PDA

View Full Version : Bench Daunte

DoubleDown11
11-01-2004, 03:09 PM
.........after the Vikings are up by 48 points in the 3rd quarter at Indianapolis next Monday night!

I figured this thread would start something! I really think Daunte is an MVP this year (and last if he would have been healthy). Anybody who thinks Ferrote can do better than Culpepper is idiotic and an embarrassment to Vikings fans.

Seriously, if Daunte doesn't throw for 400 and 4 TD's next week at Indy, this thread might not be so sarcastic.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
Daunte is fantastic when he has a lead, no doubt! I dont think we are gonna be up by 48 points either, thats very unlikely. I think he needs moss back, it will help him get back to those 4 and 5 TD performances.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 03:17 PM
No but seriously, we all know Pepp is not going to get benched so lets talk about something more important like "who should start at RB vs the Colts"

King Eth1x
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
ontarrio smith baby! no messing around with bennet...he might get an ingrown toe-nail or something. smith attacks the line of scrimage like a freegin wildabeast! (or insert animal of choice)...GO VIKES!

Viking_Spirit
11-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Let me say this-I will be pretty dissapointed with Daunte if he dosen't have at least 400yds and 4 TD's.

CrazyAtMSU
11-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I heard Terry Bradshaw and company talking about how much daunte NEEDS randy moss... I don't think that is necessarily true. It is true, obviously, that the vikings are better, that includes the whole team, when he is healthy and in the game. The problem is that daunte has to play a totally different game then he's used to when moss is on the field. Its a totally different game plan and process as a quarterback. Having a running game would have helped too

Jer
11-01-2004, 04:07 PM
You guys are gonna have a lot of work to do this week. Indy just doesn't lose two weeks in a row unless something drastic happens. You guys could do it, but it will definately need a better effort than this week.

UkViking
11-01-2004, 04:07 PM
RB Gotta be Onterrio,Pepp will bounce back and the Vikes will still be challenging come season end.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 04:20 PM
"CrazyAtMSU" wrote:

I heard Terry Bradshaw and company talking about how much daunte NEEDS randy moss... I don't think that is necessarily true. It is true, obviously, that the vikings are better, that includes the whole team, when he is healthy and in the game. The problem is that daunte has to play a totally different game then he's used to when moss is on the field. Its a totally different game plan and process as a quarterback. Having a running game would have helped too

I totally agree, he doesn't need Moss. I think he can prove that be being a double threat. I think he needs to make 2 or 3 reads and Run if it is not there. Also, don't let the rcvrs clog up the middle and short yardage areas of the field. Run the WRs down field, taking defenders have a back release for a short dump taking up an LB then option of running.

I know he is getting a lot of credit for being the passer this year but it wouldn't hurt if he planned on Running a bit. It would throw teams of of their game plan. They wouldn't be expecting designed run or more of the Run. He might be able to get 15yds/carry against Indy.

Mossville
11-01-2004, 04:24 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"CrazyAtMSU" wrote:

I totally agree, he doesn't need Moss. I think he can prove that be being a double threat. I think he needs to make 2 or 3 reads and Run if it is not there. Also, don't let the rcvrs clog up the middle and short yardage areas of the field. Run the WRs down field, taking defenders have a back release for a short dump taking up an LB then option of running.

I know he is getting a lot of credit for being the passer this year but it wouldn't hurt if he planned on Running a bit. It would throw teams of of their game plan. They wouldn't be expecting designed run or more of the Run. He might be able to get 15yds/carry against Indy.

Actually he does need Moss out there. Look at the last 2 games. Our offense has looked darn near average. Against the Titans, Daunte didnt look as sharp and well against the Giants, it was awful. The numbers dont lie fellas

Kleinsasser40
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
please do not title a thread like that. I was ready to come in here and rip you a new one...not cool...

triedandtruevikesfan
11-01-2004, 05:43 PM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

.........after the Vikings are up by 48 points in the 3rd quarter at Indianapolis next Monday night!

I figured this thread would start something! I really think Daunte is an MVP this year (and last if he would have been healthy). Anybody who thinks Ferrote can do better than Culpepper is idiotic and an embarrassment to Vikings fans.

Seriously, if Daunte doesn't throw for 400 and 4 TD's next week at Indy, this thread might not be so sarcastic.

Damn it Double Down!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're gonna give me heart failure with the talk that this is gonna start! I'm gonna get overly pissed off and my poor heart just isn't going to be able to take it!!!

DoubleDown11
11-01-2004, 05:46 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

please do not title a thread like that. I was ready to come in here and rip you a new one...not cool...

That is what I was thinking when I wrote it, too funny.

