PDA

View Full Version : We've been sent here for a reason.......



GIANTSOVERVIKES
10-28-2004, 10:00 AM
The Giants have a duty to bring the redhot Vikings back down to Earth. It's dirty work that nobody else wants to do, but over the years we have accepted this as our responsiblity. This Sunday history will repeat itself as the Gmen march into the Metrodome and spank the Vikes once again. :salute:

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 10:15 AM
The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.

snowinapril
10-28-2004, 10:21 AM
Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

GIANTSOVERVIKES
10-28-2004, 10:26 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.



I have the upmost respect for the Vikes and think if we bring our best game we can play up to their level. Even against a tough Detroit defense, Barber managed to put up impressive numbers, and if Warner can get in a groove, he can be very dangerous.
Our biggest problem last week was the breakdown of our O line, hopefully we have fixed that over the week and can give Warner some time in the pocket.

GIANTSOVERVIKES
10-28-2004, 10:29 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

I come in peace and have the opportunity to talk plenty of trash with the Eagles fans that infest our MB LOL

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 10:38 AM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

I come in peace and have the opportunity to talk plenty of trash with the Eagles fans that infest our MB LOL

i DONT come in peace...move the thread if you got too.

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 10:45 AM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:



Even against a tough Detroit defense

Wow, never thought I'd actually see that phrase!

Yeah before the season started I thought your o-line was going to be a huge problem, but they've done very well at run blocking. It helps to have a back like Tiki who is a smart, patient runner and knows to wait for his blocking to set up before hitting the hole.

But you're right they have to find a way to protect Warner to stay in this game. The Vikings pass rush is finally starting to emerge and even if they only get a hurry, the secondary is playing more opportunistic football as of late and that is a big part of our win over Tennessee. Warner has gotten sacked a lot this year already.

I don't underestimate Warner at all, the guy went to two Super Bowls for a reason and he's still a veteran who makes accurate throws and can get the job done.

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 10:49 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:



Even against a tough Detroit defense

Wow, never thought I'd actually see that phrase!

Yeah before the season started I thought your o-line was going to be a huge problem, but they've done very well at run blocking. It helps to have a back like Tiki who is a smart, patient runner and knows to wait for his blocking to set up before hitting the hole.

But you're right they have to find a way to protect Warner to stay in this game. The Vikings pass rush is finally starting to emerge and even if they only get a hurry, the secondary is playing more opportunistic football as of late and that is a big part of our win over Tennessee.

I don't underestimate Warner at all, the guy went to two Super Bowls for a reason and he's still a veteran who makes accurate throws and can get the job done.


If he can find a way to hold onto the ball when he's being pressured (and the nice climate of the dome should help that) then he'll be fine.

Whats up with your speed back Bennett? Is he playing or out for the season. I fear him almost as much as moss.

PhxFan
10-28-2004, 10:50 AM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.
We are plenty deep on offensive weapons, in all positions. Our D is the only concern, I believe they will be up for this game...gonna be a sad week in the big apple!!

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Bennett is no longer the starting back, he's lost the job to our rookie Mewelde Moore at least for now. Moore has done so well filling in that Tice has decided to keep him in the starting role. But Bennett will probably see some limited playing time.

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 10:52 AM
"PhxFan" wrote:

"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.
We are plenty deep on offensive weapons, in all positions. Our D is the only concern, I believe they will be up for this game...gonna be a sad week in the big apple!!


it already is my man...and i'm sure you know i'm not talking football.

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 10:53 AM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

I read that Toomer is questionable for this weekend...will he play or not?

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 10:55 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

I read that Toomer is questionable for this weekend...will he play or not?

not sure right now. looks like he has a problem with his hammy, which usually requires a week of rest to heal. he's listed as questionable, but we all know how vague that label is.

GIANTSOVERVIKES
10-28-2004, 10:55 AM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

I read that Toomer is questionable for this weekend...will he play or not?



