PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Tyler Thigpen, Vikings rookie QB

Garland Greene
05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1203070.html

Nice interview. He is one of 2 players that I will be tryuing to watch closley as the pre-season begins. I definatly think that he will be at least the #3 QB. But from what I read and given some time he could turn out to be a solid back up.

Prophet
05-24-2007, 05:43 AM
He will not work on elevators.

Marrdro
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Learn something new everyday I guess
;D

Q How many times have you had to explain what a Chanticleer (the Coastal Carolina nickname) is? That's a German war plane, right? Kidding, of course.

A No (laughing). Quite a bit. Actually, it's a smart rooster from [Chaucer's] Canterbury Tales. [In the story], the fox got him to close his eyes, and got him to sing a little wake-up song, and the fox got him in his mouth. Then the chicken ends up getting the fox to talk and he flies out of his mouth. We used to have a Gamecock [as a mascot] because it used to be University of South Carolina-Coastal Carolina. They branched off and did their own thing in 1993. They still took on the chicken, but they called it Chanticleer.

davike
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
This kid has some great potential....he could start in a few years for us if Jackson doesn't turn out.

Ltrey33
05-24-2007, 12:27 PM
He sounds like a good kid. I hope he makes the team over Henson.

Henson hasn't performed wherever he's been, where as Thigpen has a chance to grow.

Billy Boy
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, its a good article on Todd Bouman.

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
"davike" wrote:

This kid has some great potential....he could start in a few years for us if Jackson doesn't turn out.

WOW! i really like this kid, but i dont believe he can be a starter...i would love to see this guy come in and be a star but i just dont think he has the QB skills to do it, seems like he ran first, passed second in college.

davike
05-24-2007, 01:20 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

WOW! i really like this kid, but i dont believe he can be a starter...i would love to see this guy come in and be a star but i just dont think he has the QB skills to do it, seems like he ran first, passed second in college.

He has what it takes. I said in a few years of training.

Property0f
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

He sounds like a good kid. I hope he makes the team over Henson.

Henson hasn't performed wherever he's been, where as Thigpen has a chance to grow.

http://media.startribune.com/smedia/2007/05/23/20/501-3861597.embedded.prod_affiliate.2.jpg

He looks goofy.

Im sure he will make the roster. They wouldnt invest a pick in a player and drop him before the season even began. Practice squad at the least.

Billy Boy
05-24-2007, 02:32 PM
I thought the same thing.

Hes not that weird looking.

http://images.sportsnetwork.com/cfoot/1aa/payton_2006/head/29646.jpg

Just seems to walk like bigfoot.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/graphic/images/lento-bigfoot.jpg

duvaldomo
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

I dont know man he might be very good one day in about 4-5 years or so. yeah he did more running in college but that was the colleges first year playing football I believe. He has what it takes to start but if not then he will be an awesome backup for tjack.

nephilimstorm
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Tyler will be an option I just don't know what will do with Henson

Billy Boy
05-24-2007, 05:04 PM
"Nephilim" wrote:

Tyler will be an option I just don't know what will do with Henson

What did they do with him last year?

nephilimstorm
05-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Wasn't he on the practice squad?? then cut?

cogitans
05-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Henson ended the year on the Practice squad

nephilimstorm
05-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I figured so...i was wondering if he knew lol

Billy Boy
05-24-2007, 05:26 PM
"cogitans" wrote:

Henson ended the year on the Practice squad

Practice squad, released, practice squad.

They only kept him around when they were worried about injuries.