PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on vikings/giants from a packer fan

Packerguy
10-28-2004, 09:17 PM
If I had to bet I would take the Vikings. They appear to be the better team and certainly are more explosive offensively.

Things for the Vikings to be concerned about.

1. This year it will always be your defense.

2. If Tiki Barber starts ripping off big runs or screens

3. getting pressure on warner would be huge. We know he doesnt particularly respond well to getting hit.

I would say good luck but as a Packer fan I want u to lose so .......go giants...........ill talk to u viking fans later

Big Blue Pride
10-28-2004, 09:19 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

If I had to bet I would take the Vikings. They appear to be the better team and certainly are more explosive offensively.

3. getting pressure on warner would be huge. We know he doesnt particularly respond well to getting hit.

I would say good luck but as a Packer fan I want u to lose so .......go giants...........ill talk to u viking fans later

GOOOO GIANTS!

PhxFan
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
What does that guy know? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/aetsch/cheeky-smiley-022.gif

Webby
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
SKOL VIKINGS!

:)

Webby
10-28-2004, 09:25 PM
If our defense can keep putting up more aggressive numbers like last week, everyone is in a little trouble. And don't both Favre and Warner like to give off picks?

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Our defense has been the main problem ever since Tony Dungy left...nothing new. The difference now is, Tice has been focused a lot more on taking care of our defensive woes in the draft and free agency, and although the unit has taken some time getting used to each other, they have the talent to be a very good defense.

LosAngelis
10-28-2004, 10:25 PM
This is probably the first week I've been pretty sure the Vikes will win.

And that isn't necessarily a good thing, Vike fans. I'm notorious for being wrong.

skogs02
10-28-2004, 10:27 PM
"LosAngelis" wrote:

This is probably the first week I've been pretty sure the Vikes will win.

And that isn't necessarily a good thing, Vike fans. I'm notorious for being wrong.Just remember that when you talk down on the vikings :lol:

LosAngelis
10-28-2004, 10:31 PM
LOL..I've talked down on them all season, and look at your record!!!!

ultravikingfan
10-28-2004, 10:34 PM
"Packerguy" wrote:

Genius?

GIANTSOVERVIKES
10-29-2004, 09:13 AM
"webmaster" wrote:

If our defense can keep putting up more aggressive numbers like last week, everyone is in a little trouble. And don't both Favre and Warner like to give off picks?

Warner has thrown only 3 (?) picks this year. But he fumlbled a lot last week.....

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 09:16 AM
He will fumble alot more this week...after Hovan, Udeze, Williams and Mixon finish playing "Meet at the Quarterback" this week!

StrahanEatsPepper
10-29-2004, 05:55 PM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Warner has thrown only 3 (?) picks this year. But he fumlbled a lot last week.....

Actually I think he only has 2 picks....fumbles are his achilles heel....they need him to do more throwing once he finishes his 3 or 5 step drop....limit the plays that he sits back and waits for something to happen....on those plays he holds the ball too long and opens himself up to fumble causing hits...

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Our D-line will put licks on him so he better get rid of the ball or he will be fumbling...alot!

poult
10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:

"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

Actually I think he only has 2 picks....fumbles are his achilles heel....they need him to do more throwing once he finishes his 3 or 5 step drop....limit the plays that he sits back and waits for something to happen....on those plays he holds the ball too long and opens himself up to fumble causing hits...

we know all about QBs whos weakness is fumbling. turned it around this year, knock on wood, but damn, pep used to a ton.

purplepat
10-30-2004, 05:47 PM
"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:

"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"webmaster" wrote:

He also has very few TD passes. He's thrown for a decent amount of yards, but the Giants have big time red zone problems.

Webby
10-30-2004, 10:16 PM
How good is his line? Or is he just a fumble-matic?

I still doubt Hovan will have a good day...maybe Williams or Udeze.

VKG4LFE
11-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Well we put licks on Warner and you have to hand it to him he didn't fumble. But he fumbled two damn snaps! Gotta give him credit for knocking that one fumble away from Mixon when he really should have gotten it.