PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Winfield trade to Patriots makes sense according to Fox Sports????

Jordan
06-12-2007, 02:06 PM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=1

Potential for Patriots-Vikings trade

Posted: Tuesday June 12, 2007 10:14AM ET
I
f the Vikings trade outspoken cornerback Antoine Winfield, the Patriots, who have two first-round draft picks next spring, would seem a logical destination.

---St. Paul Pioneer Press

To me it really makes sense too, but best bet is its going to be a late 1st rounder though because they're a really good team(on paper anywayz), but i really think we could trade up with that extra 1st round pick becuz we have a extra 3rd round pick to i beleive in next yrs draft also, we really could do some damage in next yrs draft which is supposed to be a veryyyyyy deep draft class.

Mr. Purple
06-12-2007, 02:08 PM
I HOPE it dosnt happen.But if it does happen I want Samuel instead of a number 1 next year.Winfield is our most proven and reliable CB.If we lost him we'd be a complete wreck at that position.We'd have to get someone in the trade that is starter material.

jmcdon00
06-12-2007, 02:21 PM
If the vikings don't feel like they are getting 100% from windfield then they should get rid of him. A first round pick or assante samuel sounds like a fair price. Hopefully if we do get a first round pick it is not the Patriots who will likely get a late round pick.
The trade would hurt the vikings chances this season but they are rebuilding anyway. If you are trying to put together a championship team you have to make the hard decisions like cutting a top tier player because he is not a good leader.

tb04512
06-12-2007, 02:30 PM
i think it would make sense, dont get me wrong i love winfield but if he wants to be gone let him go, try to get samuel for him, i think that would be a good trade, seeing that frazier's version of the tampa 2 has more man coverage

The Dropper
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Has it occurred to anyone that there's no way in hell NE would give up a first round pick for Winfield? Sure, he's a decent corner, and he plays his ass off, but I really don't see the Patsies making this move.

Anyways, this is just another one of those articles where a journalist pulled a turd out of his ass and started stirring.

Mr Anderson
06-12-2007, 03:00 PM
The media is making a mountain from a mole hill.

Tons of NFL players dont participate in OTAs, Winfield skips them every year, but now they make it out that he wants to be traded and thats why he's not showing up?

Are you serious?!

This is ridiculous.

No trade will happen, he's the man here, and he's not going to be traded.

jessejames09
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Yeah samuel for 80 million guarenteed sounds awesome opposed to winfield for 21 over 3 seasons.

Marrdro
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
"The" wrote:

Has it occurred to anyone that there's no way in hell NE would give up a first round pick for Winfield? Sure, he's a decent corner, and he plays his jiggly butt off, but I really don't see the Patsies making this move.

Anyways, this is just another one of those articles where a journalist pulled a turd out of his jiggly butt and started stirring.

Or been copying our discussions again.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=34804.msg589001#msg589001

Billy Boy
06-12-2007, 03:06 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"The" wrote:

Has it occurred to anyone that there's no way in hell NE would give up a first round pick for Winfield? Sure, he's a decent corner, and he plays his jiggly butt off, but I really don't see the Patsies making this move.

Anyways, this is just another one of those articles where a journalist pulled a turd out of his jiggly butt and started stirring.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=34804.msg589001#msg589001

Or your a Pioneer Press informant.

DON'T PRINT THAT (http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_6117514?nclick_check=1)

Marrdro
06-12-2007, 03:11 PM
"Billy" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"The" wrote:

Or your a Pioneer Press informant.

DON'T PRINT THAT (http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci_6117514?nclick_check=1)

Z was beating me up over this long before these hacks started talking about it.
;D

Zeus
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"The" wrote:

That was my first thought.
I hate the fucking media - all of 'em are plagiarizers!

=Z=

DaVizzles
06-12-2007, 04:01 PM
ass ass ass ass ass

Marrdro
06-12-2007, 04:07 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"The" wrote:

I hate the fricken media - all of 'em are plagiarizers!

=Z=

Thats it Z.
I am only posting Jiggly Butt Poo for them from now on.
No longer will I stimulate discussions of this magnatitude if they are gonna hack us
;D

nephilimstorm
06-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Why would we want to trade Winfield?
He's prolly the best we have at the position

mountainviking
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I think the only problem with Winfield is the media!!
They just won't leave it alone.
This is normal, he skipped the voluntary workouts last year too!
Who cares?
As long as he shows up for the mandatory OTAs in shape, he's all right with me!
And, one of our best players like TJack said...

snowinapril
06-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Hypothetically..............

We don't need AW.

We aren't going to the playoffs, *unless we get lucky, so get something for him and start building for 2-3 years down the road.

