PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' Ed Marinaro & Humphrey were unique duo

singersp
07-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Humphrey, Marinaro were unique duo (http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/news/2007/jul/09/humphrey-marinaro-were-unique-duo/)

By Tom Hintgen (Contact) | The Daily Journal

As a young journalist, one of my most interesting conversations took place in 1972 at the old Met Stadium in Bloomington. A group of three included me, Hubert Humphrey and Ed Marinaro...

2beersTommy
07-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Central NY was buzzing when Marinaro went to school here (Cornell is about 1 hour away). Its funny his name came up, Just last week I saw him doing some kind of Insurance commercial..I think that was the 1st time since his retirement that I saw/heard him.

singersp
07-10-2007, 07:59 AM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

Central NY was buzzing when Marinaro went to school here (Cornell is about 1 hour away). Its funny his name came up, Just last week I saw him doing some kind of Insurance commercial..I think that was the 1st time since his retirement that I saw/heard him.

You never saw him on Hill Street Blues or Laverne & Shirley?

Prophet
07-10-2007, 08:42 AM
I lived in Redwood Fall, MN for a spell and HHH visited during the inventor's congress and I got to meet him.
I interviewed him for a class project....at the time I had no clue how important he was, just knew he was somewhat important because people thought it was a big deal that he did an interview with some punk kid.
Just a random thought thrown into the mix.

x-ray jeff
07-10-2007, 10:29 AM
I remember when Marinaro was with the Vikings. Didn't he lead the league in catches by a RB at some point?
Man, 1972!!!! I feel old today after reading that article.

cajunvike
07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

Yeah...SOME FAN you are, 2BT!
:D

vikingivan
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

Yeah...SOME FAN you are, 2BT!
:D

Hill Street Blues was classic.
Marinaro had 54 receptions in 1975.
It may have been a Viking record for backs or something. Who is going to help me with a sig?
Any volunteers.

sleepagent
07-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Boy, talk about some old school stuff.
Wow!
Nice read.

singersp
07-10-2007, 07:58 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

I lived in Redwood Fall, MN for a spell and HHH visited during the inventor's congress and I got to meet him.
I interviewed him for a class project....at the time I had no clue how important he was, just knew he was somewhat important because people thought it was a big deal that he did an interview with some punk kid.
Just a random thought thrown into the mix.

I was at one of his political campaigns at WSHS. I was in the bathroom taking a whiz when in walks HHH who takes a leak in the urinal next to me. A security guard went on the far side Of HHH & another one on the other side of me.

I ended up shaking his hand, but I can't remember if I washed my hands 1st.

BadlandsVikings
07-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I just think it's cool a windbag got a windbag named after him.