PDA

View Full Version : Sharper's age shows - on the sideline

singersp
08-16-2007, 07:24 AM
VIKINGS: Sharper's age shows - on the sideline (http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6634255)

Safety's fellow thirtysomethings Tomlin, Mangini among new wave of young coaches

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press
Article Last Updated: 08/16/2007 12:23:10 AM CDT

MANKATO, Minn.

Darren Sharper isn't much younger than this week's opposing head coach, and his former college teammate and fraternity brother is coaching the Pittsburgh Steelers, but the Vikings' veteran safety says he isn't feeling his age....

COJOMAY
08-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Sharper said he believes the Vikings have enough talent to be a playoff team this season and challenge for a Super Bowl before he's finished.

I sure hope he's right!

PurpleTide
08-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Sharper and Winfield, and EJ, are the captains on defense and they will get their guys lined up. Sharper is the secondaries QB, he's got good sideline to sideline speed and has great ballhawking abilities. He can play 2-4 more years.

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Man I despised this guy when he was a Puker........ >:(

How times and uniform colors can change a mans opinion.
Go getem Sharpe
;D

singersp
08-16-2007, 08:04 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Man I despised this guy when he was a Puker........ >:(

How times and uniform colors can change a mans opinion.
Go getem Sharpe
;D

It's amazing what a purple jersey can do for a player & peoples opinion of that player.
;)

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 08:23 AM
"6and10" wrote:

remember when Sharper was a Packer and Viking fans were convinced he was overrated and average at best? weird how now he's the second coming of Christ.

And it begins........

Maybe the coma skewed your reading abilities or maybe it is something in the Cheese you are eating......
No were do you see Second Coming or Christ in my post my confused cheesehead loving freind.

;D

purplepeopleeaters2
08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
i like sharper i think he holds together this defense, when he eventually goes it will hurt maybe thats why they got smith and tank so he can teach them, i hope he announces he would be good at it, but anyway he has helped the team alot in the locker room and the field

VKG4LFE
08-16-2007, 01:13 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"6and10" wrote:

remember when Sharper was a Packer and Viking fans were convinced he was overrated and average at best? weird how now he's the second coming of Christ.

And it begins........

Maybe the coma skewed your reading abilities or maybe it is something in the Cheese you are eating......
No were do you see Second Coming or Christ in my post my confused cheesehead loving freind.

;D

I still think he is overrated and he is pretty average. So what are you saying cheesedick?

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 02:11 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"6and10" wrote:

And it begins........

;D

I still think he is overrated and he is pretty average. So what are you saying cheesedick?

I'm assuming you just sandwiched me in there to emphasize my point.
Just checked and its not made of cheese my friend.
;D