PDA

View Full Version : Should Moss play next week.

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 05:57 PM
I say rest him for at least a week or two as the Vikings will need him down the streach.

PhxFan
10-31-2004, 06:01 PM
I say play him...if he's healthy enough to play and make an impact...otherwise no, get him healthy!http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/grinser/grinning-smiley-021.gif

poult
10-31-2004, 06:04 PM
if hes 100% sure, these last 2 games have shown hes a non factor right now. and to keep this up just to keep a shitty streak stat going, is really stupid.

LosAngelis
10-31-2004, 06:08 PM
I say play him, then rest him the week after.

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 06:09 PM
No way Los I would rather rest him for two weeks if he's not ready for the pack but I really want to beat the pack.

LosAngelis
10-31-2004, 06:10 PM
No, dan3ski. You don't want Moss to play against the Packers. The Vikings will be just fine without Moss. The Vikings don't need Moss. These are not the droids you are looking for. Move along.

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 06:16 PM
SACK THE PACK!

so-cal vike
10-31-2004, 07:01 PM
Of course Moss should play. I understand that Moss is the key to this offense, but if he really wants to be a leader on this team, he needs to tough-out these minor injuries. Every other player on the team is expected to play through pain, Moss shouldn't be the exception.If you want to run the numbers, I say if Moss is in the 90% he should play. If he is not in the 90% by now, either the injury is worse than we were told or Moss is a pansy.

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Right socal, Moss needs to suck it up and perform! That is what they pay him the big bucks!!!

triedandtruevikesfan
10-31-2004, 07:10 PM
I worry about it though... he is OUR guy... I would hate to see him push it and be out for an extended period of time. I do think that he would be a huge factor in walking out of Indy with a W...so I have my fingers crossed that he'll be playing.

sdvikefan
10-31-2004, 07:14 PM
I didn't see the game, was the hamstring affecting him? It looked like it was on the highlights. If it needs resting, then he should not play.

But we are playing the Colts on MNF. Not sure if we can keep up with them if Moss is not playing.

LosAngelis
10-31-2004, 07:19 PM
My jedi mind control tricks have no effect on you. :-(

so-cal vike
10-31-2004, 08:22 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

I didn't see the game, was the hamstring affecting him? It looked like it was on the highlights. If it needs resting, then he should not play.

But we are playing the Colts on MNF. Not sure if we can keep up with them if Moss is not playing.

Moss lives for MNF, if he doesn't play the whole game then there is something seriously wrong.

jackyl
10-31-2004, 08:28 PM
Moss should not have even suited up the last 2 weeks, and IMO he probably shouldn't on Monday night either.

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 09:17 PM
duh say what los?

Odin VAVikefan
10-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Cheer up Los, I got it. Mos Eisley, in the hoverskiff outside the Cantina. nice!

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm with jack, moss should be a no go, for one thing if the Colt defense is really that bad we should be able to run all over them with cambell, Mrob, Nate, O smith, bennett and the rest of the crew, we are still explosive. Just think what would have happened if pepp would have connected on his long balls today. The game would have turned out much different. Pepp needs to bring his A game.

Remeber when Mrob sat out like 3 weeks straight to completly heal his Hamy, look what happened when he came back. 100% at full speed. Thats what moss needs to do just heal it, if his legs arn't 100% then he cant go full speed, thats what we need him to do.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:36 AM
Oh by the way, its very very unlikely that moss will be 100% by next week, maybe the week after that.

hawaiianvike21
11-01-2004, 04:15 AM
Yep we need moss next week. The offense today showed what it couldnt do without him. we need him in there for the majority of the plays whether hes a `100 percent or not. Tough it up.

jackyl
11-01-2004, 08:12 AM
"tough it up" is something you do with a bad hand... with a hammy you have "tear it up" if you play on it too soon. Vikes need Moss for sure. That's why he should've been out the past 2 weeks. It's seasonal suicide if you put him in on MNF at anything less than 100%.

LosAngelis
11-01-2004, 09:00 AM
"Odin VAVikefan" wrote:

Cheer up Los, I got it. Mos Eisley, in the hoverskiff outside the Cantina. nice!

Very few get my obscure movie references...thanks!

cheesefree
11-01-2004, 09:39 AM
"jackyl" wrote:

Moss should not have even suited up the last 2 weeks, and IMO he probably shouldn't on Monday night either.

I agree, and worrying about consecutive starts stats over a players health makes me wonder about Tices judgment. Moss looked worse after playing decoy and the decoy thing didn't work anyway.

bleedpurple
11-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Tice said in his press conference that Moss didn't do any further damage to the Hammy and he said he didn't play in the second half because at half time it tightened up on him....and that's when problems occur.

He should be fine for the GB game.

We really need our defense to get going....

We didn't run the ball well either and that really hurt us

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 10:13 AM
We have to win our upcoming North Division games. We need him back for that game.

The Indy game will be a shoot out no matter how you look at it. It won't matter who we have on the field for WRs for us.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 10:17 AM
"cheesefree" wrote:

"jackyl" wrote:

I agree, and worrying about consecutive starts stats over a players health makes me wonder about Tices judgment. Moss looked worse after playing decoy and the decoy thing didn't work anyway.

Devil's advocate says:

What would your opinion be if he would have pulled down that TD catch?
Healthy Randy makes that play.

Tice thinks that suiting Moss up makes the other team game plan for an extra scenario, is it worth suiting him up for one extra match up problem when they are still only putting one guy on him while he is injured?

mark
11-01-2004, 10:56 AM
Theres no way he should play.hes not helping at all.Its never going to get better if he keeps playing.We need him healthy in the 2nd half

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Unfortunately I have to agree with you Jackyl. I would hate to see him not even in there, but I guess the last two weeks he wasn't really in there either! I say rest him this week, just because the colts D is so piss poor that Keenan Howry could be a threat!