PDA

View Full Version : What the hell are we doing?!

MossWilliamsHenderson
10-31-2004, 12:32 PM
What the hell are we doing? We are having shitty drives, come on! :angryfire:

MossWilliamsHenderson
10-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Culpepper is playing so bad! He seems to always play shitty against the Giants!

PhxFan
10-31-2004, 12:53 PM
Trying to follow the game on ESPN.com...WTF http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/Flush.gif

fanfrom69
10-31-2004, 01:19 PM
Culpepper and Moore read too many of their own press clippings. MVP's and Rookie's of the Year are decided at the end of the season. Can you believe someone with numbers like his can give away so much?- 10 points off his turnovers so far.

Viking_Spirit
10-31-2004, 01:24 PM
Wow, our D sucks

MossWilliamsHenderson
10-31-2004, 01:40 PM
Our offense and our defense sucks, we don't match up well with the Giants.

daredevil25
10-31-2004, 01:41 PM
I have the game out here in Sac. Turnovers and dumb penalties are killin you guys. Your defense was playing pretty well, but when the offense gives up the ball so easy the D grows tired

NeoVikesTX
10-31-2004, 01:41 PM
It's not our D's fault. They were out on the field pretty much the entire first half.

Our offense needs to find a rhythm and get in the end zone!

CanuckVike
10-31-2004, 01:42 PM
We are getting nothing on first down runs and from there everything else gets worse! Culpepper has not been sharp...dropped passes...illegal procedures...etc. The defense hasn't actually played that bad except for Chavous dropping that sure int. Here's Culpepper's chance to make a big comeback, but Linehan's going to have to do a better job of picking plays 'cause the G-Men are playing tough, hard hitting D.

poult
10-31-2004, 01:42 PM
that first half was a truly pathetic display for a so called number one ranked offense.

MossWilliamsHenderson
10-31-2004, 02:18 PM
This is embarrassing! Red shouldn't pick up the option on Tice's contract, Red should have fired Tice!

poult
10-31-2004, 02:25 PM
"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:

This is embarrassing! Red shouldn't pick up the option on Tice's contract, Red should have fired Tice!

thats a little drastic i think.

vik1
10-31-2004, 02:30 PM
It seems like their afraid of playing the gnats. Culpepper seems like hes seeing a ghost and is reverting back to his old self with this one!
This (hopefully is not a forecast of things to come like last year) and whats the deal with playing bennet (only cause hes complaining to tice) Play moore and play him hard dam doesn,t tice see that their winning without bennet or am I the only one that sees that!
This team is completly scared to play the gnats and it shows every year! I hope If (we make it)and when the playoffs start we don,t have to play this team because what it boils down to is this team is scared of the gnats and will lose either at home or away with or without moss!

ultravikingfan
10-31-2004, 03:11 PM
"poult" wrote:

"MossWilliamsHenderson" wrote:

thats a little drastic i think.

C' mon. Lose to the Giants and now he should be fired?

triedandtruevikesfan
10-31-2004, 03:47 PM
Alright here it comes... we play a really crappy game and its fire tice... next thing you know someones going to be screaming that we need to bench Daunte... I'm pissed off along with everyone else... to make matters worse I spent money to go to the crappy game... but we'll bounch back from this... no one is losing their jobs!!!

CanuckVike
10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
I agree that no one should be fired either Tried and True...because I just have to see if this season won't go the same as last year! They must of got psyched out or something today, because everyone played terrible! We've seen Culpepper play so well this year, but he had a few slip backs...even stumbling around on his own accord again...BUT...at least he didn't fumble! Sure hope we do bounce back, but I'll tell ya'...Indianapolis has an offense that would of really bar b qued us today...if that didn't happen today already!

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Bench Daunte!!!! Just kidding...LOL

LosAngelis
10-31-2004, 05:35 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Bench Daunte!!!! Just kidding...LOL

<--shuddering at the thought of the wrath of TNT....

