PDA

View Full Version : Alternate

V-Unit
07-05-2007, 06:04 PM
There are no plans for the Vikings to put in an alternate jersey, but hell I'm bored and the way I see it this thread will be just as legit as the "Belicheck to Minnesota" one.

Anyways, 14 of the 32 teams wear alternate Jerseys during the year, meaning it is a fast rising trend. Which Jersey would you like to see us rock if we go that route?

Mr-holland
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
i have a black one, but i'd say Gold because we're not called the Purple 'nd golf for nothing right?

gr8vike
07-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I would go with Gold, I dont really have a reason I just think it would be better than Black.

baumy300
07-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Gold would look crazy. I'd go with black, but I would at least want to see a gold one first.

NordicNed
07-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I'll go with the Gold also...

vikingivan
07-05-2007, 06:14 PM
I used to have a gold one.
They are sharp.
Too bad I had to get rid of it.
The player got traded.

jessejames09
07-05-2007, 06:28 PM
Both were made at some point. I preferred the gold.

edit : http://www.epinions.com/content_210962124420#

looks really yellow.

Didn't feel like adding it to photobucket sorry.

BadlandsVikings
07-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I say pink

Perch56
07-05-2007, 06:36 PM
gold would be awesome. my friend had a gold culpepper gold alternate jersey and it looked really sharp. i would mind seeing a gold alternate on the field

Billy Boy
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the link JJ.
I have never seen either before. I was thinking gold until I saw the picture of it.
Reminds me of the Lakers and thats just too close to home.

I think the D would look badass in black.

singersp
07-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Black & Blue.........as in the black & blue division.
;)

Why only two choices? Where is "OTHER"?

V-Unit
07-05-2007, 07:53 PM
"singersp" wrote:

;)

There is no "other" because "other" is a cop out. I have seen black and gold vikings jerseys, but I have seen blue, that's for sure.

singersp
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
"V" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;)

There is no "other" because "other" is a cop out. I have seen black and gold vikings jerseys, but I have seen blue, that's for sure.

The other is not a cop out. The yellow & black ones you saw were based of old style jerseys from 2 or more years ago.

Remember the gold & black Moss jerseys?

So if they were to come about, they'd be redesigned by the team anyway.

That being said, any color is game.
;)

jsa803
07-05-2007, 08:10 PM
black would look much more intimidating and I think would be the best choice.
When I knew the Vikings were getting new jerseys i was hoping for some black if not mainly black.
I think it l;ooks sharp along with purple and gold as well.

sleepagent
07-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Red.

From the blood of our on field opponents that made the mistake of wearing an alternate jersey!

Mr Anderson
07-05-2007, 09:41 PM
How about a throwback? And make them permanent not alternate.... I liked the new jerseys at first, but Ive realized how much better I like the old ones, especially the old road ones. The old look is just so much more classic looking.

But I understand thats not going to happen, but one thing that could happen, and should happen is we completely eliminate the purple pants. The white on white looks a million times better.
Old Away:
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/3660633.jpg?Width=131&Height=170
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/10425893.jpg?Width=170&Height=136
New Purple Pants Away:
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/11662408.jpg?Width=123&Height=170
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/11764135.jpg?Width=119&Height=170
New White Pants Away:
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/11253504.jpg?Width=138&Height=170
http://images.wireimage.com/images/tnm/11022668.jpg?Width=170&Height=151

It's clear that white on white is better, and we play better while wearing it.

singersp
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
"Mr" wrote:

How about a throwback? And make them permanent not alternate

Because a throwback is a throwback & an alternate is an alternate.

Mr Anderson
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

If you wear it on the field for a game and it's not your standard uniform isn't it considered an alternate?

"The NFL rule states that a team may wear their third jersey only twice a year. There are no rules on wearing alternate pants."

So we could wear white pants every game!

singersp
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

If you wear it on the field for a game and it's not your standard uniform isn't it considered an alternate?

"The NFL rule states that a team may wear their third jersey only twice a year. There are no rules on wearing alternate pants."

Don't they still have a "Throwback" day?

Irregardless what I'm trying to say is that the 3rd jersey could be either a throwback or an alternate jersey. To me they are two different things.

Mr Anderson
07-05-2007, 10:12 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

Don't they still have a "Throwback" day?

Irregardless what I'm trying to say is that the 3rd jersey could be either a throwback or an alternate jersey. To me they are two different things.

I guess I was just talking about third jerseys as a general topic, you were being more specific... whatever though, it doesn't matter at all.

