PDA

View Full Version : Packers Talkin Smack!

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 01:19 AM
This Week Sharper Quoted:
"... I dare any offensive team to throw the ball at our secondary now," Sharper said. "I double-dare them. I quadruple-dare them to test us as a secondary."
(I strongly believe he is refering to the vikings passing offense) Do you really think he would be saying this if we had moss, or is he fealin really good about us without moss.

This Week Franks Quoted:
"Minnesota's doing the same thing they're doing every year."
Eeeewww that one hurts, I LOVE THIS RIVALRY! :argue:

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 01:39 AM
any knowledgable packer fan knows that moss has owned the packers. hell they spent three drafts just to stop him. know one in the nfl can cover him an entire game and he is and will be the best that ever played that position.

Kleinsasser40
11-13-2004, 03:22 AM
I am going to laugh my @ss off if: A. Moss does play and TORCHES them, or B. If Burley, Robinson and KC...THE BACKUPS, make a mockery of them.

superior230bartime
11-13-2004, 04:21 AM
Sharper quoted that right after they signed Mckenzie whichh was complete bullshit at the time . Just so you guys can rub your pussys about it I am predicitng the packers to win 35 to 14. If you research my predictions I have been almost 100% and a hell of a lot better than any viking fan around so........good luck and may the best team(packers) win.

hawaiianvike21
11-13-2004, 05:00 AM
Ok if that was said right after kenzie got traded, im assuming this current year, hes a lot dumber then i thought. Losing kenzie was big as he was a huge playmaker for a packer defense near the bottom along with the vike d. :lol:

Well loooks like we'll be doing a lot of passing then. He prollly got too cocky when moss made it official he wasnt going to play this week.

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 05:01 AM
blah blah blah bla bla blah blah blah blah

you might as well be the lady in the charile brown cartoons that noone wanted to here.

PDXPackfan
11-13-2004, 11:36 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Ok if that was said right after kenzie got traded, im assuming this current year, hes a lot dumber then i thought. Losing kenzie was big as he was a huge playmaker for a packer defense near the bottom along with the vike d. :lol:

Well loooks like we'll be doing a lot of passing then. He prollly got too cocky when moss made it official he wasnt going to play this week.

Actually sharper said that prior to Mckenzie being resigned with us and after our first win of the year against carolina.. is was a very moronic statement for him to make especially after the type of year sharper is currently having...
Your right though Mckenzie is a very good DB but the fact is he didnt want to play with Greenbay anymore, so he was a locker room cancer and a distraction so trading him was the right move for Sherman to make...by the way our Defense is coming around SLOWLY...we,ll be fine!

PhxFan
11-13-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm expecting a sweep of that cheesy team this year!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-030.gif
http://www.packertime.com/roadtrips/2003/090703/photos/1-4.jpg

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 02:14 PM
I dont understand i found that quote on a webite and the reporter said both those comments were made this week. :scratch:

Which ever way Sharper is moron, he says some really stupid sh*t. I dont know if he does it to try to establish confidence or what.

CanuckVike
11-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Okay, my turn to stir the cheese-pot and put my 2 cents in!

First of all, to all you gruyere-gobblin', parmesan-pickin', cheddar-chump-stump-jumpers...otherwise known as packfans...your team is going down this Sunday!

You're all feeling pretty good these days after beating the Dande-Lions, the Cowgirls, and the Foreskins are ya? Well now that you're in your false sense of security get ready 'cause it's time for the Lambeau Letdown Part 2!

Onterrio will be bringing an extra pair of cleats to replace the pair he's gonna wear out on you guys and Culpepper and crew will soon flying around the world on all the airmiles they're gonna rack up on 'yer smug and overconfident seconday! Our guys will have another 2-3 INT day thanks to Jeannette Fav-ray...and all this with no Randy! I've got my $100 bucks riding on this one with my on-line bookie with 3 to 1 odds so I'll be looking forward to sittin' back when it's all over with a bottle of the best bourbon I can buy and savour this one in style! By the way pack-fans...scrape 'yer mold off...you've been left out of the fridge a way too long! Ha! :bootyshake:

LosAngelis
11-13-2004, 02:59 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I dont understand i found that quote on a webite and the reporter said both those comments were made this week. :scratch:

Which ever way Sharper is moron, he says some really stupid sh*t. I dont know if he does it to try to establish confidence or what.

Sharper did make those comments after Week 1.

Also, Sharper, who hasn't played and may not play tomorrow, is in no position to be talking any smack right now, any more than Moss should. If you can't walk out on the field and back it up, shut up.

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 03:03 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:

Sharper did make those comments after Week 1.

