PDA

View Full Version : Proud of this team!

MossWilliamsHenderson
11-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm proud of this team, we didn't give up after being behind 14-0. Even though we lost, the Burleson punt return for the touchdown is the highlight of the game! Losing on the road by 3 points WITHOUT Moss isn't too shabby! Our defense needs work though! If we want to beat the Packers, our defense needs to play better next week!

PhxFan
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Was a great game...as billed!! So close....http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/sarge/Sad_anim.gif

Vikes
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:

I'm proud of this team, we didn't give up after being behind 14-0. Even though we lost, the Burleson punt return for the touchdown is the highlight of the game! Losing on the road by 3 points WITHOUT Moss isn't too shabby! Our defense needs work though! If we want to beat the Packers, our defense needs to play better next week!I agree they played well Johnston hit was just STUPID. But overall B+ for the game.

so-cal vike
11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
The loss hurts but , it really was exciting right to the end.

PAvikesfan
11-08-2004, 11:13 PM
i aggree... i am very proud to be a vikes fan tonight... they played their heart out...

T-Bone
11-08-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't think splitting time between backs is a good idea. Commit to one guy and let him get his feet under him. We do have a more balanced offense now that we have a tight end who can catch. Reminds me of Andrew Glover days.
MNF quote of the night:
Tafoya: Hey John, how can a team get better at getting back into the game when they are down early?
Madden: Well, they gotta get better at getting back into the game.

so-cal vike
11-08-2004, 11:19 PM
"T-Bone" wrote:

I don't think splitting time between backs is a good idea. Commit to one guy and let him get his feet under him. We do have a more balanced offense now that we have a tight end who can catch. Reminds me of Andrew Glover days.
MNF quote of the night:
Tafoya: Hey John, how can a team get better at getting back into the game when they are down early?
Madden: Well, they gotta get better at getting back into the game.Clearly Smith was the favorite choice. It seems that Tice was splitting time in order see if Bennett would produce and to keep him happy. Smith will be the clear starter next week.

NeoVikesTX
11-08-2004, 11:21 PM
"T-Bone" wrote:

MNF quote of the night:

Nice! Gotta love John Madden! He is a football genius.

pep2moss
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
this game was a great learning experience for our team proving to them that we indeed can come back from a deficit and that we actually do have a special teams, greatest special teams play all around in i dont know how long, but in the end we couldnt get the ball back, im betting that we can play great against the pack

cajunvike
11-08-2004, 11:25 PM
"NeoVikesTX" wrote:

"T-Bone" wrote:

MNF quote of the night:

Nice! Gotta love John Madden! He is a football genius.

He makes a pretty good Video game too...LOL :lol:

Big Daddy
11-08-2004, 11:26 PM
I am proud of the team comming from behind and making a game of it and not just rolling over and getting pounded. But a loss is still a loss and it doesn't matter if its by 1 or 100. The Viks need to figure out how to win without Moss and the D needs to get way better.

T-Bone
11-08-2004, 11:31 PM
Watching Hovan again, saw some double teams but one on one a lot and still no pressure. Could trade him along with a RB for some defensive stud.

shockzilla
11-08-2004, 11:39 PM
You know what? I disagree with a lot of you guys - they didn't play well, especially on defense in the first quarter! And that fumbled exchange the first play of the game - what a pathetic display! They really embarassed themselves right off the bat. And when they scored with 2+ minutes left to tie it at 28, I knew it was over. There was NO WAY they were going to stop the Colts in the last 2 minutes of the game. Call me cynical, but their defense left a LOT to be desired tonight. Missed tackles ALL NIGHT, stupid penalties (The Johnstone hit was an iffy call if you ask me), and that pass rush was non-existent most of the night! They had several missed opportunities for interceptions as well. Overall I'd give their performance a C+, tops. They really need to improve their defensive schemes or it's going to be a long season...

T-Bone
11-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Can a defensive coordinator really help the team make tackles? It seems pretty basic to me. Stop the guy with the ball. If the Vikes aren't hungry on defense, it doesn't matter who is calling the shots. Last year we saw Chavous and Russell all over the field. This year you don't even notice them.

