PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com (Dave Gladow) predicts the Vikings go 6-10

TMAC604
07-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Vikings 6-10 and the Lions 9-7.
LOL
What is also funny is that the NFC East's teams will all go 7-9.

http://nfl.com/news/story/10263285

Marrdro
07-23-2007, 11:03 AM
This, believe it or not was really a pretty good read
;D

Have a few people on here (Not me of course
;D) that apply this to some topics.

5.) Find a pick you feel good about and then stress the heck out of it. If you're confident about a certain team (and better yet, if you have evidence to back it up), beat it into the ground. Bring it up every chance you get, and don't ever stop talking about it. Make the readers so sick of hearing about it that they can't help but remember when you're right later on ... unless you're wrong. Then pray for a quick death.

Good find TMAC607.

NodakPaul
07-23-2007, 11:57 AM
He has the pack going 3-13. ;D

sleepagent
07-23-2007, 12:01 PM
A little luck here . . . an extra yard there . . . a gang tackle for a loss everywhere . . . and suddenly we are the team to beat in the NFC!

But then again . . . isn't that every team in the NFL?
I can see us being worse than last year (record wise), and at the same time . . . shocking everyone.

Here's to 1998 all over again (only closing the deal this time!)

ItalianStallion
07-23-2007, 12:11 PM
lol, everyone in the East at 7-9?
What a forking joke.

BadlandsVikings
07-23-2007, 12:25 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

That's perfect.

ultravikingfan
07-23-2007, 12:27 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

That's perfect.

I think that gives the guy some credibility.

I see 6-10 as an accurate prediction give or take a game.

Ltrey33
07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm with Ultra. I think that is pretty accurate!

MetalMike-LoudVike
07-23-2007, 12:48 PM
Well geez I don't think I can jump on the 6-10 bandwagon something here
is not stirrng the kool-aid. It though a righteous assumption that Green Bay is 3-13 now that I can deal with.

vikingivan
07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't care what Dave Gladow thinks.
I am sticking with my 11-5 record.

We beat Atlanta at home with our without Vick

We win at Detroit

We win at Kansas City with Coyle, or Huard at QB and no LJ.

The Packers stink we beat them at home

We beat Philly at home when the team Rallys to win one for Childress.

We beat the Raiders at home

We win at New York again

We beat the Lions at home for a sweep.

We win at San Francisco after scoring only 10 points.

We beat the Bears at home.

We beat the Redskins at home.

Yes, I do have my purple glasses on.

ItalianStallion
07-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I don't think it would be unreasonable at all to think we could go 4-0 to start the season, especially if Vick and LJ are not playing.

Newman
07-23-2007, 02:27 PM
after the four automatic wins (2 Detroit, 2 Green Bay) i know we will win more 2 games.

bigbadragz
07-23-2007, 02:44 PM
we should just get used to this, until we start knocking people off and then everyone will be talking about how we are this years n.o. saints.
i hate saying this cuz it is such a generalization but do these guys even watch viking games.

Marrdro
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
"bigbadragz" wrote:

we should just get used to this, until we start knocking people off and then everyone will be talking about how we are this years n.o. saints.
i hate saying this cuz it is such a generalization but do these guys even watch viking games.

Naw, they read the drivel that the local hacks like Tom Powers puts out and then regurge it as thier own drivel.

TMAC604
07-23-2007, 02:52 PM
My prediction is 9-7.
Our defense should be able to hold offenses to under 20 points per game.
All T-Jack had to do is execute the play action pass with AP and CT in the backfield and we will be ok.
Don't think we will be able to come from behind alot so hopefully the D plays like the second half of last year.

Mr-holland
07-23-2007, 03:00 PM
"Newman" wrote:

after the four automatic wins (2 Detroit, 2 Green Bay) i know we will win more 2 games.

well did we have our 2 automatic wins against GB last year???
i think we won't have a great record but we don't need to when your rebuilding your team, so even if we go 4-12 i won't mind because in the long run we're better off

duvaldomo
07-23-2007, 03:41 PM
"Mr-holland" wrote:

"Newman" wrote:

well did we have our 2 automatic wins against GB last year???
i think we won't have a great record but we don't need to when your rebuilding your team, so even if we go 4-12 i won't mind because in the long run we're better off

Nope but the packs lost more than they gained, while we gained more than we loss. They still have brett/donald but dont have Green. we did good with getting WRs and doing good in the draft. we just had a better offseason than the packs I should say and we will beat them twice this year, I think. This is our rebuilding season but who says we cant go 11-5?

WinonaVike
07-23-2007, 04:47 PM
6-10 is the number i keep hearing. I guess its easy to see there point. We made no real signifigant additions (aside from Peterson) on a team that went 6-10 last year.

ItalianStallion
07-23-2007, 04:54 PM
"WinonaVike" wrote:

6-10 is the number i keep hearing. I guess its easy to see there point. We made no real signifigant additions (aside from Peterson) on a team that went 6-10 last year.

No, but we made a significant subtraction...Brad Johnson.

WinonaVike
07-23-2007, 04:58 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"WinonaVike" wrote:

No, but we made a significant subtraction...Brad Johnson.

I agree but we also dont know for certain that we are better off at qb, we can certainly hope. I believe TJack will be better, i am just anxious to see it.

farvathevikinglover
07-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I like it except for the fact he says don't jump on the arizona/detroit bandwagon and gives them both 9-7. Packers cellar-dwellin has to make u smile, and I like the nfc east 7-9 for all. I also like the Bengals and Carson Palmer so I like they're 12-4

scumpuke
07-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Vikings will body slam the Packers and Lions to fight the Bores in epic battle for division title! Bores will be distracted from game as they record new 2007 superbowl shuffle with cameo by Refrigerator Perry and McMahon. during distraction AP will run in TD for game win. Vikings flood dome with gatorade and sail to locker room in large wooden Viking craft. Many ales will be drunk. Dave Gladow is seen stranded naked on peanut stand in middle of field. More ales will be drunk.

NDVikingFan66
07-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I thought it waa a good read, and probably not to far off base.

It is doing exactly what we all want out of a preseason prediction.
Getting people to talk about how right or how wrong he was.

He did his job

snowinapril
07-23-2007, 11:22 PM
It is easy to say we will finish below .500 because we have no history with these players plus we have turnover on offense.

We will be a surprise if we do well.

I would be surprised if we finished over .500, pleasantly.

bigbadragz
07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
whoever said we made no major additions besides petersen isn't considering getting 2 first round picks back in greenway and james, mike doss, tank williams, dovonte edwards, drafted 2 young fast wr's.
and i'm not gonna even mention the 2 guys we spent the most money on, even though it's fair to say they are upgrades.
there's plenty of potential.
question is can we put it all together.
not facing vick week 1 probably helps.