PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner coming our way?

purplepete
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Today's hot sports rumors and news
Cards sending Warner to Vikes?
FOXSports.com
Posted: 1 hour ago
The Cardinals have a franchise QB. The Vikings have a whole bunch of question marks. The Pioneer Press says theres a chance Arizona could send backup Kurt Warner to Minnesota.

Not sure what to gather from this. Do we want him... do we not want him... what do purplepride.org people think?

lakehubertviking
08-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Link:
http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_6624703

There's buzz that the Vikings could be interested in veteran Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.

He would probably be a better backup than Bollinger.
But how much is he making and would he even want to come here?

Most people move from Minnesota to Arizona when they get that old not the other way around. :)

cogitans
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I could see it happen. I think it would be comfortable for everyone to have a reliable veteran backup, and Warner could maybe do that better than Bollinger.

I'd still hope that TJack plays so that we would never need him on the field.

C Mac D
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm not really a Kurt Warner fan, but this would be a cool pickup. Doesn't he hold the record for most passing yards in a Super Bowl?

Billy Boy
08-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Usually football teams like to have a backup especially behind their 2nd year QB.
They need Warner more then we do.

In fantasy world, I'd stay with Bollinger rather then trading something for a Spread/Air it out QB.

I hope T-Jack can start putting all these national football genius' ideas to rest.

Marrdro
08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
What the heck is his Madden rating......
;D

Kidding of course.

Lets not be so quick to discount this.
He did play in arena football were you had to make quick decisions with the ball.
That helped him to step in and fill a role vacated by Greens injury in a version of the WCO.

Additionally, throw in the fact that Bollinger didn't really look to good, has a huge question mark behind his ability to mentor/work/support TJ during game time situations (even though he has a QB coach) then I think this might be a good fit.

Heck if nothing else (hopefully) it would get rid of the whole "We need Holcomb" crowd.

Wonder what the Cards want for him?

PurpleTide
08-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Noooooooooo, Oh God Noooooooo.

jargomcfargo
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm all for it. Huge upgrade over Bollinger. Good insurance policy if TJ needs more time.
Likely to just be another groundless rumor though.

cogitans
08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Kidding of course.

He did play in arena football were you had to make quick decisions with the ball.
That helped him to step in and fill a role vacated by Greens injury in a version of the WCO.

Additionally, throw in the fact that Bollinger didn't really look to good, has a huge question mark behind his ability to mentor/work/support TJ during game time situations (even though he has a QB coach) then I think this might be a good fit.

Heck if nothing else (hopefully) it would get rid of the whole "We need Holcomb" crowd.

I tend to agree with you here.

Someone just dig up those overall Madden ratings of Bollinger, Warner and Holcomb, and lets get them compared once and for all so I know what my stand should be on this issue.

Zeus
08-15-2007, 01:23 PM
"purplepete" wrote:

Not sure what to gather from this. Do we want him... do we not want him... what do purplepride.org people think?

Well - first I think this should be in a different forum - Vikings Fans Forum, perhaps.

Secondly - he's probably a good option at backup, but I'm not sure I want to weather the storm of "Play Kurt Warner!!" posts if Tarvaris struggles in the first month of the season.

=Z=

cogitans
08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepete" wrote:

Well - first I think this should be in a different forum - Vikings Fans Forum, perhaps.

Secondly - he's probably a good option at backup, but I'm not sure I want to weather the storm of "Play Kurt Warner!!" posts if Tarvaris struggles in the first month of the season.

=Z=

Sure you do. You live for laughing at morons on this site.

olson_10
08-15-2007, 01:36 PM
this would be a good pickup..if he comes in, and plays real well, then youve got the old kurt warner..if he is the backup, then thats also great, because hes a very classy guy and doesnt mind being in the mentoring role..hes a quality team guy, and whatever role hes stuck with, he will do without complaining

C Mac D
08-15-2007, 01:38 PM
The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can bitch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.

cajunvike
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
"purplepete" wrote:

FOXSports.com
The Cardinals have a franchise QB. The Vikings have a whole bunch of question marks. The Pioneer Press says theres a chance Arizona could send backup Kurt Warner to Minnesota.

Are you secretly Kurt Warner's agent, noob?
:D

cajunvike
08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Kidding of course.

I think that I would still rather have Holcomb...people on here forget that Warner had concussion issues before.

olson_10
08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
"C" wrote:

The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can beeyatch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.

we can just put it this way..that season was one of the all time best seasons by any QB in any generation..he followed up with a couple unbelievable years after that as well before concussion and thumb problems started to drag his career down

Zeus
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"purplepete" wrote:

Sure you do. You live for laughing at morons on this site.