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 05:37 PM
If the Vikings bounce back from this! The next game might tell all. Both the Vikings and Colts lost today so next Monday night might be an answer. If the Vikings do have a major melt down again I will one again call for Tice's head!

dan3ski
10-31-2004, 05:39 PM
I will admit that Tice should have pulled Culpepper in the third quarter just to try and jumpstart the offense.

poult
10-31-2004, 05:40 PM
c pep was way off today. did they ever say why he was late for the game or what the off field issue was with him?

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 05:52 PM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

I agree that no one should be fired either Tried and True...because I just have to see if this season won't go the same as last year! They must of got psyched out or something today, because everyone played terrible! We've seen Culpepper play so well this year, but he had a few slip backs...even stumbling around on his own accord again...BUT...at least he didn't fumble! Sure hope we do bounce back, but I'll tell ya'...Indianapolis has an offense that would of really bar b qued us today...if that didn't happen today already!

The Baltimore offense could have barbequed us today...with the amount of points we scored today.

Bleedspurple
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
Yeah I will say that because I been screaming it all year. Fire Tice (we never should have hired him)...and screw Daunte and all his press. All he has done is shread CRAP defenses. The two he has finally played all year he LOST to. MVP? My ass....

poult
10-31-2004, 09:40 PM
"Bleedspurple" wrote:

Yeah I will say that because I been screaming it all year. Fire Tice (we never should have hired him)...and screw Daunte and all his press. All he has done is shread CRAP defenses. The two he has finally played all year he LOST to. MVP? My ass....

sarcasm doesnt translate well over the internet. but i hope thats what that was..... if it wasnt, then im speechless

triedandtruevikesfan
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
dude here we go... one f'n bad game and here it comes... I really don't want to hear it this year guys!! Daunte is one of the best things we have going for us... if you're gonna jump off the damn wagon because of one bad game then stay off... because we don't want you!!!!

For whatever reason Daunte has a complex against the Giants... does he need to get over it... yeah if he ever wants to be known as a great he does.

Next week will be our test... I think they'll be up to it

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 09:53 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

dude here we go... one f'n bad game and here it comes... I really don't want to hear it this year guys!! Daunte is one of the best things we have going for us... if you're gonna jump off the damn wagon because of one bad game then stay off... because we don't want you!!!!

For whatever reason Daunte has a complex against the Giants... does he need to get over it... yeah if he ever wants to be known as a great he does.

Next week will be our test... I think they'll be up to it

You tell 'em, TNT...boy, I sure wouldn't want TNT mad at me, you guys...so all you charter members of The Daunte Doubters Club had better run for cover...WOOOOO!

poult
10-31-2004, 09:56 PM
i hope you didnt think i was doubting him, all i said was he sucked today. everyone will have good days and bad days, he was bound to have one eventually. lets just hope that today got it out of his system.

triedandtruevikesfan
10-31-2004, 09:59 PM
That wasn't directed specifically at anyone... well kinda to bleedspurple...

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:

That wasn't directed specifically at anyone... well kinda to bleedspurple...

Don't apologize...bleedspurple deserved the rant...and more! What the F*CK does he know about football anyway...he probably wants to get rid of Bennett too, just because he got hurt! I say we shank him...to see if he REALLY bleeds purple... :twisted:

eelpout72
10-31-2004, 10:18 PM
"CanuckVike" wrote:

I agree that no one should be fired either Tried and True.......

I certainly think that Mike Nattiel should get fired (i.e., released). Hasnt he had 3 holding penalties in the past two games on kickoff returns? I think that the last 2 games started off with holding penalties by him.