PhxFan
11-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Other than speed...I can't believe our huge line was getting beat all night by the Colts D line. And if ONE guy is giving you grief, gang up on him...but the way that was going, would of opened up for someone else. I kept waiting for them to bear down/get mad/shut that line down/push them out of the way...do something to them..............

enlvikeman
11-08-2004, 11:51 PM
you guys just don't get it...you can scream and jump all you want...the vikes do not have the players with the talent level to have a good defense. so there's nothing we can do about it but sit down and grit our teeth. it upsets me seeing the missed tackles and weak coverage but i've learned to expect it. also please try to remember that mccombs had every oppurtunity in the world to obtain kearse, trotter, and other defensive talent out there and he chose not to. it's like asking tice to build a strong house with clay.

AngloVike
11-09-2004, 12:06 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

You know what? I disagree with a lot of you guys - they didn't play well, especially on defense in the first quarter! And that fumbled exchange the first play of the game - what a pathetic display! They really embarassed themselves right off the bat. And when they scored with 2+ minutes left to tie it at 28, I knew it was over. There was NO WAY they were going to stop the Colts in the last 2 minutes of the game. Call me cynical, but their defense left a LOT to be desired tonight. Missed tackles ALL NIGHT, stupid penalties (The Johnstone hit was an iffy call if you ask me), and that pass rush was non-existent most of the night! They had several missed opportunities for interceptions as well. Overall I'd give their performance a C+, tops. They really need to improve their defensive schemes or it's going to be a long season...

The first half was not good and there were times when our D players looked totally disinterested going up to the line of scrimmage. The Colts made smart calls when using WRs to clear our DBs from one side of the field so that a TE or RB could flare out into all that space.
Tackling was p££s poor all game and is such a basic thing for a defensive player. The DL could have done with getting more pressure on Manning but they did have their moments. Cottrell, so far, has not shown us the much-improved D that training camp promised. I can see that we need another DT to go with KWill and BKU to have a consistent DL. We obviously miss Irving but another tier 1 FA CB/MLB need to be brought in as well.
STs looked better than they have for awhile and Burleson finally broke a big one out for us. I was waiting for a flag to come flying in after the play and was pleasantly surprised when there wasn't one.

Offensively we stuttered in the first half but did start to pull it together in the second. SOD played well as did Wiggins and the WRs, though they all need to learn to push for that extra yard to get the first down.

In all a better second half than first though not enough to justify them winning. Tice and the staff need to get their game plans prepared and executed better, work on their clock/time out management - otherwise more games will be lost through either being out-coached or just through bonehead decisions

sdvikefan
11-09-2004, 02:21 AM
I still have patience with our defense. I do agree with you guys about the missed tackles. On several plays we could have had Edge for no gain or even a loss but he ended up gaining 7 or 8 yards because of piss poor tackling.

But I knew we'd struggle defensively in this game. Enlvikeman is partly right...we didn't have the talent on defense to match up well in THIS game. The Colts just have way too many weapons to defend.

Kleinsasser40
11-09-2004, 02:34 AM
They played well. I am proud of them. Our offense kept with them even without the best reciever in the game. It was mistake free football on both reams (except that one fumble on first play). No turnovers. Great Job Burley! That was a Vikes moment I will never forget.

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened. We need to get healthy. I still think we have the potential to make if far, to the playoffs, and maybe even the superbowl, but our best year will be next year, when we get healthy again. I am convinced that if we were 100% healthy for at least most of the time this year we would be 8-0 now. Jimmy would have been awesome helping us block vs the Eagles, and Moss could ahve lit up both the Giants and Colts.

Our backups have stepped up as decent starters, but they jsut arent cutting it much anymore, we need healthy linebackers, we miss Irvin dearly, Moss needs to come back fast, him being out is taking the faith out of the entire team, Rosenthal being healthy would have taken away about 6-8 of our false start penalties in the last few games. I still have high hopes for this year, we could still win it all, we have the talent. But our best team will be next year if we can get everyone back. If we get them all back then its not a "might be the best" situation, we WILL be the best in the NFL and we WILL win the superbowl, perhaps for the second year in a row...you can quote me on that.

