PDA

View Full Version : Vikings need more production from TEs in '07

singersp
08-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Vikings need more production from TEs in '07 (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/08/vikings-moreproduction-te090807.html)

By Eric Krupka on August 9, 2007 12:19 AM
realfootball365.com

Once an unheralded position known for its blocking skills and the occasional reception, the tight end position has transformed into essentially another form of wide receiver over the past few years....

AngloVike
08-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Well I expect to see them getting more work with T-Jack using them as an escape valve in the first few games of the season. If our TE's are still getting a lot of passes their way as the season progresses then thats a sure sign that our QB/WR linkups aren't working - whether that is the QB with the prob or the WR's.
Shiancoe should be a good pickup but I'm not expecting Gonzalez/Shockey numbers from him as we've never focussed heavily on the TE in our passing game.

Marrdro
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

Well I expect to see them getting more work with T-Jack using them as an escape valve in the first few games of the season. If our TE's are still getting a lot of passes their way as the season progresses then thats a sure sign that our QB/WR linkups aren't working - whether that is the QB with the prob or the WR's.
Shiancoe should be a good pickup but I'm not expecting Gonzalez/Shockey numbers from him as we've never focussed heavily on the TE in our passing game.

Or a sign that the QB/WR linkups are working to the point they are getting extra coverage leaving the TE's (and RB's) open for the underneath stuff.
;D

A big chess match my friend.

Vikes_King
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Vikings need more production from TEs in '07

Really?

God damn, the season really needs to hurry up and start so we don't have to keep reading shit we all could have wrote personally