PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Lance Johnstone?

dan3ski
11-09-2004, 12:09 AM
He is way to much of a veteran to pull a bone-head rookie mistake and hit the QB when he slides feet first. I must wonder how much he was paid to throw the game!

Vikes
11-09-2004, 12:10 AM
I dont' know what the hell he was thinking bone head!

cajunvike
11-09-2004, 12:32 AM
CUT HIM!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!

Bring back Chuck Wiley...he wouldn't have made the same stupid mistake.

NeoVikesTX
11-09-2004, 12:37 AM
OK that is a little drastic. The guy has 5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this season.

It was a dumb play, but let's not cut the guy. They would of drove down the field and won the game anyway, our D is terrible right now.

dan3ski
11-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Giving them 15 yds really hurt and it was at a very crucial time in the game.

AngloVike
11-09-2004, 12:48 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Giving them 15 yds really hurt and it was at a very crucial time in the game.
agreed if he was going to get penalised for it then he should have made it worthwhile and taken Manning out of the game ..

pep2moss
11-09-2004, 01:02 AM
it looked like he was in the air when manning started to slide but he kind of threw his arm at the end of the play but this guy has done great things for us the past couple years but really, this was crucial

ADubya26
11-09-2004, 11:38 AM
It was kind of dirty, but I was happy because I hate Manning..but I wasnt happy about the 15 yarder obviously.

snowinapril
11-09-2004, 02:44 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

OK that is a little drastic. The guy has 5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this season.

It was a dumb play, but let's not cut the guy. They would of drove down the field and won the game anyway, our D is terrible right now.

OK, BUT he is still a bone head. He lacks intelligence.

Keep the cheap shots off the field or get off the field.

This isn't the first bone head thing he has done. He has had bone head penalties previously.

VikingsTw
11-09-2004, 04:59 PM
Johnstone has made WAY WAY more plays for us than penalties. He's had his games, but there has also been games where he single handidly whipped ass on the offense (ie. Broncos last year) He's ended games on batted balls. He was frustrated sh*t happens move on. If anyone made any mistakes lets talk about Newmans ability to put his hands up when he goes after the QB. That pisses me off. He had chances to make play and he went after the sack.

Johnstone is a playmaker and he wants to win, you can tell by his presence on the sideline.

snowinapril
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I am not going to argue about Johnstone. Not worth my time.

He is the best player on our team!!!

PurpleReign
11-09-2004, 05:14 PM
It was a bad game all around by Johnstone. Especially, on that final drive. He ran right past Edge on a handoff...TWICE in three plays.

On a swing pass to James on 3rd down, Johnstone was RIGHT FREAKING THERE!! All's he had to do was move one millimeter and he would have knocked the ball down. Even after Edge caught it, Johnstone went for the tackle, and slipped off him like sheet of ice, and Edge ran for a 1st down.

Then the penalty.

Bad, bad game by a guy who has been really soild for us the better part of the last two years. Pick it up next week, Lance!

snowinapril
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
"PurpleReign" wrote:

It was a bad game all around by Johnstone. Especially, on that final drive. He ran right past Edge on a handoff...TWICE in three plays.

On a swing pass to James on 3rd down, Johnstone was RIGHT FREAKING THERE!! All's he had to do was move one millimeter and he would have knocked the ball down. Even after Edge caught it, Johnstone went for the tackle, and slipped off him like sheet of ice, and Edge ran for a 1st down.

Then the penalty.

Bad, bad game by a guy who has been really soild for us the better part of the last two years. Pick it up next week, Lance!

Thank You PurpleReign!!! That's it I am out of this thread.