Kleinsasser40
11-09-2004, 02:35 AM
All I can say now is look out Wisconsin. You are about to get a pissed off train coming in your direction. We know what we have to do, and you are about to get the blunt of it in your face.

VikingsTw
11-09-2004, 02:44 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

They played well. I am proud of them. Our offense kept with them even without the best reciever in the game. It was mistake free football on both reams (except that one fumble on first play). No turnovers. Great Job Burley! That was a Vikes moment I will never forget.

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened. We need to get healthy. I still think we have the potential to make if far, to the playoffs, and maybe even the superbowl, but our best year will be next year, when we get healthy again. I am convinced that if we were 100% healthy for at least most of the time this year we would be 8-0 now. Jimmy would have been awesome helping us block vs the Eagles, and Moss could ahve lit up both the Giants and Colts.

Our backups have stepped up as decent starters, but they jsut arent cutting it much anymore, we need healthy linebackers, we miss Irvin dearly, Moss needs to come back fast, him being out is taking the faith out of the entire team, Rosenthal being healthy would have taken away about 6-8 of our false start penalties in the last few games. I still have high hopes for this year, we could still win it all, we have the talent. But our best team will be next year if we can get everyone back. If we get them all back then its not a "might be the best" situation, we WILL be the best in the NFL and we WILL win the superbowl, perhaps for the second year in a row...you can quote me on that.

Thats something that i was goin to bring up, on the shovle pass he went for the sack not the ball, i saw him do it twice as you did klien and i was pissed :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: , just dont understand, he had a chance to make huge plays, hes gotta get his hands up and make a play on the ball.

hawaiianvike21
11-09-2004, 02:59 AM
I agree with just about everyone on the heart but the defense needs to get better in which i dont see happening anytime soon as we play a qb that is good but not manning level right now. BUt still yet we could get torched by green and farve this week if the d doesnt play welll.

I liked how special teams played though, they got good field positon often, didnt give up big returns, didnt miss field goals, etc. The only thing wrong is elling getting hurt.

But i definetly like the heart the team gave after what appeared to be a rout for the colts.

WaltzingMewelde
11-09-2004, 07:46 AM
This game was frustrating to watch. For one thing, the vikings looked unprepared the whole game. Too many players on the field, too few players on the field...what did that lead to...misuse of timeouts.

Their two minutes drill is pathetic. Ive seen high schools manage the clock better under 2 minutes. Culpepper needs to learn to get his team to the line of scrimmage and run a damn play. In the first half, i was disgusted. We didnt even get a shot at the end zone because of their performance under the pressure of the clock.

Tackling. This is god awful. We missed tackles all nite. Coupled with the misuse of timeouts, the tackling ended up costing us the game. Granted Peyton made a very heady play with the left handed shovel pass, but come on. Edgerrin broke three tackles within five yards on the way to getting the first down to seal the game. If someone makes a tackle there, we call timeout, force a field goal try and we get the ball back with a chance to tie or win.

I dont care if its with or without moss, home or on the road. We need to go out prepared and win these kind of tough games. yeah, they came back from 14 down...who gives a sh*t. We lost. This is a game we easily could have came away with, but in true viking style, they found a way to blow it.

kramer9guy
11-09-2004, 08:36 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:

I agree 100%

cajunvike
11-09-2004, 08:42 AM
"PhxFan" wrote:

Other than speed...I can't believe our huge line was getting beat all night by the Colts D line. And if ONE guy is giving you grief, gang up on him...but the way that was going, would of opened up for someone else. I kept waiting for them to bear down/get mad/shut that line down/push them out of the way...do something to them..............

They did adjust for Freeney...sliding the line down and pulling Birk or a guard to help McKinney...then the Colts switched him to the other side and he got that last sack...overall, the line did fairly well...good enough to win. The real blame is on the poor tackling of the defense...they need to get more third down stops and get the ball back to the offense...the time of possession in the first half was crucial.

cajunvike
11-09-2004, 08:47 AM
"enlvikeman" wrote:

you guys just don't get it...you can scream and jump all you want...the vikes do not have the players with the talent level to have a good defense. so there's nothing we can do about it but sit down and grit our teeth. it upsets me seeing the missed tackles and weak coverage but i've learned to expect it. also please try to remember that mccombs had every oppurtunity in the world to obtain kearse, trotter, and other defensive talent out there and he chose not to. it's like asking tice to build a strong house with clay.

