PDA

View Full Version : Vikings #1 Adrian Peterson, The Back To Back

singersp
07-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Vikings #1 Adrian Peterson, The Back To Back (http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/portal.php?topic_id=15584)

-- Gary Malmberg, Minnesota Vikings

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:28 am by Huddle Network

Oklahoma junior running back Adrian Peterson just may be the most talented back ever to wear a Vikings’ jersey. He is a beautiful combination of speed, power, passion, vision, balance and explosiveness. He was the most talented player in the draft...

vikingivan
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I cannot wait to see him breaking tackles and scoring touchdowns.

ColoradoViking
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't choose u tube for comparing football tape especially if I were a sports writer, but the analysis was fun to read... I especially like this part:

He is more than a punishing back.

He hits to destroy the defense.

lakehubertviking
07-03-2007, 06:58 PM
A day in the life of Adrian Peterson tommorow (the fourth) on ESPN Sportscenter at 6 pm eastern.

Didn't want to start a new thread because I'm sure it's here somewhere but I didn't see it in the search.

Turboe
07-03-2007, 11:01 PM
"lakehubertviking" wrote:

A day in the life of Adrian Peterson tommorow (the fourth) on ESPN Sportscenter at 6 pm eastern.

Didn't want to start a new thread because I'm sure it's here somewhere but I didn't see it in the search.

Thanks for the heads up, TiVo is now set.

jessejames09
07-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Yes!!!

Im really glad TSN (ESPNs ugly canadian little sister) is just gonna be 3 guys at a desk talking about NHL free agency all day.

COJOMAY
07-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I wonder what we would be reading if we had drafted Quinn?

tb04512
07-04-2007, 01:43 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Why the fuck didnt we draft Peterson

BloodyHorns82
07-04-2007, 01:48 AM
"tb04512" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Why the floop didnt we draft Peterson

LOL!
EXACTLY!
I was sooo freakin happy when they passed on Quinn.
My thoughts leading up to the draft was there is no way in hell they would take him...but I must admit, my heart was pounding when the commish stepped up to the podium for pick #7.

jmcdon00
07-04-2007, 02:43 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"tb04512" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

Why the floop didnt we draft Peterson

LOL!
EXACTLY!
I was sooo freakin happy when they passed on Quinn.
My thoughts leading up to the draft was there is no way in hell they would take him...but I must admit, my heart was pounding when the commish stepped up to the podium for pick #7.

Honestly I was so thrilled when I heard they drafted Peterson, and though I think there is a chance that he will take the vikings to the promise land I also think that it is equally likely that Peterson will get injured in week five when Urlacher flattens him and he will never play a full season due to injuries.

digital420
07-04-2007, 04:26 AM
it is a nice thing to see AP get compared to EmmetS. and i can't wait to see him just lite it up..

it'll be like deja vu.. i'll be in minnesota.. i'll be at the first game.. and i'll look at my dad and say. "this guy is gonna turn heads everywhere, how did we get him"

he'll prolly mention (as i know he doesn't read this site yet) "you said the same thing about moss"

ahh.. to witness the glory from the begining.. it will be a fun season.

DiGiTaL

cogitans
07-04-2007, 04:30 AM
"digital420" wrote:

it is a nice thing to see AP get compared to EmmetS. and i can't wait to see him just lite it up..

it'll be like deja vu.. i'll be in minnesota.. i'll be at the first game.. and i'll look at my dad and say. "this guy is gonna turn heads everywhere, how did we get him"

he'll prolly mention (as i know he doesn't read this site yet) "you said the same thing about moss"

ahh.. to witness the glory from the begining.. it will be a fun season.

DiGiTaL

I'll take you up on that prophesy.

ultravikingfan
07-04-2007, 06:32 AM
At first I was not too happy eith drafting AD.
But the more I read and hear analysis on him the more I am glad we did draft him.
At first I thought that we really did not need him having CT as our feature back.
But, by platooning both of them I think they can get the rest they need and CT will not hav to shoulder 100% of the load.

Last year CT worked double time and it is only a matter of time before that style of play wears him down and he gets injured.

cogitans
07-04-2007, 07:33 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

At first I was not too happy eith drafting AD.
But the more I read and hear analysis on him the more I am glad we did draft him.
At first I thought that we really did not need him having CT as our feature back.
But, by platooning both of them I think they can get the rest they need and CT will not hav to shoulder 100% of the load.

Last year CT worked double time and it is only a matter of time before that style of play wears him down and he gets injured.

It's good to find that you have seen the light too.

AllDayBaby
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM
Cannot wait to see him busting through that left side for a big gain!
I really think he's going to make our offense exciting or a least a lot more exciting than last year.
I guess that really isn't saying to much though.
He'd beter not get hurt either because i'll be in Dallas to watch him play this year.

PurpleTide
07-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I too will be going to Irving Tx to watch the Vikes whoop some plowboy hiney. Can't wait, as we should be playing on all cylinders by then. AP coming home to Tejas, and he's gonna Flash some serious skills. It'll be my first trip to Dallas, and I look forward to seeing that old stadium, before it gets demolished.

singersp
07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
"lakehubertviking" wrote:

You must not have used the advanced search.
;)

Adrian Peterson to be featured on ESPN’s “Sports Center" & “NFL Live” (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=35376.0)

NordicNed
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I believe we are in for something really speical as far as our running game goes this year.
The One-Two punch of AD and Taylor should be something to behold.... ;)

singersp
07-04-2007, 10:31 AM
"NordicNed" wrote:

I believe we are in for something really speical as far as our running game goes this year.
The One-Two punch of AD and Taylor should be something to behold.... ;)

It's odd that a lot of people are now on the two back bandwagon. When I suggested using two backs over a year ago, most people just wanted an everydown back.

They should have switched off more with Memo last year to give CT more of a breather. He ended up petering down towards the end of the season.

VKG4LFE
07-04-2007, 10:34 AM
I still pissed that Memo has been in the doghouse with Tice and not playing for Chilly. I think he is a pretty good back and like you said singer, he could've come in and helped give CT a breather more often.

mountainviking
07-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Woot!!
Can't wait to see him in action!! That yards after first contact was what I noticed in the highlights too...but its not just power, it is also his incredible balance that keeps him on his feet!
Another nice read...seems the media is starting to give us a chance
:o

I've been wondering whether we'll keep Memo involved as the third down guy...The kids got great moves, a hell of a backup!
But, he has not stayed healthy when asked to play more...

You guys probably already think I'm crazy
;) So, maybe you wouldn't be surprised to know that I have a self-designed playbook that features the two back set...probably enough plays by now to call a whole game from it.

It originally started when we had Bennet and the Whiz active (along with Daunte, Moss, and Burleson...my how times change ;) )
The original idea was to put the RB, Bennet, in motion, across the field, and out to wideout.
If the coverage doesn't keep up, quick out to the RB who should have a one and one with a safety if the other WR gets his block.
If the LBs move out, the other back, up the middle.
You could also sweep out behind the extra blocker, or even keep the other back in for blitz pickup and hope to get someone open deep...basically, a lot of options designed to misdirect the defense.
Lots of motion, moving AP into the slot or even out wide, or moving CT (or Tony) up to TE, or just power running, one back lead blocks for the other, sweep left, then handoff to the other guy, and sweep right, middle etc.

Funny thing is, we now have even better personnel to operate this style offense!!
Think I should email them to Chilly?
There's got to be at least one good play in the pile ;D
HAR!
SKOL VIKINGS!!
HAPPY FOURTH!!