I live for playing with my 3-year-old daughter.
But I do enjoy stomping on the clueless, yes.

=Z=

ItalianStallion
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
"purplepete" wrote:

FOXSports.com

IMO we have as many questions at QB as the Cardinals do, not sure why the cardinals have a franchise QB after half a season, and apparently no need for a veteran backup...

C Mac D
08-15-2007, 01:49 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

"C" wrote:

The guy holds the records for the most passing yards in a Super Bowl... he actually holds the top two. You can beeyatch all you want, but you can't scoff at that.

we can just put it this way..that season was one of the all time best seasons by any QB in any generation..he followed up with a couple unbelievable years after that as well before concussion and thumb problems started to drag his career down

On a complete side note... I'm looking at these Super Bowl records... In 4 Super Bowls, Montana didn't throw one pick! I say bring him out of retirement!

vikings6490
08-15-2007, 01:51 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Kidding of course.

Someone just dig up those overall Madden ratings of Bollinger, Warner and Holcomb, and lets get them compared once and for all so I know what my stand should be on this issue.

kelly holcomb - 78
kurt warner -80
brooks bollinger - 73

Prophet
08-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I am sick of the ballboy, I might put a contract out on him.

Zeus
08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

The ballboy is not scared of the likes of you.

=Z=

Prophet
08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

It's tough to be scared when you are dead.

Zeus
08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

It's tought to be scared when you are dead.

The ballboy has friends in dark corners of the lockerroom.
Don't get on his bad side, Acuphet.

=Z=

cajunvike
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

Take it from the ballwasher (Zeus)...he knows the ballboy intimately.

Prophet
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

=Z=

The ballboy is the most replaceable person on the team, with the exception of Carl.

COJOMAY
08-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I think Warner would be a good fit as a mentor and backup with the Vikes. He's seen it all in football and he's a super nice guy.

C Mac D
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Our problem isn't quarterback at all. We need hotter cheerleaders to distract the other teams

Zeus
08-15-2007, 02:07 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

The ballboy is the most replaceable person on the team, with the exception of Carl.

Was the ballboy replaced when The Big Chill took over?
No.
You clearly have no clue how deep his ties to the foundations of the Minnesota Vikings go.

=Z=

Del Rio
08-15-2007, 02:09 PM
It certainly couldnt hurt......but if Warner is on the market....I would imagine a team like Atlanta would be willing to sell the farm for him.

He is on the downslope, will probably require a short term lease.....

Sounds like BS to me, but I cant say if I woke up tomorrow and read the paper and it said Vikings Aquired Kurt Warner that I would cry.

Prophet
08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

No.
You clearly have no clue how deep his ties to the foundations of the Minnesota Vikings go.

=Z=

The ballboy is a pussy, every team has one that lurks in the corner of the clubhouse spreading retarded rumors.
Their days are numbered, I"m putting an end to it.

cogitans
08-15-2007, 02:12 PM
"vikings6490" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Kidding of course.

kelly holcomb - 78
kurt warner -80
brooks bollinger - 73

lol

I guess it's cleared up then. The computergame has once again decided a discussion.

Zeus
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

No.

The ballboy is a pussy, every team has one that lurks in the corner of the clubhouse spreading retarded rumors.

The ballboy just called.
He's lurking in hidden mode.

And he laughs at your pitiful threats.
Oh - and he tells me the Vikings are close to luring Steve Young out of retirement.

=Z=

Prophet
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

No.

The ballboy just called.
He's lurking in hidden mode.

And he laughs at your pitiful threats.
Oh - and he tells me the Vikings are close to luring Steve Young out of retirement.

=Z=

I know that bastard is pissed at me, he just sent me an e-mail saying Tice is coming back as HC and Culpepper will be the new QB coach next year.
He's a dead man walking.

AngloVike
08-15-2007, 02:18 PM
"Del" wrote:

It certainly couldnt hurt......but if Warner is on the market....I would imagine a team like Atlanta would be willing to sell the farm for him.

Sounds like BS to me, but I cant say if I woke up tomorrow and read the paper and it said Vikings Aquired Kurt Warner that I would cry.

Well if he's as good at being backup then why are the Cards so keen to offload him then? Even with their 'franchise' QB you'd expect that they'd want a decent backup on the roster.
However if we picked him up then I guess he would a better alternative to Bollinger in terms of experience and mentoring to T-Jack.

Only one condition though... he leaves that butt-ugly wife of his back in Arizona
;D

idahovikefan7
08-15-2007, 02:24 PM
who the lady with shorter hair than me cut into a bull cut lol?

