PDA

View Full Version : I want to see more of this from Williamson

COJOMAY
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I sure would like to see Williamson do more of this this year!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEzBb3dnUxU

NDVikingFan66
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Seems like a play that would come out of the Kick A** Offense version of the West Coast Offense.
So, TWill just has to learn to catch.....

jaymz7
05-20-2007, 09:40 PM
I agree. Just seeing him catch the ball would be nice.

Garland Greene
05-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Its amazing what they can do with photoshop these days.

marcosMN
05-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately when he runs that route in the NFL, he is too preoccupied with trying not to piss himself out of fear of the opposing defense that he can't catch a ball to save his life.

Maybe this year he can regain some of that explosiveness, seeing as he doesn't have to play the role of the new dude to the receiving corps. Rice and Allison and company can take that burden off his hands.

BadlandsVikings
05-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I think his dropsys are out of fear of being hit after the catch.
They need to have someone run over him constantly until that fear goes away.

PurplePeopleEaters89
05-20-2007, 11:27 PM
i would love to see him do that also, but then again no CB is going to give him that big of cushion!! that had to be almost 10-12yds!!!

LAVike
05-21-2007, 12:04 AM
Hell Yeah!
I think with the addition of Sidney Rice, he might have a break out year with a fellow Gamecock lined up with him--just like the old days.
Whatever, anything to make me feel better about him . . . he'll turn it around this year.

jessejames09
05-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Now its game time though. He knows if he doesn't preform now, no more millions. He knows taking a few hits is worth what he will get if he can catch some balls and eventually display his athleticism.

singersp
05-21-2007, 05:11 AM
"jaymz7" wrote:

People seem to forget Troy had several nice catches in a row towards the latter part of the season.

What I noticed about those catches is that they were all quick hits much like the video where he didn't have a lot of time to react to the ball. It seems where Troy has his biggest trouble is when he is thrown a bomb & he has to look up & adjust to the ball.

We need to get him more balls on routes being run across the middle at full speed. I see his best potential there.

I'm also interested in seeing what that offseason vision program did for him.

digital420
05-21-2007, 05:36 AM
one small aspect i think that hasn't been discussed in the whole Twill uncathing is..

he's had to get used to 3 dif qb's throwing styles.

if he can sit back and learn Tjack smoothly and knowingly.. i bet he'll have a bttr time adjusting and predicting the ball movement.

at least i hope.

DiGiTaL

2beersTommy
05-21-2007, 06:28 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"jaymz7" wrote:

I'm also interested in seeing what that offseason vision program did for him.

I'm sure he's interested in seeing the ball!, I do think that the title of this thread should have been " I want to see SOMETHING from this Williamson"

Prophet
05-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Most aren't expecting much of him, maybe that will take the pressure off of him and he'll perform this year.
We can hope.

Zeus
05-21-2007, 07:23 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

Most aren't expecting much of him, maybe that will take the pressure off of him and he'll perform this year.
We can hope.

Nothing says "Comeback Season!" like low expectations.

=Z=

mountainviking
05-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Perhaps, TWill just doesn't have what it takes to be a true #1 WR...Sure, he is fast, but the long balls were definitely where his trouble lied...the quick slant is more his thing, as well as the YAC!
Now that we have another burner in Allison and a young red zone threat in Rice, the pressure on Troy should go down some...combined with his ?vision problem? correction?? just might make him a whole lot better!!

And, just wanted to mention, that some (a few) of the balls he dropped weren't exactly great passes...BJ just did not have the deep accuracy that he used to last year, AND, the OLine struggled in pass protection most of the year, making it harder on everyone!

Marrdro
05-21-2007, 10:37 AM
"mountainviking" wrote:

Perhaps, TWill just doesn't have what it takes to be a true #1 WR...Sure, he is fast, but the long balls were definitely where his trouble lied...the quick slant is more his thing, as well as the YAC!
Now that we have another burner in Allison and a young red zone threat in Rice, the pressure on Troy should go down some...combined with his ?vision problem? correction?? just might make him a whole lot better!!

And, just wanted to mention, that some (a few) of the balls he dropped weren't exactly great passes...BJ just did not have the deep accuracy that he used to last year, AND, the OLine struggled in pass protection most of the year, making it harder on everyone!

I agree with one exception.
There isn't really a #1, #2 or #3 WR in a WCO.

Lengthy post I made kindof spells it out.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888912&topic=34209.0

In essence, what we've learned are that the Flanker and Split End positions are not always viewed as a No. 1 and No. 2 because of the schemes. At times these receivers will post similar numbers. At the same time, a slot receiver should not be a targeted position as a fantasy receiver based on their limitations in targets. The TE position is key to a WCO and the ability of an RB and FB to be pass receivers is essential.

Del Rio
05-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I have always said it makes no difference wether your #1 #2 or even #3 #4.......if the ball hits your hands......your face.....your chest......catch it. End of story.

C Mac D
05-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Who doesn't want to see more from Williamson this season?

vikingivan
05-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Maybe this year, finally Twill will finally catch the ball.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Marrdro
05-21-2007, 11:26 AM
"Del" wrote:

I have always said it makes no difference wether your #1 #2 or even #3 #4.......if the ball hits your hands......your face.....your chest......catch it. End of story.

I thought it was you that was spouting such jibberish.
;D

Thought of you when I found this little jewel during my research.

Freakout
05-21-2007, 11:36 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:

i would love to see him do that also, but then again no CB is going to give him that big of cushion!! that had to be almost 10-12yds!!!

He can always pray he gets matched up with Smoot
;D