PDA

View Full Version : WINNING CHANGES VIEWS OF FANS EVERYTIME



Packerguy
11-11-2004, 03:05 PM
After the Packers horrific defeat on Monday night against the titans a few weeks back almost every packer fan had accepted and openly ripped the ineptitude of the team and its future this season. True, we knew the offense was pretty good but the defense was like butter out on a 90 degree day.

The vike fans on this forum and the packer fans on the packer forum I frequent are quite similar in their views. The confidence and swagger goes up and down with each win or loss. A couple losses in a row and the team is doomed or at least they have alot of weaknesses. A couple wins in row and "superbowl here we come".

I suspect the same will hold true after this weekends game. True it is one of the most important games for these two clubs but neither will be doomed if they lose nor will either be automatically in the playoffs if they win.

Bottom line is, your never as good as u think after a win, nor are u as bad when things are at their worst. There is noone in the nfc that looks all that great at this point so I am optomistic if my packers are playing good football at the end they have a chance. I would think that viking fans would feel the same.

PhxFan
11-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Phoenix fans were getting ready for the superbowl after beating Seattle http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-004.gif

VKG4LFE
11-11-2004, 03:59 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

After the Packers horrific defeat on Monday night against the titans a few weeks back almost every packer fan had accepted and openly ripped the ineptitude of the team and its future this season. True, we knew the offense was pretty good but the defense was like butter out on a 90 degree day.

The vike fans on this forum and the packer fans on the packer forum I frequent are quite similar in their views. The confidence and swagger goes up and down with each win or loss. A couple losses in a row and the team is doomed or at least they have alot of weaknesses. A couple wins in row and "superbowl here we come".

I suspect the same will hold true after this weekends game. True it is one of the most important games for these two clubs but neither will be doomed if they lose nor will either be automatically in the playoffs if they win.

Bottom line is, your never as good as u think after a win, nor are u as bad when things are at their worst. There is noone in the nfc that looks all that great at this point so I am optomistic if my packers are playing good football at the end they have a chance. I would think that viking fans would feel the same.

I've had to agree with packer fans too much on this damn board, but I can't argue with anything in the above post!! Man it kills me to agree with cheeseheads!!

Freya
11-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Well.....to agree with a cheeshead is one thing.....try living with one! I do. ARGH!

ultravikingfan
11-11-2004, 07:09 PM
I would have to say that teams with a loyal fan base (yes, the Packer's have good fans, just not the brightest :D ) go through this every year. I know living in Cleveland, after a few losses its time to point fingers and fire somebody.

VKG4LFE
11-12-2004, 12:43 PM
"Freya" wrote:

Well.....to agree with a cheeshead is one thing.....try living with one! I do. ARGH!

One, hell I live with three of them and when it is the summer time 5! (well sort of).

Freya
11-12-2004, 02:38 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Well.....to agree with a cheeshead is one thing.....try living with one! I do. ARGH!

One, hell I live with three of them and when it is the summer time 5! (well sort of).

I'm stunned.........how do you do it?!?!
We have a literal battle ground in the house when the Vikes play the Pack, complete with blaze orange dividing lines and such. Things fly through the air and I'm always pleased when the TV makes it through the game intact. lol
I salute you!

VKG4LFE
11-12-2004, 02:41 PM
I try not to watch football with any of them and we rarely talk about our teams with each other!! We'll talk about the rest of the NFL but our teams are basically off limits to talk about. It's kind of weird really, but I think that's how things stay sane around here!