He's "questionable" right now, which really means nothing.

sdvikefan
10-28-2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah I'm sure he'll be in there.

snowinapril
10-28-2004, 11:19 AM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

I come in peace and have the opportunity to talk plenty of trash with the Eagles fans that infest our MB LOL

It is all in good fun!!!

snowinapril
10-28-2004, 11:25 AM
G-Men Fans,

Did I see it correctly, Tiki started fumbling AGAIN last week. I know Warner had some but I could swear that I saw Tiki fumble also.

Are we going to see the new Tiki (no fumbles) or the old Tiki (fumble-lia)?

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 11:31 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

G-Men Fans,

Did I see it correctly, Tiki started fumbling AGAIN last week. I know Warner had some but I could swear that I saw Tiki fumble also.

Are we going to see the new Tiki (no fumbles) or the old Tiki (fumble-lia)?


i'm pretty sure your going to see the tiki that leads the league in total yards.

PhxFan
10-28-2004, 12:10 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

G-Men Fans,

Did I see it correctly, Tiki started fumbling AGAIN last week. I know Warner had some but I could swear that I saw Tiki fumble also.

Are we going to see the new Tiki (no fumbles) or the old Tiki (fumble-lia)?


i'm pretty sure your going to see the tiki that leads the league in total yards.
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/67-tiki_fumbling1.JPG
http://www.nydailynews.com/ips_rich_content/261-tiki_fumbling2.JPG

ultravikingfan
10-28-2004, 12:48 PM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.



I have the upmost respect for the Vikes and think if we bring our best game we can play up to their level. Even against a tough Detroit defense, Barber managed to put up impressive numbers, and if Warner can get in a groove, he can be very dangerous.
Our biggest problem last week was the breakdown of our O line, hopefully we have fixed that over the week and can give Warner some time in the pocket.

This Detroit Defense comment, tough? Come on now! Here are some stats about that:
Detroit:
Overall Defense: 30
Rush Defense: 11
Pass Defense: 29
Turnovers: 32 (that's last)
Minnesota:
Overall Defense: 29
Rush Defense: 5
Pass Defense: 30
Turnovers: 20
Now, I know the Giants did not put Detroit at these bottom of the barrel rankings. Barber had 22 rushes for 70 yards. Thats 3.2 per carry. His longest run was 11 yards. He had 7 catches for 102 yards. 1 catch was for 62 and a TD.
Considering these stats (not to mention the whopping 13 points the Giants scored) Detroit is neither a "tough" defense, and Barber was not all that impressive. Do you really think Barber can keep this pace up? That's the question they had about Atlanta's Defense, and look what happend to them. Oh yeah, you have to play in the Dome!

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 12:52 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.



I have the upmost respect for the Vikes and think if we bring our best game we can play up to their level. Even against a tough Detroit defense, Barber managed to put up impressive numbers, and if Warner can get in a groove, he can be very dangerous.
Our biggest problem last week was the breakdown of our O line, hopefully we have fixed that over the week and can give Warner some time in the pocket.


This Detroit Defense comment, tough? Come on now! Here are some stats about that:
Detroit:
Overall Defense: 30
Rush Defense: 11
Pass Defense: 29
Turnovers: 32 (that's last)
Minnesota:
Overall Defense: 29
Rush Defense: 5
Pass Defense: 30
Turnovers: 20
Now, I know the Giants did not put Detroit at these bottom of the barrel rankings. Barber had 22 rushes for 70 yards. Thats 3.2 per carry. His longest run was 11 yards. He had 7 catches for 102 yards. 1 catch was for 62 and a TD.
Considering these stats (not to mention the whopping 13 points the Giants scored) Detroit is neither a "tough" defense, and Barber was not all that impressive. Do you really think Barber can keep this pace up? That's the question they had about Atlanta's Defense, and look what happend to them. Oh yeah, you have to play in the Dome!



The Giants fair well in the dome and have a QB that is suited for that atmosphere. As for your stats...save em, go cut and paste for someone that gives a sh**.

ultravikingfan
10-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Well, I hope other Giants fans are a little more intelligent that you are at picking words like "tough" and "impressive". Don't you turds have a website you can mingle on, or do you just like to go to your opponents sites and humiliate yourselves? Get a life scumbag!