Bleedspurple
10-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah moron thats what I think. I am not saying bench Daunte but the plain matter is (and this has nothing to do with just today) he is not that great of a QB PERIOD! He did nothing against any kind of a decent Def (Phil or NY).
Luckily we don't have a ton of good D's on our team but I was at the game today. After Daunt threw his one pick he made such a lazy ass attempt to tackle is was a joke.
The metrodome crowd in my whole section was cheering for Gus the whole game before Pepper even started up. Take off the purple glasses and realize that Daunte Culpepper has never done anything really. He lacks the killer instinct the close big games.
Again I am certainly not condoning benching or nor did I even say he sucks. Look at the Defense rankings of the teams he had his killer games against.
You will see he didn't play a Pass D ranked above 28th. Hmmm....no wonder why.

poult
10-31-2004, 11:45 PM
why the fuck would anyone be cheering for gus to be in BEFORE the game started? you are out of your godamn mind!!!!!!!!!!

bleedpurple
11-01-2004, 11:56 AM
I just don't want anyone to get Bleedpurple mixed up with Bleedspurple....I am the original and am more clever in my assessment of what's going on with the vikes and around the league.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 12:34 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

I just don't want anyone to get Bleedpurple mixed up with Bleedspurple....I am the original and am more clever in my assessment of what's going on with the vikes and around the league.

Get yourself a picture Sig, it will help identify you.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
What the hell are we Doing????

Ooops, I think I just shot myself in the foot.

Call 911

Help!!

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 12:50 PM
I didn't once think about replacing Daunte during the game, but if he came in the locker room all down from whatever his family problems were i would have started Gus. But then again i'm not the coach i dont know what i would have did if i personally new Pepp. I dont know how he deals with off the field issues.

Pepp is gonna have to come in and play a little better with more poise and accuracy to get it done without Moss. He hasnt looked the same since Moss left, hes gonna have to bring his A with him to Indi. Either he learns how to be the pepp of our previous four game with moss or he needs to be replaced. I'm not ready to replace him yet, thats for sure but if he continues to play porly (wich i dont see) then someone needs to play for him.

Cause right now i can tell you if Gus had played that game with the protection the Oline was giving him we would have had a better chance of winning that game. I'm not calling for Gus, i just want pepp to play to his potentail, we dont need him in a slump right now.

Deleted_User_2360
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
"Bleedspurple" wrote:

Yeah moron thats what I think. I am not saying bench Daunte but the plain matter is (and this has nothing to do with just today) he is not that great of a QB PERIOD! He did nothing against any kind of a decent Def (Phil or NY).
Luckily we don't have a ton of good D's on our team but I was at the game today. After Daunt threw his one pick he made such a lazy ass attempt to tackle is was a joke.
The metrodome crowd in my whole section was cheering for Gus the whole game before Pepper even started up. Take off the purple glasses and realize that Daunte Culpepper has never done anything really. He lacks the killer instinct the close big games.
Again I am certainly not condoning benching or nor did I even say he sucks. Look at the Defense rankings of the teams he had his killer games against.

Folks, Bleedspurple is stating it like it is. We discussed this at length
last season. Dautne is good when he doesn't fall behind. He's good
when there is no pressure. When the vikes start off poorly, kiss him
goodbye. He cannot handle the pressure and he derails. Philly game
and yesterday are prime examples. He couldn't pull through in the Philly game and was everything but a leader yesterday. It was his moment to show what he had ......Moss not in the lineup, fell behind early,
......and what did he do? Same thing he's done his whole career......
he went into a shell. Ya ya ya.....everyone, tell me about his
stats this year..But I ask you one question.........WHat's more important:
his stats...or his ability to lead this team when they are down and win
a tough game? He's had two tests this year and failed both miserably.

Please don't waste your time throwing his stats around......Lets just
see him lead us to a win against a tough apponent or lead us to a win
in a game that isn't being handed to him on a silver platter.

So yesterdays game started out rough...... Time for Daunte to be a man
and a leader.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:26 PM
VERY VERY VERY good points buck, hate to admit it put if you dont agree your crazy in the head! Hes got a very good point and its all very true.

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:39 PM
We forget about these things when he is doin so well, we glorify him when he has his 5 TD games, but he lacks the come back ability alot of QB's have. When is the last time we came back from 14 points behind, i dont know i think its been some time.

