PDA

View Full Version : Bob Sanders

sdvikefan
11-03-2004, 04:13 PM
With Mike Doss injured, Indy's top draft pick in 2004 will now probably be the starting strong safety. They are pretty high on this guy after the job he did against KC. He did look very good, especially against the run. The guy can really put a hit on people, he really popped Blaylock on one play almost knocked him out of the game. If Tice does stick more to the running game like he hinted he would, this guy I think will be our main problem. He is fast and is an excellent tackler. But I think any of our backs would make a good matchup.

RandyMoss8404
11-03-2004, 04:17 PM
If Sanders hits Bennett, Bennett might seriously die.

tlk23
11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
At least the Vikings would have one less RB and could give more rushes to MM and SOD.

VKG4LFE
11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
"tlk23" wrote:

At least the Vikings would have one less RB and could give more rushes to MM and SOD.

So optimistic!!

tlk23
11-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Bennett is in my dog house. He had a disappointing rookie year. 2nd year was o.k. at a shade under 1,300 yards. Injuried ever sense and I was a big SOD fan last year and MM has got my attention also.

dred
11-04-2004, 08:04 AM
Greets everyone! Just now getting set up on your board here.

Sanders started his first game last week, but yeah you may want to watch out for him. He can really bring the hammer.

Not only did he put a good licking on Blaylock, but the hit he delivered to Holmes that had him spinning on his head was priceless.

snowinapril
11-04-2004, 10:20 AM
I hope he can defend the pass for the colts sake. If Bennett is running, he probably won't get a bead on him.

I Never remember him getting hit only hurt. Lynch never got him and Lynch bring the hammer too.

Anyway, the memo has been sent out, watch out for #21.

IowaVike
11-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Being from Iowa, I am a big Hawk fan, and of course a huge Bob Sanders fan. That man can lay the wood to ya. It's going to be rough for me watching the game on Monday night with two former Hawkeyes starting for the Colts, the other being Dallas Clark. But, the Vikes must come first.

cajunvike
11-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Glad to see that your priorities are in order, IowaVike! BTW, welcome to the board!

dred
11-04-2004, 02:15 PM
"IowaVike" wrote:

Being from Iowa, I am a big Hawk fan, and of course a huge Bob Sanders fan. That man can lay the wood to ya. It's going to be rough for me watching the game on Monday night with two former Hawkeyes starting for the Colts, the other being Dallas Clark. But, the Vikes must come first.
I'm still waiting for Dallas Clark to bust loose.
He's quickly become a key part of the Colts offense and has burned defenses for some huge plays on occasion.

Purple D
11-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Dallas And I went to the same hight school in Bode Ia. Twin Rivers High School. He was only a seventh Grader when I graduated though. The High School is now called Twin River Valley due to consolidation. He had an older brother that was just a year younger than me that almost made the NFL. He was a line backer for Iowa State.

cajunvike
11-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the board, Purple D and also Dred!

VikingsTw
11-04-2004, 07:26 PM
I seen bob sanders college highlights and the guy is a rock, but hes quite short i believe. Attack him in the passing game.

snowinapril
11-04-2004, 08:55 PM
"dred" wrote:

"IowaVike" wrote:

I'm still waiting for Dallas Clark to bust loose.
He's quickly become a key part of the Colts offense and has burned defenses for some huge plays on occasion.

Like Gonzales, Gates, or Shockey kind of break out or like Kyle Brady or Jermaine Wiggins break out?

I thought Pollard was the elite TE in Colts land.

snowinapril
11-04-2004, 08:56 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

I seen bob sanders college highlights and the guy is a rock, but hes quite short i believe. Attack him in the passing game.

It says 5'10" on his player profile and like 210 pounds.

IowaVike
11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Attack him in the passing game.

The passing game is one of Bob's weaknesses. He is a much much better against the run than the pass. He did improve at defending the pass his senior year at Iowa, but he will suffer against the all mighty Vikes if we bring our A game, or B game for that matter.

VikingsTw
11-04-2004, 09:29 PM
We've had some safeties like that, Tyrone Carter was a pretty good tackler in the run game, willie offord is good in the run game but has serious issues in pass coverage from the safety position.

dred
11-06-2004, 07:37 AM
I got something for your A game.

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/21_sanders/2004_1024_jax_macht164a.jpg

VikingsTw
11-06-2004, 01:04 PM
LMAO, you guys must be desperate, your depending on a rookie safety to to rejuvinate your defense.

But damn that fools huge! His arm is bigger then my thigh!

LuckyCharm
11-06-2004, 01:47 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

LMAO, you guys must be desperate, your depending on a rookie safety to to rejuvinate your defense.

Hell yes! We're hoping Sanders can bring some energy to our defense. They're playing downright horrible right now.

dred
11-06-2004, 03:05 PM
"vikingstw" wrote:

He not just a rookie safety...
He's a badass rookie safety.

:twisted:

dred
11-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Its a shame he wasn't able to play with the rest of the team during camp and preseason... I can only imagine how good he would be by now.

But your right, check out the python's on this guy.

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/21_sanders/minicamp043100208_RJ.jpg

I can't wait to see his 30" verticle leap in action.

cajunvike
11-06-2004, 08:31 PM
"dred" wrote:

Its a shame he wasn't able to play with the rest of the team during camp and preseason... I can only imagine how good he would be by now.

But your right, check out the python's on this guy.

http://www.colts.com/images/news_photos/21_sanders/minicamp043100208_RJ.jpg

I can't wait to see his 30" verticle leap in action.

From the looks of this picture, this guy is LAME!!! :lol:

dred
11-07-2004, 07:43 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

From the looks of this picture, this guy is LAME!!! :lol:

What gave it away? :lol:

I think this shot was taken during training camp... he still had pins in his foot.

allynt
11-08-2004, 07:42 PM
I Love the Vikes. I am also an Iowa fan. Bob was not that bad on the pass. He had the receivers hearing his footsteps in the Big Ten. He can cover, because he has speed and a 40 some inch vertical. Bob is about all the Colts have in the Secondary though. Hard for one guy to cover all of our receivers. Especially when you get our backs the ball.

cajunvike
11-08-2004, 11:42 PM
He did a good job tonight looking like he was being held (against Birk). Welcome to the board, allynt!

Welcome to the Vike Board, we got football games, we got everything you want, even some crazy names...we are some very special fans, purple blood we bleed, Moss and Pep are money honey, we're a special breed....

Welcome to the Vike Board, welcome to the Vike board, Super Bowl Bound or Die...HUH (guitar solo)

(To be sung to GnR's "Welcome to the Jungle")

LuckyCharm
11-09-2004, 12:01 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

He did a good job tonight looking like he was being held (against Birk).

So are you saying Sanders put Birk's hand on his jersey and held his hand tight? Ok...

VikingsTw
11-09-2004, 12:04 AM
It dont matter they got the first down anyway, if you want to talk about getting ripped off lets talk about the delay of game on the first TD of the game.

scorptile
11-09-2004, 12:56 AM
or how about teh offsides that wasnt called ont he vikes in the second quarter....hhmmm looks even too me...but good game guys....and how about that hit sanders put on wiggins..that looked like it hurt...

VikingsTw
11-09-2004, 12:59 AM
It was an aight hit but wiggins just got up and continued to gain 1st downs.

Good game no excuses, you beat us, but if we meet again i would count on a win in favor of the colts.

scorptile
11-09-2004, 01:05 AM
thanks...oh btw i am in owatonna 60 miles south of the cities....