I will miss him making all those tackles if it happens.

Edit
*nobody expects us to go to the playoffs that is

NodakPaul
06-12-2007, 05:51 PM
"Jordan" wrote:

If the Vikings trade outspoken cornerback Antoine Winfield, the Patriots, who have two first-round draft picks next spring, would seem a logical destination.

Pretty big if there.
I highly doubt that it would happen.
NO only would we be losing one of the best players on our team, but it would make Coach Childress look like he could not handle players who have a different opinion than him.

I am still disappointed in Winfield, but bringing the idea of trading him in to the mix is crazy talk.

C Mac D
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm so sick of the media sucking the Patriots' d*ck. Come on, seriously?! The Patriots are just the answer for everything nowadays... Bill Belichick is a genious...Tom Brady can do no wrong... The sports announcers are so afraid of picking new teams to succeed, they just stick to their "safety net"- The Patriots. P*ssies.

NodakPaul
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
"C" wrote:

I'm so sick of the media sucking the Patriots' d*ck. Come on, seriously?! The Patriots are just the answer for everything nowadays... Bill Belichick is a genious...Tom Brady can do no wrong... The sports announcers are so afraid of picking new teams to succeed, they just stick to their "safety net"- The Patriots. P*ssies.

Dear god, it's mini-cajun. ;D

C Mac D
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"C" wrote:

Dear god, it's mini-cajun. ;D

Not a good thing?

snowinapril
06-12-2007, 06:37 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

If the Vikings trade outspoken cornerback Antoine Winfield, the Patriots, who have two first-round draft picks next spring, would seem a logical destination.

Pretty big if there.
NO only would we be losing one of the best players on our team, but it would make Coach Childress look like he could not handle players who have a different opinion than him.

I am still disappointed in Winfield, but bringing the idea of trading him in to the mix is crazy talk.

Is it really that crazy?

One guy is not going to make or break this team.
AW is not going to take us to the playoffs let alone the SB.

Adding more young talent and potential to the mix might just be the thing until we get the Offense and Defensive schemes up to par.
It is a gamble to get rid of AW.

Kenny Roger (not Aaron Rodgers) said it best, "you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them."
LOL!

This is totally speculation, but the Pats are living in the here and now, and the Vikes are living for the future.

BadlandsVikings
06-12-2007, 06:44 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Jordan" wrote:

Pretty big if there.

Is it really that crazy?

One guy is not going to make or break this team.
AW is not going to take us to the playoffs let alone the SB.

Adding more young talent and potential to the mix might just be the thing until we get the Offense and Defensive schemes up to par.
It is a gamble to get rid of AW.

Kenny Roger (not Aaron Rodgers) said it best, "you got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them."
LOL!

This is totally speculation, but the Pats are living in the here and now, and the Vikes are living for the future.

I don't like to admit it, but we are rebuilding. If we weren't we would have a better QB and at least one star reciever.
Winfied isn't bugs bunny, he can't win it by himself.

vegasvike
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
"C" wrote:

LOL!!! I think the samething everytime I hear about the Patsies!!!! To
me the media is just a bunch of groupies who should get golden showers on the reg.

Billy Boy
06-12-2007, 07:27 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"The" wrote:

I hate the fricken media - all of 'em are plagiarizers!

=Z=

Thats it Z.
No longer will I stimulate discussions of this magnatitude if they are gonna hack us
;D

Gonna have to copyright all your stuff.
Need a lawyer?

"C" wrote:

I am sick of Paris Hilton sucking wang.

Dont worry about it.
Childress is the next genius anyways.
Good point about Tom doing no wrong though.
He did date Tara Reid.
Tom theres such a thing as one night stand.

Come on, seriously?? Your right the Patriots have done nothing to be respected.

You probably won't like this site then.

How stuff works. (http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/super-bowl2.html)

Zeus
06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
"Billy" wrote:

Why would anyone like it?
It's wrong.

(See if YOU can find the glaring error....)

=Z=

Zeus
06-12-2007, 11:34 PM
"C" wrote:

Yeah, I can see why you'd quickly dismiss the team which has won 3 of the last 6 Super Bowls.
Shit - they've done nothing to earn the respect of the media.

And they sure as hell didn't do anything to get better in the off-season - I mean, who the fuck is Adalius Thomas?
Or Wes Welker?
Or Randy Moss?

Buncha morons there.
If only they were an example of a model franchise to be emulated like the Arizona Cardinals.
THAT'S a quality organization.

=Z=

NDVikingFan66
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Zeus....go easy on the poor guy....he just cant see things like us more educated people.