TNT- I will take care of your heart! If you know what I mean!

diesavike
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
RB, I'd still rather have MM get majority of carries. As far as Culpepper needing Moss, I think our other recievers need Moss more, when he's healthy, he gets so much attention the other recievers have a better shot at getting single coverage, and the opposing team can't have so many guys up stopping the run, so our running game is better. So I guess it's not that Daunte needs Moss, the entire team needs Moss.

skogs02
11-01-2004, 11:04 PM
"Jer" wrote:

You guys are gonna have a lot of work to do this week. Indy just doesn't lose two weeks in a row unless something drastic happens. You guys could do it, but it will definately need a better effort than this week.sorry to tell ya but Indy lost last week at home vs. Jacksonville and they lost on sunday vs KC...im pretty sure that equals 2 weeks in a row! :lol:

VikingsTw
11-02-2004, 01:09 AM
If Daunte does what he did last week for three more weeks i will be calling for help, but for now Daunte is the man at QB. He deserves to be where he is.

TheAnimal93
11-02-2004, 06:55 AM
hello to everyone,
i am a new member from ohio and very loyal vikes fan since the very first tv game that i saw when i was just a pup. super bowl 4. and have been to a couple of games close to cols, ohio. the robert smith running out of his shoe for a TD, and a 6-3 victory in pitts again with salisbury at QB. and since directvs' inception i have been in vikes heaven not missing a game since '95. well, depending on how you look at it of course(vikes heaven). that all being said, i have a few questions for anyone.
does anyone share my disdain for scott linehan? i think that he is the main reason for the vikes not being a better football team. anyone can come up with a good gameplan against a mediocre team and look like a genius but every tough game if daunte doesnt improv and doesnt get too excited and try to do everything they dont have a chance. what is with the "cute plays" and not the smashmouth approach to football. RUN THE FOOTBALL. AND RUN IT. AND RUN IT. AND RUN IT. a stupid swing pass to the running back on the first play. I AM SICK OF IT. and they run that stupid play with moss too. in the past, how many times has that play netted more than 5 yds? take moss and run him down the field on the fly. of course not now, but when it was possible. and run the ball. and what happened to wiggens in the game. was he that covered ALL game? my cuz is a raiders fan and that is all he complained about was linehans play calling when he was at the raiders. in my opinion, he is the worst.

Purple D
11-02-2004, 09:21 AM
I really think that if Moss is not playing against the Colts, Then The vikes should go with a two back set. They could rotate to keep fresh but start Onterio and Mewelde and then you never know who is going to get the ball and they are both there to block on passes. I would like to see the vikes try it.
I also think that Onterio or mewelde would make great lead blockers for each other. :sunny:

ultravikingfan
11-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Welcome Vikes can do! I am a little disappointed too with Linehan's play calling. I think that in a lot of games we needed to go deep and really stretch the defense. In the Texan's game, I think we went away from the run when we had the lead, even though we dominated with the run in the first half. I am more disappointed with Cotrell's schemes though. Although, they have improved of late (if you can call last week an improvement).

Go Viks! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/rotating_vikings_helmet.gif

Big C
11-02-2004, 10:39 AM
I don't think Dante is going to win the Colts game by himself. Without Moss on the field on Monday we can't match the explosiveness of the Colts offense. The Colts are hot at wide receiver right now. Without Moss our WRs are good (instead of excellent).

Our D has to step up and keep the game balanced. The game is between the #1 and #2 offenses. But without Moss we are more like a #5 or #6 offense. Our D has to balance that equation.

Also, I think we should start Moore at RB to see how things work out. He had a bad game (the run game was bad altogether) but that doesn't deserve a benching. I think we should make Bennet the backup simply because of his speed. Without Moss we need any explosiveness that we can get.

I think Smith should be the 3rd RB. Just like Bennet has to work himself in to the roster after an injury I think Smith should work himself in after a suspension. My two cents.

DoubleDown11
11-02-2004, 05:47 PM
"Purple D" wrote:

I really think that if Moss is not playing against the Colts, Then The vikes should go with a two back set. They could rotate to keep fresh but start Onterio and Mewelde and then you never know who is going to get the ball and they are both there to block on passes. I would like to see the vikes try it.
I also think that Onterio or mewelde would make great lead blockers for each other. :sunny:

I could not agree more, something creative! MAybe even lineup a RB in the Slot as a WR!

TheAnimal93
11-02-2004, 09:03 PM
hey ultravfan,
thanks for the reply, and agree that the D coaches are falling short also in scheme and creativity. i would rather be risky on D espcially when leads are on the board and some confidence in the players that they have. and does anyone think that # 29 is a little underrated? i think he has done a bang up job since he has been there. considering all.
i have another question? can we win a super bowl with culpepper? i am not convinced yet. not that i dont like daunte, but i am still need some more convincing. he is a phenom, but that does not always translate to victories when it counts the most. in nov, dec, and jan. and i guess feb too. so anyone that replies, give me some concrete evidence that he can get us there and win.
thanks

snowinapril
11-03-2004, 05:54 PM
NFL.COM into front page

After an embarrassing loss to the Giants in Week 8, Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper was quick to pin the blame on himself. His subpar performance was arguably his worst of an otherwise stellar season. But every player has a bad day and that's why Culpepper is confident he'll rebound. "The big picture is, we're 5-2," Culpepper said. "We have to show some character this week and bounce back."