Articnv
10-28-2004, 01:03 PM
BKLYNG
yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

Have you even paid atetion to the vikings last 2 games we lost moss in the 2n 1/2 of the game 2 weeks ago. Moss went in last week started and was pulled incase we need him fi we got behind. We moved the ball with out him. And with him out the defnse seems to play that match harder.

We also have deep threat with campbell, and we also have Burlsen and robison(sp) we still cna move the ballw/out our Star WR.
Not to mention MM who is ding awsoem for a rookei and 4th tringer
Same situtation thsi week if we need moss we will play him if not he will rest.

Cant wait till the midgets get there ass handed to them at the dome

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 01:05 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Well, I hope other Giants fans are a little more intelligent that you are at picking words like "tough" and "impressive". Don't you turds have a website you can mingle on, or do you just like to go to your opponents sites and humiliate yourselves? Get a life scumbag!

Actually retard we have a board that features 13,000 menbers, not 1,300. The reason we are all on this board is because some vikings fan came over to our baord and issued a challenge. Then we come over here and see a thread called "Giants fans...you guys scared of us or what?" what do you think the normal human reacting would be.

and beside, dont worry about how intelligent my football lingo is. This is supposed to smack talk you purple wearing pu**y.

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 01:08 PM
"Articnv" wrote:


BKLYNG
yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

Have you even paid atetion to the vikings last 2 games we lost moss in the 2n 1/2 of the game 2 weeks ago. Moss went in last week started and was pulled incase we need him fi we got behind. We moved the ball with out him. And with him out the defnse seems to play that match harder.

We also have deep threat with campbell, and we also have Burlsen and robison(sp) we still cna move the ballw/out our Star WR.
Not to mention MM who is ding awsoem for a rookei and 4th tringer
Same situtation thsi week if we need moss we will play him if not he will rest.

Cant wait till the midgets get there ass handed to them at the dome


i'm not doubting your offense. The only vikes game I saw this year was against philly, which in my opinion you should have won if not for a few mistakes. I just feel that if Moss is not healthy, with careful game planning, the Giants will be able to handle your other deep threats. But only the game will tell.

PhxFan
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
When your backs go deep to cover the pass...the rushing yards stats will climb http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/funny/moon.gif
http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/Image/17/172284.jpg

Articnv
10-28-2004, 02:41 PM
Your back will either a need to cover deep or cover rush either way your beat. You cut the deep threat off we run u cut the run off we pass that simple )

Kleinsasser40
10-28-2004, 03:12 PM
by the way guys. Where is your message board?

SKOL
10-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Kleisasser, you should make your avatar (____________________) this big so we have (_) this much room to post. :lol:

rjkvikings
10-28-2004, 03:22 PM
"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

The Giants have a duty to bring the redhot Vikings back down to Earth. It's dirty work that nobody else wants to do, but over the years we have accepted this as our responsiblity. This Sunday history will repeat itself as the Gmen march into the Metrodome and spank the Vikes once again. :salute:

Come on now, If history has proven anything, it's that history proves nothing in determining the outcome of sports. (except in baseball where the Red Sox were down 3-0 against the yankees and then lost to keep the curse alive.... oh wait, nevermind. :D

BKLYNYG
10-28-2004, 03:53 PM
"Kleinsasser40" wrote:

by the way guys. Where is your message board?

http://www.giants.com/

click on fan zone.

VKG4LFE
10-28-2004, 05:47 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

3rd best team in the state! Hell, there is only one team IN the state, and that would be Buffalo! The other ones play in New Jersey! New Jersey Giants and Jets!

StrahanEatsPepper
10-28-2004, 06:08 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.


Your defense can contain the run? You give up the 3rd most yards per carry(4.8)....only reason you've not given up more total rushing yards is that you've lit up the score board in most games and opponents have abandoned the run to play catchup......


Bad times for NY fans? Ummmm.....when's the last time a Minnesota team won anything?