We have the TALENT, just not enough experience...that will come with time, just not this year unfortunately. I think that we are a year away from being Super Bowl champions (although I am totally prepared to win it this year and be wrong)...the defense just needs to work on getting better (which they have done as the year progresses) and most importantly, the Vikings need to win the games that they are supposed to win (no repeat of last year)...we do that and we will be in the playoffs, which is like a new season (the Sox proved that if you go on a tear late, you can win it all)...so focus on getting to the playoffs and then put it all together...we may be surprised at what we have at the end of the season.

little redhead
11-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Defense did pretty crappy last night. We really need our linebackers to step it up I know they are young but that is what is killing us the most. Tackling was awful. Why Tice called time out on the first drive on 3rd and 33 not sure except maybe to get the team settled down after the fumble stupid call though. Then at the end of the first half what kind of clock management was that. Daunte didn't hurry and get the ball downed and then they let the clock go to two seconds before calling the time out what were they smoking. They could have taken one more shot at the end zone and got a touchdown instead of the field goal which could have made the difference but you can't second guess what might have happened but they definately had bad clock management at the end of the first half. So the first half of the game I blame mistakes on the offense and clock management. The offense couldn't do anything the first half and our defense was on the field the majority of the first half and only allowed 14 points which if the offense had played smarter could have caught up. The second half you could blame on the defense. Nobody tackled it seems every play I was screaming at the tv to tackle. Then the stupid play by Johnstone pretty much sealed the deal. I have given the defense credit over that last few games of getting better and they just needed a little time but last nights second half was surely a pathetic effort by our defense. If we lose next week or should I say this week against the pack I hate to say it but it will be hard for them to overcome this and it will start to look a lot like last year. The defense needs to show us something next week and everyone else needs to play mistake free football.

TheAnimal93
11-09-2004, 09:29 AM
all i have to say is hovan needs to go or step it up, his idol was/is john randle......right now he couldnt even hold his jock strap. mnf.........last minutes of the game.......lets take a swipe at the QBs head IN THE MIDDLE of the field, johnstone YOURE A MORON!!! strike two for him. And mt. mckinnie played like a dormant mountain, no eruptions....OOH WAIT, prematurely....oops......and another thing, his play last night was like his fri night battles.....AWFUL!!!!!
when will the vikings play for sixty minutes as a team? more boneheads out to birk and tice. way to go, embarrasing!!!!! and sorry to anyone who is offended by this........but i dont sugar coat my football opinions.

cajunvike
11-09-2004, 10:01 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

Defense did pretty crappy last night. We really need our linebackers to step it up I know they are young but that is what is killing us the most. Tackling was awful. Why Tice called time out on the first drive on 3rd and 33 not sure except maybe to get the team settled down after the fumble stupid call though. Then at the end of the first half what kind of clock management was that. Daunte didn't hurry and get the ball downed and then they let the clock go to two seconds before calling the time out what were they smoking. They could have taken one more shot at the end zone and got a touchdown instead of the field goal which could have made the difference but you can't second guess what might have happened but they definately had bad clock management at the end of the first half. So the first half of the game I blame mistakes on the offense and clock management. The offense couldn't do anything the first half and our defense was on the field the majority of the first half and only allowed 14 points which if the offense had played smarter could have caught up. The second half you could blame on the defense. Nobody tackled it seems every play I was screaming at the tv to tackle. Then the stupid play by Johnstone pretty much sealed the deal. I have given the defense credit over that last few games of getting better and they just needed a little time but last nights second half was surely a pathetic effort by our defense. If we lose next week or should I say this week against the pack I hate to say it but it will be hard for them to overcome this and it will start to look a lot like last year. The defense needs to show us something next week and everyone else needs to play mistake free football.

Must have stumbled on some of Onterrio's old stash...LOL

Cut Johnstone!!!

What this team needs in some good old Form Tackling Drill and some Bull in the Ring!!!

josdin00
11-09-2004, 11:02 AM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened.

