PDA

View Full Version : Did Williamson catch a lot of deep passes in college?

grpape
08-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry if this has been already discussed. I did a search and couldn't find much to answer my question.

Did TW catch a lot of deep passes in college? I remember seeing a lot of video footage, but most of them seemed to be screens or slants. Does anyone have some video to show that he could catch the ball in college?

Purple Floyd
08-08-2007, 07:59 PM
now that is a good question and a job for YouTube

VKG4LFE
08-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Well, if he did he used them all up in college too.

Purple Floyd
08-08-2007, 08:10 PM
For those of you looking for perspective on him, here is an interview he gave to Mel Kiper before he was drafted.

there are some pretty interesting snippets in there.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=7815

Enjoy

Purple Floyd
08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Where did this stud go?

He had a sideline catch where he one-handed it with a defender on his back.!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84ITtk8J81I

99 yard TD vs UVA !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEzBb3dnUxU

I have to say, I am a pretty conservative fan emotionally but this got me ready for the season. I would love to see one of these popped off against the Bears on the first drive.

BTW can anyone instruct me how to get the you tube videos to show up in the post? Thanks.

grpape
08-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Thanks for diggin' up that video again. I counted about six to eight deep balls. Out of them maybe three or four he had to adjust to make the catch. So, technically he should be able to do this on the next level. However, for most of the video, he is used more like a slot guy. The second video is how he should be used in our system. It kinda reminds me of the TD against us in the Seahawks game last year.

I guess what I'm sayin' is......."Come on Troy, hold on to the rock!"

Purple Floyd
08-08-2007, 08:35 PM
"grpape" wrote:

Thanks for diggin' up that video again. I counted about six to eight deep balls. Out of them maybe three or four he had to adjust to make the catch. So, technically he should be able to do this on the next level. However, for most of the video, he is used more like a slot guy. The second video is how he should be used in our system. It kinda reminds me of the TD against us in the Seahawks game last year.

I agree. And in the interview he said he thought that his skill best fit the WCO so now is his time to prove it.

After seeing that video I really think last year was a mental breakdown and if he can get his head right we will get our moneys worth out of him. Maybe he need a good woman to bring out his MoJo

Purple Floyd
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
One more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y1qT4l4_X4

grpape
08-08-2007, 08:56 PM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

"grpape" wrote:

I agree. And in the interview he said he thought that his skill best fit the WCO so now is his time to prove it.

After seeing that video I really think last year was a mental breakdown and if he can get his head right we will get our moneys worth out of him. Maybe he need a good woman to bring out his MoJo

Like you said, that one handed catch on the sideline with a guy on him was nice. Some will say he was lucky and the ball just stuck. However, there were a couple more (catch while two defenders crossed in front and the one that the the safety flashes right in front of him). I really hope that it was just his confidence that he lost last year.

MetalMike-LoudVike
08-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope what this is the guy who shows up and burns some DB's. THey need that type of threat he has that potential it just needs to be properly applied.

ForceOfNorse
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM
Damn! After watchin those vids, I'm wondering why he hasn't done Jack Pooh! for us!!!
It sure didn't look like he had depth perception problems in college!!!

If he can fix that problem, we've got a pretty good receiving corps!
Actually, if he and Sidney Rice, and Bobby Wade are all out there and do the things that made us go out and get them, our receiving corps will actually be
scary!

DaVizzles
08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Those are some good songs. I always watched him he was a absoulute stud i thought he was gonna be a superstar......He still has a chance to be good i havent given up

Vikes_King
08-09-2007, 01:17 AM
only time will tell i guess if he's already past his prime ('._.)

midgensa
08-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I am from Charlottesville, Va., and I remember the 99-yarder against UVa and also caught some other games where he made a handful of big plays. Even in college though, he was not a game-breaker type (i.e. Peter Warrick, Calvin Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams). If course the gamebreakers don't always become studs ... and vice versa ...
I think that Troy has an immense amount of talent and seems to be finding the right work ethic. Not ready to give up on him just yet.

magicci
08-09-2007, 03:12 AM
if you notice in his college videos he's wearing a visor. do you think that helped him more in college with his vision? because i dont think he's worn a visor when he was with the vikings.