PDA

View Full Version : No reason to panic



shockzilla
10-31-2004, 08:39 PM
OK, everyone, this (admittedly lousy and poorly-played) loss to the Giants is NOT the end of the world. Here's my opinion, for what it's worth:

1) The Vikings will bounce back - they are NOT the Gophers.
2) NFL parity - Look at the Patriots, they lost today. The Falcons
dominated the Broncos, the Chargers are playing well. ANY team can
beat ANY OTHER team in this league ANY SUNDAY (OK, so maybe not
the Bears)! But this is a loss, it's not the final game of the season.
3) Culpepper is going to have a mediocre game every now and then. Look
at the game Jake Plummer had today: 499 yds, 4 TD's, and the Falcons
whupped up on the Broncos. And what about Peyton Manning? One
HELL of a game (5 TDs), and they lost.
4) They will correct their mistakes, have a great week of practice, and
come back strong for next Monday's game against the Colts! Just think
of all the offense that game is going to produce!

HAVE FAITH IN OUR BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

triedandtruevikesfan
10-31-2004, 08:41 PM
AMEN SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 08:43 PM
I second that emotion...aaaaand if you feel like (complete the bad music reference)...if you dare!

snowinapril
10-31-2004, 08:51 PM
Look at the Falcons, roadkill last week, winners this week.

cheesefree
10-31-2004, 09:59 PM
I hope Moss didn't set the hamstring injury back by being out there. Pepp's gotta get more confidence in his other recievers. Having Onterrio back next week is a big plus.

shockzilla
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
No doubt - take a little pressure off Mewelde. Plus, I thought Bennett looked like he's close to 100% - another option. They just didn't seem to want to run the ball today - what do you guys think? i don't know, they just seemed to abandon it way too early... And I thought they could have used Wiggins/Berton/Owens more, too...

PhxFan
10-31-2004, 10:08 PM
I'm feeling better already! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/party/party-smiley-021.gif

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
I think there is a problem with Bennet and the o-line as they do not seem to want to block for him.

pep2moss
11-01-2004, 12:16 AM
i thought that same thing dan3ski and i dont know why they would do that though, it seems mewelde and onterrio get alot better blocking that michael does, i would like to see bennett play a full game with at least 20 carries and then see what happend

PacNWVike
11-01-2004, 12:28 AM
Every team will have an off day, and today was our turn. I think Los summed it up in a post leading up to today's debacle by listing good teams that lost to bad teams... it's called parity. Too bad the Skins didn't finish off the Fudgepackers today... Damn penalties!

hawaiianvike21
11-01-2004, 05:20 AM
That sounds stupid. It seemed like bennett got more yards despite more carries the moore did. Dont ever think that, this sport is a team game and the pros know better to do that. It could be the run blocking up front not doing a good job and the reason why the offense was so horrible today.

Nightgaunt
11-01-2004, 09:26 AM
I think there is a problem with Bennet and the o-line as they do not seem to want to block for him.

I was at game yesterday, till that botched punt in the 3rd quarter then i headed for the door. But i do have this to say, Bennet was booed almost everytime he touched the ball. That just gave me warm fuzzies to hear that. I hate the guy, hope he never touches the ball again. Ohh noz, i got touched by someone, watch me crumple like a little girl! Rarrhh!! Did i ever mention i hate Bennet? :lol:

DoubleDown11
11-01-2004, 10:54 AM
It feels like Deja Vu all over again, except this time our schedule is tougher.

Tice needs to pull his head out of his ass and not be so one dimensional. Moss his hurt, let him rest an entire game (or 2). Use your strengths, you have 2 (next week 3) stud RB's line them up behind Daunte and start "pitching and faking". This is football not rocket science!

shockzilla
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Right on, DoubleDown! With this diverse offense, they can't come up with something and be a little creative?

wv__viking__fan
11-01-2004, 04:51 PM
The test will be how we bounce back. Every team has to deal with loss. It's the one's that correct their mistakes and move forward with wins that are going to be in the playoffs. We will be ok, the Indy game worries me because of their passing. But if we can find a way to pressure the QB we should be ok. Their D should give up a lot of chances for big plays. So this is a good game for our Offense to get back on track.

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

Every team will have an off day, and today was our turn. I think Los summed it up in a post leading up to today's debacle by listing good teams that lost to bad teams... it's called parity. Too bad the Skins didn't finish off the Fudgepackers today... Damn penalties!

They did finish them off, they got called on a phantom illegal motion penalty! That was the biggest crock of shit I have ever seen!

LosAngelis
11-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Was not! I've seen a LOT bigger crocks of shit!

cajunvike
11-01-2004, 09:57 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

Was not! I've seen a LOT bigger crocks of shit!

Me too...just go over to the political forum...they are dishing out HUGE crocks of shit, right and left...

