just wondering, but i also think t jak will blossom, so does most of the sports world. i would like him to be the face of our franchise. i hope he stays and troy can see straight. haha

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM

"cajunvike" wrote:

;D

i hope your right

Me too!
;D

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 12:48 PM

your right highs and lows be damned, sorry its not like im complaining. just wondering, but i also think t jak will blossom, so does most of the sports world. i would like him to be the face of our franchise. i hope he stays and troy can see straight. haha

They do?
Most of what I read and hear is something completely different.
You cannot speak for the rest of the Sports World.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 12:50 PM
well anybody saying that is enough for me, mike greenburgh and the guy he had on this morning did. im not speaking for everyone, just what i heard.

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 12:54 PM

well anybody saying that is enough for me, mike greenburgh and the guy he had on this morning did. im not speaking for everyone, just what i heard.

Bro, you said "so does most of the sports world".
Thats a helluva lot more than you, Greenie, and the guy he had on this morning.

I do not want to see another new member get "run".
I think you got some good stuff here but just be prepared to defend your position.
People here can be brutally honest and some newer members take offense to that and leave.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

They do?

I will make this comment to help out the new guy here.

After the game on Friday the guys on NFLN were not as negative about TJ.
They were hesitant to put their necks on the line but said the kid did alright.
TJ might be able to turn some heads.

Yes, most of the bad rankings we have rcvd have been based on the inexperience at the QB position.

I like what Mayock said, get a rush from the front 4, get productivity from the QB and better coverage on special teams, Vikes could make the playoffs.
That is what he said......

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 01:01 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I think you got some good stuff here but just be prepared to defend your position.
People here can be brutally honest and some newer members take offense to that and leave.

Good point!

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

i realize my error in word usage
my bad , dont worry man i got thick skin, remember vikings fans in ny have to, thanks though

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 01:03 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

They do?

I will make this comment to help out the new guy here.

After the game on Friday the guys on NFLN were not as negative about TJ.
They were hesitant to put their necks on the line but said the kid did alright.
TJ might be able to turn some heads.

Yes, most of the bad rankings we have rcvd have been based on the inexperience at the QB position.

I like what Mayock said, get a rush from the front 4, get productivity from the QB and better coverage on special teams, Vikes could make the playoffs.
That is what he said......

Pittsburgh made a Super Bowl run in much the same situation two years ago...inexperienced QB, dominant defense and strong running game.
The defense and Bettis carried Rottenburger's ass to the Super Bowl win.

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 01:04 PM

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

my bad , dont worry man i got thick skin, remember vikings fans in ny have to, thanks though

Welcome to the club, ppe2!!!

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I was glad to see a thread with independant thought.
Seems as if we are turning into a site of articles.
I like to read people thoughts and ideas without attaching them to some article the media wrote and I would hope more people did this sort of thing.

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Every Viking fan is issued thick skin when one pledges to be a Vikings fan.
;)

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Every Viking fan is issued thick skin when one pledges to be a Vikings fan.

;)

A few of them even have thick heads to go with the skin!
:D

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Good point!

I agree.
Most of the posters on here today are of the "Nice" variety.
Wait until some of the haters get on.........

My fellow Dead Head, you gotta have some tuff/thick skin around here sometimes.
Heck take a look at our avatars.......

A kid beating the heck out of another kid......
Darth.......
A fish killer........

And we are the nice guys.
;D

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
oh yah i can get mean to, not really. my avatar says a LOT about my relaxed lifestyle but its ok, we are all here for the same reason thats the one thing we all have in common. GO PURPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PurpleTide
08-16-2007, 01:29 PM
"Hey Now" PPE, what a long strange thread it's been.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 01:36 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I agree.

Most of the posters on here today are of the "Nice" variety.
Wait until some of the haters get on.........

I wonder where Prophumen got himself off to?

=Z=

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
well that was my first thread it was strange i must admit i was not prepared for the backlash you really must cross your t's around here huh, its ok anywhere theirs purple im happy

Zeus
08-16-2007, 01:44 PM

well that was my first thread it was strange i must admit i was not prepared for the backlash you really must cross your t's around here huh, its ok anywhere theirs purple im happy

It's not really the crossing of the t's so much as the imaginary nature of the topic posed.
You'll find that there are large numbers of fans who equate their fantastic view of the Vikings with the reality of the situation.
Example:
many Vikings fans remember the glory days of Randy Moss and, once it was certain he was leaving Oakland, clamored for the Vikings to re-acquire The Freak, even though he'd never come back (he's made that clear), his production is down, his age is up and Childress has no use for vets who dog it (see:
Marcus Robinson).