Ask yourself this question? We are down 14 points. Do you have confidence that he will dig us out of the whole? Cause yesterday i didnt have that confidence, after we were down 17 points i knew we wern't coming back from that deficit. At some point we have to come to realize it's a problem. What if we got in the playoffs and got in this situation. NOT GOOD.

cajunvike
11-01-2004, 01:43 PM
"buck" wrote:

"Bleedspurple" wrote:

and yesterday are prime examples. He couldn't pull through in the Philly game and was everything but a leader yesterday. It was his moment to show what he had ......Moss not in the lineup, fell behind early,

and a leader.

Mark my words, both of you! Daunte has and will win games against tough opponents...he may not be the comeback king (ala Elway), but Gus certainly is not the long-term answer. I like our odds with Daunte and he will only get better...if memory serves me correctly (maybe I have Alzheimer's, though), Pep has led comebacks in seasons past. He is allowed a bad game once in awhile...it is not like the defense is really shutting good offensive teams down. We aren't going to win every shootout, so calling the games that the defense is playing "handing it to him on a silver platter" is dead wrong. Focus your criticism on our weak defense and your energy will be better used...whether you like it or not, Pep is here for the long term and he will prove to all that he is a winner!

VikingsTw
11-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Cajun i hope to goodness your correct, cause pepp is our future weather we like it or not.

Our defense sucks but i believe they played well enough for us to win, they were put in very bad situations yesterday. By way of INT's and fumble's. Momentum really killed us, but our defense had heart yesterday. I thought they played hard. Our oline did not show up to play the run game and pepp didn't play well either.

snowinapril
11-01-2004, 03:46 PM
"buck" wrote:

"Bleedspurple" wrote:

and a leader.

FreeROTe is not the answer.

Daunte is one of the most accurate passers in the league.

Saints game in 2002 is the Daunte I remember.

Texans game in 2004 that is Daunte.

The 5 td games earlier this season that is Daunte.

Go ahead, ask any NFL fan if they would like Daunte running their team.
There are only a few teams and their fans that would be content with there current QB.

I also think that what you guys are confusing this with is the real problem. The team gave up on D-fense and O. It isn't just Daunte's fault.

You guys are talking crazy talk. "Crazy Talk"

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 07:25 PM
I personally don't think that our D played all that horribly. But it's pretty tough to stop anybody when they are playing with a short field all day!! We gave up what 283 yards or something like that. I'm not positive what their average starting field position was, but they never really had that far to go. I just think we came out and got physically worked by NY's D and that is what hurt us!

Bleedspurple
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
As I stated earlier I am not calling for Daunte's job. Not even close. But let's call a spade a spade here. He is not the golden child everyone portrays him to be. He struggled big time yesterday and even the week before against the Titans. YES I remember the 5 TD games but look at the Def's they were against!!

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Have you ever had a bad day at work bleedspurple? That's all it was! Granted it was against a better D in the league (actually I think they are middle of the road) but he played against last years #1 D in the first week, and Houston has a pretty good D too. It was just an off day.

Bleedspurple
11-01-2004, 11:41 PM
#1 D of last year...exactly..last year. and Houston has a horrible D when we played them. I think their pass D was 29th when we played them.

VikingsTw
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Facts:
Daunte has serious issues with coming from behind
He cant run a two minute offense

There are to many positives to list but i'll go with the positives. He is 26 or 27 maybe as he grows older the "come from behind poise" will come with age, but i hope its damn soon because no matter how good your offense is your going to get behind at times. We need pepp to step and make it happen.

vikesfan
11-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Daunte can't run the 2-minute offense???? We have something like 4 or 5 touchdowns this year in the final 2 minutes of the half or the game. I don't think many other teams can say the same thing. And those touchdowns are all Daunte. We don't run inside 2 minutes (unless we're in the redzone or running out the clock). So I'm sorry I don't agree with your statement at all. And all this Daunte bashing... COME ON, ARE YOU SERIOUS???? He is the reason, and Tice even admitted this, that we have won 5 games. Tice said straight out in a press conference that Daunte has carried the Vikings up to this point in the season.

To be 5-2 with a defense that gives up over 23 points a game is pretty damn respectable. So he doesn't play one MVP type game and all of a sudden his near perfect beginning to the season is good for nothing?

