PDA

View Full Version : It's official Culpepper Can't Beat the Giants!

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I do not know if the 41-0 play-off game still haunts Culpepper or what but he alwas manages to play very poorly against the Giants. I was not worriedafter the turn over to start the game as the Viking's defense held the Giants to a minus ten yards. I was worried at the half as the Vikings did nothing on either side of the ball. What I really did not like was the fact in the second half the Vikings did not run a hurry up offense even when down 27-0. I think the life went out of the Vikings when Anderson missed his field goal. Warner was sacked 5 times and it did not make a difference. That all important factor of turn-overs killed the Vikings from the first drive.
The Vikings still control thier own future this season as they still have 5 divisional games left in the second half and we should know by x-mas if they will make the play-offs. I did not realise that Red ripped the Vikings players after the Giants loss last year and if he did so again this year we may see the same results. I will say these players are supposed to be pro's and that Red's tirade last year possibly made them not care but as I said these guys are supposed to be pro's, and as pro's have to be thick skinned.

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 06:31 PM
I doubt that Red would be so stupid as to do it again this year...on second thought, was he in the locker room after the game...anyone?

wv__viking__fan
10-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I just hope that we don't have Pep or anyone else say that they "should just call the giants their daddy."

Just a little joke. That was a hard game to watch today. We better get ready for the colts.

sdvikefan
10-31-2004, 08:30 PM
Well there was that one Monday Night game in 2001 (one of the only good things that happened to this team that year) where Culpepper threw for 3 scores against the Giants. Other than that, he has not played well against them.