But i also think he would be a great second stringer with his overall experience and love for the game.

cogitans
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Well if he's as good at being backup then why are the Cards so keen to offload him then? Even with their 'franchise' QB you'd expect that they'd want a decent backup on the roster.
However if we picked him up then I guess he would a better alternative to Bollinger in terms of experience and mentoring to T-Jack.

Only one condition though... he leaves that butt-ugly wife of his back in Arizona
;D

I were wondering at what point she'd be brought into the discussion.

C Mac D
"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

Hahahaha!!!! I was going to say that. Couldn't agree more. Doesn't she look like Kurt? Only with a thicker goatee?

Prophet
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

Cogs, are you still sporting that life-size poster of her on your ceiling?
Or did you take it down after you finished the big project?

Zeus
08-15-2007, 02:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

Well, here comes my lunch right back up.

=Z=

cogitans
08-15-2007, 02:28 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

I love those questions without an answer to them.

Are you sure your not a wanna be reporter that dropped out of journalism school?

Btw do you still hit your wife?

ultravikingfan
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I really would not mind.
I do not think he will cost too much and could be a good mentor for a young QB.
I think he has some gas in the tank as well and he probably is better than our 2 or 3.

Besides, if it did not work out he could bag groceries in the Twin Cities.

AngloVike
08-15-2007, 02:34 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

well when he's got someone in his background that even Rosie O'Donnell might find too butch then it's a legitimate concern.
Sure we can arrange a signed picture for you Cogs ... ;D

cogitans
08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

well when he's got someone in his background that even Rosie O'Donnell might find too butch then it's a legitimate concern.

Remember this:

Arizona (http://www.bangcartoon.com/2005/arizona.htm)

Billy Boy
08-15-2007, 02:46 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

;D

Remember this:

Arizona (http://www.bangcartoon.com/2005/arizona.htm)

Point taken.
Winter Park should give Denny Green a job.

purplepete
08-15-2007, 04:32 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/wcStory?contentId=6534058&storyNumber=2

DaVizzles
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Yes we definatly need to pick him up...I am one of those we need Holcomb people.......I hope we dont get rid of Thigpen though.........We need to get rid of Bollinger

midgensa
08-15-2007, 05:04 PM
I would not mind brining Warner in at all. Although, as most on here think of him coming as backup ... I think he would be coming to compete for the starting job to bring Tarvaris along a little more slowly. I think that Chilli wanted to keep T-Jack off the field for a couple of years before his hand was forced. I think this could at least give him the chance to keep him off of the field for one more year.

ItalianStallion
08-15-2007, 05:05 PM
It seems that everyone outside of Arizona thinks we have a whole bunch of question marks at QB, when all the coaches say Tarvarisis our guy.

Questions marks in performance perhaps, but not regarding who will be starting.

Kurt Warner has his share of question marks as well, as in when was the last time he was anything more than terrible without Pro Bowl WRS..?

BadlandsVikings
08-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Is leaveing her in Arizona an option?

http://media.premierespeakers.com/speakers/photos/web/922_web.jpg

VKG4LFE
08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
If Warner comes cheap and as a BACKUP only, I would be fine with having him. To have him come in and be our starter though I wouldn't like. I think we need to see what Jackson can do. I like having a mobile qb.

FuadFan
08-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I don't think Warner is any good for a west coast offense and considering that the original source of this rumor came from the same place as trading our first round pick for Larry Fitzgerald I say this is BULLSHIT.

singersp
08-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Problem is, what good would he be to us this year? He's unfamiliar with Childress' version of the WCO, doesn't know our playbook, hasn't participated in a single Vikings mini camp, OTA or training camp & would be playing on a complicated offense that many say takes a year to learn.

The time to have signed a veteran was last year or during FA, before the camps began.

A little late now.

VKG4LFE
08-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Good point singer, but haven't you heard that people from Iowa are fast learners? lol

cogitans
08-16-2007, 03:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Problem is, what good would he be to us this year? He's unfamiliar with Childress' version of the WCO, doesn't know our playbook, hasn't participated in a single Vikings mini camp, OTA or training camp & would be playing on a complicated offense that many say takes a year to learn.

The time to have signed a veteran was last year or during FA, before the camps began.

A little late now.

But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Childress did it with Mosley for Bollinger last year, and he also said he would have put him in for Brad at a point in the season, if he hadn't been hurt.