And if you want to talk about model organizations, I am gonna toss out a couple for you

T-Wolves - See 80's Cavaliers

Cavaliers of the 80's when the commish stepped in and had to approve trades they attempted to make

Florida Marlins - Lets get rid or everyone

Oakland Raiders - Need I say more

Now, compared to these fine franchises, really, what have the patriots done?

Billy Boy
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

It's wrong.

=Z=

LOL good eye.
The records are "as of January 2005".

What I especially wanted to point out was this li'l ol' thing.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/super-bowl-ring.jpg

Zeus
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

Florida Marlins - Lets get rid or everyone

You can't include the Marlins - those effers have won 2 World Series' in the franchise's short life span.

=Z=

NDVikingFan66
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
True....but they did go through the year where they dumped everyone

snowinapril
06-12-2007, 11:55 PM
"Billy" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

It's wrong.

=Z=

LOL good eye.

Hey, that is the Russian Czars ring, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin!
LOL!

BadlandsVikings
06-12-2007, 11:57 PM
"Billy" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

It's wrong.

=Z=

LOL good eye.

Is that the ring Kraft gave putin?

snowinapril
06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

It's wrong.

=Z=

LOL good eye.

Is that the ring Kraft gave putin?

STOLE from Kraft!

snowinapril
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Kraft was showing Putin the ring, and handed it to him.
Putin thought it was a nice gesture and put it on his finger, and then went about his business.
The look on Kraft's face was as funny as all get out.

Kraft just had another one made for himself.

NDVikingFan66
06-13-2007, 12:42 AM
yeah...I remember that...but I thought he asked for his back

Jordan
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM
I think after this yr if Toine is still bit**ing, i think it might be time for his too go and i really like this young up and coming duo at corner with Griffin and McCauley. Plus McCauley would have a yr under his belt so it might be time for Winfield to go after this yr. I mean i like the guy on and off the field he takes care of business but when its time to go its time to go.

Zeus
06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

I think after this yr if Toine is still bit**ing

He hasn't bitched yet, so how could he still be bitching?

Read the actual quotes rather than what PPO posters are saying and you will be enlightened.

=Z=

The Dropper
06-14-2007, 11:09 AM
"Jordan" wrote:

I think after this yr if Toine is still bit**ing, i think it might be time for his too go and i really like this young up and coming duo at corner with Griffin and McCauley. Plus McCauley would have a yr under his belt so it might be time for Winfield to go after this yr. I mean i like the guy on and off the field he takes care of business but when its time to go its time to go.

Griffin has played one season and McCauley has never set foot in an NFL game, but you "really like this...duo?" Based on what, exactly? And why do you think that it's Winfield's "time to go?"

You brought up these points, but then you didn't offer any reasons as to why you think this way. Furthermore, Zeus is correct. Winfield has not said one single negative thing about his team this year, and it is quite likely that he will come back and play his ass off this season.

happy camper
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
When Winfield talks, you listen. When Winfield is upset, you listen.

You don't go trading the heart of the defense, who by the way, is a stand up guy.

Billy Boy
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
"The" wrote:

Furthermore, Zeus is correct. Winfield has not said one single negative thing about his team this year, and it is quite likely that he will come back and play his ass off this season.

Thats a matter of opinion. I would disagree.
I would consider the Manning comment negative (could have been worse), and he has made his discontent with the organization obvious and the connotation in many of the things he has said are negative ("The team is not going to change").

“They’re not going to bring in Peyton Manning, or anything like that.” sounds bitchy to me.
"The team is not going to change"
sounds a lot like bitching to me.

He could have handled it better, and he could have handled it worse.
I am over it as long as hes over it.

I really like this article on the whole situation.
It sums it up much like I would.

Yeah…Winfield’s Annoyed (http://mvn.com/nfl-vikings/2007/06/04/yeahwinfields-annoyed/)

Here’s what I think: Winfield’s made some valid points about the direction of this team. He’s pretty much echoing the sentiment of the fans.

But at the moment, Antoine’s bordering on doing more harm than good. He’s put in his two cents about the club, and now he needs to quit stirring things up in the media. The Vikings are maxed out on early June controversy.

Zeus
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
"Billy" wrote:

I would consider the Manning comment negative (could have been worse), and he has made his discontent with the organization obvious and the connotation in many of the things he has said are negative ("The team is not going to change").

“They’re not going to bring in Peyton Manning, or anything like that.” sounds bitchy to me.

Yeah…Winfield’s Annoyed (http://mvn.com/nfl-vikings/2007/06/04/yeahwinfields-annoyed/)

Here’s what I think: Winfield’s made some valid points about the direction of this team. He’s pretty much echoing the sentiment of the fans.