Then, of course, you'll find those who believe that Madden ratings are relevant to real football.
And that drives some nuts.

I think that's why there was mild (and, trust me, this thread is mild!) "backlash" as it went along.
With REAL football upon us, that's where most want to concentrate.

=Z=

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 01:55 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Then they wouldn't be "all-pros," would they...?

Which would render this question and conversation moot.

I rest my case.

Not true!
The conversation still goes on, I never said that any of our guy have to be pro bowlers.

My point is why are you still trying to be part of this conversation when you stated in your first post that you didn't want to be part of it and you thought it was stupid.
I would have stated that sooner but it was too easy.

OK....
TJ doesn't have to be Trent Dilfer and TW doesn't have to be Brandon Stokley. Both did not participate in the pro bowl the year before, the year of, or the year after their super bowl victory.

Team Play is key.

Go back and size up all my posts in this thread and then try to tell me that I am wrong if you want to play the what if game.
Please don't take one portion of one of my posts out of context and say that the conversation is over.

1.)The original post said what if we had a pro bowl QB and WR?
2.) I said that the reality is we still have D issues to make us a great D team.
Great D teams can get to the playoffs without superstars on O.
3.) You said that this conversation was stupid and made fun of it when others were trying to post there opinions in a serious manner to a what if question. You asked for more what if questions and then told us the Vikings are what they are without even giving us your opinion on how good or bad that is.
4.) Then I said, "You are right, there is nothing we can do about it.
There isn't much that the Vikings Org can do about it either except bring in and take chances on guys like Fred Evans.
Guys that are discounted that might be hidden gems.
The only guys that will make a difference, is the Coaches and Players at this point."

Insert Herm Edwards sound bite here, "we play to win the game."

5.) Then I went on to philosophically ponder like you asked.
"That statement is not true because of what I said in the previous post.
They can also get worse.

That is where the "what if" statement is a valid statement (question) and that is one of the purposes of PPO, it is a place to post our opinions."

6.)You posted that TJ and TW could not physically be CP and CJ, I agreed.
I went on to say this which was taken out of context:
"snowinapril" wrote:

It is impossible for TJ to be Carson.

It is also impossible for TW to be CJ.

Physically it is impossible.

_________

Personally, what makes a great player seem great, can be attributed to being on the right team, more in football than basketball.
Without a team effort in football, even great players can't succeed on their own.
Bad (physically) players won't even make the team, good player make the team as back ups and starter, and great players definitely start.

Prophet
08-16-2007, 01:58 PM
The problem with many fans is their belief in individual players being saviors.
The team needs to be strong on offense, defense, and special teams.
Every player on the 53-man roster and the practice squad contributes.
The whole coaching staff.
I like the theoretical question, but it makes me picture the fans that think any good team is comprised of some high flying circus act.
I prefer a team that plays as a team without that circus act.

The whole Tarvaris/TWill debate has been beat to death.
They may or may not become the circus act that some people are looking for.
I'm looking for a team that plays as a team.
When some people have an off day others will pick up the slack.
Occasionally all the teams will be hitting on all cylinders and they will bury their opponents.
On the days when some are having an off day some relatively unknown or unrecognized players will rise from the ashes to fill in the voids.
It appears to me that Childress is building a team that is solid.
I am happy and optimistic about that.

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 02:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I like the theoretical question, but it makes me picture the fans that think any good team is comprised of some high flying circus act.

Occasionally all the teams will be hitting on all cylinders and they will bury their opponents.
On the days when some are having an off day some relatively unknown or unrecognized players will rise from the ashes to fill in the voids.

Thats it.
I now know what I want for a sig.

Hey Jos can you squeeze that in to something sexy with all the players faces on it.
;D

No shit man.
Great post.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 02:08 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Thats it.

Hey Jos can you squeeze that in to something sexy with all the players faces on it.
;D

No pooh man.
Great post.

Good post Prophet, it sure beats listening to two Viking Fans bicker over whether or not someone should be allowed to ask a what if question.

What if you wouldn't have posted that post?
What if I didn't read it?

My life would have been different that is for sure.

I definitely wouldn't have had an opinion about your post.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Thats it.

;D

No shit man.
Great post.

