PDA

View Full Version : OTA's start with energy, without Winfield

COJOMAY
05-22-2007, 05:26 PM
http://vikings.kfan.com/sports/nflguide/local/story.aspx?content_id=D3709487-AD68-4E63-944B-70B1EB8021CD
Tuesday afternoon marked the first OTA workout for the Minnesota Vikings in 2007, and for a day one workout the energy and enthusiasm was quite high as the team began working towards improving on last year's 6-10 record.

NodakPaul
05-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Last year's number one pick Chad Greenway took part in all the work today and looked fantastic.
His physical fitness looks very good and he was not wearing a knee brace.

Good news!

-Wide receiver Troy Williamson looked good today catching the ball, but had some issues with footwork during individual drills.

-The most consistent of the receivers was probably newcomer Bobby Wade who seemed comfortable with things and caught the ball well all day long.
If he can emerge as a threat in the slot it will really open things up for the offense.

More good news!

-Top pick Adrian Peterson was impressive again today, showing good burst and better than anticipated hands.
On several occasions Peterson had to stretch out for passes and even made a sweet one-handed grab in the flat.

Whoo Hoo!

-Tarvaris Jackson had a bit of an up and down day today.
In the very windy conditions you can see why people love his arm because his throws are tight and have good velocity.
However he and center Norm Katnik were forced to run laps for botching several snaps throughout the day.

Jackson also appeared to miss some of his reads and Childress along with offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell spent quite a bit of time talking with their young signal caller.

Doh!

COJOMAY
05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
More here:
http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_OTAQuotes52207.html
and here:
http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ota52207.html

Jarlvik2006
05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Great stuff Cojo.
Thanks for "bringing it".
I really like the fact that PPO is "One stop shopping" for all my Vikings info.
[b]If it isn't here, it isn't happening.

I'm happy to see all the positive stuff.
It should be a great offseason, barring any injuries.
I also wouldn't be surprised to see Gannon as a QB coach somewhere in the near future.
Maybe the Vikings?

stateVIKE44
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
On the offesnive line, rookie free agent Dan Mozes more than held his own against Kevin and Pat Williams.

That is nice to hear.....looks like Mr. Mozes could add some good depth to the O-line.

wv__viking__fan
05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Mozes is a ball player.
It's great to hear that he is showing what he can do, I know it's early.
I'm a Mountaineer "homer", as I am a Viking but I watched Dan his entire career at WVU and I couldn't believe he went undrafted.
I knew someone would get a steal, just glad it's us.

marcosMN
05-22-2007, 09:48 PM
-Cornerbacks Cedric Griffin and rookie Marcus McCauley look like twins out there and it shows where the organization wants to go with the cornerback spot in terms of the types of players they draft.

Keen.

I'll take physical corners like Showtime any day o' the week.

cajunvike
05-22-2007, 10:16 PM
"wv__viking__fan" wrote:

Mozes is a ball player.
It's great to hear that he is showing what he can do, I know it's early.
I'm a Mountaineer "homer", as I am a Viking but I watched Dan his entire career at WVU and I couldn't believe he went undrafted.
I knew someone would get a steal, just glad it's us.

Good deal!
We will take the steal every time!
I am glad that Mozes has emerged...that frees up Ryan Cook to focus exclusively on RT...and gives us a viable option as a backup to Harvard Boy!
;D

Vikes_King
05-22-2007, 10:30 PM
i was just about to quote that myself sno, im pretty happy about that too :) with those two and blue we have some young bruisers

dsharp
05-22-2007, 10:40 PM
A quote from Tarvaris Jackson:

"I spend a lot of time up here with Brooks (Bollinger). He's been in the league for about four or five years now. I learned a lot from him this offseason and listening to my coaches, so that's going to help too."

Uh-oh

JSRasmus2698
05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same, I love the way Ced plays but don't know anything about the newbie.
Good news that they are similar in stature and hopefully they play alike.

NodakPaul
05-22-2007, 10:48 PM
"dsharp" wrote:

"I spend a lot of time up here with Brooks (Bollinger). He's been in the league for about four or five years now. I learned a lot from him this offseason and listening to my coaches, so that's going to help too."

Uh-oh

Don't uh-oh yet.
BB is not that bad of a quarterback.
;)
He is underrated IMHO.

tb04512
05-22-2007, 10:56 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"dsharp" wrote:

Uh-oh

Don't uh-oh yet.
BB is not that bad of a quarterback.
;)
He is underrated IMHO.

he's undersized too
:)

jessejames09
05-22-2007, 10:59 PM
I have a feeling brooks will get some playing time this year. I like our odds with him at QB as much as a do with tarvaris for early 2007.Although i do like throwing TJ to the wolves to at least get some experience.

marcosMN
05-22-2007, 11:08 PM
"jessejames09" wrote:

I have a feeling brooks will get some playing time this year. I like our odds with him at QB as much as a do with tarvaris for early 2007.Although i do like throwing TJ to the wolves to at least get some experience.

At this point I'm not sure I would go as far as to call it "throwing him to the wolves."

He had a couple of games last year, so he knows whats up. Now he will have had an entire offseason essentially training as the starter.

I'm not saying he'll look like a seasoned vet, but he's seen a glimpse of what is to come..