Also, Sharper, who hasn't played and may not play tomorrow, is in no position to be talking any smack right now, any more than Moss should. If you can't walk out on the field and back it up, shut up.

HUH???? I dont believe i have heard one single quote from moss this week. Usually he doesnt say anything anyways, he just goes out and tears sh*t up. I dont know where you get the idea to throw moss into the fire, but he has nothing to do with Sharper's quotes.

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Maybe i am misenturpiting(sp) what your saying.

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 03:15 PM
talk is cheap. its backing it up on the field is where it counts. you minnechoka viqueen fans are dumb if you think you're gonna win this game. our D has stepped up lately. your d hasnt. plain and simple. you guys were happy about losing to indy because you were in the game. well, indy lets anyone in the game, it doesnt matter. ill bet the bears will but up at least 30. hope you guys arent counting on special teams plays to keep you in the game this week, cuz thats not gonna happen. i cant wait to see barnett & co. get their "roll on" dull-pepper. its gonna be great. the pack will roll by scoring roughly 38 points on your porous D.

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 03:27 PM
wow it only took you 15 posts to come up with that garbage huh jwalk?

I just have 1 question. Where were all the Pack fans when you guys were 1 and 4? The only one I know was here was los. The espn, yahoo, cbs boards and this page were void of Packer ramblings. Your like my buddy I work with who last year dusted off his Sterling Sharpe Jersey when the Pack back doored into the playoffs. He still thinks your head coach is linde infante.

And by the way Javon walker = Fake ass wanna be Moss

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 03:28 PM
I highly doubt it. 38 points is to much. We thought our D was stepping up before we played the colts, who the f*ck have you played the last two weeks that had an offense. The lack of offense in the past two weeks has made you defense look like all stars. We had the same situation with the titans. Dixon can take care of your 220 pound MLB, he'll wrag doll his a$$ all over the field.

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 03:46 PM
David Dixon has earned my respect this year. Hopefully he has a year or two left in him.

skogs02
11-13-2004, 04:08 PM
i agree, Javon Walker is a fake ass wanna be Moss!!!!! Go Vikes!!!

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 04:17 PM
just cause walkers stats are above and beyond whatever moss would have done this year, doesnt mean you guys gotta get mad about it. get over it. and when you guys held tennessee to 3 points, all you guys were talking about how big your d has stepped up. you cant control who you play moron, the fact of the matter is, you have to stop and contain them. the packers have done their job defensively and i dont see this offense minus moss doing anything spectacular. you guys arent even smart enough to start onterrio this week. again...MORONS!!!

rjkvikings
11-13-2004, 04:37 PM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

just cause walkers stats are above and beyond whatever moss would have done this year, doesnt mean you guys gotta get mad about it. get over it. and when you guys held tennessee to 3 points, all you guys were talking about how big your d has stepped up. you cant control who you play moron, the fact of the matter is, you have to stop and contain them. the packers have done their job defensively and i dont see this offense minus moss doing anything spectacular. you guys arent even smart enough to start onterrio this week. again...MORONS!!!And you're not smart enough to check your facts. Onterrio is hurt a little and shouldn't start, but he will get some carries. Not that it matters because no matter who is back there we will still run pretty well. And, Walker's stats being better doesn't bother me one bit. What it tells me is that the rest of our Offense has been playing well enough that we don't need Moss to have outstanding stats to be the #1 Offense. We have other players who can make plays.

RandyMoss8404
11-13-2004, 05:11 PM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

just cause walkers stats are above and beyond whatever moss would have done this year, doesnt mean you guys gotta get mad about it. get over it. and when you guys held tennessee to 3 points, all you guys were talking about how big your d has stepped up. you cant control who you play moron, the fact of the matter is, you have to stop and contain them. the packers have done their job defensively and i dont see this offense minus moss doing anything spectacular. you guys arent even smart enough to start onterrio this week. again...MORONS!!!

Wow, Los, this kid is making you look bad. I can't believe this post exists.

Javon Walker is having a great year, there's no doubt about that.

However, Javon Walker does not see triple - or, most of the time, even double - coverage. He does not entirely open the opposite side of the field. He doesn't hold on to the ball in crucial games (read: Colts.) And most importantly, when Moss was playing, we were 5-1. With JWalk, the Packers struggled to 4-4.

Moss is better than Walker in every way, though that does not take away from Walker's stellar year. But anything Walk can do, Moss can do better.

