PDA

View Full Version : Wide receiver woes

CanuckVike
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
I was reading that Marcus Robinson is ailing as well as Randy...anybody know how bad he is? And did I hear something about Ben Nelson being activated to the roster? He looked pretty good in preseason. He might be another Mewelde Moore type ready to make a surprise impact!

sdvikefan
11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
He sprained his foot in the Giants game and now he's wearing a protective boot. Tice said he'll be listed as probable for Monday Night.

little redhead
11-02-2004, 01:13 PM
I don't know how serious of a thought this is but I read some speculation that Duane Bates is available and they were possibly looking at signing him. Not sure if that would be bad or good. I am guessing it depends how things are looking for Marcus and Randy after a couple more days.

VKG4LFE
11-02-2004, 01:15 PM
I hope to God we don't sign Bates. He was a bust in chitown and a bust for us. I'd rather see Howry and Hoag in there!

briboy75
11-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Ok, I know a RB can't learn the WR position in a few days, but how about lining up some of the boatload of talent we have a RB at reciever for a few plays.

vikesfan
11-02-2004, 06:39 PM
I heard this morning that we decided not to sign any free agent wide receivers. Instead we are going to activate Ben Nelson.

Also, Marcus Robinson will start but it looks like he won't be 100 percent.

VKG4LFE
11-03-2004, 07:00 PM
"briboy75" wrote:

Ok, I know a RB can't learn the WR position in a few days, but how about lining up some of the boatload of talent we have a RB at reciever for a few plays.

Not a bad idea! You could run some different types of plays out of a formation like that. Reverses and whatnot!

LosAngelis
11-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Owitch, going into a shootout with your top two WR's hurtin'....

Antonio Freeman is out there.