PDA

View Full Version : Vikings kick returner - Curse or Coincidence?

singersp
07-12-2007, 06:55 AM
Curse or Coincidence? (http://lions.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=657615)

By Viking Update Staff
scout.com

Posted Jul 10, 2007

baumy300
07-12-2007, 07:26 AM
There isn't no curse.

Just because K-Rob likes to booze doesn't mean we are cursed.

digital420
07-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I bet if someone came out and had a season like Hester.. they would be with the team for as long as we could keep him.

curse's.. no... inconsistency.. yes..

DiGiTaL

Zeus
07-12-2007, 09:48 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Curse or Coincidence? (http://lions.scout.com/a.z?s=93&p=2&c=657615)

By Viking Update Staff
scout.com

Posted Jul 10, 2007

God the press is as bored as we are.

=Z=

MetalMike-LoudVike
07-12-2007, 10:00 AM
At this point anything they can come up with is gonna sound good. Well at least in the office or while it is being checked over by the editor. Then fans think man these guy are flat out bored to come up with a articile such as this.

jessejames09
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Lol i bet half the people on this site have just as much as an 'alcohol' problem as k-rob.

The difference is he drives though. Does that make him more of an alcy?

PurpleTide
07-17-2007, 06:47 AM
We have some young guys at wr, who's only chance to make the team is as a special teamer. I like Jason Carter, but he may have to be a kick returner to make the squad this year. Along with T.Williamson, Allison, C Williams, and a bubble runner or two, shining as a returner could be a ticket to making this years team.

Vikes_King
07-17-2007, 01:35 PM
lol, reading that it actually is kind of funny how thats worked over the past few years

Zeus
07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

lol, reading that it actually is kind of funny how thats worked over the past few years

Outside of a few select teams (KC with Dante Hall being one) the story at KR and PR is the same for all of the NFL.

That's the point.
This guy is so bored that he wrote a story that can then be copied by journalists all over the country, substitute our guys for his.

=Z=

jmcdon00
07-17-2007, 02:11 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

4 years in a row does not make a curse. Definetly just a coincidence, just to be safe let's not peterson get near kickoffs. Moe williams wasn't really done, he racked up over 1,000 more rushing yards and 1,000 more recieving yards after that year.

ItalianStallion
07-17-2007, 02:19 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

Lol i bet half the people on this site have just as much as an 'alcohol' problem as k-rob.

When you can't put down the bottle to keep a job that pays million per year, you are an alcoholic.

When you drive drunk, you're a criminal

K-Rob is both.

vikingivan
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
When you know that you have run out of chances with the league, and that they are going to come down on you hard if you mess up again.
Yes, then you definately have a problem.

We all know that most of the times the guy that is returning kicks is doing it because he needs to fill that role to make the team.
Teams don't put there star players back there.
They don't want them to get injured.

ejmat
07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

When you can't put down the bottle to keep a job that pays million per year, you are an alcoholic.

K-Rob is both.

Excellent points Stallion.

ejmat
07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
"vikingivan" wrote:

When you know that you have run out of chances with the league, and that they are going to come down on you hard if you mess up again.
Yes, then you definately have a problem.

We all know that most of the times the guy that is returning kicks is doing it because he needs to fill that role to make the team.
Teams don't put there star players back there.
They don't want them to get injured.

Actually the Vikings did it with Randy Moss for a while.
ALso the Panthers with Steve Smith.
However, you are correct in what you are stating.

Vikes_King
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
"ejmat" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

K-Rob is both.

yup, thats why theres no love lost for me with him being gone, i'm glad he is. and Jesse, i'm one of those people that have that problem too :)

on that note i have to say: dont drink and drive
;)
one of my best friends is going to be going to jail soon for just that

C Mac D
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

K-Rob is both.

yup, thats why theres no love lost for me with him being gone, i'm glad he is. and Jesse, i'm one of those people that have that problem too :)

;)

Amen to that.

singersp
07-17-2007, 10:24 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

K-Rob is both.

;)

I'm an alcoholic too, do you want me gone as well?
;)

He had a relapse, I've had them before, but I got back on the horse until I got it right.

He may eventually "get it" & then he may never get it. It's up to the individual & the type of support he gets or "willing" to receive.

ejmat
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"ejmat" wrote:

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"jessejames09" wrote:

K-Rob is both.

;)

I'm an alcoholic too, do you want me gone as well?
;)

He had a relapse, I've had them before, but I got back on the horse until I got it right.

He may eventually "get it" & then he may never get it. It's up to the individual & the type of support he gets or "willing" to receive.

Singers right.
I
used to facilitate alcohol and substance abuse sessions.
I saw how difficult it was to stay dry.
It takes a lot of discipline by the indivdual as well as seeking the help when you need it.
It doesn't mean they are bad people.
K-Rob used poor judgement and he paid the price for it justifiably.
What he did makes him an alcoholic and a criminal.
That is true.
As I stated he served his time and paid his price.
Its not like he's killing people (although that can happen when you drive drunk).

Singer, I for one would like you to stay
;D