VKG4LFE
10-28-2004, 06:18 PM
Well our football team won last week!

Articnv
10-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Twins won divsion KG was MVP and wolves won the divsion i could go on about MN tms

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:10 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"GIANTSOVERVIKES" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Trash talk from the Second best football team in NYC and the 3rd best team in the State of NY. Bring it on!

You are going to be crying like a little sissy after the game and you are going to have to call Queer Eye for the Sissy Guy to come over and cheer you up with a Cosmo or a Martini in hand after the game.

This thread may need to be moved to the Trash talk area.!!

I come in peace and have the opportunity to talk plenty of trash with the Eagles fans that infest our MB LOL

i DONT come in peace...move the thread if you got too.

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

The Vikes proved last week that they could move the ball down the field just fine, thank you very much...plus the defense started to find its groove, which they will continue this Sunday against your Jints.

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:12 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.

I read that Toomer is questionable for this weekend...will he play or not?

not sure right now. looks like he has a problem with his hammy, which usually requires a week of rest to heal. he's listed as questionable, but we all know how vague that label is.

I am sure that further weakens your already weak WR corps...what with Carter out and all...gonna have to rely way to heavily on Tiki and Shockey, who will be keyed on all day.

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:14 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"PhxFan" wrote:

"BKLYNYG" wrote:

yes, your offense is on fire right now, but it appears that moss will only be available on third downs and red zone situations. the vikes will have to find another way to move the ball down the field.
We are plenty deep on offensive weapons, in all positions. Our D is the only concern, I believe they will be up for this game...gonna be a sad week in the big apple!!


it already is my man...and i'm sure you know i'm not talking football.

I am a Yankees fan since 1977 (when Ron Guidry arrived on the scene) and I am feeling it too! But rest assured, Georgie will not stand pat...he is going out and will find the players to take back what is rightfully the Yankees title.

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:15 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

G-Men Fans,

Did I see it correctly, Tiki started fumbling AGAIN last week. I know Warner had some but I could swear that I saw Tiki fumble also.

Are we going to see the new Tiki (no fumbles) or the old Tiki (fumble-lia)?


i'm pretty sure your going to see the tiki that leads the league in total yards.

We are going to see the Tiki that gets laid out all day on Sunday!

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:18 PM
"BKLYNYG" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Well, I hope other Giants fans are a little more intelligent that you are at picking words like "tough" and "impressive". Don't you turds have a website you can mingle on, or do you just like to go to your opponents sites and humiliate yourselves? Get a life scumbag!

Actually retard we have a board that features 13,000 menbers, not 1,300. The reason we are all on this board is because some vikings fan came over to our baord and issued a challenge. Then we come over here and see a thread called "Giants fans...you guys scared of us or what?" what do you think the normal human reacting would be.

and beside, dont worry about how intelligent my football lingo is. This is supposed to smack talk you purple wearing pu**y.

Purple is a royal color, you serf...and it is way better than wearing NAVY blue, you submarine f*ggot!

cajunvike
10-29-2004, 11:21 PM
"StrahanEatsPepper" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

The only thing that will be brought down this weekend is the "Blue Wall", to a pile of rubble on the Metrodome floor. The difference between this year and those other years is that our offense is unstoppable, our defense can contain the run, which is bad for you, and is showing the ability to make big plays. These are tough times for New York fans, but I'm sure things will get better down the road.


Your defense can contain the run? You give up the 3rd most yards per carry(4.8)....only reason you've not given up more total rushing yards is that you've lit up the score board in most games and opponents have abandoned the run to play catchup......

Bad times for NY fans? Ummmm.....when's the last time a Minnesota team won anything?

And we will light up the scoreboard this Sunday again, but when Warner drops back to pass he is only gonna see purple jerseys in his face, just before he sees the green turf as he gets drilled into it.

cajunvike
10-31-2004, 05:48 PM
I guess the light bulbs on our side of the scoreboard were out today and didn't get changed until the end of the game...that's my story and I am sticking to it...LOL