Jam that nose up Proph's butt just a tad more, Marr....your whole face isn't quite in there yet!

=Z=

Prophet
08-16-2007, 02:14 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

...Jam that nose up Proph's butt just a tad more, Marr....your whole face isn't quite in there yet!

=Z=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUR3zv6FgW0

josdin00
08-16-2007, 02:15 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Thats it.

;D

No shit man.
Great post.

I don't think I have the patience to cut out 53 faces (plus the coaching staff) from their respective images' backgrounds. I'm gonna have to turn down this request.
;)

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

...Jam that nose up Proph's butt just a tad more, Marr....your whole face isn't quite in there yet!

=Z=

Can't see youtube at work.
Damn firewalls.
Is this the one of the Japanese guys killing Zues?

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 02:21 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

Thats it.

;D

No pooh man.
Great post.

I don't think I have the patience to cut out 53 faces (plus the coaching staff) from their respective images' backgrounds. I'm gonna have to turn down this request.
;)

Use the official team photo when it comes out. Easy way out!

Zeus
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

Damn firewalls.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/getg/pub/11975w4.gif

=Z=

PurpleManiac
08-16-2007, 02:34 PM
We'd be dead sexy if we had Bulger at helm.

Prophet
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
"PurpleManiac" wrote:

We'd be dead sexy if we had Bulger at helm.

Dead sexy?

http://media.teamxbox.com/games/ss/1303/1138414256.jpg

PurpleManiac
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
ELL OH ELL.

But seriousy, we'd kicked ass totally if we had a legit QB.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 02:43 PM
"PurpleManiac" wrote:

ELL OH ELL.

And how, praytell, do you know Tarvaris Jackson is not legit?

=Z=

Prophet
08-16-2007, 02:45 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleManiac" wrote:

ELL OH ELL.

=Z=

You asshole, we have to go through this again?
I thought that after maybe the 745th time of saying the same thing the discussion would be over.

PurpleManiac
08-16-2007, 02:49 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleManiac" wrote:

ELL OH ELL.

But seriousy, we'd kicked jiggly butt totally if we had a legit QB.

=Z=

Easy. The ultimate future telling watchamacallit - a feeling.

But really dude, I love Tarvarisaurus (yes, I know, badass nickname). But right now he's no where near the league that the Bulge is in! =D

Zeus
08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"PurpleManiac" wrote:

ELL OH ELL.

You asshole, we have to go through this again?
I thought that after maybe the 745th time of saying the same thing the discussion would be over.

The hamster wheel never stops.

=Z=

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

gol 'darnit firewalls.

=Z=

Thanks Z for helping out the firewall challenged.
;D

Prophet
08-16-2007, 02:55 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

gol 'darnit firewalls.

=Z=

;D

That is a fitting vid, but you'll have to watch the other one too at your leisure.

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

gol 'darnit firewalls.

=Z=

;D

That is a fitting vid, but you'll have to watch the other one too at your leisure.

I will if this isn't the one.
I am off tomorrow.
Will check it out before I get in the boat......... ;D

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
SIA....

Lay off the sarcastic what if questions.

My point is this: We have the players that we will have for the year, aside from a few minor moves still possible.

I never said that any of our players are bad.

All I am saying is lets focus on things that are possible. This team signing star players who aren't even free agents is not going to happen.

Prophet
08-16-2007, 03:10 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

...All I am saying is lets focus on things that are possible...

This would be a pretty dead message board if all the threads that were realistic were the only threads left on the board.
Wouldn't you miss the plummer ballboy-type threads?

Zeus
08-16-2007, 03:11 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

All I am saying is lets focus on things that are possible...

...and Give Peace A Chance!!!!!!

=Z=

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
This would be a pretty dead message board if all the threads that were realistic were the only threads left on the board.

So are you saying you'd like to see more threads like this?

Some possible ideas:

-Figure out girls, 101

-Quick trips to the DMV

-The Joyful Traffic Jam

-Yummy, Yummy, Rotten Eggs

-50 Best Places to Tear Your Sack Open

-The Fascinating World of Vacation Slideshows

Prophet
08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Some possible ideas:

-Figure out girls, 101

-Quick trips to the DMV

-The Joyful Traffic Jam

you forgot the best ones:

-we should trade for randy moss

-culpepper back to minny?

-bring back tice

-childress sucks

-it's the play calling

-tarvaris is washed up

and the hundreds of mind numbing threads that grace pp.o cleverly disguised as real football talk.
At least when you open a thread called, 'billy goat eats owners gonads' you aren't expecting people trying to convey their football knowledge within the thread.