But at the moment, Antoine’s bordering on doing more harm than good. He’s put in his two cents about the club, and now he needs to quit stirring things up in the media. The Vikings are maxed out on early June controversy.

I call BULLSHIT.

Not ONCE did Winfield seek out the press - or, as this (biased) writer you've quoted says did he go about "...stirring things up in the media."

The press confronted him at mini-camp - the ONLY TIME HE HAS BEEN QUOTED - and he spoke out.
Conveniently, these Anti-Winfield scribes always fail to quote the bit where he praises Tarvaris and talks about the potential.

So amazingly typical of the media - THEY are the ones making controversy.
Antoine has not sought out anyone to voice his concerns, except for Brad Childress, that is.

=Z=

V-Unit
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
We fans need to calm down. Because of Moss, Daunte, and Marcus, we feel that every player who shows dissent about the team needs to be let go. I totally disagree. If anything, dissent shows that you care.

Unless he comes outright and demands a trade, there is absolutely no reason to trade AW, or even think about it. This is just his way of saying he wants to win, badly. I don't agree with his methods, but I like his hunger.

Billy Boy
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

I call BULLSHIT.

Not ONCE did Winfield seek out the press - or, as this (biased) writer you've quoted says did he go about "...stirring things up in the media."

The press confronted him at mini-camp - the ONLY TIME HE HAS BEEN QUOTED - and he spoke out.
Conveniently, these Anti-Winfield scribes always fail to quote the bit where he praises Tarvaris and talks about the potential.

Antoine has not sought out anyone to voice his concerns, except for Brad Childress, that is.

=Z=

I call BULLSHIT.
Did you even read the article or just the part I posted.
You sound kinda biased against he media.

LOL yes the writer has an opinion, Zeus.
This writer does talk about the quote that Winfield said about TJ, I don't even know if your post has any valid points at all.

No he didn't seek out the press (just like most NFL players don't).
I will give him a cookie for that.
The press comes to him like the press always does.
He said those things when he was asked the respective questions.
He still said them.
If he doesn't give the obnoxious press any shit, regardless of wether they came to him or not, then they will have nothing to stir.

He could have handled it better i.e. not said anything and kept all discontent with the organization behind closed doors.

Or he could have handled it much much worse, which I can think of a billion examples of other players and situations.

Also do we know if Winfield sought out Childress or the other way around.
Everything I read simply said they had a meeting.

I am not saying this organization is gonna crumble to the ground because Winfield didn't show up to voluntaries or because he said a couple remarks that would have been better of not being said.
I am saying he better be over it and not continue just cause the offense isn't extremely productive.
Like my other post said, I don't think it is gonna be a big deal because several Vikings have stated that is is O.K.

Winfields opinion of what the organization is doing is not adequate is similar to some of those I have seen around here squashed time and time again.

olson_10
06-14-2007, 02:00 PM
he hasnt mentioned a single word about not wanting to play for this football team, so hes not going anywhere..he will play out his entire contract in minnesota

singersp
06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Thats it Z.
;D

So what your saying is, your going to become more like Mr. Woo?
:P

singersp
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

I call BULLSHIT.

=Z=

So what your saying is it isn't bitching because the media questioned him instead of him seeking out the media?

It doesn't make any difference who sought out who. When you say "Nothings changed, it's not like they went out & got Manning", that's bitching in my book.

Sure he had good things to say about T-Jack & the future of the Vikings, but Winfield is bitching about the here and now, this year.

When you feel like your team is missing a couple of key players to make a difference in making a mediocre team into a playoff team........you go get them. Period! You don't wait and rebuild a team with a bunch of new talent to get there, because by the time you get those young players playing where you want them to be, the key players you had back when the young players were signed are now either FA or on another team. Unless they are signed into a long term contract.

Player turnover in todays NFL is a lot quicker than it used to be & you can't always afford the years it takes to build a Super caliber team.

Purple Floyd
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Billy" wrote:

I call kaka del rio.

=Z=

So what your saying is it isn't bitching because the media questioned him instead of him seeking out the media?

It doesn't make any difference who sought out who. When you say "Nothings changed, it's not like they went out & got Manning", that's bitching in my book.

Sure he had good things to say about T-Jack & the future of the Vikings, but Winfield is bitching about the here and now, this year.

When you feel like your team is missing a couple of key players to make a difference in making a mediocre team into a playoff team........you go get them. Period! You don't wait and rebuild a team with a bunch of new talent to get there, because by the time you get those young players playing where you want them to be, the key players you had back when the young players were signed are now either FA or on another team. Unless they are signed into a long term contract.

Player turnover in todays NFL is a lot quicker than it used to be & you can't always afford the years it takes to build a Super caliber team.

Nice post, I agree 100%