Also, many people judge him very unfairly on 4th quarter comebacks. Hear me out. I just read this in a national magazine two weeks ago: Culpepper is the fourth best QB to have in the 4th quarter. Over the last three years or something, he has the fourth best stats in the 4th quarter of any QB in the league. He was ahead of Favre, Manning (I think, but not sure), and barely behind McNabb and Brady. Point is, he is playing as well as anybody in the 4th quarter but how can you have a come from behind win if everytime you score a TD in the 4th quarter, the defense goes and gives one up on the next possession. I am not talking about this year, but years past. Our D this year will hold some teams more often than in the past. But really, it's not fair to compare his number of 4th quarter comebacks when our defense was so bad that Daunte could score on every possession and still be down by a touchdown.

VikingsTw
11-02-2004, 03:06 AM
DUDE, come on know. Culpepper cannot run the two minute offense at the end of the game, he takes WAYYYYYYYYYY to long to set up the offense, i've seen it time after time, sure he has done it before but can he lead a winning drive at the end of the game, yeah he did against the saints a couple years ago but he's not the best at it. He has to learn how to get that down better. I'm just sitting there in my couch going what the hell are u doin, get that offense set up faster? He has a problem with it.

Lets not get this wrong, I'm a daunte believer but on the other hand i'm honest i say what i believe. Sh*t i bought his jersy for 65$ the other day, hes one of my favorite players, on the field and off the field, seems like a great guy.

I have stood up for daunte time after time but you got to admit he has some flaws, ones that can cost you games. Fumbling and not bein able to come back from a deficit. So far he's really doin well with the fumbling aspect. He really hasnt shown the ability to come back from behind and that worries me. I hope he can fix it, maybe having moss back will help him.

Sure he's one of the best QB's in the 4th quarter, i imagine thats when we are leading or he's finally goin all out, when its out of reach and tryin to come back, like he did against the Giants.

Here me out Fella's i'm not a Pepp hater, just stating my opinion on Dauntes ability to guide his team back during a deficit. I think its a problem and i hope we dont fall behind in any games by 14 points or more, cause that spells disaster. Pepp had a bad week last week, he will rebound strong, hes got good WR's and hes got all his RB's to help him out. I AM NOT CALLING FOR GUS. This is about his ability to come from behind, i do not want him benched!

vikesfan
11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're not wanting Daunte benched. I can admit that he does have some flaws, but my whole post was under the assumption that you thought he wasn't that good. So I'm sorry, and I'm glad to hear that you're not calling for Gus. Everybody is definitely entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes message boards fun, but I just get sick of hearing people be so critical of Daunte if he doesn't post MVP numbers for 1 game.

If he has a steak of games where he doesn't improve, then I'm sure there will be more discussion about him, but until then, I am damn proud that we have him as our QB. We wouldn't be 5-2 without him. But that said, I will not argue with you that there are parts of his game that could be improved, as well as any other player. The OT win in Houston was a huge game for him, pulling it out in OT and everything, but until he has more of those, I understand that people will doubt his ability to bring a team from behind.

ultravikingfan
11-02-2004, 08:05 PM
"Bleedspurple" wrote:

Usually I would not harp on somebody for their opinion but... are you f*uckin' crazy! There is a large segment of Vik's fans (and probably other fans) who just love to bitch. If we were 7-0 and kicking the sh*t outta teams, they would still bitch about something (probably something like "the sideline hats are ugly") Damn, give DC a break. Did you ever expect him to be perfect? Don't you think he can have a bad game? The Giants have our number, plain and simple! All these what ifs and who should be fired, traded, or benched should not come into play yet. Leave that for the end of the season! Is Daunte perfect, no! He has his issues (getting the play off in time). But, is he one of the best now, yes! Does he have a strong arm, yes? Can he run over so big butt LB, yes? Are defenses getting headaches thinking how they can contain him, yes!
Lets root for the Vik's, not f*cking blast them after one miserable loss. You can do that at the end of the season!