PDA

View Full Version : the fumble

poult
10-31-2004, 10:08 PM
i didnt see the play, but what ive read makes it sound like moore just stood there while the giants picked up the ball. did it seem like he didnt know the rules on a backwards pass? should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules?

CanuckVike
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
The play, which I think was supposed to be a quick, down the line "forward" pass, went ever so slightly backward. Moore of course dropped it. I think he thought it was a forward pass and that's why he didn't go after it. But, in hindsight, he should of...even if he wasn't quite sure if it was a backward pass. No one else for the Vikings went for it either, they all thought it was a forward pass I guess

eelpout72
10-31-2004, 10:24 PM
basically, they were standing around expecting that the refs would blow the whistle. When the refs didnt whistle the play dead that stood there stupidly a bit longer until a giant player picked it up. It was quite pathetic.

I dont know about you guys, but i was immediately screaming at them for them to jump on the ball. Evidently they didnt hear me.

BigEasyViking
10-31-2004, 11:38 PM
From that point on I just new that we were in trouble today. I just got that feeling, but you can't win them all ya know!

Kleinsasser40
10-31-2004, 11:57 PM
Yeah, that play set the tone for the whole game

King Eth1x
11-01-2004, 09:43 AM
should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules? --Poult

wtf man...what kind of player would be in the NFL if he didnt know that a backwards pass is a fumble when dropped?! get a clue and stop trying to act like Moore is stupid.

cajunvike
11-01-2004, 10:23 AM
"King Eth1x" wrote:

should he have been able to beat the giants to the ball if he had known the rules? --Poult

wtf man...what kind of player would be in the NFL if he didnt know that a backwards pass is a fumble when dropped?! get a clue and stop trying to act like Moore is stupid.

Could have been a brain fart or a rookie mistake...doesn't mean that Moore is stupid, just that he wasn't thinking...lighten up dude!

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 10:35 AM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

The play, which I think was supposed to be a quick, down the line "forward" pass, went ever so slightly backward. Moore of course dropped it. I think he thought it was a forward pass and that's why he didn't go after it. But, in hindsight, he should of...even if he wasn't quite sure if it was a backward pass. No one else for the Vikings went for it either, they all thought it was a forward pass I guess

I think that thing no one has said is that Cully needs to take some blame also. He is suppose to continue backward on the play so it is harder to determine the spot where he threw it from. Also, he needed to lead Moore a little, on more foot. With that said, Moore is a RB who catches balls, CATCH THE BALL and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Yes, he thought it was a fwd pass and he gave up. There weren't any other vikes in the area that could have got to it faster than Moore. They were all down field and didn't know that it was a FWD pass.

The KEY is NO WHISTLE = KEEP PLAYING.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 10:38 AM
The arguement for Moore to be in the game this week was he provides consistancy and we don't want to ruin the flow of the game.

Then on the first play, the fumble happens. If the flow was so important, WHY did TICE yank him so fast?

It was only one play. It was bonehead but it was one play.

PhxFan
11-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Having played football, and watched enough of it...you are taught to always go for the ball...regardless. My guess, just a brainfart http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

poult
11-01-2004, 11:51 AM
"King Eth1x" wrote:

you can piss off. from everything ive heard, it was a STUPID play. i never said he is stupid, but at that moment it appears he was. everyone makes mistakes, and i didnt see the play, so i was just wondering what the hell happened.

enlvikeman
11-01-2004, 12:06 PM
I was just happy to see fragile Bennet get back in there taking his baby steps hoping someone doesn't touch him.

SKOL
11-01-2004, 12:22 PM
EVERYONE was standing around, Giants and Vikings, waiting for the whistle to blow. I guess they all had the same brain fart. It seemed that even the Giant that finally picked it up was surprised the whistle didn't blow. At first even Joe Sensor, the radio announcer, didn't know what was going on. He was very adamant in saying it was a forward pass (until it was reviewed).

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 12:40 PM
"poult" wrote:

"King Eth1x" wrote:

you can piss off. from everything ive heard, it was a STUPID play. i never said he is stupid, but at that moment it appears he was. everyone makes mistakes, and i didnt see the play, so i was just wondering what the hell happened.

Moore had a bonehead play. He is at fault as much as anyone. And, he got himself in trouble with the coach for it because Tice doesn't like boneheads.

So that being said, he is a professional and he needs to bounce back. GO Vikes!

dan3ski
11-01-2004, 12:43 PM
It was a rookie mistake I am sure of that. Robinson was pretty quick to grab the Giant player that was smart enough to pick up the ball.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:00 PM
When i saw it i didnt even think anything of it, i just thought "sh*t he dropped it". I think part of bennett playin alot of the time was due to Moore's sprained ankle. I like to see Bennett in there. I still want him to get plenty of playing time. He looked explosive as ever. Just dont understand why he never gets any blocking from the oline, he didnt get very many wholes to run through yesterday. I hope Bennett starts next week against the Colts. I want everyone including Moore to be used. I like what they did when they got the mismatch with moore and that DE and he got a 30 yard pass catch.

Of course onterrio will be back next week to. What do we do? Who do we start?

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 07:12 PM
I don't think that play set the tone for the game. Our defense came out and held them to -10 yards and forced a long field goal attempt. The giants D set the tone for the game. They bullied our offensive line and played tough D. We have to rebound next week!