PDA

View Full Version : running out of places to go....



vikingtim
11-12-2004, 03:42 PM
I have been a fan for over 30 years now, and have seen the bad and the good of this team. This team pretty much started from scratch three years ago with Tice coming aboard. Now I know we had a good nucleus to start with, being Moss, Bennett, cully, and a half way good O line, but Tice has brought in some guys that have made this team better that was given to him in the beginning, and still people are hard on this man about his ways...Give this guy a chance!!! I liked Green and gave him a chance but he could not get it done, close but never addressed the D. Tice is addressing the D, but the D is still young and we need to keep a D. Corrd. at least a couple of years!!! Maybe this time Contrell will stay and WE WiLL SEE RESULTS. But I am running out of places to interact with loyal fans that understand the views I have with this team. The vikingupdate forum and has gone crazy, Tice haters everywhere, everyone is a coach, everyone can manage a football team better than Tice, ( but I don't seem to see their names on any rosters) just let the man coach and judge him after a fair amount of time has elasped. I hate that forum now, and get more depressed after a vikings lost when reading their rants and hate of Tice. If they were steeler fans they would have been trying to hang their coach the last several years. Until this year Cowler (sp) had been living on the edge in steeler town, but by just staying with a coach you believe in, good things will come around.. I just want to see patience from the fans, I've waited over 30 years now and can wait a little longer knowing we do have a good system and coaching staff, just give them a chance... :thumbleft:

cajunvike
11-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the board, vikingtim!

Great example with Cowher...I am sure that there are other examples of coaches who were given the necessary grace period to get it all together...as for me, I am willing to give him the rest of the year to get us into the playoffs and win at least one game there this year. However, next year (barring injuries) we should expect no less than a Super Bowl trophy (I know that it is asking alot, but looking at the talent level and given the fact that they will have played together for all of this season, I don't think that is too outrageous of an expectation). But, like you, I am a 30+ year fan of the Purple and Gold, and I am willing to be patient in order to see results...to do something rash might upset the chemistry that this team has shown at times...all we need is to put it together for a stretch at the end of the season and who knows, we might even have a chance at the Super Bowl trophy this year (if the Sox could do it in baseball, we can do it in football).

Freya
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Wow!
Well said.

THANKS!

cajunvike
11-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Freya...posting on Friday...well it is your day, so post away!

Freya
11-12-2004, 04:50 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Freya...posting on Friday...well it is your day, so post away!

Aha Cajun
So you know a little of Norse myth.........I'm impressed!


and to Vikingtim......I'm glad you are here, the more Tice supporters the better. :thumbleft:

LosAngelis
11-12-2004, 04:51 PM
"vikingtim" wrote:

Tice haters everywhere, everyone is a coach, everyone can manage a football team better than Tice, ( but I don't seem to see their names on any rosters) just let the man coach and judge him after a fair amount of time has elasped.

Actually, I could manage a game better than Tice.

I think I make more money than Red gives Tice, so why take a paycut? What does Tice make, $10,000 a year?

cajunvike
11-12-2004, 04:54 PM
"Freya" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

Freya...posting on Friday...well it is your day, so post away!

Aha Cajun
So you know a little of Norse myth.........I'm impressed!


and to Vikingtim......I'm glad you are here, the more Tice supporters the better. :thumbleft:

Yes, I have been known to drop some Norse mythology flava on an unsuspecting girl or two...don't hate the playa, hate the game...LOL :lol:

lifelongvike
11-13-2004, 12:53 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"vikingtim" wrote:

Tice haters everywhere, everyone is a coach, everyone can manage a football team better than Tice, ( but I don't seem to see their names on any rosters) just let the man coach and judge him after a fair amount of time has elasped.

Actually, I could manage a game better than Tice.

I think I make more money than Red gives Tice, so why take a paycut? What does Tice make, $10,000 a year?

Hey Los for an Ambassador you are not very diplomatic. Guess there are not enough Chuckie Cheeseheads to have your own site.

To vikingtim I am not a tice hater and would love to see him succeed but clock managment is basic not something it should take years to learn. His track record on the use and non-use of challenges is pretty dismal and has probably cost games. I like his intensity and overall direction for the team but he needs to deligate these two areas who can do them better than he seems to be able to do them.

LosAngelis
11-13-2004, 12:57 PM
"lifelongvike" wrote:



Hey Los for an Ambassador you are not very diplomatic. Guess there are not enough Chuckie Cheeseheads to have your own site.



Webby won't help me set up PHPBB. So, I'm stuck here.

:D

Diplomacy is overrated. And, after the game, so might be the Vikes. Or the Pack. Depends who loses.