AngloVike
08-16-2007, 03:36 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

please don't tell me that you're getting the hots for this woman
:P

bigbadragz
08-16-2007, 04:18 AM
this is just more of the media figuring we dont have a qb so we'll take anyone and everyone.
you'd figure they'd catch on that the vikes have not been pushing to bring in qbs all offseason.
i could see holcomlb when he gets cut, but to trade for warner.
Why?

singersp
08-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Warner would make sense for Minnesota (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/08/vikings-kurtwarner-rumors160807.html)

By Eric Krupka on August 16, 2007 12:40 AM
realfootball365.com

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the the Minnesota Vikings are interested in Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.

Call me crazy, but acquiring the veteran would be a good move....

PurpleTide
08-16-2007, 07:31 AM
God only if he's outright released, what would the Cards want in a trade... a 7th round pick? I'm just gonna hope we don't get this guy. He's got happy feet, holds onto the ball too long, and his arm is not that strong anymore. I say we go with what we've got. That said I hope Tarvaris stays healthy all season.

Marrdro
08-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks Singer.

I still say the comments are the best part of these articles.....
;D

I dont understand. They had Brad Johnson would could have done the same thing and they refused to even offer him a deal. They practically drove him out of town and to the cowboys where he playing the same role for Romo. Now they go after Curt Warner at a much higher price to basically the same thing. Or else maybe Childress finally figured out what lots of other people figured out about Jackson after the Green Bay game last year: He isn't ready. Or maybe Childress finally figured out that he needs a second string QB and Bollinger isn't it. I suppose next Childress is going to remember that he doesn't any receivers who are good enough to be starters in the NFL. Childress has bet everything on Jackson. If Jackson doesn't work this year, Childress should lose his job.

This guy really believes that B-chill is the head mofo up on Vikings land and that no one else has any say in things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't BJ elect not to stay as our backup?

When the season ended, Childress indicated that Johnson would be welcomed back in a mentoring role, but the 38-year-old -- who has a fierce competitive drive that belies his easygoing demeanor -- said that he still believes he can be a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2783475

ejmat
08-16-2007, 07:44 AM
As much as I like BJ people need to move on.
He didn't want to be here in a backup role.
He wants to win another superbowl before he retires and didn't think that was happening in MN.

As far as Warner goes, he would be a solid backup and he DOES know the WCO (although this one may be a slightly different version) but he was always good about checking down.
That is what this WCO is all about.
The problem are:

- If he is hurried he makes too many mistakes.
- This offense is actually geared toward a mobile QB (The big reason Henson will be out of a job because TJ, Bollinger and Thigpen can all run the rock if needed).

Zeus
08-16-2007, 08:35 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Warner would make sense for Minnesota (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/08/vikings-kurtwarner-rumors160807.html)

By Eric Krupka on August 16, 2007 12:40 AM
realfootball365.com

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the the Minnesota Vikings are interested in Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.

Call me crazy, but acquiring the veteran would be a good move....

It's amazing that a one-line throw-away blurb in some pea-huck's column can generate this much bullshit.

=Z=

Turboe
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Funny you posted that, I was going to post saying "Keep in mind all of you who are for this move, that if this thing becomes a reality, we also get Mrs. Warner in the stands.
It's a package deal."

purplepat
08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
The only "buzz" about the Vikings being interested in Warner is coming from Walters demented little mind.
I think he dreams stuff up and then throws it against the wall to see others places pick it up and run with it as if there were any truth at all to it.

About the only thing Warner can do is teach TJack how to crumble into a little ball when he gets pressured in the pocket.
Warner has pretty much been a big zero since his couple of glory seasons with the Rams.

snowinapril
08-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I just caught the tail end of a PC with Wisenhunt, talking about how good Kurt was as a mentor to Matt.
It didn't sound like he wanted to get rid of Kurt.
This was something I saw yesterday.

Zeus
08-16-2007, 03:50 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Warner-won-t-be-a-Viking?urn=nfl,42218

Warner won't be a Viking
Thursday, Aug 16, 2007 11:01 am EDT

There has been word recently that the Minnesota Vikings might be interested in trading for Kurt Warner.

Perhaps. In any case, the Arizona Cardinals are not interested in dealing the veteran quarterback.

Warner is the team's only experienced backup. The other two quarterbacks in camp, Shane Boyd and Toby Korrodi, have never taken a snap in a regular-season game.

Source: Arizona Republic

That should put an end to THAT stupid rumor.

=Z=

cajunvike
08-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Thank GOD...or not, for those who don't believe in Him!

Prophet
08-16-2007, 03:54 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Warner-won-t-be-a-Viking?urn=nfl,42218

Warner won't be a Viking
Thursday, Aug 16, 2007 11:01 am EDT

There has been word recently that the Minnesota Vikings might be interested in trading for Kurt Warner.