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 05:11 PM
Let me get this straight your stating that Jwalk would have done better against a healthy Moss this year? There is no better reciever in the nfl then a healthy Moss. Your reciever is having a good year so what. What did he do his rookie year? Compare his rookie year to Moss's rookie year. Better yet lets see what JWalk does his first 7 years vs Moss first seven. That's like a Viking fan saying that Culpepper is on the same level as Favre when it comes to performance. Doesn't make to much sense does it?

There is no player in the nfl that is feared more then Moss. Do opposing defensive coordinaters produce a game plan around Javon Walker? No. I'm not knocking JWalks skills...he's a good reciever but he is not on Moss's level. Anyone one witrh an iq above 80 would tell you the same.

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 05:31 PM
how has your #1 offense been playing without moss? 20 points against the titans? 13 points against the giants? without special teams, you score 17 against a crappy colts team? very human. not impressive and nothing to be scared of. its the vikes that suck. and you guys will suck tommorrow and will suck for the rest of the year. you hears that...sounds like some choking up in minneapolis. also evilviking...are you retarded because if you knew anything about football, you would know that this is only walkers 3rd year in the nfl. he was injured mostly during his rookie campaign and played very well last year, if your gonna be a critic, get your sh*t straight.

LosAngelis
11-13-2004, 05:32 PM
"RandyMoss8404" wrote:

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Wow, Los, this kid is making you look bad. I can't believe this post exists.

LOL...How did I get involved in this one? I just said that players who aren't going to be in the game shouldn't be the ones leading any battle cries. Effectively, I was saying Sharper should take a cue from Moss when it comes to that. The one time Moss did open his mouth this year, you guys got beat (Eagles). Moss usually keeps his trap shut and lets his play talk.

And personally, I don't think Walker is a wanna-be Moss, he's doing a fine job being Javon Walker. I've said before that I don't think he is as good as Moss, nor will he ever be as good as Moss. But, he's darn good, and we haven't had a reliable top-flight WR since Sterling Sharpe, so I ain't gonna marginalize him.

PhxFan
11-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Packers suck....http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sauer/angry-smiley-049.gif
Regardless of who's in the line-up!!

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 07:29 PM
your right JWalk our offense is less potent without moss...your point? I'll tell you what, lets take Walker, your starting TE Franks, your starting right tackle out of the line up and lets see how good your offense would be.

What your saying is like stating that Joe Montana's td passes would drop off without Jerry Rice. Of course it would. Again what the f*ck is your point meathead?

And if Moss was healthy all year JWalker wouldn't be close to him. How many times does Moss have to prove that he is the best in the game? How many elite CB's that have talked shit to him does he have to burn? How many records does he have to break? How many 2 and 3 td performances against the pack does he have to complete to have to shut packer fans like yourself up? Brett Favre is the best QB I have ever seen hands down! I hate the Packers but I'm man enough to admit what is factual. How bout you JWALK?

Packerguy
11-13-2004, 07:30 PM
froMoss is better than Walker in every way, though that does not take away m Walker's stellar year. But anything Walk can do, Moss can do better

Moss is the most dynamic wr in football without question. Walker is making a case to be included in the second class of wrs in the league just under randy. These guys include owens, harrison, holt and maybe a few others.

rjkvikings
11-13-2004, 08:47 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

froMoss is better than Walker in every way, though that does not take away m Walker's stellar year. But anything Walk can do, Moss can do better

Moss is the most dynamic wr in football without question. Walker is making a case to be included in the second class of wrs in the league just under randy. These guys include owens, harrison, holt and maybe a few others.Uh oh, Packer fans are getting smarter. Of course anyone with an IQ over 50 could tell you that Moss is the best, but now we have Packer fans realizing it too.

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Packer guy says says: Walker is making a case to be included in the second class of wrs in the league just under randy.

LMAO, right know he's WAY under randy, hes not even close. If he can continue to produce like he is come back in three years then we will see in Javon is close to moss.

Although i will say Javon is explosive and big he's a weapon and he has a QB who isnt afraid to get it to him, so we damn well better acount for him tomarrow. I think Winfield can hold him down to a minimum game.

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 09:46 PM
whoa there enlvikefan. you are really dumb because you didnt read my message. i said walkers stats would be better than moss'. i never said anything about him being better than moss. moss is clearly the best wr in the game. even more so than T.O because we have stopped T.O on many occasions and havent succeeded with moss. and you are so dumb you missed my point. my point was that your offense doesnt scare anyone without moss. just like a defense wouldnt be scared of us without green, or if a team lost joe montana. i think you are by far the dumbest person i have ever encountered in life. go back to pumping gas.

cajunvike
11-13-2004, 09:54 PM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

Let me get this straight your stating that Jwalk would have done better against a healthy Moss this year? There is no better reciever in the nfl then a healthy Moss. Your reciever is having a good year so what. What did he do his rookie year? Compare his rookie year to Moss's rookie year. Better yet lets see what JWalk does his first 7 years vs Moss first seven. That's like a Viking fan saying that Culpepper is on the same level as Favre when it comes to performance. Doesn't make to much sense does it?