And as far as throwback day goes, I think they just do that for the 4 teams playing on thanksgiving.

jessejames09
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
I can't wait until the vikings wear the jerseys from 2 years ago as throwbacks!

Seriously, we've bin there done that, lets go back.
Imagine how good Peterson and T-Jack would look in the old unis.

MinnesotaFury
07-06-2007, 12:17 AM
How about our new style with black and gold.

MinnesotaFury
07-06-2007, 12:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/daunte2moss07/AdrianPetersonblack.jpg

(Photoshoped by me)

BloodyHorns82
07-06-2007, 12:29 AM
"Mr" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

I believe we did wear white pants every game but 2 in the regular season.
(Could be mistaken though)

Either way, when I first saw the purple pants I thought they might be cool.
After seeing them on the field though, I must admit I like the white/white much better.

V-Unit
07-06-2007, 12:41 AM
"MinnesotaFury" wrote:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/daunte2moss07/AdrianPetersonblack.jpg

(Photoshoped by me)

I would like to see a side view of that.
Maybe with a purple stripe?

Purple Floyd
07-06-2007, 08:21 AM
I would like to see them in blaze orange from mid October to the end of December to coincide with Pheasant season.

Zeus
07-06-2007, 08:45 AM
"V" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;)

I'd like to vote for "No Alternate".

=Z=

Billy Boy
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
"Mr" wrote:

One word.

Zubaz!

V-Unit
07-06-2007, 09:09 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

;)

I'd like to vote for "No Alternate".

=Z=

That's exactly why I didn't make it an option. The question is, what color would you like the alternate to be?
not
Would you like an alternate?

BloodyHorns82
07-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I'd like to say Gold, since black seems to be over-used in today's NFL... but after looking at the old gold jerseys...I guess I'm going to have to say black!

V-Unit
07-06-2007, 10:09 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I'd like to say Gold, since black seems to be over-used in today's NFL... but after looking at the old gold jerseys...I guess I'm going to have to say black!

The most popular alternate jerseys in the NFL are black (JAX, PHI, DET, BAL,) and strangely enough Orange (CIN, DEN, CHI, MIA)
Silver: Patriots
Red: Texans, Falcons, Giants
Light Blue: Titans, Chargers, Panthers

Gold would be pretty original, which is why it got my vote.

Mr Anderson
07-06-2007, 10:28 AM
"V" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

The most popular alternate jerseys in the NFL are black (JAX, PHI, DET, BAL,) and strangely enough Orange (CIN, DEN, CHI, MIA)

But our gold is really more like yellow... and a jersey that is primarily yellow would look completely ridiculous IMO.

sleepagent
07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Our "throwback" jersey's weren't that much of a "throwback" until we redesigned the uniforms last year.

V-Unit
07-06-2007, 03:00 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

But our gold is really more like yellow... and a jersey that is primarily yellow would look completely ridiculous IMO.

A good point Neo. I was clamoring for them to change the yellow to gold in the redesign didn't happen.

Mr Anderson
07-06-2007, 03:36 PM
"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

A good point Neo. I was clamoring for them to change the yellow to gold in the redesign didn't happen.

Neo? lol

baumy300
07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
"V" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Atlanta's alternates are the red, right?

NodakPaul
07-06-2007, 04:44 PM
If we had to have an alternate, I would vote for gold, because our colors are Purple, Gold, and White.

But personally I don't see the need.
Our new unis are kick ass the way they are (except for the purple pants with purple socks - still need to change that).
And our white on white away are easily the best in the league!

V-Unit
07-06-2007, 05:54 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Neo? lol

Sorry, everytime I see your name I think of the matrix. You got me thinking what a yellow jersey would look like.

Hey, at least if the Packers ever choose to get alternates, they will be ugly!
Cheese Colored Jersey (http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2252467&cp=2237487&parentPage=family)

BadlandsVikings
07-06-2007, 05:57 PM
"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

Neo? lol

Sorry, everytime I see your name I think of the matrix.

Cheese Colored Jersey (http://'http://www.fansedge.com/Images/product/31-41/31-41420-m.jpg')

Link doesn't work.

NodakPaul
07-06-2007, 06:03 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"V" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

Neo? lol

Sorry, everytime I see your name I think of the matrix.

Cheese Colored Jersey (http://'http://www.fansedge.com/Images/product/31-41/31-41420-m.jpg')

Link doesn't work.

I fixed the link:

Cheese Colored Jerseys (http://www.fansedge.com/Images/product/31-41/31-41420-m.jpg)