Perhaps. In any case, the Arizona Cardinals are not interested in dealing the veteran quarterback.

Warner is the team's only experienced backup. The other two quarterbacks in camp, Shane Boyd and Toby Korrodi, have never taken a snap in a regular-season game.

Source: Arizona Republic

That should put an end to THAT stupid rumor.

=Z=

That was pulled out of his ass from the beginning anyway. Back on Aug. 8 it was written, which probably doesn't mean anything....especially if the ballboy is involved.

KFFL
Cardinals | Warner to play out contract
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:15:29 -0700

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports Arizona Cardinals QB Kurt Warner said he plans to play through the rest of his contract. Warner, who signed a three-year, $15 million deal with the Cardinals after the 2004 season, had contemplated retiring following the 2006 season after losing his starting job to rookie QB Matt Leinart.

BadlandsVikings
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
"AngloVike" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

YUCK
:-X

http://www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/mrskurtalice.jpg

Angel_Martin
08-16-2007, 10:51 PM
I think with the inexperience we have at QB, a veteran backup makes a lot of sense. Even if he does not take a single snap, a veteran can be a mentor or help the new QB out.

Right now, the Vikings have an inexperienced head coach, and in experienced starting QB and an inexperienced backup QB. Typically, NFL teams want to have someone with a little experience and it is extremely rare to see this little experience by an NFL team.

I think Warner would be ok, but it would really be nice to pick up someone who has some experience, even if it is for a backup role. Not holding my breath though, because it looks like Childress is going to go with Jackson/Bollinger for his top 2 QB's.

KrackerJack
08-16-2007, 11:01 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

YUCK
:-X

http://www.czabe.com/backup/graphics/gallery/Bizarre/mrskurtalice.jpg

um... eww...somebody settled

anyway...i wouldn't mind Kurt coming here, as a mentor to our younger guys of course.
it would make sence and help though, but still gotta have my confidence in TJack!

bigbadragz
08-16-2007, 11:19 PM
getting someone more experienced than bollinger makes perfect sense, but they had time for that and haven't yet.
the only thing that would make sense to me is holcolm if and when he gets cut.
question really is, does childress feel comfortable enough with bollinger?
so far it appears so, so we'll see.

Angel_Martin
08-17-2007, 09:37 PM
If QB Jackson has a subpar season and looks like a rookie, don't be surprised to see the Vikings go for a veteran at QB during next off-season.

Then again, if he struggles, we could be drafting another QB very highly in next year's draft........

Hopefully this is not the case, Jackson looks good and he settles down as our QB for the next 10 plus seasons and has an awesome career here. Now THAT would really make Viking fans happy!!

gregair13
08-17-2007, 09:46 PM
as long as warner never saw the field and looked good in a vikings hat holding a clip board, i would be ok with this

thevikingfan
08-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Kurt warner is still alive? Didnt he used to wear a leather helmet?

Marrdro
08-17-2007, 11:32 PM
"Angel_Martin" wrote:

If QB Jackson has a subpar season and looks like a rookie, don't be surprised to see the Vikings go for a veteran at QB during next off-season.

Then again, if he struggles, we could be drafting another QB very highly in next year's draft........

Hopefully this is not the case, Jackson looks good and he settles down as our QB for the next 10 plus seasons and has an awesome career here. Now THAT would really make Viking fans happy!!

Ummmmmmm
He is pretty damn close to being a rookie.
Because of that he is gonna look like a rookie at times.

Guess what, the dumbest thing we could do would be draft another rookie who in turn would look like a rookie next year.

Give the kid a chance.
He will do fine.

gregair13
08-17-2007, 11:44 PM
i support t jack. all the way

thevikingfan
08-17-2007, 11:47 PM
If the running game is anything like we saw today then very little pressure will be on jackson.

vikingivan
08-18-2007, 04:17 AM
"lakehubertviking" wrote:

Link:

There's buzz that the Vikings could be interested in veteran Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner.

Most people move from Minnesota to Arizona when they get that old not the other way around. :)

I believe with this attitude he would be a positive addition to our team.
He could be a good mentor to TJack.
As far as being a better backup than Bollinger, that would not be too hard.
If we did get him I would have to believe that Bollinger would be released.

Marrdro
08-18-2007, 06:23 AM
"vikingivan" wrote:

"lakehubertviking" wrote:

Link:

I believe with this attitude he would be a positive addition to our team.
He could be a good mentor to TJack.
As far as being a better backup than Bollinger, that would not be too hard.
If we did get him I would have to believe that Bollinger would be released.

Yea, get him in here and Fire the damn QB coach.
TJ needs a mentor....... Jeeesssszzzzzz
::)