PDA

View Full Version : Rest easy, Allison signs.

Prophet
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
;D

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Fifth round pick agrees to terms (http://www.vikingsnow.blogspot.com)
by Sean Jensen

The Vikings have agreed to terms on a four-year deal with receiver Aundrae Allison, Scout.com reported. Allison, the team's fifth-round pick, is the fourth draft choice to agree to terms. The remaining players are: Adrian Peterson (1st round), Sidney Rice (2nd), Marcus McCauley (3rd) and Brian Robison (4th).

According to Scout.com, Allison received a signing bonus of about $180,000, and he will get $285,000 in base salary in 2007.

nephilimstorm
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Well thats some good news i havent heard in a while...

Zeus
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

;D

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
by Sean Jensen

The Vikings have agreed to terms on a four-year deal with receiver Aundrae Allison, Scout.com reported. Allison, the team's fifth-round pick, is the fourth draft choice to agree to terms. The remaining players are: Adrian Peterson (1st round), Sidney Rice (2nd), Marcus McCauley (3rd) and Brian Robison (4th).

According to Scout.com, Allison received a signing bonus of about $180,000, and he will get $285,000 in base salary in 2007.

What is the name of the player to which you are beholden if he makes the roster?

=Z=

Prophet
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

What is the name of the player to which you are beholden if he makes the roster?

=Z=

I can't remember, i'll do a search for that post after the final roster is determined to see if I need to buy the jersey.

ejmat
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Glad he signed.
I thought he was a still for the 5th round.

Billy Boy
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Its perfect that a guy with so much potential comes so cheap.
No loss if he doesn't work out.

Vikes_King
07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
can't wait to see him in ten days :)

PurplePeopleEaters
07-17-2007, 04:53 PM
I thought whoever got allison would have a steal pre-draft. I was even more stoked when we picked him up in the 5th round when most were calling for us to draft him in the 4th. I like that we got him for cheap too. He's got a ton of potential and should make the roster as the 4th receiver in my mind.

vikingivan
07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
"Billy" wrote:

Its perfect that a guy with so much potential comes so cheap.
No loss if he doesn't work out.

Zygi would be out the $180,000.00 signing bonus.
He had to be thrilled to be drafted by the Vikes.
He took one look at their receivers and said to himself I can make that roster.

VKG4LFE
07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Well I can now rest easy tonight! Thanks for the info.

jmcdon00
07-17-2007, 05:04 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

;D

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
by Sean Jensen

That's pretty good money for a 5th rounder, I wonder what he will buy first, my guess would be a car although it would be a great down payment on a house.

Billy Boy
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
"jmcdon00" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

;D

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
by Sean Jensen

That's pretty good money for a 5th rounder, I wonder what he will buy first, my guess would be a car although it would be a great down payment on a house.

The bonus is?
The base salaries are the minimums for the respective years.

Hopefully the mortgage payments will be good motivation for him to use his skills to the fullest.

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Shouldn't this be under the Official Joke Page II?

(if Allison ends up to be good/great, I will wear a dress to work everyday of the season)

Prophet
07-17-2007, 05:29 PM
"C" wrote:

(if Allison ends up to be good/great, I will wear a dress to work everyday of the season)

Define good/great, so we can know when to call you on it if he performs.

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:33 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I'll say 650+ receiving yards and 5+ touchdowns his rookie year.

I'll even one up it, if he gets 1,000+ yards his second... or third season, the dress will be worn.

I will post pictures, although I can't promise you'll want to see them.

Prophet
07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I'll even one up it, if he gets 1,000+ yards his second... or third season, the dress will be worn.

So, if he cranks out a 1000 yds his second season, on any team, you will wear a dress every day the whole year?

Mr Anderson
07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
This thread has been bookmarked.

C Mac D you have a good shot at wearing that dress... Allison is very good for a 5th rounder and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were starting over Williamson next season, or even late this year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/aundraeallison.html

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

So, if he cranks out a 1000 yds his second season, on any team, you will wear a dress every day the whole year?

I'm not trying to go out of my way to wear a dress here. I will do (close to) anything for a good wide receiver on the VIKINGS...

He has to earn those yards as a Viking, fair enough?

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
"Mr" wrote:

This thread has been bookmarked.

C Mac D you have a good shot at wearing that dress... Allison is very good for a 5th rounder and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were starting over Williamson next season, or even late this year.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/aundraeallison.html

I hope your right. Never have I wanted to wear a dress so badly.

Prophet
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I'm not trying to go out of my way to wear a dress here. I will do (close to) anything for a good wide receiver on the VIKINGS...

lmao, sounds like a bold prediction.
I hope you have to wear the dress because he gets 651 yds and 5 tds this year.

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

lmao, sounds like a bold prediction.
I hope you have to wear the dress because he gets 651 yds and 5 tds this year.

I'd lmao, but I'd do it.

ejmat
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Not too far fetched.
There is no clear #1 WR yet.
He has a chance.

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
How about every Friday of the season?

Prophet
07-17-2007, 05:47 PM
"C" wrote:

you already committed to every day of the season and defined the terms.
The deal is sealed.