Keith Newman made the correct play on that last pass to James. He came in from Manning's right side, and got his arms up right in front of Mannings throwing arm. Manning switch the ball to his left hand to throw it. There's no way Newman had time to bring his arms back down to block the left arm too. That was just a good play by Manning. If Kevin Williams had actually tackled James on that play, they would have been stopped short, and the Vikings would have had time for a drive after the inevitable field goal. James just was shedding tackles all night, and that's what killed us. You can't blame Newman for that play.

I thought the defensive coaches actually did a decent job this game. The defense looked bad in the first half, again, due mostly to bad tackles, but Manning was picking tehm apart pretty well. Then, at the half, they obviously made some adjustments to their plan. In the second half, the defense was using a lot more pre-snap shifts, which frequently made Manning go to a second or sometimes third play. As a results, the Colts didn't seem as crisp in the second half, especially their blocking schemes, and the Vikings had a bit more luck stopping them. That gave the offense the opportunity to get back into the game.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-09-2004, 04:25 PM
ya'll said a mouthful so I won't bother reiterating the points made. I'll just say this... I was pretty impressed. Not with the first half obviously or... with the D too much... but we hung in there with an explosive team... everyone has been saying that when it counts we don't have it... well I think we do... I think our loss last night was purely with bad coaching and time management. (Not to say Tice is an idiot DoubleDown)

SKOL
11-09-2004, 04:40 PM
I was just looking for a positive thread to read and post on... I figured "Proud of this Team" would be the one - I guess not. It is hard to find too many positives when we've lost two in a row. One things for sure though, there's always next week and WE WILL BE UP FOR THE PACK.

snowinapril
11-09-2004, 04:52 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

I was just looking for a positive thread to read and post on... I figured "Proud of this Team" would be the one - I guess not. It is hard to find too many positives when we've lost two in a row. One things for sure though, there's always next week and WE WILL BE UP FOR THE PACK.

That is true. We were much more positive about 3 weeks ago. We were only bickering about Hovan and the RB's.

Positive about last nights game: It is over!!!!! Another positive, I only have to wait 5 (mon game) days until redemption instead of 6 (sun game) days.

Another Positive: Skolpepper was 16-19 passing last night.

Another Positive: Someone still thinks that Johnstone is our saviour and a stand up guy, a staple on our team.

Another Positive: The T-Wolves play tonight, with a win it might lift our spirits.

Another Positive: Campbell and Burleson had some good catches and they didn't drop any passes. they stepped it up. (not a positive but worth noting----Robinson's foot injury must have been bothering him more than anyone was letting on).

Thanks, and I apologize for a couple of sarcastic jabs there.

snowinapril
11-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Another Positive: We don't have the pressure of having to keep the streak of 300yds/gm offense going.

Another Positive: We are half way to 10-6 on the season.

lifelongvike
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Shockzilla is right, they did not play well last night or for the last two and a half games for that matter. At least Elling knows how to bring a runner down which is more than you can say about the arm tackle crew passing off as defense.

I think a c+ is generous but at best they were average and average teams only get to go to the playoffs if they buy tickets.

SKOL
11-09-2004, 05:23 PM
"lifelongvike" wrote:

At least Elling knows how to bring a runner down which is more than you can say about the arm tackle crew passing off as defense.

LOL and welcome to the board LLV. :salute:

WaltzingMewelde
11-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Snowinapril is killing me! Why do we play the game? One answer - To win the game! We dont play to look for positives. You sound like Tice right now. His whole press conference was about the 'positives' that he saw. Yeah, well you know what, we made some plays on special teams...big deal. The vikings cant do fundamental things like making tackles. The offense cant run a 2 minute drill effectively, and the vikings dont know how to manange the clock overall. All these things are a must in this league!!! An absolute must! Yes, i know we are a young team...but cmon, how long we gonna use this excuse. If the vikings dont come away with a win this weekend...we are in deep sh*t.

purplehorn
11-10-2004, 08:51 AM
"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:

. Even though we lost, the Burleson punt return for the touchdown is the highlight of the game!

That was great as was DC runs at the end of the game he looked
like he had desire. They came back and made it a game.

