PDA

View Full Version : It's time to get to know Shiancoe

cogitans
06-12-2007, 03:44 PM
It's time to get to know Shiancoe (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=220804)

Marrdro
06-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Great find Cogs.
I really like this guy
;D

JSRasmus2698
06-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I think he could do well too.
I have read about his athleticism and pass catching ability in articles also.
I hope that he becomes just what the Vikings and T-Jack need, a good target for the dump down passes that happen so frequently in Chilly's K.A.O.

cogitans
06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Great find Cogs.
I really like this guy
;D

Oh. I should say it were courtesy of you.

Welcome back to the boards. Where ever you were.

mountainviking
06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Nice!
I've got him on my list of sleepers!!

Billy Boy
06-12-2007, 07:44 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Nice!
I've got him on my list of sleepers!!

Well this guy called in before you did.

There isn't a crop of tight ends like there was in 2002. Heck, guys like Jeremy Shockey don't come around too often. And while the NFL may be enjoying a new view of tight ends in the league, there isn't a difference-maker like Shockey in this year's bunch. For this group, though, it's better to look long-term and see where they end up after the draft.

The draft, fantasy football and you (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/6315376)

By Dave Richard
NFL.com
(April 14, 2003)

[hr]
Sounds like its about time for long term to kick in.

Honesty though this guy comes in with absolutely no precedence and they give him a load of money.
I swear back on draft day Childress wrote this guys name down yelling at the t.v. at home while Reid and the guys were drinking in the draft room.

...or one of the other guys, but I like to think it was Chilly.

Billy Boy
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
I haven't seen Shiancoe drafted in any of the 3-4 leagues I have either taken part in or have witnessed. But I'm targeting Shiancoe in the late rounds, and I'm expecting big things from him. You could do worse with that 16th-round pick, no?

16 rounds?
What a snoozefest.

NDVikingFan66
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Since my FFL is about drinking and socializing as it is about football, I would be pretty lit up by round 16

Ranger
06-13-2007, 04:27 AM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Since my FFL is about drinking and socializing as it is about football, I would be pretty lit up by round 16

I'd quite possibly be dead.

PurpleTide
06-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Wow 16 rounds, 16 cold ones....Arggg. You should see my golfing excursions...
18 holes... 18 beers. It's a wonder these things ever get finished. Oh well, time to switch to the Thong Thread. Oh and Shiancoe should have a break-out season. He will open the middle seam up, and will be a great check-down guy for T-Jack.

Billy Boy
07-08-2007, 07:06 PM
"Billy" wrote:

Honesty though this guy comes in with absolutely no precedence and they give him a load of money.
I swear back on draft day Childress wrote this guys name down yelling at the t.v. at home while Reid and the guys were drinking in the draft room.

...or one of the other guys, but I like to think it was Chilly.

Finally figured it out thanks to Scout.com.

The Vikings made Shiancoe one of their first signings in the 2007 free-agent season, giving the blocking tight end from the Giants a chance to finally be a receiving threat. Shiancoe was worked out by Brad Childress prior to the 2003 draft and Childress gave him high marks. However, the Eagles drafted L.J. Smith in the second round of that draft, leaving Shiancoe on the board for the Giants to take in the third round. A durable player, he has never missed a game and made 23 starts – typically when the Giants would open the game with a two-tight end set.

Good, now I can sleep peacefully at night.
Thanks for nothing Wobschall

jmcdon00
07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
I drafted Shiancoe in my fantasy draft(14th round). When I look at his fantasy points I realized why no one wanted him.

Last year on the season Shiancoe scored -2. No not two but negative two.

He played in all 16 games, he had 12 catches for 81 yards and fumbled once. He averaged 5.1 yards per game. His season long catch was 16 yards. Because you need 20 yards in one week for one point(which he never did), and fumble's are -2 he was probably the worst fantasy football player last year.

COJOMAY
07-08-2007, 08:41 PM
If he's going to be a "dump off" receiver I hope he can at least get to the first down marker before he turns for the ball.