There is no player in the nfl that is feared more then Moss. Do opposing defensive coordinaters produce a game plan around Javon Walker? No. I'm not knocking JWalks skills...he's a good reciever but he is not on Moss's level. Anyone one witrh an iq above 80 would tell you the same.

enl, how dare you insult JWR84's intelligence by insinuating that his IQ is below 80...his screen name clearly lists his true IQ as 84! :lol:

GP_1_Again
11-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Who cares who is better than who, it's all about the win and by far the Pack always pulls through and through, 3 Superbowls, 12 championships and 70% always wins our division. Now whos better Moss or Javon? Who cares it all fall's on the choke, and the Team combined, Moss most of the time is his own team MOSSKINGS. EHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK.

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Hey Los you should give this guy a lesson in english. All those Fragments and Run-ons, no puncuation, and he's calling enlvikefan DUMB!!!!

By the way enlvikefan is a Police Officer, he risks his life everyday to keep this world a safe place, so have some respect with the gas pumping thing you ASS!!!

VikingsTw
11-13-2004, 10:00 PM
"GP_1_Again" wrote:

Who cares who is better than who, it's all about the win and by far the Pack always pulls through and through, 3 Superbowls, 12 championships and 70% always wins our division. Now whos better Moss or Javon? Who cares it all fall's on the choke, and the Team combined, Moss most of the time is his own team MOSSKINGS. EHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK.

I knew it, I knew it they just can't keep there cheesy fingers off the past. They start to loose an arguement so they refer to what happened 6 7 8 years ago. It's a never ending story, Pack one the superbowl so they will win tomarrow HAHAHA NOT!!!

rjkvikings
11-13-2004, 10:01 PM
"GP_1_Again" wrote:

Moss most of the time is his own team MOSSKINGS. EHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

So what you're saying is that you usually get beat by the Mosskings, but tomorrow you're gonna get beat by the Vikings. Well, if that's how you want to look at it, be my guest. Either way, you still lose to the team I cheer for. SKOL VIKINGS!

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 10:09 PM
"Hey Los you should give this guy a lesson in english. All those Fragments and Run-ons, no puncuation, and he's calling enlvikefan DUMB!!!!"

"By the way enlvikefan is a Police Officer, he risks his life everyday to keep this world a safe place, so have some respect with the gas pumping thing you ASS!!!"[/color]

With Corrections - Hey Los, (comma) you should give this guy a lesson in english. All these (word problem) run-ons and incorrect puncuation. (no shouldn't be used) (punctuate) He's calling enlvikefan dumb!!!
I think its you who needs the english lesson because you definitely aren't smart.

As for enlvikefan being a police officer, I apologize for the pumping gas comment simply because I have the utmost respect for officers of the law.

enlvikeman
11-13-2004, 10:52 PM
well i dont understand (maybe I am stupid) you stated that Jwalks stats are "above and beyond what moss would have done this year" that is what you posted verbatim. So are you not saying that Jwalk would or is the better reciever? It's either one or the other. Im not gonna get in a pissing contest with you bud. Your the Packer fan with such a complexity issue that you come to a Vikings site to talk smack then get defensive when someone dispells your hippocritical bullshit. So when in fear of losing an argument let's not resort to name calling okay bud?

And what's wrong with pumping gas? I did it for 3 years while in college to help with tuition expenses. Now I own two restaurants along with being a law enforcement officer. Got me where I want to be.

JWalkRulz84
11-13-2004, 10:56 PM
just because i said jwalks stats would be above and beyond what moss' stats would be doesnt mean he is a jwalk is a better receiver. look at curtis martin, ben roethlisberger this season, his stats are pretty good this season and better than favre's and a few other quarterbacks. does that mean roethlisberger is a better qb than favre? absolutely not. im just saying with moss 100% healthy, he does not eclipse 783 yard in the first 8 games of the year, not on the pace he was on this season, although, he would have the touchdowns. i believe walker would have more catches as well. but walker is second-tier compared to the freak. no doubt about that.

Jer
11-13-2004, 11:02 PM
ok.. been around as much as I could be around the whole season which is like 1 post a week....

The Sharper quote-remember the context of that quote-after a win-Sharper is a confident guy. Some say cocky. It was probably a question from a reporter like-"Do you have confidence that you and all the new guys can hold down some of the top wr's in the game?" I'm sure he got sick of hearing about it which everyone did during that time. Remember everyone predicted doom and gloom w/o milli vanilli around. (I don't even wanna say his name).

