PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating for 2007

swannyb
05-15-2007, 07:26 PM
My biggest beef of the offseason, no mention on where Vikings fans are going to be able to tailgate for the 2007 season.
The Rapid Park lot is officially closed, especially since the Twins held the ceremony today to mark the start of the work on the new stadium.
I sure hope Mr.
Wilf understands that tailgating is a big part of going to games and is also a big part of the Vikings community.
That's how some of us on this forum/website probably met each other is by the good times shared tailgating before games.
Please sound off with opinions or good places to tailgate for 2007, if you know of any.

JoeBu
07-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Can anyone provide any update on this tragic situation.
I'm getting calls from all kinds of people with no answers.

I've contacted the Vikings Marketing Department and got a message back saying that they are working on getting the contracts done for the Star Trib lots and that people who had contracts last year would have first dibs....but she did not indicate if we could tailgate there or not.
I believe it was not zoned for tailgating last year.
I've left another message so we'll see.

NodakPaul
07-25-2007, 04:02 PM
The last I heard from the Vikings was that same basic response I have been getting all year: "We're working on a solution..."

I am have to place another call or send another email.
It is getting pretty close to football season to still be looking for a tailgating location.

Marrdro
07-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Damn, this thread got my hopes up.
:'(

BadlandsVikings
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Damn, this thread got my hopes up.
:'(

Same here
:-

NodakPaul
07-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I just talked to the ticket office.
They said that they were still working out the details, but the latest rumor is that the Star Trib lots will be tailgating lots this year, with the price being $35 per carload.
As soon as something is finalized, they plan on putting it on vikings.com.

Marrdro
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

They said that they were still working out the details, but the latest rumor is that the Star Trib lots will be tailgating lots this year, with the price being $35 per carload.

I'm in.
Whatever truck/car is bringing the grill/ice/TV/Satellite dish etc I will chip in for your parking.

I just want a place to suds, bullshit and drink before the game with as many of you as we can get there.

(Notice how I used two different words to reference beer so I wouldn't look like an alchy?)

BadlandsVikings
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Are these the ones?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/metrodome.jpg

jmcdon00
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
"BadlandsViking" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Are these the ones?

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/metrodome.jpg

Any of those sites look fine to me. What do you really need for tailgaiting? It's just a parking lot right?

$35 seems like alot to park your car, wasn't it $20 last year? I probably won't park there anyway, last year I just got dropped off by the gates and filled my pockets with as many brews as I could carry. ;D

vikesoto
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Tailgating..... at the Metrodome.....

Two words.....

No More !!!!!!

There are what , like 1,000 parking spaces around the dome , a stadium with over 60,000 seats, yup... sounds smart !

It's hard to hate on the owners of these parking lots who are no doubt maKing a killing
on all the condo's and offices going up there. And as a fan it sucks, but what would youR average business man do....

Sucks for the fans who LOVE tailgating, but easy to understand...

And Wilf can't do a thing about it at the dome. He dosen't own what few parking lots
remain around the dome ....

That's why you see so many fans taking the train to the dome and just head into that corporate sponsered tailgate tent outside the dome...

NOT THE SAME !!!

jmcdon00
07-25-2007, 05:50 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

Two words.....

No More !!!!!!

There are what , like 1,000 parking spaces around the dome , a stadium with over 60,000 seats, yup... sounds smart !

It's hard to hate on the owners of these parking lots who are no doubt maKing a killing
on all the condo's and offices going up there. And as a fan it sucks, but what would youR average business man do....

And Wilf can't do a thing about it at the dome. He dosen't own what few parking lots

That's why you see so many fans taking the train to the dome and just head into that corporate sponsered tailgate tent outside the dome...

NOT THE SAME !!!

parking isn't that bad if you are will walk a few blocks. You are right about the tents out side the dome, that is not tailgating, that is getting ripped off.

singersp
07-25-2007, 05:51 PM
"vikesoto" wrote:

Two words.....

No More !!!!!!

NOT THE SAME !!!

I've been saying that all along. With the plan to keep the stadium downtown, tailgatingwill be a rarity, luxury or thing of the past. What few lots are left will be outrageously priced & it's not like they'll tear down buildings to build new parking lots.

We'll have to resort to tailgaiting on the top floor of the parking ramps.

They don't allow tailgating at Fort Snelling lot either, so even finding a lot that allows tailgating that isn't full will be damn near to impossible.