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

The deal is sealed.

Well, if it means having a great wide-out, I guess it's a small price.

And, because I have horrible (I mean god awful) luck, we may have a great WR on our hands.

cajunvike
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Good...one more WR with potential in the fold.
We GOTTA be able to find two or three guys that can make plays next season...God knows that they all have the TALENT to succeed....but do they have the WILL.

Stay tuned!

See you all in Mankato on July 27 for the first look-see! ;D

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Good...one more WR with potential in the fold.
We GOTTA be able to find two or three guys that can make plays next season...God knows that they all have the TALENT to succeed....but do they have the WILL.

Stay tuned!

See you all in Mankato on July 27 for the first look-see! ;D

You sound like a movie preview.

vikingivan
07-17-2007, 06:21 PM
I am waiting to see an rest easy AD signs thread.

singersp
07-17-2007, 07:23 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

The deal is sealed.

Except for the definition of "the season". Since it will take Allison pretty much a season to get the 650 yards & 5 TD's, exactly what season are we talking about where you will don the dress?

I vote for next years MLB season.

C Mac D
07-18-2007, 04:26 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Prophet" wrote:

"C" wrote:

The deal is sealed.

Except for the definition of "the season". Since it will take Allison pretty much a season to get the 650 yards & 5 TD's, exactly what season are we talking about where you will don the dress?

I vote for next years MLB season.

Good point... how about next year's Preseason?

douginc
07-18-2007, 06:26 PM
"C" wrote:

I honestly think Allison will be, after both their careers are over, a better receiver than Sydney Rice.
If I'm wrong, BRING ON THE CROW!
:)
I just think he's more suited for the professional game and Syd is better in the college game style.

ejmat
07-18-2007, 06:38 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"C" wrote:

I honestly think Allison will be, after both their careers are over, a better receiver than Sydney Rice.
I just think he's more suited for the professional game and Syd is better in the college game style.

I won't bet my life on it but I agree with you.

duvaldomo
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
"douginc" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Better than rice? Naw i doubt that, Rice had better year than CJ in 2005, but in 2006 CJ did better, by a bit.

Rice stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 11 70 1,143 16.3 13
2006 13 72 1,090 15.1 10

CJ stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 12 54 888 16.4 6
2006 14 76 1,202 15.8 15

King Rice will be way better than everyone thinks. But I do think AA will be a very good WR one day

Billy Boy
07-18-2007, 06:59 PM
"duvaldomo" wrote:

"douginc" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Better than rice? Naw i doubt that, Rice had better year than CJ in 2005, but in 2006 CJ did better, by a bit.

Rice stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 11 70 1,143 16.3 13
2006 13 72 1,090 15.1 10

CJ stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 12 54 888 16.4 6
2006 14 76 1,202 15.8 15

King Rice will be way better than everyone thinks. But I do think AA will be a very good WR one day

LOL, doug's whole argument was based on how Allison is more of a pro level suitable WR and then you counter by throwing out college stats...from two years ago?

Billy Boy
07-18-2007, 07:05 PM
The way I see it is Troy Williamson gets too chances to start on this team.
In one of those chances his name is Aundre Allison.

Vikes_King
07-19-2007, 12:26 AM
hmmmmmm idk if its just me, but i really dont like that this guy's initials are AA

tb04512
07-19-2007, 12:55 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

hmmmmmm idk if its just me, but i really dont like that this guy's initials are AA

you can always call him "Double A" or "A-dubs" or any other suggestions???

singersp
07-19-2007, 06:34 AM
"Billy" wrote:

"duvaldomo" wrote:

"douginc" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Rice stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 11 70 1,143 16.3 13
2006 13 72 1,090 15.1 10

CJ stats:

Year/GP/Rec/Yds/YPC/TD
2005 12 54 888 16.4 6
2006 14 76 1,202 15.8 15

LOL, doug's whole argument was based on how Allison is more of a pro level suitable WR and then you counter by throwing out college stats...from two years ago?

Well, isn't doug's argument based on Allisons college career? Neither one has caught a pass at the pro level yet in a regular season game.
;)

PurpleTide
07-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Allison was predicted to go as early as the 3rd-4th round, so what a steal for us. He's got some speed and will be our 4th-5th wide-out this year. Troy better have a break-out camp, and take it into the season.

Marrdro
07-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I like to look at our WR's as a whole package and how they fit (or will fit) in the WCO scheme instead of individually.

With that said, and If we are gonna play the "Forward in Time" game and project who will be better, I think that both will put up respectable numbers at what they were drafted to do in the overall scheme.

Double A was drafted to be a slot guy who will predominantly see the field when they are in 3 WR sets.
Rice was drafted to be a Flanker or SE.
With that in mind Rice will be on the field more than Double A and should be the recipient of deeper balls than say a slot guy.

Regardless, both are gonna be great assets to the overall team concept.
I also believe that both will contribute this year.
Maybe not to the level that Colston did last year for the Aints, but they will contribute.

Some light reading for you that might be interested.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/1790/204

http://football.calsci.com/Positions6.html