The next quote by Bubba--Is he not saying the facts? The Vikes do it every year. Remember Hovan and everyone else on your team who has been known to get talkative over the past. I'm sure Bubba hates the Vikes, prolly can't stand hearing about whatever they do and he's kind of pulling a Lee Flowers as in saying, "they're doing this again while we're pulling it together like we do every single year." Could be a respect thing.

onto the Moss issue. Stats are stats. They don't always tell everything. Daunte has better #'s than Favre this year, but IMO Favre is still better. Javon may have better #'s, but that doesn't mean Moss is worse than him. Stats are fun to spew off during the off-season when its all said and done, but most important is the winning. Ahman can have all his yards he wants, but if he fumbles away games for us it will mean nothing.

Last year during the Eagles game @ Lambeau on MNF he had a Packers franchise record for yards in a game-192, but he fumbled what 3 times? I can't even remember it was so awful. Thats nothing to brag about that whole game IMO.

I can see where the Vikes would use those two quotes for bulletin board material, but the talking goes both ways for these two teams.

I have a feeling that tommorow will get ugly in a good way-fiery play trash-talking, fans going crazy something that will set the mood for Christmas Eve. How can we all just relax on Christmas Eve? What would be the fun in that? Big game 2morow w/ a script being written for the next game.

Packers 31 Vikes 19. Really its very hard to get the exact number on these games. If we roll like we should the game will go something like that in our favor.

ItalianStallion
11-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Why are we arguing over who is better, it is a null issue. Moss is the best receiver in the league.

Hell he hasn't caught a pass in almost 4 games and he is still second in the league in receiving TDs.

DemonicViking
11-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Yes talk is cheap, your posting is a prime example of that, will there be more of it if your D reeks of rancid swiss cheese tommorow where it counts the most.. and loses the game?

cajunvike
11-13-2004, 11:22 PM
"GP_1_Again" wrote:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK.

Another soon-to-be disappointed Pack fan arrives on the scene...and this one is still living in the past. Wake up GP...the Pack is on their way down, while the Vikes are just hitting their stride. In the next few years, while we are cheering for a winning team, you will just be crying in your crappy Milwaukee beer after yet another Puker loss.

VikingsTw
11-14-2004, 01:07 AM
I can tell you something, if we do find a way to loose this game it will only make for a better game on Christmas Eve. Lets just hope we dont F*ck up on the first play like did the last two weeks. Hell just to get the first play out of the way we should kneel down!!

Odin VAVikefan
11-14-2004, 01:17 AM
"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

Let's try this one more time.

With Corrections - Hey Los, (comma) you should give this guy a lesson in english. All these (word problem) run-ons and incorrect puncuation. (no shouldn't be used) (punctuate) He's calling enlvikefan dumb!!!
I think its you who needs the english lesson because you definitely aren't smart.

My Corrections for JWalk's "Correcting Hypocrisy"
---------------------------------------------------------
I think it's (apostrophe needed) you who needs the English (capitalization required) lesson because you definitely aren't smart.
---------------------------------------------------------

The good news is that JWalk's last post is a massive improvement over the previous grammar atrocity he committed. Keep up the good work, JWalk! You're almost there! :thumbleft:

VikingsTw
11-14-2004, 01:24 AM
I saw what he TRIED to do to my post. Obviously it didnt need it. Glad someone else realized the guys a joke.

Is AREN'T a word?

hawaiianvike21
11-14-2004, 04:00 AM
Man have a lot of packer fans joined the site in the last 24 hours. I was wondering when they would all show up. :lol:

Forget talk, just see what happens tomorrow and well see who the better team is.

Hell even without moss vikes can upset pack at home. Alll i can say to pack fans is dont get too cocky that tomorrow is an automatic win cuz moss it out. I can see either side pulling it out even if green or farve were to be out as well since a rivalry like this makes a team play much harder.

GP_1_Again
11-14-2004, 08:32 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"GP_1_Again" wrote:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PACK.

Another soon-to-be disappointed Pack fan arrives on the scene...and this one is still living in the past. Wake up GP...the Pack is on their way down, while the Vikes are just hitting their stride. In the next few years, while we are cheering for a winning team, you will just be crying in your crappy Milwaukee beer after yet another Puker loss.

Uh yeah guy whos been dissapointed.
http://www.hxjam.com/Pictures/dick_and_friends.jpg

Weeping again after 6:00pm, still no roll on.... :) :D :P :wink: