PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tice on YES network

StrahanEatsPepper
10-28-2004, 06:22 PM
They're talking to Tice on This Week In Football about the Giants game.

He said "The Giants own us" and also said "The Giants have dominated us since 2000".
Would have expected him to downplay that fact....

I know that past results have little to no effect on this games outcome but was surprised to hear a Head Coach talk about his team that way....

I personally think there are 2 major keys to a Giants victory
1- Defensive line has to continue their past success at pressuring & getting hits & sacks on Culpepper....I know he's playing better than ever and that makes it even more important to not let him get comfortable & find his rhythm in the game.
2-Tiki, Tiki, Tiki....We need to feed the Vikes "D" a steady diet of #21....the "O"-line needs to open some holes for him....our offense feeds off Tiki's success and will also allow us to eat up the clock & keep the Vikes offense off the field.

VikingsTw
10-28-2004, 06:38 PM
"Keep the Vikes offense off the Field"

LMAO!!!! Thats what ever team we have played has said.

VKG4LFE
10-28-2004, 06:56 PM
It's worked too, because we score in 3 minutes or less all the time!!

Webby
10-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Hey Strahan, you know the rushing numbers or all around he's put up on us the last few years? Curious.....

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 08:53 AM
Ownership changes hands on Sunday...the Vikings will own the Jints after this game!

Big C
10-29-2004, 10:55 AM
If we contain Tiki the game is ours. We all know of Tiki's Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde style of play (mr. fumbler last year pro bowl RB this year). If we contain him or force one turnover from him we're set.

ItalianStallion
10-29-2004, 11:08 AM
I am alot more worried about our pass defense than Tiki Barber. I realize Tiki is their best player on offense but our defense has so much more difficulty stopping the pass than it does the run.

Kleinsasser40
10-29-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm not surprised at all to hear Tice say that. He is a pretty down to earth guy. He is not going to say that we will own you if you have pretty much plagued us for the past four years. He knows though, that winning is possible, and there isa big chance of it this year. Just remember, we are a much different team than last year, and the NFC championship year.

StrahanEatsPepper
10-29-2004, 05:38 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

I'm not surprised at all to hear Tice say that. He is a pretty down to earth guy. He is not going to say that we will own you if you have pretty much plagued us for the past four years. He knows though, that winning is possible, and there isa big chance of it this year. Just remember, we are a much different team than last year, and the NFC championship year.

I know he was saying the Vikes couldn't win & I'm sure he's going into the game expecting to win.....just surprised me that he used those phrases.....especially about being owned....most coaches would have said the Giants have had alot of success against their team or something along those lines....

We all know of Tiki's Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde style of play (mr. fumbler last year pro bowl RB this year).
Have you looked at Tiki's stats over the last 4 years....yes he had problems with fumbles but the yardage was always there...I think he is second behind only Priest Holmes(was coming into the year) over the last 3-4 years in all purpose yardage......just now that he's eliminated the fumbles he's finally getting recognition for the yardage he racks up....

snowinapril
10-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Heck, in the Press conference yesterday he let it slip that he had Williams practicing on 3rd downs on the goal line. Then he said whoops you guys aren't going to print that are you.

Like that is really a secret. He was laughing about it.

Tice sometimes has diarhea of the mouth. What ever is on his mind just sprays right on out. Sometimes it is ugly.

StrahanEatsPepper
10-29-2004, 05:51 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Heck, in the Press conference yesterday he let it slip that he had Williams practicing on 3rd downs on the goal line. Then he said whoops you guys aren't going to print that are you.

Like that is really a secret. He was laughing about it.

Tice sometimes has diarhea of the mouth. What ever is on his mind just sprays right on out. Sometimes it is ugly.

LMAO!!!! .....yeah but I like that he is straight up like that....and while they may put their foot in their mouth occassionally I give them respect for keeping it real.......hate when coaches in any sport try to sugar coat everything they say

snowinapril
10-29-2004, 05:56 PM
True, I like it real also. It just makes him sound like a dork. Can a team respect a dork?

StrahanEatsPepper
10-29-2004, 05:57 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

True, I like it real also. It just makes him sound like a dork. Can a team respect a dork?

Yes when he's a dork that wins

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:55 PM
Especially when he takes us to the Super Bowl and wins the championship...WOO HOO!