Looking at our schedule there is no reason we shouldn't finish
12-4 going into the playoffs and who knows from there. One
play away from beating Philly or Indy I guess we'll see.

little redhead
11-10-2004, 08:53 AM
I was thinking that same thing this morning about their record. I was looking down the road to see who we play and if we pull it together a little there really is no reason we can't go 12-4.

cajunvike
11-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the board, lifelongvike...the best sports fan message board with the most loyal sports fans ever!

snowinapril
11-10-2004, 09:54 AM
"WaltzingMewelde" wrote:

Snowinapril is killing me! Why do we play the game? One answer - To win the game! We dont play to look for positives. You sound like Tice right now. His whole press conference was about the 'positives' that he saw. Yeah, well you know what, we made some plays on special teams...big deal. The vikings cant do fundamental things like making tackles. The offense cant run a 2 minute drill effectively, and the vikings dont know how to manange the clock overall. All these things are a must in this league!!! An absolute must! Yes, i know we are a young team...but cmon, how long we gonna use this excuse. If the vikings dont come away with a win this weekend...we are in deep sh*t.

What part, I have a lot of takes.

I have been thinking though. How did we end up only 3 points behind?

That is the question we all should be asking.

It was a gutsy come back. But yes it was hard to stomach because we kicked our own ass once again. We were there on D and had a hard time making the play. We missed a couple(more than a couple) of tackle in key plays through out the game. On that last drive by Indy, we had a coverage sack about to happen and we let Manning out of the containment and he runs for 15 yds or so. We played well in some situations

The thing to remember is that if we would have won that game, some of us would still be appalled. But it is a lot easier to stomach with a win. We also wouldn't be talking as much about the horrible play. Things look and will look bleak until we get that next win.

OK maybe the glass is hard to visualize as being half full after a game like the last 2 but it is atleast has to be one-third full. Point being is that I am still trying to be optimistic. If you are a fan and don't try to spin it as optimism, why even be a fan. Why not forget football and go hunting instead or find something else to do like paint HAPPY TREES with the hippy painter on PBS.

snowinapril
11-10-2004, 10:02 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

I was thinking that same thing this morning about their record. I was looking down the road to see who we play and if we pull it together a little there really is no reason we can't go 12-4.

That is a lot of optimism there that is what I am looking for.

Honestly though that would be a hell of a finish.

If we finish 12-4, we will win the Super Bowl with that much momentum. Also because in order to get to 12-4 we will have had to step up the Defensive play. Also that would mean that our offense was back on track.

SKOL
11-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I'll save my predictions until after the Packers game. 11-5 is still do-able (a 5-3 start and a 6-2 finish) but we have to stop the slide now, starting with the Pack.

little redhead
11-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Agreed. We need to win this weekend. If it is inevitable that we split this year with the pack I would rather get the win this weekend as we need it to stop the slide. But I have a feeling we might take both from them this year.

triedandtruevikesfan
11-10-2004, 10:28 AM
This weekend is very important... no only are they our division rivals, but if we don't win... we'll be tied with them!! We can do it though! The division is ours this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lifelongvike
11-10-2004, 10:32 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Welcome to the board, lifelongvike...the best sports fan message board with the most loyal sports fans ever!

Thanks!

Kleinsasser40
11-10-2004, 12:25 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

Keith Newman...I am getting tired of him though. Twice I saw him running after Manning, and Twice I saw him toss the ball directly over his head. The guy needs to learn to GET HIS HANDS UP when going oafter the QB. If he would have put up his hands both of the plays (including the one that pretty much ended the game) the ball would have been tipped/knocked down, and they might not have happened.

Keith Newman made the correct play on that last pass to James. He came in from Manning's right side, and got his arms up right in front of Mannings throwing arm.

He attempted at putting his arms up, but unfortunately it looked like he was falling over or something so his arms only went about as high as Mannings stomach. He needs to stay upright when he sees that Manning's eyes are locked on to a target RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

SKOL
11-10-2004, 04:11 PM
There were a bunch of people in Live Chat during the game. After that play I posted "Manning is the man". I got lambasted by all in chat (%$&*#). It was an amazing play..., but I guess IT WAS the dagger.

VKG4LFE
11-10-2004, 05:08 PM
It's a long season boys (and girls) don't get too worried yet! Let's see how the game against the slackers goes!