Hey Los, was one of the crocks you saw courtesy of Najeh... :bootyshake:

SKOL
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

Moss his hurt, let him rest an entire game (or 2).

I hear ya on that. Next week is a game against an AFC team with little or no playoff implications. We'll score our share of points against Indy anyway. Unless Moss is 100% I say sit him and make sure he's ready to go for the Pack.

LosAngelis
11-01-2004, 11:48 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Was not! I've seen a LOT bigger crocks of shit!

Me too...just go over to the political forum...they are dishing out HUGE crocks of shit, right and left...

Hey Los, was one of the crocks you saw courtesy of Najeh... :bootyshake:

LOL

Good one, cajun. Damn, you're getting funny....

PacNWVike
11-03-2004, 01:34 AM
"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

The test will be how we bounce back. Every team has to deal with loss. It's the one's that correct their mistakes and move forward with wins that are going to be in the playoffs. We will be ok, the Indy game worries me because of their passing. But if we can find a way to pressure the QB we should be ok. Their D should give up a lot of chances for big plays. So this is a good game for our Offense to get back on track.

:withstupid: Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:

hawaiianvike21
11-03-2004, 04:13 AM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

The test will be how we bounce back. Every team has to deal with loss. It's the one's that correct their mistakes and move forward with wins that are going to be in the playoffs. We will be ok, the Indy game worries me because of their passing. But if we can find a way to pressure the QB we should be ok. Their D should give up a lot of chances for big plays. So this is a good game for our Offense to get back on track.

:withstupid: Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:

Hey pac. I know you are coming down soon but did you want me to give you direction or something to the shack?? Youre going to be at the shack for the packers game right???

What day you leave for paradise?

PacNWVike
11-03-2004, 10:46 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

The test will be how we bounce back. Every team has to deal with loss. It's the one's that correct their mistakes and move forward with wins that are going to be in the playoffs. We will be ok, the Indy game worries me because of their passing. But if we can find a way to pressure the QB we should be ok. Their D should give up a lot of chances for big plays. So this is a good game for our Offense to get back on track.

:withstupid: Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:

Hey pac. I know you are coming down soon but did you want me to give you direction or something to the shack?? Youre going to be at the shack for the packers game right???

What day you leave for paradise?

You bet I am Little Buddy! :thumbright: My fiancee' agreed, without hesitation (a good thing) to go and watch MNF and Sunday Viking games when we are in Hawaii... She's a keeper!! :thumbright: Please email me step by step driving directions to the Shack FROM the Hale Koa. Remember... make the instructions detailed with BIG landmarks as I'm a drummer! :clown: Thanks in advance and SKOL VIKINGS!!!! :cheers:

PacNWVike
11-03-2004, 10:49 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Was not! I've seen a LOT bigger crocks of shit!

Me too...just go over to the political forum...they are dishing out HUGE crocks of shit, right and left...

And that is why I stay out of that forum... :salute:

ADubya26
11-03-2004, 11:53 PM
I hate to be pessimistic, but without Moss I cannot think to highly of our season. Monday is a big one...we need to show up like its do or die thats all I know - cause you know they will coming off of 2 losses.

cajunvike
11-04-2004, 02:49 AM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"LosAngelis" wrote:

Was not! I've seen a LOT bigger crocks of shit!

Me too...just go over to the political forum...they are dishing out HUGE crocks of shit, right and left...

Hey Los, was one of the crocks you saw courtesy of Najeh... :bootyshake:

LOL

Good one, cajun. Damn, you're getting funny....

Thanks, Los...I am assuming that you are referring to the political pun as well... :lol:

hawaiianvike21
11-04-2004, 04:24 AM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

"PacNWVike" wrote:

"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

The test will be how we bounce back. Every team has to deal with loss. It's the one's that correct their mistakes and move forward with wins that are going to be in the playoffs. We will be ok, the Indy game worries me because of their passing. But if we can find a way to pressure the QB we should be ok. Their D should give up a lot of chances for big plays. So this is a good game for our Offense to get back on track.

:withstupid: Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:

Hey pac. I know you are coming down soon but did you want me to give you direction or something to the shack?? Youre going to be at the shack for the packers game right???

What day you leave for paradise?

You bet I am Little Buddy! :thumbright: My fiancee' agreed, without hesitation (a good thing) to go and watch MNF and Sunday Viking games when we are in Hawaii... She's a keeper!! :thumbright: Please email me step by step driving directions to the Shack FROM the Hale Koa. Remember... make the instructions detailed with BIG landmarks as I'm a drummer! :clown: Thanks in advance and SKOL VIKINGS!!!! :cheers:

O ok, ill give u an email sometime this week. Just wanted to know when you leave to come here. By the way its good to have internet access to where you are staying. NOt sure if the place you are staying at has service.