PDA

View Full Version : QB quandaries

ColoradoViking
05-17-2007, 01:10 PM
It's not often that the Vikings make front page news anywhere outside of Minnesota these days.
Given the lack of opportunity to prove himself as yet, this is probably a more meaningful point than whether Tarvaris should have been ranked last in the ESPN poll. . .
hxxp: sportsillustrated. cnn. com/2007/writers/don_banks/05/15/qb. situations/index. html

We do indeed have an unnerving lack of experience at QB right now.

cajunvike
05-17-2007, 01:18 PM
It seemed to have worked out just fine when we brought back both Cunningham and George to play QB for us...let's give TJack a chance.
If the OL can be solidified, the WR corps made to catch what hits them in the hands and the RBs do what they are capable of doing, then TJack will have no excuses if he doesn't deliver.
But don't be surprised if he steps up and delivers!
Heck, Rottenburger did it a couple of years ago...and last season showed that he wasn't really an elite QB that people thought that he was two years ago.
Same for Grossman...give TJack the kind of team that surrounded Wrecks and he does MUCH BETTER IMO!
We can be the same kind of team that the Bears were last season if everyone steps up does what they are capable of...better even, since TJack will be an improvement over Grossman!

Zeus
05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
"ColoradoViking" wrote:

It's not often that the Vikings make front page news anywhere outside of Minnesota these days.
Given the lack of opportunity to prove himself as yet, this is probably a more meaningful point than whether Tarvaris should have been ranked last in the ESPN poll. . .
hxxp: sportsillustrated. cnn. com/2007/writers/don_banks/05/15/qb. situations/index. html

We do indeed have an unnerving lack of experience at QB right now.

Here's the link w/out new poster substitutions (the site does it automatically to discourage spammers):
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/05/15/qb.situations/index.html?eref=si_nfl

=Z=

ColoradoViking
05-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks. . .
waterboy is gonna need to learn a few things

Zeus
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
"ColoradoViking" wrote:

Thanks. . .
waterboy is gonna need to learn a few things

Nothing you could have done about it!
As I noted, the site does that to keep spamming to a minimum.

Welcome, Colorado!
Wander on over to the Free Beer forum and introduce yourself!

=Z=

Prophet
05-17-2007, 01:38 PM
it only breaks up links for the first 10 posts or something like that, another measure to keep the spammers at bay.

Welcome to the site.

Billy Boy
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome.
Good to see viking fans in the Fine state of Colorado.

cajunvike
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
"Prophet" wrote:

it only breaks up links for the first 10 posts or something like that, another measure to keep the spammers at bay.

Welcome to the site.

Yeah...welcome aboard!
You leave the waterboy title behind after 10 posts...just ONE MORE reason to post often and post well...and you will do just fine here if you just do those two things!
;D

midgensa
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm very hopeful for Tarvaris. With a franchise type QB on the board in Quinn and our coaches don't go in the direction ... it seems to me that they have confidence in the kid. Obviously there is nowhere on this list that he could be ranked other than 32nd and I am very nervous that we have a lot of pieces falling in and if the QB does not fall in, it might not matter ... but I have faith right now and hopefully still have it come week six or seven.

cajunvike
05-17-2007, 03:26 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

I'm very hopeful for Tarvaris. With a franchise type QB on the board in Quinn and our coaches don't go in the direction ... it seems to me that they have confidence in the kid. Obviously there is nowhere on this list that he could be ranked other than 32nd and I am very nervous that we have a lot of pieces falling in and if the QB does not fall in, it might not matter ... but I have faith right now and hopefully still have it come week six or seven.

We have to give him a shot...if he fails, we are only one year behind...because we WILL be drafting Brohm next season if we suck!

Billy Boy
05-17-2007, 03:33 PM
More concerned about DE and the right side of the line.
Either Bollinger or Jackson will be O.K.

whackthepack
05-17-2007, 03:36 PM
What he said about Minnesota!

If any team in recent NFL history has entered a season with less of a track record to lean on at the game's most pivotal position, I really can't imagine when it would have been.”

Could it have been this year?

Texans:

All the QB’s on their roster have a combined 4 NFL starts!

Matt Schaub (2)
Sage Rosenfels (2) Porter (0)
Van Pelt (0).
He wrote that if Schaub fails that we should keep an eye on Zabransky!
He was an undrafted rookie, that is there safety net at QB?

Viking’s:
Brooks Bollinger has 9 starts!
More than double the number by the combined Texan QBs.

T-Jack has 2 starts the same number as Schaub.

I would like to Email him, but it doesn't give you that option.

Garland Greene
05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Hey there is always Yancy Thigpen.

Garland Greene
05-18-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Shakiest QB situations guess who is #1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0705/gallery.nfl.unsettled.qb/content.10.html

tb04512
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
"Garland" wrote:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0705/gallery.nfl.unsettled.qb/content.10.html

i dont see how we couldnt be number 1..we either us the texans or raiders, but TJ will hold his own, especially with the RB's we have... and i wouldnt be suprised to see moore used in a R.Bush kind of way

Marrdro
05-19-2007, 07:53 AM
"Garland" wrote:

Quit beating around the bush GG.
Come right out and tell us what you think of our QB
;D

ESPN is just being ESPN here cause they didn't hype him like they did other "Well Known" QB's in the past.

He can ball.
;D

singersp
05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
"Garland" wrote:

I can believe that. We are going into the season with T-Jack (probably) starting w/o a capable proven veteran on staff to mentor him or step in to get the job done if he fails.

I do not consider Bollinger a proven veteran.

We are going into the "unknown" & only after T-Jack gets his shot will we know.

I still believe the Vikings should have signed a capable wiley veteran QB for back-up. It could be a costly mistake. As it stands everything T-Jack learns from now on will come from experience. With as little playing time as Bollinger has had, I don't know what advice he can offer T-Jack.

Garland Greene
05-19-2007, 09:19 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

;D

ESPN is just being ESPN here cause they didn't hype him like they did other "Well Known" QB's in the past.

He can ball.
;D

Trust me if there is a bigger supporter of T-Jack its me ;D. Just give the guy a chance. I think he will do well. He is that underdog that you love to cheer for.
Maybe a bad analagy but he reminds me of a plaler like Culpepper. That needed a couple of years to develop. Except I think he will stay at that level.

Marrdro
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
"Garland" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Garland" wrote:

;D

He can ball.
;D

Trust me if there is a bigger supporter of T-Jack its me ;D. Just give the guy a chance. I think he will do well. He is that underdog that you love to cheer for.
Maybe a bad analagy but he reminds me of a plaler like Culpepper. That needed a couple of years to develop. Except I think he will stay at that level.

We heard it out of camp last year and in a couple of recent articles........

T-Jack is a quick learner.

I agree.... I think he will do well (or better) and get better every year.
;D