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Good point.

There is something to be said for predictable vacuousness.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 03:32 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Some possible ideas:

-Figure out girls, 101

-Quick trips to the DMV

-The Joyful Traffic Jam

-bring back tice

-childress sucks

-it's the play calling

-tarvaris is washed up

and the hundreds of mind numbing threads that grace pp.o cleverly disguised as real football talk.
At least when you open a thread called, 'billy goat eats owners gonads' you aren't expecting people trying to convey their football knowledge within the thread.

No no no......

How would Randy and Daunte do in this offense?

Zeus
08-16-2007, 03:33 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Good point.

There is something to be said for predictable vacuousness.

It's the whole basis for Paris Hilton's popularity.

=Z=

Marrdro
Damn.
8 pages all from a discussion on Mike and Mike and Golic wasn't even on today.
;D

Slade
"Prophet" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Some possible ideas:

-Figure out girls, 101

-Quick trips to the DMV

-The Joyful Traffic Jam

-bring back tice

-childress sucks

-it's the play calling

-tarvaris is washed up

- Dont forget "How come we didn't sign any FA WR's??
- Matt Schaub to Vikes?
- David Carr to Vikes?
- Jeff Garcia to Vikes?
- Eric Moulds to Vikes?
- Donte Stallworth to Vikes?
- Joe Horn to Vikes?

;)

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

SIA....

Lay off the sarcastic what if questions.

My point is this: We have the players that we will have for the year, aside from a few minor moves still possible.

I never said that any of our players are bad.

All I am saying is lets focus on things that are possible. This team signing star players who aren't even free agents is not going to happen.

I am done!

Agreed

Agreed

Playing and Winning. No more newly acquired stars this year, agreed

I agree to agree.

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
well quite a first day i had with this thread, thanks for posting everyone glad i rile everyone up in here. see you later man

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
"Slade" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Some possible ideas:

-Figure out girls, 101

-Quick trips to the DMV

-The Joyful Traffic Jam

-bring back tice

-childress sucks

-it's the play calling

-tarvaris is washed up

- Dont forget "How come we didn't sign any FA WR's??
- Matt Schaub to Vikes?
- David Carr to Vikes?
- Jeff Garcia to Vikes?
- Eric Moulds to Vikes?
- Donte Stallworth to Vikes?
- Joe Horn to Vikes?

;)

Man, y'all didn't even list all my "Donnie Edwards", "DeAngelo Willliams", "Derrick Johnson" and "Matt Jones" threads!!!
>:(

marcosMN
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I am done!

Agreed

Agreed

I agree to agree.

I agree to agree to agree.

Skol dude.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

I am done!

Agreed

Agreed

I agree to agree.

I agree to disagree with your agreeing on his disagreeing with my agreeing.

=Z=

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 04:22 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

I am done!

Agreed

Agreed

I agree to agree.

I agree to disagree with your agreeing on his disagreeing with my agreeing.

=Z=

"If the circumstances were different" you might agree.

BadlandsVikings
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Dr. Seuss already owned the team once.
:-\

http://utopia.utexas.edu/articles/images/alc-mccombs-003-body.jpg

singersp
08-16-2007, 09:40 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes.

We have a stud line and at least one proven RB with another highly explosive back in the making (barring he stays healthy).

Good post.

Stud line? Hicks? Johnson? I don't think so.

The left side is pretty good except when McKinnie gets beat on the outside, but the right side needs to be shored up better than what it is.

WisconsinSucks
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes.

Good post.

The left side is pretty good except when McKinnie gets beat on the outside, but the right side needs to be shored up better than what it is.

It's all relative.
If you have one of the best left side of the lines, then the other two guys just ned to be above average to be studly.
I think the right side will be better.
They were young and have another year under their belt.

ultravikingfan
08-16-2007, 10:04 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes.

Good post.

Thats funny how you pointed out Hicks and Johnson first w/o mentioning Hutch or Birk.
Anybody would look medicore compared to those guys.
The right will be fine.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 10:21 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Yes.

Good post.

Hicks and Johnson will not be on the field at the same time unless someone gets hurt.
Ryan Cook is the starting RT and Hicks is battling with Adam Herrera for the starting RG spot.
So, at a minimum, your example of bad O-Linemen is one starting G and a backup.

=Z=