PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Alexander - Injury & Future

COJOMAY
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1356751.html
Rookie linebacker Rufus Alexander suffered a serious injury to his right knee.
Rookie linebacker Rufus Alexander, the Vikings' fifth-round draft choice and a rising special teams star, could be lost for the season after suffering a serious injury to his right knee in the Vikings' 13-10 preseason loss to St. Louis.

Coach Brad Childress said the injury would be re-evaluated today. But Alexander, who suffered the injury while covering a kick in the third quarter, likely suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He declined to comment.

Safety Mike Doss suffered a mild concussion and did not return.

And more good stuff...

DaVizzles
08-11-2007, 09:01 PM
What a bunch of B U L L S H I T this guy would have been a key to our damn team....this is why i hate the mother truckin preseason

farvathevikinglover
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
this blows, but I'll stay on the bright side and force myself to think that it could've been worse. we'll see how well that works out.

jessejames09
08-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Can't we now put him on the I.R and keep him for another season without taking a spot on the roster.

This could actually be alright for us. Seeing as he would only be a special teamer for this year anyways and now could avoid being cut.

baumy300
08-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Ahhhh man.....That's horrible.

jessejames09
08-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Trying to stay positive so...

Alexander being out means Robison will be a shoe in for the roster.
I bet that Robison is now moved to will linebacker.

He's undersized with a good motor and speed. Should be able to play a zone def. Will linebacker in the cover 2 is also one of the easiest positions really padding the stats.

Seeing as we Picked up another DL ,fred evans, for Alexanders place (i guess we just needed a DT over an end.)

Our RE would then be james, edwards then mitchell
And LE would be Udeze or Scott, then mitchell

cajunvike
08-11-2007, 11:24 PM
CRAP!!!

I was looking forward to seeing him develop...that's two years in a row that we lose a linebacker that I expected to see have an immediate impact.
Let's hope that next year, he comes out ready to play...like Greenway is doing this year!

vikeswin2005
08-11-2007, 11:27 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
:-

DustinDupont
08-12-2007, 01:02 AM
that sux soooo bad!!!!!!!!

PurpleHornsOfDestruction
08-12-2007, 01:08 AM
i hadan't expected him too start or doo anything anywways this year. Hes undersized and I thought we should have gone after that projected 2nd rounder Brandon siler who olasted miraculously until the 7th.

midgensa
08-12-2007, 03:24 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1356751.html
Rookie linebacker Rufus Alexander suffered a serious injury to his right knee.
Rookie linebacker Rufus Alexander, the Vikings' fifth-round draft choice and a rising special teams star, could be lost for the season after suffering a serious injury to his right knee in the Vikings' 13-10 preseason loss to St. Louis.

Coach Brad Childress said the injury would be re-evaluated today. But Alexander, who suffered the injury while covering a kick in the third quarter, likely suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He declined to comment.

Safety Mike Doss suffered a mild concussion and did not return.

And more good stuff...

This is a bad loss. Kid could really have developed this year and contributed on a few downs. I think that he may have been able to develop into a solid contributor by next year ... now everything is on hold for at least a year.

singersp
08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Awaiting his shot (http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070812/SPORTS/708120302/1006)

Former Westminster star trying to make name with Vikings

By Eric Narcisse
enarcisse@dailyworld.com

If there's one thing former Westminster Crusaders football star Rufus Alexander has learned early in his life, it's patience....

singersp
08-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, thing might drastically change as to making the team with his season ending injury.
:(

jessejames09
08-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Can't we place him on IR and keep him until next season? I mean he is under contract.

singersp
08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
"jessejames09" wrote:

Can't we place him on IR and keep him until next season? I mean he is under contract.

They could, but being a 6th round pick, they might not elect to do so. I imagine it all depends on what they paid him, what his contract states & how much that will cost the Vikings.

IMO, I think the cost will be minimal & they place him on IR & give him a shot next season.

singersp
08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Awaiting his shot (http://www.dailyworld.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070812/SPORTS/708120302/1006)

Former Westminster star trying to make name with Vikings

By Eric Narcisse
enarcisse@dailyworld.com

If there's one thing former Westminster Crusaders football star Rufus Alexander has learned early in his life, it's patience....

I don't understand why this article was merged with Alexanders injury thread. The article has nothing to do with the injury & in fact came out before the game was even played.

marstc09
08-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I am sick of losing guys on a kickoff! Why did we have him doing this but more importantly why was Greenway doing it last year?

singersp
08-13-2007, 05:03 AM
"marstc09" wrote:

I am sick of losing guys on a kickoff! Why did we have him doing this but more importantly why was Greenway doing it last year?

Usually you put other players on the field on the kickoff other than the kicker, to prevent the other team from running it back for a TD.
;)

singersp
08-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Torn ACL sidelines Vikings rookie LB Alexander for season (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2971326&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines)

ESPN.com news services
espn.go.com

Updated: August 13, 2007, 12:04 AM ET

...A sixth-round choice (the 176th prospect selected overall), Alexander will be placed on the injured reserve list. The Vikings anticipate that he will be rehabilitated in time to take part in next spring's offseason conditioning program...

PurpleTide
08-13-2007, 07:05 AM
That's sad news considering all I've heard about this guy has been good. Preseason games are neccesary, but we could do with one or two less. Hopefully he can recover and contribute next year.

DustinDupont
08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
thats very sad, liked him a lot