PDA

View Full Version : Vikings QB transitions through the years

singersp
07-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Quarterback transitions through the years (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1322125.html)

Last update: July 25, 2007 – 12:36 AM

startribune.com

Never in their 46-year history have the Vikings been poised to enter the season with so little experience at quarterback....

singersp
07-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Never in their 46-year history have the Vikings been poised to enter the season with so little experience at quarterback....

??? I don't know how he can claim that. Didn't both Gannon & Culpepper start with no game experience? T-Jack has started 2.

Marrdro
07-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Damn, I forgot all about old Bubby
;D

AngloVike
07-25-2007, 07:23 AM
"singersp" wrote:

??? I don't know how he can claim that. Didn't both Gannon & Culpepper start with no game experience? T-Jack has started 2.

as the article shows you're right about Gannon & Culpepper - think they're saying that at least the backup had a few more starts under their belt. At present I'm comfortable with T-Jack going in as starter unless he shows me a good reason to change my mind. Teams have started rookies at QB before and haven't had the media all over them like they are with T-Jack starting. At least in his favour is that he has had a years exposure to Childress's offensive schemes so they're not new to him.

Hope he likes being watched as their will be many eyes watching his every step, flinch, look, read and execution in the first week. If he can get through that without causing concern then some of the pressure will ease off just a little - least until the first pre-season game

sleepagent
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm not as concerned knowing that GANNON is helping out (he is still helping out, right?)

There really isn't anyone out there, so you work with the cards you've picked.

BadlandsVikings
07-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Jim McMahon should never have been there.